[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Love slow, tanky classes/slow, powerful weapons in games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

File: Dragons+Dogma+Cover+art+logo.jpg (67KB, 620x350px) Image search: [Google]
Dragons+Dogma+Cover+art+logo.jpg
67KB, 620x350px
>Love slow, tanky classes/slow, powerful weapons in games
>Almost always underpowered compared to other classes.

Dragons Dogma Warrior is shit, Risk of Rain Han-D is shit, all slow characters in fighting games are shit, it's all just shit shit shit.

What are some games that let me be a slow powerhouse without having the fucking ninja class with 2 daggers only being slightly weaker and having more DPS anyway?

I want it to actually be worth it to play as the tank.
>>
what's the problem with warrior?
>>
>>382515762

Waldstein is pretty good. But he doesn't count as your regular slow/grappler chara.
>>
>>382515981
>only three skill slots
this kills the guts build
there's other problems too, but this is the worst
>>
Dark souls 2h ultragreatsword is bretty gud
But I feel ya OP
All I wanna do is dump points into strenght and see the damage numbers going up as I cleave through countless hordes

Am I asking too much?
>>
>>382515981
>3 skills
>no ranged attacks to deal with numerous flying enemies
>not even a tank
>most classes have more DPS

it's shit
>>
File: Metal_Golem.jpg (196KB, 623x602px) Image search: [Google]
Metal_Golem.jpg
196KB, 623x602px
>>382515981
>what's the problem with warrior?
*blocks your path*
>>
>>382515762
Why the fuck would you ever want to be slow? What a stupid thing to say.

Also who says Warrior is the tank? ON the proper difficulty you are not gonna tank shit regardless of what class you are.
>>
>>382517428
Dont remind me.
My first playthrough was as a warrior. Had to climb the golem and leap from his head to attack the crystals.
>>
>>382517574
Woooooow what a chore...

Or, you know, you could get some fucking ranged pawns.
>>
While I do agree that only 3 skills is a bit problematic, Warriors work very well, I had lots of fun, primarily thanks to how good exodus slash is. They lack "fun" mechanics unfortunately, but I still think basic fighters are far more boring.
>>
>>382517650
Pawns don't actually do shit unless you roll an identical vocation and teach them.
>>
>>382517650
Good luck getting your retarded pawns to hit that last amulet floating in the air. If you are a pure melee class you are fucked unless you lure him over to it and jump off of his head.
>>
So if i want to play like a typical warrior but don't want to be an useless piece of shit what class do i pick?
>>
>>382517746
that's not true at all
they just need stars in their beastiary and the utilitarian mindset
>>
who the fuck wants to play a slow tank class; fast risky mobile classes are the only way to go
do you pick the heavy in tf2? no you nerdo, you pick scout because he can frag anyone 1v1
do you pick as the lameass warrior in dragon's dogma? of course not, double jumping sanic fast faggot assassin is the only way to play
do you pick huge musclebrains like zangief or m.bison in street fighter? fuck no, pick ibuki and get perfects in online ranked
>>
>>382517746
You're a retard still parroting dead memes.

They don't learn shit from your behaviour, it's all monster knowledge and inclinations. I played a red vocation with a yellow pawn, didn't teach her shit, just had the right skills and inclination, she would get the floating crystals on her own every time.
>>
>>382517921
Yeah okay I will get three stars on metal golem LOL
>>
>>382517858
>another bad

Read >>382518012
>>
>>382517915
What's a typical warrior? Do you just mean a pure melee class?
>>
Gunlance and Lance in Monster Hunter
>>
>>382517915
Fighter.
>>
>>382515762
Steel Battalion might be fun for you.
>>
File: Great_Sword-copy.jpg (672KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
Great_Sword-copy.jpg
672KB, 2000x1333px
>>382515762
I don't know about tanky... but have you seen this monstrosity?
>>
>>382516484
Yeah, but lately the Souls games have become shit at Slow powerhouse builds. Being slow anything is a death sentence. And shields are dog shit in DS3 and Bloodborne so...
>>
>>382517945
This game industry is too homogenized. Everything except "dodge, attack and repeat" is garbage. It's like Archer?Ranger class all over again.
>>
>>382520325
truly we are in hell
>>
File: giantdad.jpg (11KB, 304x166px) Image search: [Google]
giantdad.jpg
11KB, 304x166px
>>382515762
>>
>>382515762
>warrior
>tank
>>
>>382515762
>all slow characters in fighting games are shit

This isn't entirely accurate. Zangief has always been playable. Jack is solid. Hakumen was fine. Siegfried was sometimes great. You just need to know that when you pick them you won't get shit for free.
>>
>>382520237
Have they? I didn't notice. If anything, I think STR builds got a little better with each game. In DS3 I beat Friede on my first try on NG++ with a super heavy weapon, because she's a boss with no poise.
I feel like heavy weapons perform consistently good in Souls games, because most of the time the AI is stupid enough to let you just stunlock it. Str builds only have trouble dealing with enemies with infinite poise.
>>
>>382515762
This is why Enclave Power Armor Mk.2 and Bozar exist. Also double rep Dominix in EVE Online used to be unkillable until the drone nerf. You could just aggro every NPC on the mission and tank them in AFK while your drones killed the NPCs one by one.
>>
>>382515762
Soul Caliber from 1 to 5 allows for awesome slow, heavy hitting fighters. The 2h wielders there are fantastic.
>>
>>382520943
Yeah, but being I'm not talking about slow weapons alone. I'm talking slow builds in general. Having a heavy knight on a dodge build is suicide for obvious reasons. And shields take too much stamina and stamina regen isn't what it was in Demon's and Dark Souls 1.
>>
>>382521254
Yeah, they definitely made tanking harder in later games, so you can't block literally everything with a simple kite shield. But tower shields serve you just fine still. Plus, you should never just trade hits with poisetanking, if that's what you meant. And the 70% weight threshold for a fast roll made life much easier for heavier builds.
>>
>>382515762
Play MonHun, Greatswords have always been top-tier weapons.

No tanking though, the idea in MonHun is to never be hit.
>>
File: Rathalos Epic Stagger.gif (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Rathalos Epic Stagger.gif
3MB, 640x360px
>>382515762
Anon, I... have something to show you.
>>
>>382521598
>2
Yeah true, but arguably MonHun is the best game anyways since sweetspots being heavily upgraded in MH4U makes learning monsters for those sweet lvl 3 charges that much more satisfying. Only Bloodborne charging comes close.
>>
>>382515762
I know what you mean. My friends and I always joke that the top tier character is always a fast ninja girl with almost no downsides

meanwhile giant meat head man is always bottom tier in any game of any genre

You should take >>382520164 advice though and try out monster hunter. It's one of the few games (if not the only) that does it right
>>
File: triedofthisshit.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
triedofthisshit.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
>someone mentions the "pawns learning" meme and people believe him
>>
>>382520237
You're asking for death if you're fatrolling with a greatsword, scrub
>>
>>382520618
Giantdad is long gone though, rest his soul.
>>
>>382515762
This game sucks major donkey dick. Last fucking time I'm listening to you cunts
>>
>>382521598
>No tanking though, the idea in MonHun is to never be hit.
What's the point of the Lance/Gunlance shields, then?
>>
>>382521598
Too bad monster hunter is console trash
>>
File: MHW.jpg (221KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
MHW.jpg
221KB, 1280x720px
>>382522402
>He doesn't know
>>
>>382520618
rip best dad
>>
>>382522402
>what is MHWorld
You can also play PSP title, MHFU is still one of the best MH out there.
>>
>>382522496
>world

Is it an mmo? If so, dropped
>>
>>382522496
>casualized western garbage

no thanks
>>
>>382522580
Where the fuck have you been?
Mainline hunter game for PS4/Bone and PC.
>>
>>382522580
Nope, mainline.

>>382522629
It plays the same with some optional shitty western mechanics that make very little difference, it's no worse than styles or arts which are thankfully gone.
>>
File: battle.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
battle.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
>>382522169
The absolute extent of pawn training that I could accept as being true would be pawns using a skill more often if the player uses it often, but even then that's really shaky
>>
>>382515762
Tankfags are the worst.
Wanting to use big weapons is respectable, partly because you have to play better to make up for the disadvantages big weapons usually bring.
Wanting to be able to tank with them is essentially saying, this weapon is slower therefore I shouldn't need to dodge, why won't the game let me stand here and attack with impunity.
>>
>>382523627
It's called having fun. It feels good attacking and being able to trade a hit.

Of course, it shouldn't be as extreme as a tank being able to take a billion hits and be fine, but damn does it feel good just pushing through and attack and delivering a crazy strong blow right back.
>>
>>382523627
Damage is less of a concern than being able to complete an attack without being interrupted and stunlocked. I'll take 90% of my health bar being lost in a trade over taking minimal damage but still being unable to finish my fucking attack because some cheeky shitter keeps spamming quick attacks before I can finish a normal attack.
>>
Is the warrior really that bad?

I seem to recall each class excelling in certain areas, and it largely being a matter of subjective choice as to what was better. Plus, the most physically powerful weapons in the game are used by them.

That said, anything that required range was pretty annoying.
>>
>>382524459
Warrior isn't that bad, but it does have distinct disadvantages, mostly only having three skills for no real reason and having no range options (Fighter has the same problem, but at least it gets six skills).
>>
File: havelagoodtime.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
havelagoodtime.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>
>>382526693
ds3 fucked up slow weapons, it's the only souls game where I had to give up my slow weapon and switch to a battleaxe
>>
>tfw arms warrior in wow isn't as slow and deliberate as it was in wod anymore
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.