[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Me being naive I assumed it being four months out I go to a store

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
Me being naive I assumed it being four months out I go to a store and someone would have a switch. Every place I go the say the most we get is 10 in stock per shipment they sellout within a hour. 4 months out I had no problem picking up PS4 at all. Stop this artificial scarcity bullshit, I know you are business and only understand money. I wanted to give you money and I couldn't. I bought PS4 games instead because I couldn't give you money I gave your competitor money.
>>
not even good bait
>>
>>382514278
I'm 100% serious
>>
>>382514217
Artificial scarcity has never made sense for a product with high marginal sales of accessories and games, like the Switch.
>>
>>382514474
I've read the articles about how apple is undercutting them on components. I understand big contracts aren't easy to get out of but. But this horseshit there are dozens of parts manufacturing businesses that would jump at a Nintendo contract I can't help but imagine how other people said I guess I won't bother buying a switch then.
>>
>>382514217
>I bought PS4 games
There is the real artificial scarcity.
>>
>>382514859
Well I have a ps4, and was going to spend that money on video game stuff anyways.
>>
>>382514807
>dozens of parts manufacturing businesses
I think you're confused. It's not JUST Apple (apple is a big part of it) but right now every smartphone, tablet, and data center trying to get parts.

"The problem is an industrywide capacity shortage for components used in smartphones, computer servers and other digital devices. These include the NAND flash-memory chips that store data, liquid-crystal displays and the tiny motors that enable the Switch’s hand-held controllers to imitate the feel of an ice cube shaking in a glass."
>>
It's not artificial scarcity, Apple is buying all the parts they need. After Apple launches their next phone Nintendo will be able to sell more consoles.
>>
>>382515048
The joke was that the PS4 has so few games it's like an artificial scarcity.
>>
>>382514217
I don't want to defend Nintendo, but for them to lose shit loads of money to fly shipments and making the things as fast as they can is not artificial scarcity.
>>
>>382514217
"Artificial" is the shittiest buzzword on /v/. Anyone who unironically uses it is outing themselves as a retard that pretends to know anything about business
>>
>>382515710
Thank you NeoGA/v/, you're alright sometime
>>
>>382514217
Cool blog, where can I subscribe?
>>
>>382515164
I'm looking around for articles, Increased demand for nand is putting pressure on supply. I was trying to find why they could just upscale production. There seems to be a silicon shortage.
>>
>>382514807
>But this horseshit there are dozens of parts manufacturing businesses that would jump at a Nintendo contract
There are not dozens of reputable NAND memory manufacturers. And none of them would pass up a smartphone contract in favor of Nintendo. There's also big competition for NAND from servers right now.

Do you seriously believe Nintendo wouldn't do whatever they could to make more money? They just don't want money all of a sudden? They're like
>nah, that money stuff? Overrated.
>>
>>382516558
I'm look back at 2016 articles and basically they didn't anticipate the growth of nand and they haven't really invested as much as they should to upscale since then.
>>
>>382514217
>Stop this artificial scarcity bullshit
But it's not. It's due to a shortage of components. It's literally Apple's fault.
>>
>>382514217
>Me being naive I assumed it being four months out I go to a store and someone would have a switch.

Stopped reading there, you are beyond naive. When they first said the words NX, I started saving money. Because I didn't care what it was, I just wanted to be prepared, because I knew when preorders went up, it would sell it fast. It doesn't hurt at all to save up money, because if the NX turned out to be trash, I could just buy something else. My lesson here is, when a company hints at a new console, save your fucking money because there's no telling if it is going to be good or bad. Always be prepared.
>>
>/v/ once again pretending they know how to run a company
the variables involved in creating a chain of supply for international hardware manufacturing are ridiculously complex
it boggles the mind that people on this board actually think nintendo is willingly holding back on selling their most successful-at-launch console since the wii
>>
>>382517160
Really, is there an article that talks about Nintendo's particular response to the shortage? I was under the impression there's not too much they can do, as companies don't typically invest in factories themselves. Even Apple just leases production lines.
>>
The shortage is due to the Switch sharing some components with certain Apple products and Apple is just buys the factories or most-all of their production. So it's damn near impossible to Nintendo to get their hands on components. It's literally Apple's fault. It's not artificial shortage, idiot.
>>
The ultimate lesson here is that Nintendo always seems to be behind in information in one way or the other:

>Didn't expect the Wii to become as popular as it was, making it hard for people to get them.
>Didn't expect those same fans to abandon the Wii and never get a Wii U, with Nintendo taking months before they realized the thing wasn't selling.
>Also didn't expect HD games development to take more time then normal games development, which was why the Wii U got games at such a slow pace.
>And now, didn't expect the Switch's components to be so limited in quantity.

It might have something to do with how unpredictable Nintendo seems to be with hardware. They just, make something, and throw it onto the market, not being prepared for it to fail or succeed, and simply react many months later based on if it does good or bad.
>>
>>382517619
They invest in contracts not necessarily in the business itself.
>>
>>382514217
Just bought one for $370 Australian dollars. Since that includes 10% tax and everything is expensive as fuck here I think that was a pretty great deal

Seems to be plenty of stock here.
>>
>>382515971
Right. Because nobody is making phones, tablets or TVs.

Don't buy that bullshit.
>>
>>382517938
370 Austrila dollars = 284.55 American dollars
this is fucking meme you aren't paying more
>>
>>382518143
No shit. Retail price is $470, I'm saying there's enough stock that stores can afford to give decent discounts.
>>
>>382514217
It's only americucks who even have console stock shortages
>>
>>382518276
you said 370, if you paid 470. Then yes it is more expense by 60 usd
>>
>>382514217
>Stop this artificial scarcity bullshit,

It's Nintendo. They cant help themselves with the artificial scarcity shit. It's like telling a rapist to stop raping people. Wont happen. Not in their nature.

They do the artificial scarcity with literally all of their physical shit except games.
>>
>>382515283
>It's not artificial scarcity, Apple is buying all the parts they need

Bull fucking shit.

If this was the case, then why are some amiibos so hard to come by? I wanted those new Link amiibos and they are nowhere to be found in stores at MSRP. These amiibos dont use device components.

Nintendo loves this artificial scarcity crap. They'd do it even if there wasnt a component shortage. It's what they do for some retarded reason.
>>
>>382518365
This make me a sad panda
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.