[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shill me on this /v/. How does it differ from every other 2d

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

Shill me on this /v/. How does it differ from every other 2d sidescroller indie game
>>
>>382512662
its actually good
>>
It's a mix of Ducktales NES and Mega Man. It's got a joyful energy about it and it's just really good fun and feels great to play.
>>
>>382512850
pretty much this. its nothing necessarily unique but it is high quality polished game play and enjoyable style
>>
>>382512662
level design
movement options other than just jumping and wall-jumping
>>
>>382512662
The platforming is actually very well designed and it borrows a page from Mega Man's book by having the levels be distinctly designed around a specific mechanic for each boss. The boss fights are good, there are plenty of secret items and some upgrades to find that can make up for your shortcomings in case you're simply not gud enough to deal with the levels themselves, the music is goat, the pixel graphics are actually good and not just lazy, and it comes bundled with the Plague Knight campaign, which is absolutely goat, and the Specter Knight campaign, that plays very different from the base game and has more challenging gameplay. The story and characters are also simple but fun, and the whole game is more or less simply the golden standard for how to make an SNES-style 2D action platformer nowdays

So it has lot of content, and it's all pretty good content.
Mona a best
>>
>>382512662
It's way better than that piece of shilled crap Hollow knight that's for sure
>>
What the hell is treasure trove?
>>
>>382514104
Well for one it has a much superior art direction, hollow knight has the most boring use of colors and makes the game feel more dull to me for it
>>
Why is Specter sold different from Treasure Trove? I thought they weren't Jews.
>>
>>382514685
???
>>
>>382514376
It's the bundled package for the Shovel Knight, Specter Knight and Plague Knight campaigns.
>>
>>382515063
>Disclaimer: If you own Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove, you will NOT need to purchase Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment separately. This title is included with all versions of Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove.
Sorry, I'm illiterate
>>
>Beat Plague and Specter, had so much fun with them
>Shovel is incredulously boring

His gameplay is just so weak compared to the other two
>>
>>382515382
Plague has a better story too. Haven't tried Specter yet.
>>
>>382515445
Specter probably has the best levels even if his gameplay feels really unwieldy. His story's also pretty good, though Plague's is still better

God knows how King Knight will be
>>
>>382515382
Well shovel knight was the original and I believe that the game is supposed to be played with SK first and then the DLC.

SK sets up the base feel and mechanics of the game, and then the other 2 campaigns iterate on it and mess with what can be done with the gameplay. The way you played it definitely disrupts that chronological flow.
>>
>>382512662
it doesn't, but its a solid game. unlike shantae's games, the gameplay is good in this.
>>
>>382515775
Actually I got Shovel Knight long before Plague came out, but dropped the game when I got bored with it. Then I picked up Plague when it came out and was completely dazzled
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.