[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Look I'm trying to be objective about this but isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: accessoryjewgame.jpg (349KB, 1184x1140px) Image search: [Google]
accessoryjewgame.jpg
349KB, 1184x1140px
Look I'm trying to be objective about this but isn't the accessory requirements for the Switch kind of a rip off?

I've just never heard of a console where you have to buy the controller that actually works properly separately or where you have to buy a stand so you can actually play your device while it charges

I mean it just adds up
Pro Controller - $70
Stand - $50
Screen Protector - $15
Ethernet adapter - $30
Case - $30
Charging Grip - $40
etc

You could get like 4 games instead. No shitposting please, everytime I want to buy a Switch I'm just reminded of the huge hidden pay wall and all the extra shit you have to buy on the side to compensate for trying to meld consoles and handhelds together, it's just not a fully thawed out concept at this stage in my opinion and is still being held back by a profit driven accessory scam.
>>
>>382508317
>Look I'm trying to be objective about this but isn't the accessory requirements for the Switch kind of a rip off?
>accessory
>requirements
Stopped reading there.
>>
You can play every game available for the system (except some multiplayer stuff) which just what comes in the box. The rest are all 'nice to have' but not required
>>
>>382508317
All you really needs is
>Pro Controller
>Charging Grip
>Play Stand

There is no other reason to own anything else. Hell, you really dont need anything I mention
>>
>>382508492
I don't think being able to play on lan or a controller that works properly as 'nice to have' but should come in the box type of thing
>>
The only accessory even remotely CLOSE to being required is the Hori Stand, and that's only if you use it as a tabletop portable console.
>>
I didn't have to buy an external battery for my DS4 nor did I need to buy a charging dock for them, so you don't need the battery pack nor a charging grip for the joycons that last 4 times more. You also don't need the included grips, nor do you need a "controller that actually works properly" because they work properly already.
And you also do not need to buy a stand for something you are never going to be doing.
The true bullshit is the lack of built-in ethernet port, but you would be wasting money since everyone will be playing without it anyways.
>>
>>382508317
You don't actually need any of that junk.
You're reaching hardCORE
>>
>>382508317
Half a controller costs almost the same as a Pro Controller, and the thing to put the two halves together has to be bought separately, shit's fucking crazy.
>>
>>382508548
There is a controller that works properly though. In the box. The joycons work great. And the ethernet cable adapter runs the exact same latency as wifi.
>>
>>382508548
>a controller that works properly

the games are designed for the joycons, they do work properly. What exactly are you looking for there

I've also been playing ARMS over wifi with no issue, and if you do have signal issues get a much cheaper 3rd party ethernet plug
>>
>>382508317
I haven't bought any accessories for my switch aside from a screen protector. Why do you think you need those things?
>>
File: 1416099918263.jpg (47KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
1416099918263.jpg
47KB, 500x338px
none of that shit is required

I bought some things because I felt like it (case, extra joycon set because I have friends), but it's all completely optional
>>
They overcharge knowing the fact that people with common sense will not spend money on the Switch and Nintendo fans will buy anything regardless of price/quality.
>>
>>382508723
>>382508705
The joycons work great but they don't feel great, I've tired them, they are so light it feels really retarded to play with
>>
You can just use any generic USB Lan adapter, just like Wii/Wii U. The only
required" piece is a screen protector. Joycons can be sent to Nintendo for free repair if there's issues, and most new stock come already fixed.
>>
>>382508983
That's your personal preference. I love the joycons.

Much for the same reason you don't say a computer ripped you off because you felt like buying a special keyboard, it's not nintendo's fault you have special preferences for controllers.
>>
>>382508317
Calling them requirements is obnoxious but I agree that they're getting away with highway robbery. I've spent over $200 on accessories alone and all I have to show for it are two controllers, a charging dock for my Joy-Cons, a screen protector and a case. And while I wouldn't say any of these are a necessity it'll still awful how expensive all of this shit is. And this isn't even everything I want. Ideally I'd like another pair of Joy-Cons, which means another $80, in addition to anything else I might want in the future.
>>
>>382508575
I'd say that the screen protector is a must, but it's the cheapest part, apart from an ethernet adapter which can be off-brand. Pro is nice but joycons are good enough as well, stand is unnecessary, case is too as it's pretty rugged, charging grip is outright stupid.
>>
>>382508542
>Pro Controller
>Charging Grip
Departament of redundancy departament.
>>
>>382508317
The only thing I'm mad about is $70 for the pro controller. Everything else listed is optional and has cheaper options (like $3 for a glass screen protector, $10 gigabit ethernet USB adapter, case/stand/etc. on Amazon).
>>
>>382508317
i got an aftermarket screen protector for 5
didnt bother with controller shit because it's always better to play dual joycons freehand
>>
>>382508317
>accessory requirements
kek

I just have the out of the box Switch and that's enough, that shit is 2 player out of the box even. I only play Mario Kart 8 on splitscreen with my brother and the joycons are fine, they look tiny but while playing you even forget you are using such tiny ass thing, it's acceptable.
>>
>it's another "retarded cuck thinks the pro controller is manditory" episode
I hate reruns.
>>
File: original.jpg (67KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
67KB, 1000x1000px
>>382509480
Well, there's also wired Hori Pro that is $30, so not even that. The only gripe is lack of motion controls, but both ARMS and Splatoon are much better with joycons.
>>
>>382508317
I'm getting the headset adapter day 1 and I don't even have a Switch.
>>
>>382509929
It's because /v/ is full of fatasses and joycons were made for the hands of normal humans
>>
>>382508317
>I absolutely NEED to buy everything that's optional or else I can't play on the Switch
>>
>>382508317
that is some low quality bait, my friend
>>
>>382510258
reel meme need reel controllers, not child sized one
>>
>>382508317
>all the extra shit you have to buy on the side to compensate for trying to meld consoles and handhelds together

You can play games in console mode just by detaching the controllers, you fucking idiot. You don't even need the grip that comes with the console.

And for the record, by including the wrist strap attachments in that image you outed yourself as a troll.
>>
>>382508317
You don't need any of these accessories though.
Stop detracting from the real shitty practices Nintendo does like "AC adapter not included" bullshit.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.