[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just beat pic related for the first time, started playing it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: majoras mask.jpg (45KB, 500x344px) Image search: [Google]
majoras mask.jpg
45KB, 500x344px
I just beat pic related for the first time, started playing it because everyone on here always claims it's the best 3D zelda. This is simply, truly the WORST 3d Zelda.
First of all it's super short, the time travel mechanic is just there to actually give you the illusion that the game is long, but this is factually the shortest 3d Zelda out there. It also has what's pretty much the longest intro (and most boring one), the dungeons are shit because they're all super short, they were all designed to be cleared in like 20 minutes because of the time travel mechanic.

>but it has MUH SKULL KID!
A living proof that Nintendo fans will say that any sort of variety is automatically good. They claim skull kid is "one of the best villains in the series" simply because he isn't ganon or vaati, but we literally know jack shit about skullkid asides from the fact he's a skullkid and likes to fuck around like most of them.

And lastly: I simply feel this game suffered from "the hobbit syndrome" where the plot/setting isn't very interesting because it feels overshadowed by the previous entry in the saga.

So remind me exactly why do you guys love this?
>>
>>382506898
I like dungeons so WW is much, much worse than MM.
>>
Thematically it is the best Zelda game, I don't know how anyone could argue against that much. Sure a lot of the mechanics are flawed and annoying but overall it's still a good game. Man some of the side stuff is tedious though god damn. And btw of you didn't collect all the masks you didn't really beat it.
>>
>>382507721
>get all the masks
>makes beating the 4 mask bosses easier for resetting the cycle
>it completely ruins the final boss
I'm torn.
>>
>>382506898
The sidequests, my dude. You did 100% right? You're not a casual, are you?
>>
The dungeons really aren't the meat of the game, it's getting the masks
>>
Beating all 4 dungeons is just 50% of the game, fool.
>>
The dungeons are a little under standard length but straight to the point. The opposite of that would be skyward sword which has dreadfully long dungeons that end with underwhelming bosses
>>
>>382506898
Even if the game mechanically is the worst (its not, wind waker is far worse) its the tone and the music that make it the best. Areas like Ikana Tower and Deku Palace, you just dont find those in other videogames, at all. This is also why people like wind waker. Honestly Wind Waker is hard to go back to cuz of how bad it is, but the graphics and music is what pull people back in. Majoras Mask, probably with Breath of the Wild are incredible games. Leagues above all the other Zeldas hands down
>>
>>382506898
I agree with you. No troll.
>>
If this bait post gets over 100 replies then /v/ deserves to die. If you can't spot s trap designed to gobble up (you)s then the cancer has risen.
>>
>>382508884
as if this doesn't happen every day on this board. You gotta give OP credit for actually putting some time into this compared to the usual stuff we see
>>
>>382508884
Of course I know it is, but I am here to discuss. Here's another reply for OP.
>>
>>382508884

Why call it bait? It's not even "haha this is the shittiest zelda", there's a bunch of arguments in the post.
>>
>>382506898
it mostly gets praised for it's city side quests. its made evident that this was the devs intentions by the bomber journal helping you keep track of everyone's schedule. you only get a small taste of this if you didn't spend time in the main city, like i did, even less so if you just do the dungeons, which it seems to be your case.

not the devs fault you didn't pick up on the little kid telling you to keep track of people's time
>>
>>382510892

I did and still think it's a really bad zelda game
>>
>>382506898
>where the plot/setting isn't very interesting because it feels overshadowed by the previous entry in the saga.
Worst bait I've ever read
>>
>>382506898
I think the main problem here is Majora's Mask is the dullest game in the history of Zelda games. Seriously, each dungeon following the boy Hylian and his pals from Clock Town as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the game’s only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of reused assets, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Miyamoto vetoed the idea of developing the game for more than a year; he made sure the game would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for the N64. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask might be anti-lighthearted (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-Ocarina of Time in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the atmosphere was good though
"No!"
The atmosphere is dreadful; the game was terrible. As I played, I noticed that every time I died, the mask salesman said instead that the character "met a terrible fate."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Miyamoto's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Majora's Mask by the same Hidetaka Miyazaki. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are playing Majora's Mask at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to play Dark Souls." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you play "Majora's Mask" you are, in fact, trained to play Dark Souls.
>>
>>382511379

This is a pasta, right?
>>
Majora's mask was the 2nd highest rated Zelda on MC before BOTW came out, it's funny to think that there's always a franchise where one of its least popular entries among fans is actually one of the most popular ones among critics. Same thing happened with FF, FF9 is the highest rated FF on metacritic and yet its the lowest selling game in the franchise
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.