[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't modern game developers respect the principle of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 572
Thread images: 76

File: savage reddit.png (76KB, 1052x817px) Image search: [Google]
savage reddit.png
76KB, 1052x817px
Why don't modern game developers respect the principle of freedom of speech any longer?
>>
You don't understand what freedom of speech is.
>>
>>382501919
>say words in online game
>lose access to account due to this

this is censorship i.e antithesis of freedom of speech

you have no argument against this fact
>>
>>382502302
You have literally no understanding of freedom of speech.
>>
>>382502302

Freedom of speech means the government can't punish you for something you said. It doesn't mean everybody else has to accept it.

Go play more ubisoft games, goy
>>
File: ffxiv_06132017_002512.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_06132017_002512.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>agree to terms of service
>get mad when you violate terms of service
>>
>>382502647
>>382502712
try re-reading the OP

>principle of freedom of speech
>>
>>382502712
the government says you can't discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, or if you're a raging faggot, but companies aren't free to ignore that. What about that?
>>
>>382501838
>savage

lmao Reddit is so cancerous.
>>
>>382502804
Oh shit, you can have Lightning's hair? This changes everything.
>>
>>382502818

Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequence.
>>
File: smug.png (28KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
smug.png
28KB, 200x200px
>>382502941
>you can say things but if you say things i dont like you cant say things any more

so censorship?
>>
>>382502941
spoken like a true fascist. Don't you have an antifa meetup to get to?
>>
>>382502941

That's a very SJW argument.

The actual reason that OP is stupid is that video games are not the government. The first amendment doesn't guarantee your right to say nigger in a video game.
>>
>Freedom of consequence

>Yeah man those people in North Korea have total freedom of speech; they just have to live with the consequence of going to a labor camp for the rest of their lives should they say anything that the government disagrees with

When do we remove all the double digit IQ's from society?
>>
>>382503060
the OP is talking about the principle of freedom of speech though, learn to read
>>
>>382501838
>talk shit
>make the game worse for everyone else
>surprised when the devs axe you to make their product better

Get fucked OP
>>
>>382503045
>Companies should be forced to provide a service to me regardless of what I do
>>
File: free_speech.png (52KB, 566x577px) Image search: [Google]
free_speech.png
52KB, 566x577px
>>
>>382503195
>mob rule overrules the first amendment
>>
>>382503150
>developers should be allowed to revoke access to a product you paid for without refund because you say words

this is a recent thing too, gamedevs didnt do this until leftist retards starting infesting the industry
>>
>>382503314
>Implying it does
>>
>>382503327
leftists infest every industry except - big surprise - manual labor and backbreaking jobs, such as working on an oil rig or a fishing boat or not sucking cocks 24/7.
>>
>>382503257
>The right to free speech means the government can't arret you for what you say

you can't make death threats especially towards the president.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhWCk2f2alI
>>
>>382503129
>getting banned from a game made for babies because you said nigger a lot is the same as mining for magnesite in a north korean death camp

w0w
>>
>>382503141

The principle of freedom of speech means that the government can't harm you for what you said. That's it. Freedom of speech never meant I get to say whatever I want free of consequence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shouting_fire_in_a_crowded_theater
>>
>>382503141

Okay, fair enough, but then there's really nothing to complain about. Why does it matter if you can't get away with deliberately pissing people off in a video game? It's not even a matter of limiting freedom of speech, it's a matter of getting very annoying people who spam "nigger nigger nigger" to stop annoying everyone.

To answer his question:

>Why don't modern game developers respect the principle of freedom of speech any longer?

They never did. If you were able to get away with acting like a stupid child, it's because no mods were around or the game didn't have a report feature.
>>
File: cancer.jpg (41KB, 720x438px) Image search: [Google]
cancer.jpg
41KB, 720x438px
>>382503327
>he thinks he owns multiplayer games
Sorry friendo, this is just the market at work. Companies don't have to provide you a service in which you make their service worse for other people.
>>
>all those upboats
i thought it was a meme?
>>
File: liberals.png (671KB, 812x789px) Image search: [Google]
liberals.png
671KB, 812x789px
>>382503369
well the state of liberal college campuses today should come as a complete surprise to you then.
>>
>>382503327
>Complains about leftism
>Advocates for more regulation on the gaming industry by not allowing them to make and enforce their own ToS
Retard.
>>
>>382503045

Go scream nigger in a black neighborhood and see how much people are going to care about your freedom of speech.
>>
>>382503060
that's exactly what that guy is saying you fucking idiot.

the consequence being he got in trouble for saying faggot in a video game.

You just tried contradicting someone but proved their point.
>>
>>382503617
>Citizens are government entities
>>
>>382501838
you guy know that TOS you accept each time you go into an online game or service?

in every single one of them there is something that says that the developer has the right to 'revoke access' any time you violate a rule

freedom of speech doesnt apply when you sign away your right to it
>>
>>382503480
Yes; the degree of consequence is exactly what we should all get held up on.

Please don't have children
>>
>>382503726
>implying I'd go to a black neighborhood for any reason
>>
File: 1497849186913.png (233KB, 492x505px) Image search: [Google]
1497849186913.png
233KB, 492x505px
>>382503765
>mobs attacking people with opinions is ok since they're not government.

Gotcha, snowflake.
>>
>>382501838

Ok faggot let me make this simple for you

FREEDOM OF SPEECH IS FREEDOM OF CENSORSHIP BY THE GOVERNMENT. ANY OTHER CENSORSHIP THAT YOU TAKE PART OF THAT IS BASED ON YOUR INVOLVEMENT WITH A PRIVATE PARTY/COMPANY/CORPORATION IS PERFECTLY FINE. WHATS THAT? YOU WANNA PLAY YOUR FAGGY LITTLE GAME? THERES NO FREEDOM OF CENSORSHIP THERE BECAUSE YOU'RE ON THE GAME'S PRIVATE PROPERTY.
>>
>>382501838
>be nigger
>get banned

stop being a nigger
>>
>>382503936
>Implying I said it's okay
nice strawman by the way
>>
File: 1498349948552.jpg (109KB, 998x974px) Image search: [Google]
1498349948552.jpg
109KB, 998x974px
>>382501838
This thread is like one giant
>It's UUUUH free country aint it
>>
>>382501838
Neogaf and reddit was main web for developers these day.
Now you tell me why they dont respect freedom of speech.
>>
>>382501838
I'm curious how this works in america, In Australia we have summary offences called offensive language and/or offensive conduct.
I.e if you run into a restaurant unprovoked and scream that a random diner is a nigger faggot the police will fine you and tell you to fuck off.

Do such offences exist in america and how do they interact with freedom of speech (given the police work at the pleasure of the government).
>>
>>382504025
i refuted your head in the sand assertion that mob rule never infringes on free speech, you fucking retard. are you an actual strawman or do you just not know what that is?
>>
>>382503747

I wasn't actually trying to contradict him, and I wasn't actually proving his point or saying the same thing as him, either.

I was:
1) Criticizing his argument because it's SJW shit to imply that being bullied for exercising freedom of speech is okay.
2) Criticizing OP for believing that rules against cursing in video games have anything to do with freedom of speech in the first place.
>>
>>382501838
Because theyre all nu male beta orbiters,

If it weren't for Japan gaming would suck.
>>
you guys know that any time a corporation violates a constitutional right, especially a human right, you can sue them.

why don't you guys do that?

oh right, because you know what they're doing is legally allowed and that when you accept that terms of service you lose any right to complain

any lawyer or judge would laugh in your fucking face if you ever said that your right to free speech is being violated after signing an agreement to a certain set of terms
>>
>>382504184
>1) Criticizing his argument because it's SJW shit to imply that being bullied for exercising freedom of speech is okay.

He's not being bullied. He got his ass banned for being a tremendous faggot and no company is forced to deal with that shit.
>>
>>382502818
OP has nothing to do with freedom of speech. Since you're an idiot, I'll just spoonfeed you as to why it has nothing to do with freedom of speech:
>Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Congress hasn't done shit. The government didn't ban him.

This has fuck all to do with free speech.
>>
>>382504307

Okay now this is pretty funny because you're literally saying what I said in the next line which you didn't quote.
>>
>>382504369
why do so many people take umbrage with the conduct of modern left wing orwellian gamedevs banning people for mean words then?
>>
>>382504404

Yeah but you think that guy is being bullied.
>>
>>382504156
>First he was talking about the first amendment
>Now he's talking about free speech
Strawmanning again I see.
>>
>>382504465
>why do so many people take umbrage with the conduct of modern left wing

That's really all that needs to be said
>>
File: pepebook.jpg (93KB, 804x743px) Image search: [Google]
pepebook.jpg
93KB, 804x743px
>>382501838
not a proper vidya but
>playing multiplayer browser based drawing game
>type nazi into chat
>its censored
mfw
>>
File: 1492818317828.jpg (801KB, 1462x1462px) Image search: [Google]
1492818317828.jpg
801KB, 1462x1462px
>all these spergs being pedantic saying NUH UH FREEDOM OF SPEECH MEANS...

we are talking in the context of online games, not in terms of politics

stop being obtuse.

Anyway, I miss the halcyon days of calling people faggots/telling them to kill themselves in quake.
>>
>>382504491
they're the same thing, you retard.
>muh straw mans
took your first philosophy class this semester i see
>>
>>382504490

No, not at all. Back way the fuck up to this post: >>382502941
>Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequence.
That is, verbatim, a very common SJW argument used to justify violently bullying people who exercise their right to free speech. I was criticizing the use of this phrase. I was not implying that it actually applies to the idiot who gets banned from a video game.
>>
>>382504465
>conduct of modern left wing orwellian gamedevs

People got banned for annoying the shit out of everyone since online games came to exist. Fuck you for trying to make this seem like a left vs right issue. Go cry to Milo about how you can't act like you're on 4chan everywhere else.
>>
>>382502804
This
>>
File: 1497407507413.jpg (195KB, 1177x892px) Image search: [Google]
1497407507413.jpg
195KB, 1177x892px
>>382504516
>>382504721
>>
>>382504649
>they're the same thing, you retard.
Uh-huh, okay, whatever you say. You're wrong, though.
>>
>>382504721
it most definitely is a left vs right issue though.
>>
They're trying to enforce a particular community for their players. Normally I would say that they should just have their accounts permanently muted, but I suppose having a harsher penalty would discourage people from doing it in the first place.

The principle behind freedom of speech is that you can have a public forum for your opinions. It isn't that every public forum allows you to state your opinions.
>>
>>382504782
where do you think the concept of freedom of speech comes from, genius?
>>
>>382504764
>That is, verbatim, a very common SJW argument

Not really. It means exactly what I typed. Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequence. No company or service or whatever is forced to deal with your bullshit. Nothing SJW about this. If you came into my shop annoying the hell out of my costumers I'd throw you out before you could even complain about your freeze peaches.
>>
>>382504657
who fucking cares what kind of argument you think it is? that's a fallacy fucktits
>>
>>382504913
Not from the first amendment, genius.
>>
>>382504643

Then you're being retarded. You have no freedom of speech in the context of video games and never did. End of story.
>>
>>382504982

I guess you don't know where you got that from, but it is, actually, word-for-word, what SJWs say on Twitter when they want to defend antifa beating the shit out of people who wear MAGA hats.
>>
>>382501838
Because modern people are soft nigger faggots. Just look at all the fucking homosexual negroids in this thread defending this shit. I mean this whole fucking thread smells like some queer mix of butthole lubricant and KFC.
>>
>>382505019
am i being baited? are you really this stupid?
>>
>>382504657
>justify violently bullying people who exercise their right to free speech

Being banned from an online game is being violently bullied now? Talk about first world problems.
>>
Okay let's get past the legal semantics, obviously the developers don't have to let you say whatever you want if you sign their contract, you can say "hurr durr technically they''re allowed to ban you if they want". That's not what OP is arguing though/ The point is that they are absolute pussy faggot no-fun-allowed bitch cunts, and this wouldn't have happened ten years ago.
>>
>>382505143
Maybe you're just retarded?
>>
>>382505079
Are you really this much of a fool? You are being very autistic. Stop it.
>>
>>382504982

Also, for the second or third time,
>No company or service or whatever is forced to deal with your bullshit.
Didn't imply that.

I was criticizing the regurgitation of an SJW talking point frequently used for ACTUAL anti-free-speech arguments. I was not implying that being a douche in online games is an actual freedom of speech issue.
>>
File: 1482008505074.gif (445KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1482008505074.gif
445KB, 250x188px
Companies have the right to ban you from their platform/service for any fucking reason they want. Why do you think you have to sign a tens of thousands word long Terms of Service when you register on Blizzard, Facebook, etc. ?
They even have the fucking "I've read the ToS and agree to follow them". Nobody reads that shit, the company knows it, you know it, everyone knows it. But it's basically a fucking loophole for any company to say "Fuck you, I don't want to deal with your shit, get out!".
Yeah it sucks, but it isn't against the law.
So suck it up, it's just the current climate we have with governments and socio-political movements trying to cencor the internet. I mean for fuck's sakes, Germany just signed a bill that FORCES companies to actively search, report and delete content, that could be associated with "hate speech". If they don't they'll get fined, also they have to give three annual reports each year.
You know what companies are going to do? That's right, cover their asses because who the fuck wants to pay thousands of euros because some random ass dude said something mildly controversial/mean online/in a video game.
>>
>2017
>people who defend banning shit talkers

Its stupid to hide behind freendom of speech like >>382501838

But the fact its becoming all so more common is sad
>>
>>382505091

I don't care about where that comes from and I don't care about your obsession with antifa crap. People were never allowed to annoy the hell out of others in this country in the name of free speech, ever.
>>
>>382505156

You get zero points for reading comprehension.
>>
>>382505186
i know exactly where our right to freedom of speech comes from, unlike you. Maybe you're retarded?
>>
>>382501838
The principle is not respected because it could potentially cost them sales. Devs, or more accurately, CORPORATIONS want to make money. Allowing abusive speech could drive off sales to some people. Now I know some of you are thinking "It could drive off sales for people who want to be able to harass people too!" and obviously, yeah, it could. But it's less likely, and that audience is likely smaller.
also if you actually cannot resist insulting people you are playing with, you need to get thicker skin. Don't get so worked up over a video game.
>>
/v/ in a social situation

>A group of people are at a restaurant for a social get together
>a /v/irgin is part of the group
>there's a light-hearted debate about something
>the /v/irgin appears to be on the losing side of an argument and shouts NIGGER NIGGER FUCK YOU NIGGER FAGGOT CUNT NIGGER FAGGOT at the person he's arguing against
>The rest of the party are not really impressed with such a display of immaturity, inability to control emotion, and needlessly discriminatory and divisive language that would make it impossible for anyone those words target to feel comfortable
>they decide that they don't want to spend anytime with the /v/irgin anymore, and they exclude him from their social group
>the /v/irgin's defense is BUT FREE SPEECH! THAT MEANS I CAN SAY WHATEVER I WANT AND YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT ME INTO ANY SORT OF PRIVATE SOCIAL GROUP, CLUB, ORGANIZATION, OR BUSINESS!!!!

learn some social skills your autistic retards. Free speech means you can be punished by the law for your words. Private social groups and businesses are no the government.
>>
>>382505194
This is not an SJW talking point. It's how freedom of speech works in the real world. Do you think reality has a left wing bias now?
>>
>>382505156

Wow, pretending the post says X while omitting from your greentext the part which says the exact opposite of X, great argument.
>>
>>382504154
>how this works in america,
In that situation you could probably get cited with hate speech and/or disturbing the peace. There are a few things the police could cite you for It all depends on the situation. As far as that chat log goes, nowadays its considered harassment, I remember when it was considered poor trash talk.
t. Anon who took a sociology class in college
>>
>>382505190

Great argument. Very convincing.
>>
>>382501838
>lebbitor came to whine about his ban on uncle 4chan

Fuck off. "oh but i just read it there," just as bad.
>>
File: michael-jackson.jpg (176KB, 1920x1088px) Image search: [Google]
michael-jackson.jpg
176KB, 1920x1088px
>>382501838
I have a simple solution for you.
Just don't be black.
>>
>>382501838
why are you on reddit?
>>382502302
no it means you can't have legal action taken against you. you agreed to the terms and agreements that everybody skips through so it's all on you
>>
>>382505252
Justify shit-talking to me. Why should it be tolerated? I don't care either way, I just want to see the logical reasoning why it SHOULD be actively allowed.
>>
>>382505364
when the left wing controls media, academia, and HR departments, yes.
>>
>>382505381

That guy literally said that crap about bullying in the context of someone being banned for being a harassing faggot. How am I supposed to take this?
>>
>>382505093
alright thats it, im reporting you to the feelings police
>>
>>382505364
>This is not an SJW talking point.

It actually is.

https://twitter.com/search?q=%22freedom%20from%20consequence%22&src=typd

It is reality that words have consequences. I'm not saying words shouldn't have consequences. I am saying it's a popular phrase and you should stop pretending you made it up on the spot. I'm also saying it's a phrase used to defend things which you yourself are not defending.
>>
Sounds like the guy playing was a massive faggot
>>
>>382505248
And I want to add that I don't approve of this, I just understand why it's happening and why you shouldn't make it a freedom of speech or left vs. right issue when talking about private companies.
Now that Germany thing I mentioned falls under a different umbrella, but this place should be about discussing vidya, so go to somewhere else to open up that can of worms.
>>
>>382505252

If I was a dev I sure as fuck wouldn't do it, but I'll defend other people's right to do it because it's their game.
>>
>>382502804
fifth post best post
>>
>>382502941
There is no difference, you technically had freedom of speech in communist Russia, its just you had to deal with the consequences.
>>
>>382505314
>concept of freedom of speech
>right to freedom of speech
Moving the goalposts now?
>>
>>382505531
>I am saying it's a popular phrase and you should stop pretending you made it up on the spot.

You're fucking mental. Seek help, dude.
>>
>>382505523
>How am I supposed to take this?

You're supposed to read the whole paragraph. I'll quote the whole thing since you didn't:
>That is, verbatim, a very common SJW argument used to justify violently bullying people who exercise their right to free speech. I was criticizing the use of this phrase. I was not implying that it actually applies to the idiot who gets banned from a video game.
And the important yet previously omitted part again:
>I was not implying that it actually applies to the idiot who gets banned from a video game.
>>
>>382502302
You accept a EULA when you sign up and play a game

Nothing you do can change that
>>
>>382504154
If you chuck a snowball at someone real hard, hit them in the face, you can be charged with misdemeanor assault. If they're not white and you call them a nigger while you do it, it's a hate crime.
Basically, the court system determines if something is or isn't free speech. Typically, you can call people whatever you want, unless you're right up in their face and shouting.
>>
>agree to abide by their rules to use service
>break rules
>get banned
>>
>>382504657
you sound very scared of the big tough sjws
>>
>>382505606
>semantics
The last resort of the retard.
>>
>>382505617

Okay, pretend I didn't include that link which proves me right, whatever.
>>
>>382505674
>>382505531

So your problem is not with what the guy said but how he worded it? Jesus, you know that "freedom from consequence" quote is older than your mum, right?
>>
>>382504764
ok but who doesn't love cocks? especially ones attached to hot girls
>>
>get thicker skin!
Is the person getting tilted and insulting people somehow not thin-skinned?
>>
>>382502302
yes. it's their online SERVERS. the issue here is that there are no other alternatives
>>
File: 200_s.gif (38KB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
38KB, 356x200px
>>382505093
you need to chill out my friendo
>>
>>382503446
well that's because drumpf is a hypocrite
>>
Yeah, just fucking shitpost about the SJW's and meanies who say mean things online and ignore the fucking CORPORATE ELEMENT and current political environment (which can be admittedly be somewhat blamed on one of the mentioned groups) that is the bigger problem here.
Go discuss this somewhere else and I don't mean this in a sense of
>lol go back to /pol/ you dumb nazi
I mean it in the sense that this board should be about vidya, not social or political topics.
>>
>>382505750
>semantics
>I should have to derive a meaning from your gobbledygook that is different from what is written
You should really stop blaming other people for your brain problems, you know?
>>
File: mouths.jpg (54KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
mouths.jpg
54KB, 500x375px
>EULAs for one-time purchases
>>
>>382505143
because no form of free speech ever existed until the US constitution?
>>
>>382505896
>"YOU FUCKING RETARD YOU SHOULD KILL YOURSELF YOU CUNTBAG FUCK YOU DUMBASSES"
>"fuck off buddy"
>"WOOOOOOOOW I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU JUST SAID THAT TO ME WHAT THE FUCK IS YOUR DEAL NIGGER"
It's better to just mute them.
>>
>>382506057
>Right to Censor does exist.

Yes. It always did. In this website even. If only we had mods to deal with /pol/ crap outside of /pol/.
>>
>>382503617
and those protestors were punished. what's your point?
>>
File: (you)sd.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
(you)sd.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>382506057
>>
File: free.jpg (54KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
free.jpg
54KB, 400x400px
>>382506057
>>
>>382506057
>people are still screeching over hillary
>>
>>382505572
Understandable, the developers, or publishers forcing the hand of the developers on the game therefore can choose to do as they wish.

>>382505486
As long as there is a mute that is all the action that is needed. Period. I use mute quite a bit in competitive game to be honest, I like to troll and shit talk and sometimes I get trolled and shit talked. The times it affects my game personally I just mute them, the other times I'm having fun.
>>
Video Games.
>>
>>382506057
Any competition for adults has a code of conduct. Videogames are normal now and you have to follow normal rules.
>>
>>382503490
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shouting_fire_in_a_crowded_theater

I love that you included that because it shows you HAVEN'T READ IT.

* The case was never about shouting fire in a public theater

* It was about the Government trying to crack down on someone for distributing Anti-War messages during WW1

* It was ruled perfectly legal. It's Legal to shout Fire in a public theater
>>
>>382506057
read the rules before posting
>>
>>382506375
video GAMES?
VIDEO GAMES?
AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH
HE.. HE- HE SAY VIDEO GAMES??!?! BWAH BWAH BWAH BWAH BWAH
OH LORD IM DYING HAAAAAAAAA VIDEO GAMES
>"Anonymous 07/01/17(Sat)23:10:44 No.382506375 â–¶ Video Games."
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>>>/vg/
Save yourself.
>>
File: 1486323626421.jpg (85KB, 640x635px) Image search: [Google]
1486323626421.jpg
85KB, 640x635px
>>382501838
>"cya"
>get banned
>>
Why have their been so many "freedom of speech" posts lately? As in, within the last month or two we've probably had more posts about this than in the past year, despite anti-flaming ToCs being a thing in online games since at least 2004. Who's responsible for these threads, and what are you trying to gain by posting them? Do you think if you scream hard enough the industry is going to go back on them? Because I guarantee you, they won't.
>>
File: 1466779951119.jpg (287KB, 1416x646px) Image search: [Google]
1466779951119.jpg
287KB, 1416x646px
post video games
>>
>>382506068
>One time purchase

That's not how it works
Every time you play online you're subject to adhere to the EULA
>>
What shit game is that?
There are easier ways to trigger people than being a obnoxious moron.

Sure I think he should be allowed to say whatever he wants but his language and speech clearly shows he is 13. There are way easier methods to trigger people if that is your goal. Saying nigger and faggots online does nothing. GG EZ on the other hand.
>>
>>382506618
You missed my post
>>
What game was this?
>>
File: DAANG.png (100KB, 330x260px) Image search: [Google]
DAANG.png
100KB, 330x260px
>>382506580
how do you miss 13 lines of text
>>
>>382506619
Hold the fuck up, Sonic+Warframe autism crossover?
>>
>>382505674
>>382504657
>>382503060
>this isnt applicable but im going to bring it up anyway
>>
>>382506374
>As long as there is a mute that is all the action that is needed.
No. If one of my teammates rages at another teammate, that can ruin the game for me too. I can't force the target to mute, and even if he does the rager is probably not playing his best anyway. The only reasonable to solution is to ban or permamute the ragers before they ruin games.
>>
>>382506605
Over the past couple of years, certain autistic people have taken it upon themselves to make daily reposts of certain threads, using the exact same opening text and images over and over. I suspect it may be the same person.
>>
File: Everybody's_super_Sonic_Racin'.jpg (542KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Everybody's_super_Sonic_Racin'.jpg
542KB, 1280x1024px
>>382506740
they were meant for each other
>>
>>382506660
>GG EZ on the other hand
not even bannable, i don't think
>>
>>382501838
>f******g c*****ds
>fuucking c?????ds
what's the second word?
>>
>>382503129
>ubisoft is the government
>private companies are obligated to continue providing you their service even when you dont comply with their terms of service that you agreed to
>>
>>382506423
>It's Legal to shout Fire in a public theater
It's not protected by the first amendment though.
>>
>>382501838
>Not allowing a private enterprise to institute its own rules completely in accordance with legality and business restrictions
Why don't modern /v/ posters respect the principle of the free market?
>>
File: 1490281942674.jpg (113KB, 700x650px) Image search: [Google]
1490281942674.jpg
113KB, 700x650px
>>382506875
I want to disagree but the shameful hundreds of hours I've put into grindframe has me agree.
>>
>>382506660
>>382506720
Judging by the fact that it's Ubisoft and online, I'm going to guess Rainbow Six: Siege
>>
>>382506889
>not even bannable, i don't think
Didn't stop Blizzard from censoring it or people trying to get it banned. GG EZ triggers way more people than whatever nonsense the retard in that OP picture typed.
>>
File: 1380061926557.jpg (239KB, 534x934px) Image search: [Google]
1380061926557.jpg
239KB, 534x934px
People support censorship because they feel like it gives them power.
People who attempt to enforce censorship only do so because they think it puts them in a position of authority over others.
There is no reason to support censorship from any level of intelligence over "Fucking idiot" because everyone who isn't a dickless idiot knows that offense and feelings are subjective.
>>
>>382506897
obviously cuuuuuuntds
>>
>>382506423
>it was ruled perfectly legal to shout fire in a public theater
This is an incomplete truth. For speech to be considered unlawful, it has to incite lawless action. Shouting "fire" is not illegal despite risks to others' safety, but if you incite lawlessness by doing so, then that is illegal.
>>
>>382506897
cowards
>>
>>382506605
>trying to rewrite gaming history

kill yourself redditor
>>
>>382507007
Was that not an April fools joke by Blizzard? I thought it was pretty funny.
>>
>>382501838

Wow, he said "faggot" and "shit" a couple times over a 2 hour period. Clearly ban worthy.
>>
File: CEASE.png (902KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
CEASE.png
902KB, 480x480px
>>382507102
jesus
cowards is a bad word now?
>>
>>382506948
Socialist liberals from Reddit.
>>
File: 1487192122464.jpg (136KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1487192122464.jpg
136KB, 640x480px
>someone harasses me
>they can because first amendment
>i shoot and kill them
>i can because second amendment
Truly the comfiest country.
>>
>>382504657
Let's say you have kids(impossible situation, but hey, think about it).
Then I come into your house.
I start yelling at your kids that I want to rape them and that your wife is a whore that should suck a dwarf's cock.

You "ban" me from your house, while I keep screaming "FREEDOM OF SPEECH WAAAAAAAAAAH MUH LIBERULS".

That's how you are right now, you tranny retarded nigger faggot.
>>
>>382507173
Nah blizzard are morons and caters to babbys. Everyone knows that. See sylvanas redesign.
>>
>>382506605
>Why have their been so many "freedom of speech" posts lately?
because some people can't go a fucking day without screaming slurs and being obnoxious crybabies, and now that those things are being called out more and more they feel their way of life is under attack and will do whatever it takes to justify themselves without ever having to change their behavior
>>
>>382504657
>violently
we got a live one folks
>>
>>382507220
Acting like a 13 year old child should be ban worthy. Not saying I agree with the ban but it is clear that the person who got banned is 13 or has a mind of a 13 year old.
>>
Can we all agree that /pol/ is a shithole and its retarded kiketrannies should be gassed?
>>
>>382506897
It was obviously fucking cuckolds nigga how can you browse 4chan and not immediately think of this
>>
>>382506994
>M-rated game with violence and killing people
>"Please no cursing in the game chat guys"
Are they really so fucking scared that some 8 year old who most likely knows all these curse words already and shouldn't even be playing in the first place is going to have his ears violated?
>>
>>382505531
they use the phrase incorrectly if what youre claiming is true, which is neither here nor there. he is using it correctly
>>
>>382507397
makes sense, but it's still confusing to cover the word up because I've never seen it covered up
>>
>>382506897
cuntlads
>>
>>382507045
People say offensive things because they feel like it gives them power.
People who attempt to harass others only do so because they think it makes them the winner and the other person the loser.
There is no reason to insult and harass others unless you have an inferiority complex because everyone who isn't a brainless drone knows that toxicity comes from insecurity and from not having consequences for your actions
>>
They can't pursue legal action against you calling people faggots online, but they can eject you from the service that they own because it's not a public right for you to use it, and you broke the contract you agreed to, so you have no legal ground against them. Just like you can be legally thrown out of a restaurant even after paying if you conduct yourself in a manner the staff deems unsuitable, like yelling at other patrons and calling them faggots.

It ain't your home that you invited everyone else into.
>>
File: im actally drunk.png (9KB, 903x547px) Image search: [Google]
im actally drunk.png
9KB, 903x547px
>>382507376
i would make a better one but im half asleep and drunk
>>
>>382507397

It also may have been coloreds, which would be even funnier considering these same jews use the phrase "people of color" as if it's different.
>>
>>382507265
>caters to babbys
Kinda. They cater to the largest audience.
>>
>>382501838
Savage. I wish more developers would ban autistic shits who think unironically acting like a 12 year old online is fine.
>>
>>382501838
This isn't about free speech or not. It's about the fact that people are such fucking pussies that they can't handle mild insults. Just ignore them or in the case of the dev mute their chat, don't outright ban them for fucks sakes.
>>
>>382507243
I know you were fishing for guaranteed replies, but Canada is actually trying to amend provisions that will allow duels to be legal again. Canada will literally become the country of "talk shit, get hit."
>>
>>382501838
>Ubisoft
Well there's your problem.
>>
>>382505929
Well boo hoo. Video games are a luxury, not a necessity. Their servers, their rules. If you don't like it, play games where you can host your own server, or make your own game where you're allowed to call people nigger faggots.
>>
File: why.png (115KB, 263x212px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
115KB, 263x212px
>tfw haven't said or typed anything in an online game in 8 years because I can lose my account for something I say

Why do you think people only sit in skype/discord/party chat

Fuck liberals and fuck " community "
>>
>>382507220
No, he called other people faggots repeatedly. And it literally says you can't do that in the EULA.
This thread is not about whether or not the ban was 'worthy,' because even OP would agree that it is. The thread is about the expectations that game developers have of their players.
>>
>>382507759
Man there are gonna be some imba duels nowadays.
>>
>>382507730
Pretty much, either that or just let everyone make their own servers for this shit so they don't have to give a shit about what ubisoft wants.

But of course they won't do that, because ubisoft
>>
File: 1498428615653.jpg (50KB, 355x411px) Image search: [Google]
1498428615653.jpg
50KB, 355x411px
>>382501838
>instead of being intellectual and responding in a sophisticated manner would instead shout vulgar slurs at allies for not doing things the way he wants them to be

Deserved it.
>>
>>382507787
If everything you say makes you walk on eggshells for fear of being banned in every game maybe it's you that's that problem.
>>
>>382507801
this is why you lost, libtard

stop putting words in other people's mouths

nobody should lose access to a game they paid for for saying words. there should literally be laws against this retardation.
>>
>>382507776
are you challenged or are you mocking me?
because that's what i'm saying.

not the other play another game part, tho. people should play a game however they want, but kikes not providing private servers works against this
>>
>>382507759
As long as someone realizes that it's the truth I don't care about replies.

Besides I've gathered almost 30 (you)'s so eh
>>
I don't understand what's so hard to understand about this. The game is the companies private property, you bought a license and agreed to the terms in order to use it. If you break those terms your license is revoked/suspended. But on the flip side, if you do not like the way a company conducts itself you can choose not to participate. Do not buy their game or support them in anyway. If you go to a restaurant and begin shouting obscenities and they kick you out you can choose to not support them and go to an establishment where you can say whatever you want. There are a million clones in the video game industry. You can't call people names in LOL but you can in DOTA, play DOTA instead if lax moderation means that much to you.
>>
>>382507639
Most companies do have rules against, but the degree of enforcement varies, depending on their automated processes for reporting, the amount of customer service reps they have, and game population. (Higher pop = more reports = takes more time to institute a ban if your internal policy is to manually vet every ban.)
>>
>>382507759
>Canada will literally become the country of "talk shit, get hit.
In the USA, many states have a "fighting words" clause in their legislation. Basically it says that if you are verbally harassing someone and are within that person's personal space, they aren't breaking the law if they strike you or push you away.
>>
File: 1326060307423.jpg (147KB, 1074x925px) Image search: [Google]
1326060307423.jpg
147KB, 1074x925px
I remember every fucking game on the god damn planet since the year 1 AD had a fucking mute feature so you can just tone out people screaming and yelling at you.
Is it so hard to go to the player list and press mute? The only reason any of these shit talkers gets reported is because some pseudo-intellectual normalfag shit fuck decided he was going to "Put this gosh darn dirty troll in their place" and couldn't handle the banter either way.
>>
>>382507787
liberals =/= leftists

You should know by now my underaged friend.
>>
File: 1491596876082.webm (396KB, 622x742px) Image search: [Google]
1491596876082.webm
396KB, 622x742px
>>382507892
>I agree with censorship
>>
you're free to scream as many slurs at people as you like

and they're free to kick your ass out

i don't know why you think it should work differently in a video game, but it doesn't, sorry
>>
>>382507892
>be me
>play Fortress forever in 2010
>curse on mic chat
>get banned because "family server"
And of course there are reports of day of defeat servers banning you for saying "god"
>>
>>382507460
theyre concerned about their customers being harassed. he must have been reported, so someone must have felt harassed by him acting like a cunt
>>
>>382507787
>fuck liberals
>being against a company's right to conduct business in a manner that they see fit
I think you're the liberal, you socialist fuck. Cry more about how gays can't shop at your local bakery.
>>
>>382507923
If there were any sensible laws against retardation, you'd have been euthanized before you turned twelve
>>
>>382508049
>pay 60bux for game
>make account for it
>say mean things
>get banned
I bet if DVD/bluray movies pretty much shredded themselves for having too many people watching it, you'd be for that too
>>
>>382508179
>>382507923
fuck off >>>/pol/
PISS OFF >>>/pol/
>>
>>382508049
just mute me faggot
>>
>>382508106
it's still dumb
>>
>>382508232
nice hyperbole dumbfuck, use it in your ban appeal
>>
>>382507978
I hate that people use the word "banter" as a catch all for any chat that isn't necessarily friendly. There's a pretty big difference between banter and harassment.
>>
>>382507923
You honestly believe that the government, which is beholden to corporate interests, would create laws against a company's rights to enforce rules in their private businesses? Are you even of a fucking age that's old enough to vote or are you just stupid?
>>
>>382507234
then why are all the pro-OP posts ITT screaming "SJWs did this"?
>>
>>382507923
>I hate libshits but just like the libshits I want laws regulating video games.
Way to be a retard without any sort of principles. Just ignore the fact that going down this path will inevitably bite backfire in the future.
>>
>>382507923
>buying software
>using their severs
>harassing other users
it's bullshit, but that's the way it is
>>
>>382508416
It's still bullshit
>>
>>382502712

You're thinking of the First Amendment, which states that the government cannot violate freedom of speech. "Free Speech" is a concept that existed before the constitution and will exist after America is gone. The 1st amendment does not define freedom of speech any more than it defines "abridged"

This developer has violated freedom of speech. There is no legal precedent saying they can't. Of course they can ban you for saying "faggot" in their game and act all smug about it. But the point stands: this is anti free speech.

The real issue here is that we no longer own games we buy. We simply purchase a non-refundable privilege to play a game, which can be revoked at any time, and everyone just goes along with it because we are lazy and complacent.
>>
File: 174.png (309KB, 427x377px) Image search: [Google]
174.png
309KB, 427x377px
>tfw former admin on now dead TF2 server
>use to kick players for even mentioning or insulting me
>got away with it because was server developer
>players would come back and exclaim they would report me
>help them out by ip/banning them
Did that on several Gmod servers as well. It was pretty fun.
>>
>>382507045
they arent censoring him, theyre just revoking access to their platform that he has used to harass members of their userbase
>>
>>382502941
This is an absolutely retarded argument.
>you can technically say whatever you want but the government will kill you for it
You're like the guys who said "but gays can get married! (to people of the opposite sex)"
>>
>>382505248
It's not about whether or not they have the right to do it, fucktard. It's about whether or not it is preferable or not.

pedantic moron
>>
>>382507923
Go to a movie in a theater, a gym, or a game of paintball and start cussing people out and hurling racist slurs around. They'll all throw your ass out and possibly ban you from the premises despite the fact that you paid for entry. Why do you expect an online game to be different?
>>
>>382502302
>Agree upon following the rules and accept that there will be consequences for breaking the rules. The rules are clearly stipulated.
>breaks rules and suffers the consequences for it, as it was agreed
>"wtf why am I being punished"
Why are people this fucking retarded?
>>
Because they don't have to you dunce
>>
>>382508607
>he thinks the internet is his safe space where he can be retarded and no one will care
loling @ ur lyfe
>>
File: 3737029.png (73KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
3737029.png
73KB, 500x365px
>>382508115
Stop being a whiny little bitch kid. You don't even know what you're talking about
>>
>>382508607
Everything that involves other people is real life you dumbass.
>>
>>382508337
>There's a pretty big difference between banter and harassment.

Elaborate.
>>
>>382508607
>>online games are real life
The premise is the same

>hey anon you can come on my property but don't say racist shit
>nigger
>anon get off my property

>hey anon you can come to my server but you can't say racist things
>nigger
>b&
>>
File: Bird-long-neck-swiggity-swooty.gif (2MB, 488x291px) Image search: [Google]
Bird-long-neck-swiggity-swooty.gif
2MB, 488x291px
>>382502941
Nice use of semantics, but it's entirely meaningless and it contributes nothing at all to the solution. You're basically re-defining and complicating a problem that is quite simple by itself to understand: express your negative feelings about other people and you shall be punished, because the social justice ideology is that no one should take offense by anyone nor anything. You have no freedom of speech because you can't express your thoughts without experiencing severe consequences, and thus you are *forced* into "choosing" to keep your mouth shut, as avoiding those consequences is something you obviously look forward to.
>>
>>382501838
>freedom of speech
Yes, you're free to say whatever you want. But saying shit in someone's shop is liable to get you thrown out. Same with in a company's game if they do not approve.
>>
>>382508681
>>382508696
>>382508779

so is Right to Censor just one guy? or is there a whole group of you faggots in an IRC?

can i join?
>>
>>382503441
>implying that if you just start insulting and berating people in an oil rig or fishing boat they won't beat the shit out of you and that they won't fire you if you don't stop
>>
>>382508846
>right to censor
its not a right to censor, its a right to property

Its my property
its my rules
you can use my property
but you have to follow my rules

don't like it? get off my property
>>
>>382508486
like it or not, that is what censorship is
I will say that there are sensible limitations to free speech but i'm against people revoking access to a game for mean words, especially if there are alternate methods to resolve it (like a communications ban or encouraging the mute function etc)
>>
>>382508458
>The real issue here is that we no longer own games we buy. We simply purchase a non-refundable privilege to play a game, which can be revoked at any time, and everyone just goes along with it because we are lazy and complacent.
We go along with it because not enough people will be affected by that to the point of dissuading them from buying games in the first place. Also, the right to revoke privilege needs to exist if you ever want any online game to be protected from botters and scripters.
>>
>>382508831
>pay money for M-rated game
>get locked out of playing it for M-rated language
Might as well get locked out of watching a DVD for a long period of time because your room is not clean enough
>>
>>382508349
Because they're fucking stupid. They're equating the SJWs they've seen in youtube videos rallying against freedom of speech in public spaces with also being responsible for game developers enforcing rules against speaking freely, but these things are not equal and they're not done for equal reasons. A company has a legal right to regulate how people in their private domain act--think "No shirt, no shoes, no service."

And the reason they do it isn't necessarily because of SJWs getting their fee-fees hurt, but because communities that are more inclusive lead to higher revenues. And a company has an absolute right to do what they want to secure more money, provided they're not breaking any laws.
>>
File: 1489344174639.jpg (39KB, 598x749px) Image search: [Google]
1489344174639.jpg
39KB, 598x749px
>>382508880
>>382508915
JUST MUTE MEFAGGOT
>>
>>382508773
You don't have to read the entire of the ToS to understand that upon making an account you agree to follow very simple rules and that you will be punished for breaking them.
>>
>>382508923
>that is what censorship is
That's not directly censoring a person. You aren't stopping them from saying those things at all. You're just stopping them from saying those things in your game.
>>
>>382508607
>making exams "optional"

Good luck to any poor employer who hires from the class of 2016
>>
>>382508915
I've been following these threads for a while and in every one there is a clear outside force (Right to Censor) trying to influence the direction of discussion and the opinion takeaways that people will have.

Stop pretending, loser.
>>
>>382508831
He's right you know
>>
>>382508960
no, get off my property
>>
>>382508950
I didn't say it made sense, friend. Fact is, Developers are retarded. Haven't checked thread, but the Friday the 13th bullshit is a prime example that literally just happened.
>>
>terms of service say don't be a shithead
>be a shithead
They made the game, they pay for the servers, they dictate what you can and cannot say on them. Also, most games have some sort of warning/multiple warning system long before you actually get perma'd from said game so you have to be a troglodyte with zero self control if you can't manage to just stop typing after you get the last warning.
>>
>>382508735
Banter: the playful and friendly exchange of teasing remarks.
example: Maybe aim for my head next time, champ

Harassment: aggressive pressure or intimidation.
example: fuck you you stupid bitch, suck my cock because you're obviously a huge faggot.
>>
>>382509047
no
>>
>>382509039
>right to censor
I'm not censoring shit, you're free to yell Nigger in your house all you want
>>
File: 1418621711278.jpg (22KB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
1418621711278.jpg
22KB, 600x336px
>>382508337
You can just mute them. It's "Banter" because you sit there and let them shit on you.
>>
>>382509063
>the Friday the 13th bullshit
dear god, what happened with that if I should ask?
>>
>>382509093
*kicked*
>>
Isn't OP asking why they're so sensitive? Not why they're banning him but why the code of conduct has gotten so strict lately. Not just in games but everywhere. You're basically blacklisted if you say anything even moderately offensive. It's pathetic. Obviously if you're breaking rules then you can be punished but why are the makers of the rules catering to simpering faggots more than ever?
>>
File: 1473452195523.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1473452195523.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
OH IM SORRY
IS THIS AMERICA
THIS MEXICO OR SOMETHING
IM SORRY, I THOUGH THIS WAS AMERICA
>>
>>382509086
harassment is actually extended periods of directed abuse

banter and trash talk are the same thing and given how most games last for less than 10-20 minutes, there's no actual room for harassment- and there's muting tools built into every game nowadays

most gamers agree that banning people for words is an overstep
>>
>>382507787
>>382501838
Someone should post the screencap of someguy getting banned in TOR for whispering his friend.
>>
>>382509165
Let's put it to a vote hm? Oh look at that not enough votes, guess I get to stay
>>
>>382508607
I don't know why people in this thread keep saying, "YOU LOST" and posting Trump pictures when Trump is exactly the type of person who advocates for the right of businesses over consumers. Are you all trying to be ironic or are you just stupid?
>>
>>382509124
And you can just not be a complete dickhead.
When you make an account, you agree to follow a simple and very clear set of rules. You also agree that if you break the rules, you will be subject to the corresponding punishment.
It is just this simple.
If you break a rule, you suffer the consequences for said rule breaking. You MUST have agreed to this in order to play the game.
>>
>>382508471
>>382509124
OR, the devs could save everyone time by getting rid of the necessity of muting them by banning them. seems easy enough, its right there in the EULA, anyway
>>
>>382509224
There are no votes, I'm the admin

*kick*
>>
File: 1498767210955.gif (363KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1498767210955.gif
363KB, 320x240px
>>382501838
>if you play this game you agree to no bully
"ok"
>bullies
>gets in trouble
>cries about freedom of speech being violated
>>
>>382509230
Trump sues people who insult him. Of all people who can't handle banter, he is the king. The president, even.
He is a great sport at dishing out, but he can't take it for shit.
Much like the average anon on /v/
>>
>>382509039
>trying to influence the direction of discussion and the opinion takeaways that people will have.

Wow, so you mean they're participating in a debate?

Alternatively:
>everyone who disagrees with me is a paid shill!
>>
>>382509292
And that would be the problem
>>
>>382509279
wow a single click was so hard to mute!! wowza!

what happened to personal responsibility on the internet? it's like there's a conspiracy to engineer people to be more infantile and less rugged
>>
>>382509339
Theres no problem, its my server, my rules faggot

go play on another server
>>
>>382508735
Banter is two parties engaging in mutual shit-talking, at least in the typical online usage of the word. A group of friends telling increasingly rude 'you momma' jokes to each other and laughing at them is banter.

Harassment is contacting/threatening/humiliating someone that doesn't want or deserve it. If you call someone a faggot, get blocked by them, and whisper them on a different character to keep calling them a faggot, you're harassing them.
>>
>>382509239
Or you can just mute them.
>>
>>382502302
You really need to learn the difference between a private company and your public rights. When you use a service from a company, you abide by their terms of service. If Twitter or Facebook or Steam wants to ban you for your behaviour, they have every right because it is a private service, not a PUBLIC FORUM. You children need to learn what your rights and what their limitations are.
>>
File: goontrash.png (461KB, 1561x1630px) Image search: [Google]
goontrash.png
461KB, 1561x1630px
>>382509331
I like how you left out the "outside force" part.

Back to SA you pathetic neofag goon nigger loser.
>>
>>382509370
Must have joined jigglys funhouse
>>
>>382509279
>>382509124
>>382508337
>>382507978
Why even have a chat program that people can abuse? If you want a safespace, then make a damn safespace.
>>
>>382501838
Holy shit what a fucking softie. No wonder we are taking over and replacing you guys.
>>
>>382509431
I agree with their rules, I don't agree with tattle tales
>>
>>382508502
in what way is the government involved in this?
>>
>>382509143
>Guy gets into a game with 2 girls and a squeaker
>Comments on the squeaker sounding like a girl
>Insults start getting thrown
>2 girls side with the howling midget saying said guy is a bully
>They gang up with kid (who is Jason) and murder the fuck out of him
>More insults thrown in both directions
>One of the girls says "I know the Developers and I'm gonna get you banned!"
>More insults, guy dies
>He checks the cunt's Steam page
>Community Manager for Turtle Rock Studios (The guys who made Evolve)
>Fast forward a day
>He's banned
>Around the same time, the Friday guys post this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/F13thegame/comments/6kar7t/specific_bannable_offenses_and_ingame_guidelines/
>No hacking
>No threatening to hurt, rape, or force sexual acts unto others in-game as anyone, even Jason
>No racism or discrimination of any kind
>No killing other Counselors and being Jason's ass-slave (I'm surprised they didn't just turn off team-killing)
>No deliberately abusing exploits to gain unfair advantages and the like
>Do not impersonate us
>Do not report people just cause you don't like them
>>
>>382508987
which is, still (in my opinion), a form of censorship
one could argue that getting your speech at some university cancelled because the topic was too controversial is considered censorship, even if they could go out into the public and still give the speech
and for a more extreme case, you could argue that even if it was illegal to say something in public would be considered censorship, even if you're not stopping them from saying things at all, just stopping them from saying those things in public
>>
>>382509428
Yes.
But that doesn't change the fact that the person broke his agreement with the company and opened themselves to punishment. They literally brought it upon themselves.
If you some sort of monkey with 0 control of yourself and you can't help but chimp out, then just go live in your cage and play with your banana.
>>
>>382509124
The onus isn't on the receiving user's end, it's on you not to talk shit to others. No terms of service you agree to when you create an account or install a client to play an online game include a clause that reads:

"Limits of use / Prohibited conduct:
The user acknowledges that online interactions may include transmission of comments including, but not limited to racist, sexist, obscene, inciting, or otherwise insulting language directed towards them. The user is advised to suck it the fuck up and mute the other user if they feel offended."
>>
>>382509594
>its censoring
no one is stopping you from yelling nigger in your own house you dumb fuck
>>
>>382509532
Who is we and who is you guys?
>>
>>382509620
Because a company isn't going to take that liability
>>
>>382509647
>on my own server yelling nigger
>guy reports me on reddit
>banned
>>
>>382509647
i never said it wasn't you dingus
>>
File: 0DMDeUQ.gif (1MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
0DMDeUQ.gif
1MB, 600x338px
>chat client censors words
>still bans for cursing

What's the point of censoring curses then?
>>
>>382509212
I think you're just selectively defining those phrases to fit your point. I ripped my definition off google, and the first sentence of the wikipedia entry on it is "harassment covers a wide range of behaviors of an offensive nature."
I don't agree that banter is the same thing as trash talk. Or more accurately, I don't think all trash talk is the same as banter. Banter is explicitly light-hearted and playful. There's not a lot of room for interpretation. Trash talk and Harassment are much broader.
I do agree that banning people for words is an overstep. The mute function exists for a reason. I don't think OP has a leg to stand on if he or anyone thinks his ban is unjustified, though. The report function also exists for a reason, and it's because the developers don't want someone like OP playing their game.
>>
>>382509732
Clearly it does, you have a problem with others not putting up with your stupid shit and you shouldn't be banned for breaking their rules
>>
>>382509763
Ah Runescape
>>
>>382509329
Right? And yet people are over here acting like somehow Trump is going to make online games great again by allowing people to say whatever the fuck they want. It's ridiculous.
>>
>>382509594
I disagree. Kicking people out for what they say is protection of property. You are not limiting what they can say, but where they can say it. This is a private property owner's choice. This also differs from laws stating you can't say stuff (which never say "you can say it in private") because it's not limiting where you can say it, but limiting what you can say in an average setting. There are no distinctions between public and private property to right of free speech.
>>
>>382501838
In most cases devs/publishers are just scared little cuckbois afraid of any bad press whatsoever. Especially in such a social media driven age, they see 200 users online with dyed hair and thick glasses profile pics complaining about their problematic approaches and want to get out ahead of it. Of course, these people don't buy nor play games, but they're too dumb to notice.
>>
>>382509782
MUTE
>no
That's your problem then
>>
File: 1402516739907.jpg (723KB, 1424x2144px) Image search: [Google]
1402516739907.jpg
723KB, 1424x2144px
>>382509618
I just mute the chimp outs.
>>
>>382509868
>just mute me
I don't care I'll just kick you regardless
>>
>>382509868
>its your problem I can't handle myself without yelling nigger like no tomorrow

You're right, I handle this appropriately by kicking you off my server
>>
>>382501919
>confusing free speech with totalitarianism

You cant say what you want because that doesn't fit the established social image and rules. Just send me to the gulag now and be done with it you fucking commies.
>>
>>382509763
Making sure that the 8 year olds who's parents bought an M-rated game for them don't learn any bad words, despite a good amount of the voice acting probably being vulgar
>>
>>382502834

This is an important point even though it's not what OP's post is about. It's a crock of shit that employers/business owners/individuals are not allowed to be discriminatory in any way they see fit. The government should not be allowed to be racist/sexist/whatever but a private individual or business should have every right to offer or not offer their goods/services for any reason even if the reason is just that they're a racist asshole or they don't feel like it or literally anything. That is 100% their right.
>>
>>382509717
>banned from your own server
i bet youd be dumb enough for that to be possible, really
>>
>>382509770
you do understand that google and wikipedia are both run by far left hillary voting snowflakes, right? so their definitions are not reliable for a debate such as this.
>>
>>382509589
>do not report people just cause you don't like them
what if I just don't like them because they broke the other rules
>>
>>382509969
You do realize anyone can register as a user and change wikipedia if they can cite sources right?
>>
>>382509953
Yeah because it's not like you can be banned from the entire game right you fucking trollz0r
>>
>>382509980
Then you report them for breaking the other rules and not because you dislike them for breaking the other rules.
>>
>>382509853
gamers are also too dumb to know to not buy games from people that do business practices they dont like because they're mostly kids
>>
>>382510024
maybe you shouldn't be breaking that EULA you agreed to
>>
>>382509710
Exactly right. If you recognize it's a liability, then you recognize that the company has a vested interest in preventing that type of behavior. So again, it is not up to others to mute someone who is being abusive, but rather it is up to each individual user to agree that they will not be abusive to others.
>>
File: aussie.png (9KB, 258x324px) Image search: [Google]
aussie.png
9KB, 258x324px
>>382510028
What if I don't like you AND you're breaking the rules
>>
>>382509969
>wikipedia
It was never reliable, its a breeding ground for delusional idiots that think if they change wiki enough it will change reality or something
>>
>>382509919
Then you're a fascist who goes to extremes for non issues and are a bitch
>>
>>382509178
It's pretty simple. Video games are a multi-billion dollar industry now. Companies that run online games want their communities to be friendly and accessible so as to appeal to as wide an audience as possible. Lots of people are turned off by vicious trash talk and slurs. If a toxic community drives them away, that's fewer people paying subscriptions or buying in-game items i.e. less profit for the company It isn't SJWs that are responsible for stricter conduct rules, it's capitalism.
>>
>>382507262
This is undoubtedly the worst analogy I have ever seen in my entire goddamn life. And maybe the worst post in this shitty thread.
>>
>>382508950
>pay money for "get called a faggot by a crying child simulator"
>get kicked for being a crying child and calling people faggots
that is the time at which youll have a point to make
>>
>>382510116
Then dislike them, but do not report them for this reason, report them for broken rules.
>>
>>382510140
>I'm a fascist because I don't like you
>>
>>382509969
Tell me your preferred source of dictionary, we'll go with that one from now on, yeah?
And the point was that you or the person I replied to was using a broad definition of banter and a specific definition of harassment to fit their narrative.
>>
>>382510176
>because I refuse to ignore you
give me a break kid
>>
>>382510151
>pay money for shootan' game
>get kicked for shootan'
This is what your post sounds like
>>
>>382510253
>just ignore my vitriole
No, I don't have to, its my server, get off it
*banned*
>>
>>382510316
>2/16 players
>1/16 players
>>
>>382510382
finally some god damn peace and quiet
>>
This entire thread is a bunch of hooting and hollering over something that will never change. EULAs have existed since fucking Everquest. This thread is stupid, you're stupid, I'm stupid for being here trying to explain this shit to you. Everyone in here is a fucking snowflake crying because they can't say "nigger faggot" in a video game. /v/ has become a goddamned safe space for you idiots.
>>
>>382510007
you do understand that kotaku is listed as a reliable source on the gamergate article, right? mong
>>
>another /v/ agrees with shitty devs because le fuck drumpf thread
>>
>>382510382
>everyone is yelling nigger
Nope, all my servers are full because they enjoy my servers because there are no fucking spergs sperging out all over
>>
>>382510253
You are allowed to kick people off your private property without having to give any justifications. Forget not wanting to ignore you, you could be 100% silent and they would still have the right to ban you from the server if they own it.
>>
>>382509359
>wow not being a dick is SOOO hard

>>382509529
>wow why even have a language if i cant call people niggers and faggots constantly
>>
>>382510405
You're that autistic you just sit in a server by yourself lol
>>
>>382510440
Because anyone can cite virtually anything. Go register an account and change it if you don't like it
>>
>>382510457
Doesn't make them not a homo nazi admin tho
>>
File: fem.jpg (157KB, 1536x1025px) Image search: [Google]
fem.jpg
157KB, 1536x1025px
>>382510472
>just dont be a dick!!!

where have i heard this one before

and i'd rather be a dick than a pussy like you
>>
you just have to adapt.

The most "toxic" shit nigger tier players to interact with are ones who don't curse or use profanity, and they insult and act like shitheads, but they dont use profanity, so to the enlightened, they are right.
>>
>>382501838
Posting this again. Get over it
>>
>>382509951
>That is 100% their right.
Not in America, according to the constitution
>>
>>382510536
>you're a homo nazi admin because you won't let me yell nigger
>>
>>382501838
>harrass other customers
>shit up the whole place
>Wh wh wh why are you banning me?
>>
>>382510486
you literally have no idea how wikipedia works
>>
remember when /v/ werent a bunch of triggered feminists over words
>>
>>382509782
i have a problem with others refusing to ignore me or use features actually in the game that allows them to ignore me
I wouldn't be mad if those rules existed and I broke them, I disagree with them even putting in those rules when alternatives exist

>>382509849
I don't disagree that it is fully their right to kick them out to protect their property
But I also think that location and setting is important in speech, and denying someone the right to talk in a certain area is, in my probably fucked up head, a form of censorship and inhibits the right to free speech.
I'm not saying its wrong to do so, but it is censorship
>>
>>382501838
>OP attempts to talk about censorship in the industry
>can't articulate his point properly
>mentions "freedom of speech"
>several loser pedants derail the thread
And that doesn't even cover all of the shitty arguments being made by what must be literal retards. Congrats, this is the worst thread on /v/ right now.
>>
>>382510616
>you're wrong because I'm a huge flaming moron who won't go edit a wiki page
>>
>>382510478
I wasn't the person you were screeching with, I just wanted to shut you both up
>>
File: 1496956600246.png (8KB, 473x500px) Image search: [Google]
1496956600246.png
8KB, 473x500px
>ITT: Drumpflings whine about "MUH FREEZE PEACH"

oh sweetie, dont you know that us liberals control your silly little kids games now? if you even dare to express yourself in anything approaching a masculine (or "toxic" as we've rebranded it) manner, we will ban you and there's nothing you can do about it! Even if you pay!

Now who's the cuck? ;)
>>
File: 1495660707453.gif (457KB, 180x166px) Image search: [Google]
1495660707453.gif
457KB, 180x166px
>>382510603
I'm glad you've seen the error of your ways
>>
>>382510654
See you tomorrow for the exact same thread!
>>
>>382510650
>i have a problem with others refusing to ignore me
I can ignore you by kicking you off my server

I don't have to let you on my server when you're breaking my rules you agreed to all because "well just ignore it"
>>
>>382501838
Freedom of speech doesn't apply to online communities, cockbreath.
>>
>>382510542
You're misunderstanding. It's not "just don't be a dick," it's "if you cannot help but be a dick, you will face the consequences of that behavior, which you agreed to."
>>
>>382510654
OP wasn't "articulating" any point, he was merely asking a question
>>
File: 1468121842712.png (478KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1468121842712.png
478KB, 600x600px
>go to the movies
>some 12-year-old is screaming "faggot nigger" from the top of his lungs
>gets dragged out by security
>cries like a little bitch
WOW MAN I THOUGHT WE HAD FREEDOM OF SPEECH MAN WOW MAN WEAK MAN WEAK
>>
>>382510593
The constitution guarantees freedom of speech, not freedom of location of speech. Unless you manage to camp out for several weeks/months without the Private Property owner making claim to it, they can just throw you out at a moment's notice for any reason, legally.
>>
>>382510290
i mean thats when he can complain about the OPs behavior being banned, because only in that case does it not make sense as a bannable offense
>>
>>382508331
>me in the middle
>>
File: artie2.jpg (50KB, 450x333px) Image search: [Google]
artie2.jpg
50KB, 450x333px
i see the 3rd world niggers who don't know english are at it again
>>
>>382510549
I say "gg ez" after every single match of every single game be it team based or 1v1 and regardless of how it went and one person always gets mad over it. Its never me. You all just need to stop speaking like teenagers and then you can say whatever you want.
>>
>>382510761
They don't want him to startle the falcons.
>>
>>382503014
Dumb frogposter.
>>
File: 1492436647489.jpg (113KB, 1152x449px) Image search: [Google]
1492436647489.jpg
113KB, 1152x449px
>>382510741
cool semantics neofaggot
>>
>>382502712
>Freedom of speech means the government can't punish you for something you said.

So, if private companies were able to make sure you had no ability to have any platform to enact speech, it'd be OK?

So you'd be OK with a company being able to take away or disable every single privately owned gun in the country as long as it's not the government doing it?
>>
>>382510757
That's true. But either way, OP could've communicated his question better. And it doesn't change how dumb the reaction was.
>>
>go to a restaurant
>start being an idiot
>go up to a black family and call dad a nigger
>scream "you are all fags"
>manager comes
>visibly angry
>get kicked out
>ban from ever coming back
>h h h h hey what about my freedom of speech

You people are fucking idiots. It's a private business and you a lot of you retards don't understand what freedom of speech is.
>>
>>382510815
>You need to stop speaking like teenagers
>Unironically uses a childish phrase like "gg ez"
Endless keks.
Not that Anon you were talking to, just pointing out you're mentally damaged.
>>
File: 14.jpg (169KB, 1024x1020px) Image search: [Google]
14.jpg
169KB, 1024x1020px
>>382502302
It doesn't apply to online communities.
>>
>>382510890
>So, if private companies were able to make sure you had no ability to have any platform to enact speech, it'd be OK?
name one instance where this beyond-the-scope-hyper-extreme paradigm ever exists
>>
>>382510890
>So you'd be OK with a company being able to take away or disable every single privately owned gun in the country as long as it's not the government doing it?
when has this ever happened?
>>
>>382510883
>oldschool
>2006
I swear to god these fucking ebaumsworld faggots overrunning our board. FUCKING DO SOMETHING SNACKS
>>
>>382502941

You have the freedom to be gay in Iran or Saudi Arabia, you just don't have freedom from the consequences.
>>
>>382510883
>i cant distinguish between two clearly articulated concepts, therefore its semantics and i dont have to make a counterpoint
>>
>>382510709
>this will likely be posted again
>the arguments will all probably be the same
Fucking kill me now.
>>
File: cd.png (43KB, 631x1314px) Image search: [Google]
cd.png
43KB, 631x1314px
>c*****ds

what?
>>
File: 14756532877.png (224KB, 1200x3075px) Image search: [Google]
14756532877.png
224KB, 1200x3075px
>pro freedom of speech posters
>old /v/, enjoy bantz, likely voted /ourguy/ Trump

>anti freedom of speech posters
>nu-anons from reddit and neofag, extremely buttsore after gamergate won on November 8th

Prove me wrong you literally cant
>>
>>382510650
The expectation of the EULA or ToS or whatever is that you will not insult or harass someone even a single time, and if you do, you are at the mercy of the administrator as to what the punishment will be. Yeah, the person you call a faggot can just mute you, and they should. But the company doesn't want you to go around making people mute you, because if they have to mute everyone, they'll eventually just grow to dislike the game, and the company wants that customer. So pretty much every time you call someone a faggot, you're risking being punished for it. It's just that most of the people you do that to won't get upset enough to report you.
>>
Let's see, devs have a choice of who they want to cater to. Is it:

A) Friendly people who want to play the game and have a good time.
B) Miserable assholes who think they have an inalienable right to be a shithead to everyone.

Hmmm...hard choice.
>>
>>382510928
Look at this exemplary example of superior white genetics. What a goddamn Adonis. How can other races even compete?
>>
File: 1495733996838.png (506KB, 1791x1409px) Image search: [Google]
1495733996838.png
506KB, 1791x1409px
>>382510914
>go to a restaurant
>making jokes in private to friends at table
>whisper "you are all fags"
>angry beta male listening in reports this to manager
>get kicked out
>ban from ever coming back
>we did it reddit
>>
>>382511004
they're the same thing retard, you committed a semantic fallacy

why am i even bothering replying to braindead leftists
>>
>>382511039

cuckolds?
>>
>>382510769
My reply was about the rights of a business to be discriminatory, which are not protected by the US constitution.
>>
>>382511051
see
>>382509230
>>382509329

back to r/the donald
>>
Hey usfags, how is knowing that after 25 years you finally became your own worst enemy?
>>
>>382504114
>Neogaf and reddit was main web for developers these day.
Could you repeat that in English?
>>
File: shareblue raiding on discord.png (115KB, 1281x562px) Image search: [Google]
shareblue raiding on discord.png
115KB, 1281x562px
>>382511151
hi shareblue 8 years
>>
>>382511051
>underage, unemployed, entitled millenial who thinks he can dictate how a business conducts its operations if he cries loud enough
Glad we know which one you are, faggot.
>>
>>382510410
Motherfucker this dumb gay bullshit niggery has not been that common. You are motherfucking kidding yourself if you think you used to get banned for calling people niggerfaggots years ago. This is just another example of pathetic nu-males and the people who like to be apologists for them on /v/.
>>
File: 1468586481623.jpg (31KB, 590x578px) Image search: [Google]
1468586481623.jpg
31KB, 590x578px
>>382511051
Nobody's trying to infringe on your right to act like a turbovirgin anon. Just do it somewhere where people are ok with it, like 4chan. I don't come to your third world hovel to make fun of you for never having seen a vagina and expect you not to try to throw me out with your gangly spaghetti arms, do I?
>>
>>382510973
>>382510939

>what is a hypothetical
>>
>>382510914
>>go up to a black family and call dad a nigger
good one
>>
Reddit is not a government website.

4chan is though. This thing is a honeypot
>>
>>382511186
yes, return in 8 years when you can legally post
>>
>>382511269
a honey pot for fucking what?
>>
>>382510914
>>Comparing words on a screen to getting in someone's face in public.
Full fucking retard right here.
>>
>>382505167
The point is that if you talk shit, you get hit. Now go cry about it somewhere else.
>>
>>382511126
No, they're not the same thing. One is "you should be nice because it's the right thing to do!" and the other is "if you want to play this game, you should respect the rules established by its creators, even if that includes being nice."
>>
>be in school
>teacher starts talking about some gay shit
>stand up and start screeching
>"NIGGERS NIGGERS NIGGERS WE NEED TO GAS ALL THE FAGGOT NIGGERS"
>get sent to principal's office
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
>>
>>382510761
>active competition is the same as attending the theatre
Completely different environments. Regardless of how you feel, your analogy was fucking atrocious. It also has nothing to do with the topic at hand.
>>
File: 76.jpg (308KB, 738x1054px) Image search: [Google]
76.jpg
308KB, 738x1054px
>>382511224
>>382511227
>>
>>382511151
Get a fucking job, hippie. You can't boss companies into doing what you want just because you screech about it, you fucking leftard. They want to police what people can say, that's their fucking right. If you don't like it, tough shit.
>>
>>382511183
>implying anyone here is over the age of 25
>>
>>382511113
Except the cunt in the OP was shit-talking strangers, not bantering privately with his friends over Discord. Your analogy is idiotic and pathetic and so are you.
>>
>>382511360
>be in school
>teacher leaves classroom
>stand up and start screeching
>"NIGGERS NIGGERS NIGGERS WE NEED TO GAS ALL THE FAGGOT NIGGERS"
>little anon tells the teacher
>get sent to principal's office
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
>>
>>382510914

It idea is that ideas should be discussed freely, instead of trying to create an echo chamber.
>>
>>382509124
>it's yet another fucking lowkey /pol/ thread where a literal child whines for getting punished for being a bad boy in his game for babies
This board is absolute fucking garbage and getting worse every day .
>>
File: ec9.gif (1MB, 170x180px) Image search: [Google]
ec9.gif
1MB, 170x180px
>Leddit
>Underaged
>R6
>Ubisoft
>Banned
Kek why is anyone even replying he's from leddit.
>>
>>382511313
>>382511113
Nice job moving the goalposts.
>>
>>382510141

I knew that was the answer but I don't like it. Still, if people weren't so thin-skinned it would not be an issue and the incessant, constantly worsening coddling people receive makes them less able to deal with somebody being a dick to them. I get why it's happening but I don't think it should be happening. It's another symptom of a much larger problem.
>>
>>382511435
>oh no someone said something mean to people on the internet which they'll never meet again and then those people bantered back and then they went their own ways! omg someone please think of the children playing this M rated game!

go back to neogaf
>>
>>382501919
>le freedom of speech is a uniquely american concept and only exists within the context of the American Constitution
>>
>>382511313
But that's the thing, the internet has become mainstream. It is subject to the rules of the majority/authority. It is not your safe space.
>>
>>382511483
>leddit
Boy, you sure are trying pretty hard to fit in.
>>
>>382511457
Are you insinuating there's anything wrong with this?
>>
>>382511496
can't keep up eh manchesterbent
>>
>>382511236
see, the difference here is that the equivalent company analogy would be more along the lines of "To use Google, you must not have a firearm". I'd still be free to use Bing like an idiot and have my AR15, though.

I'm not saying its a good practice, I'm just saying you changed the entire argument you were making, and offer you this duct tape to fix it.
>>
>>382511372
>faggot
>stfu bitch
>what, can't take a little banter?
>>
>>382511562
Yeah little anon is a tattletale to reddit becaws he dun like da mean werds on scween :((
>>
>>382511517
>Makes stupid analogy
>Immediately gets BTFO
>Switches gears to aimless shitposting
Thanks for proving me right yet again you underage vermin.
>>
>>382511269
>honeypot
You don't know what that term means.
>>
>>382511529
EULAs were a thing long before the internet became mainstream. Online games always had these types of limits imposed.
>>
>>382511694
but i am right and the vast majority of people in this thread agree with me

stay angry bernout scum
>>
>>382506026
>get banned from game for cursing like a 12 year old and insulting people
>b-buh but librulz taking away muh freedoms!
Jesus Fucking Christ, lad. What did that bitch of a mother do to you?
>>
>>382511694
You know you're no arguing with one person but like 10 right?

You're the shitposter here
>>
>>382501838
>Savage
I'll admit, I laughed my ass off at this. Reddit can be pretty good sometimes.
>>
>>382511707
>attempting to rewrite history

this is what i find most disgusting about modern leftists
>>
>>382511517
>DUDE IT WAS JUST A PRANK HAHA WHY DON'T YOU PRANK ME BACK
kys redditor
>>
File: flying pepe.gif (523KB, 200x178px) Image search: [Google]
flying pepe.gif
523KB, 200x178px
>>382511801
>admitting he gets upset by words on the internet

Sad!
>>
>I'm the majority
>No I'm the majority!

The majority is laughing at both of you.
>>
Because they don't have to.
>>
>>382511729
>but i am right
The fact that you can't even stick to one coherent argument is solid proof that everything you've spouted is nonsense. You have the IQ of a log of shit.
>>
>>382511053
>because if they have to mute everyone, they'll eventually just grow to dislike the game
Valve does it planty in Dota 2 where players can get temporarily muted if they act like a faggot
I have a bunch of problem with how Ubi acted here but I can't sort all these problems out, sorry
>>
I remember when people used to complain about the retarded children screaming nigger and being generally retarded in online games. Now nu-/v/ is defending them, because they are those children.
>>
>>382511884
No, the majority doesn't even know any of this shit is happening because they don't care.
>>
>>382511578

OK, say ComEd or other vital utility, private hospital service, ect goes,

"To get such vital service, you must revoke your 2nd and 4th Amendment rights."

Or alternatively, instead of a browser like Google or Bing, lets say it's Comcast and there literally is no alternative in your area unless you move a few hundred miles, assuming that company doesn't make a similar declaration.
>>
>>382511786

Says the /pol/ack trying to pretend that 4chan was always right wing.
>>
>>382508923
>like it or not, that is what censorship is
Of course not, the part you're not getting is that the other users have the same right to enjoy their game as he does.
>>
>>382511896
you havent made a single argument in this entire thread though

and we won the election

gamergate won and this stings, doesn't it?

cuck
>>
>>382502302
The funny thing is that you're probably a right wing libertarian faggot anyway.

Their private infrastructure, their rules. Sucks to get burned by capitalism huh?
>>
>>382511762
I only quoted the one guy. But if you mean that there's plenty of people supporting his beliefs, well, that's true of both sides. Take off the blinders, autismo.
>>
File: 9hbdmx3cm8ty.jpg (60KB, 520x719px) Image search: [Google]
9hbdmx3cm8ty.jpg
60KB, 520x719px
>>382511976
>>
>>382509439
I wonder what possesses someone to type so much inconsequential bullshit, and someone else to screengrab and save it for future posting. Retardation must be contagious.
>>
>>382503835

You are fucking retarded holy shit.
>>
>>382511959
There is always another option when it comes to businesses. There is literally nowhere in north america where one supplier of a good or service is the only one. You may not be familiar with the competition, but I promise you its there.
>>
File: 1498086312967.png (462KB, 500x749px) Image search: [Google]
1498086312967.png
462KB, 500x749px
>>382512031
No thanks I prefer my worldview
>>
>>382511976
>Still no argument
Boy you gotta stop proving me right. It's just too easy.
>>
>>382511786
Have you never read an MMO EULA before? Even the oldest ones had safety and abuse provisions, usually defining that the company is under no obligation to monitor user content (which included messages), but specifically stated terms and conditions which they were SUPPOSED to abide by. This has been a thing forever, for companies to cover their butts.
>>
>>382510914
>food analogy
>>
>>382511496
>>moving the goalposts
Nope. The two situations are generally different, that you can't see why is part of the problem.

>>382511529
It is not fucking mainstream to get so fucking booty frazzled over having your precious fucking ears hurt by mean words that you run off to some powertripping over grown hall monitor that is the average internet forum moderator and whine and bitch about your hurt feelings until the other guy gets banned.

What's actually happening here is that both sides are assholes with one side gaming the system to get people banned for mildly offending them.
>>
File: Ancap.png (213KB, 547x402px) Image search: [Google]
Ancap.png
213KB, 547x402px
>>382501838
The developers have domain over their online game. It is their personal property. When you shit post on their personal property, you're violating the NAP and enabling them to McNuke you account.

You can protect your customers feelings, or you can protect some customers' ability to call your other customers nigger faggots.

This isn't hard, people.
>>
>>382511990
neo-puritan crypto communists do not constitute capitalism, anon

they will all be wiped out soon
>>
>>382503851
(((Because you're a pussy irl, faggot)))
>>
>>382511970
they can enjoy their game, either by:
using the mute button which is readily accessible
or they can ban the guy which is the less ethical choice in this instance because it deprives him of the right to play

either way it doesn't matter because enjoying a game isn't what makes something censorship or not
>>
>>382511976
>we won the election
Yes, and Trump will not make any move to prohibit companies from acting in ways they see fit. In fact, they're likely to be given further rights in this area. If you're against companies being able to ban you for speaking your peace, I don't know what you're happy for. The outcome would've been the same no matter who ended up winning.
>>
>>382511857
Dumb reddit spacing frogposter.
>>
File: fedora.jpg (128KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
fedora.jpg
128KB, 960x960px
>>382512113
>he reads EULAs

Oh yes m'sir I read and strictly adhere to the Code of Conduct on page 4047 of the Ubisix document, located on Index 83-a. It's very easy to find and anyone who doesn't read it should be banned, m'sirs.

>*Swishes cape*.

I wish women would have a EULA protecting their purity and virginity, per se. I'm so good at reading EULAs I would be having a lot of sexual intercourse
>>
File: 131254217.png (389KB, 481x456px) Image search: [Google]
131254217.png
389KB, 481x456px
>>382512327
>>
>>382512198
>I'm entitled to other people's property
>>
>>382512327
+rep
>>
File: keik.jpg (39KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
keik.jpg
39KB, 600x399px
>>382501838
>Literally banned a 15 year old that probably stacks with friends and talks shit after winning
>lost his shit when he loses a game to someone
fucking rekt, hope they ban more of these kids.
>>
>>382512171
It honestly is fucking mainstream for people to be offended when you insult them. It shows how much time you spend on 4chan though.
>>
>>382512171
>one side gaming the system to get people banned for mildly offending them
Please provide graphs indicating that there has been a marked increase in users being banned from online services due to their behavior in correlation with the rise of SJWs to support your statement.
>>
>>382512171
Not everyone is a big tough macho man like you anon.
>>
>>382510593
>>382511148

I'm saying it should be their right not necessarily that the US constitution explicitly spells that out. I'm curious though, are you saying there's something in the constitution that specifically denies the businesses the right to be discriminatory?

Either way my point is that if I have a right to my own property then that should mean that I have the right to keep or sell or give it away as I please.
>>
>>382502302
this. breaks my heart living in yuro land where people don't understand that freedom of speech is either absolute or non existent.
>>
I'm the co-founder of a free open source (FOSS) game project. We have a rule set for the game, and then separate set of terms/policies for players for using out-of-game services like forums, slack, etc.

In-game, trash talk / shit talking is specifically and explicitly allowed, to ensure maximum freedom of expression. However, we then have rules that disallow persistent pestering, flaming, trolling and anything that would would border on actual (legal) harassment.

For the most part, this allows anyone to say whatever the fuck they want as long as nobody specifically is being targeted. If someone is being targeted, they must tell the other person to "stop", and then use built-in 'ignore' functions of the game.

If they don't, everything is fair-game, because shit talk is a strategy to psyche-out other players, and also it's just fun to bust each-other's balls.

Out of the game, it's a bit of a different story, as moderators of services like forums will moderator (aka "CENSOR") the shit out of people being disruptive douche bags, which is critical since all of our (the developers) time is limited and nobody is being is being paid due to the hobbyist nature of the project's development.

I've been accused of being literally Hitler for this practice, which is fine as long as players aren't being mega assholes where a ban (from both the game, and other services) would be warranted.

I believe in free speech but also recognize that "free speech" does NOT exist on things like a privately operated site - where I exercise my OWN right to free speech, which will not be infringed upon by assclowns who want to post gay porn, nazi propaganda, etc.

I've crafted a very liberal Code of Conduct for the project - and have also looked at concepts like "No Code of Coduct". The later of which assumes that everyone can act like an adult, which just isn't the case for people who play a free video game.
>>
>>382512272
why should i trust the prognostications of a left wing neofaggot cuck like you? you've been wrong about every other major political event that mattered
>>
>>382512327
ProCD, Inc. v. Zeidenberg, 1996. Contract terms displayed on a computer screen constitute a valid contract, whether you read them or not.
>>
>>382512419
>>offended
To the point that they have to report the other person and get them banned? lol no.

>>382512445
I have never once considered myself to be "macho" in any real way. If I come across as such to you then you are highly likely to be a pathetic little bitch.
>>
>>382501838
>>382502302
read at least the basics of Locke's thought, retarded american'ts
>>
>>382506723
still some dumb shit to list that
>>
>>382512575
>Zeidenberg
Why should I care about what some kike says.
>>
>>382512512
too bad nearly all people don't want absolute freedom of speech, and will happily trade the ability to be a raging faggot in order to not have to deal with other raging faggots
>>
File: 1497920834606.png (3MB, 1494x834px) Image search: [Google]
1497920834606.png
3MB, 1494x834px
>>382512642
>>
all these threads basically boil down to
>a company is free to do whatever the fuck with their game
>but I dont agree with their practice of intervening in player interaction
>hurr its they game, they do what they want. Talk shit get hit
why do we have so many corporate dicksuckers?
>>
>>382512561
Because the ones typically demanding that businesses change the way they operate based on the whims of the consumer are usually leftards, like yourself. You aren't fooling anybody by saying "cuck," you fucking faggot, everyone can see how you really feel based on your beliefs that a private entity should cater to you. Sorry every bakery doesn't sell cakes to buttfuckers.
>>
>>382512703
ahh reddit le tter memedia ahahahaha nice!!
>>
>>382512492
Its not in the constitution but its not protected by it either
there's something in the civil rights act that stops you from denying people based on their race (in this context it was because the coloreds were being run out of stores for being black)
>>
>>382510914
if you leave without finishing your meal you're not paying bill for dinner though
>>
>>382512752
rlm is reddit tier now?
>>
>>382512737
Because I like seeing alt right pussies put in their place.

Look at the OP image again. Kid got fucking annihilated.
>>
>>382512529
What game?
>>
>>382512745
>online game bans someone for typing words
>if you think this is wrong you are a leftist

democrats proving once again they live in a separate reality to the rest of us
>>
>>382512690
Because courts ruled against the kike, you stupid fuck. Are you actually to stupid to derive through context that "ProCD" is the name of a company, and if the ruling was that a COMPANY'S TERMS WERE ENFORCEABLE, that the Jew was in the wrong? Are you fucking stupid?
>>
>>382512812
https://www.reddit.com/r/RedLetterMedia/
25,000 users
>>
>>382501838
>Pay to get into a club
>Act like a total shithead
>Bouncers throw me out

Why don't modern night clubs respect the principle of freedom of speech any longer?
>>
>>382512839
>leftist millenial thinks companies should work the way they want them to because they're all special snowflakes
You're exactly right, democRATS do live in another fucking world of their own making.
>>
File: Devilish_4a1cb5_6238404[1].jpg (78KB, 470x595px) Image search: [Google]
Devilish_4a1cb5_6238404[1].jpg
78KB, 470x595px
>>382501838
>don't like guy in a game
>provoke him until he starts cursing
>report him
>>
>>382512924
that's it?
>>
>>382512257
>less ethical
Please stop using words you don't understand.
>>
File: 1497183453178.png (117KB, 320x263px) Image search: [Google]
1497183453178.png
117KB, 320x263px
>>382512936
>so glad we can finally ban hate speech on the internet it's just toxic, fucking white males think they have freeze peach?
>wait you disagree with me? LOL you fucking democrat bernie voter retard! I voted for TRUMP!

kill yourself
>>
>>382512492
Not him, but the Civil Rights Act says that a privately owned business that exists to serve the public cannot discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, or skin color. I don't actually know if that's technically part of the constitution or not, but it is national law.
>>
>>382503150
seems like since you can't get a thicker skin you should consider tumblr
>>
File: 1445179860053.png (658KB, 558x451px) Image search: [Google]
1445179860053.png
658KB, 558x451px
>muh banter

I bet a million dollars that people who say this shit are retards with pepe avatars who write in memes and greentext and think it's "epic bantz"
>>
>>382513009
make me
>>
>>382513009
it's a non issue, mic spamming, tking, cheating are things you should be banned for, saying nigger is not.
>>
>>382512990
>25,000 potential /v/ users obsessed with e-celebs to the point of subscribing to them on multiple social media platforms
>"that's it?"
>>
>>382512642
The president of the united states has sued people that have insulted him.
>>
>>382512924
literally everything in the world has a subreddit you absolute fucking retard
>>382512812
reddit is a meme word
>>
>>382511470
"gg faggots" isn't an idea or a discussion
>>
>>382512924
reddit.com/r/4chan
10 million subscribers
4chan itself is 400 x more reddit than RLM
>>
>>382502302
You are completely right.

If a company wants to remove your access to an online game, they should give back the money you used to buy it.
>>
>>382501838
I don't understand how people can't keep their mouth shut. It's like they know what they say break ToS, but they do it anyways because they'll cry "free speech".
>>
>>382511976

>gamergate won
>gaming journalism still shit

?????
>>
>>382512983
And you would be why these policies are a bad thing.
>>
>>382506792
Dude you can ban every racer like that and eventually everyone will get a ban, people just mad at each other
>>
>>382513125
>>382513148
holy shit they're here
>>
>>382513065
This is honestly the typical faggot who complains about retardation like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9-UPPLvlas

>B-BUT MUH FREE SPEECH!
Who gives a fuck? If you're going to be a retarded faggot online, disrupting communication between teammates for zero benefit other than to blow off edgy middleschooler steam, you need to be removed .
>>
>>382512737
>but I dont agree with their practice of intervening in player interaction
then don't play the goddamn game
>>
File: 1497746984690.jpg (31KB, 554x400px) Image search: [Google]
1497746984690.jpg
31KB, 554x400px
>>382512983
>guy is destroying me in a game
>follow him and look through his chat log until he says "shit"
>report him
heh, shouldn't have broken those rules punk
>>
I don't feel it's smart to publicize it here (yet), because it's still in development. The game itself has been around for about a decade (and was basically dead before I got involved), and me and my team are just trying to re-imagine some aspects of it and address long standing community issues (like people trolling the fuck out of each other, which has impeded so so so many aspects of everything). More about it S00N(TM)
>>
>>382512752
>>382512924
>>382513148
The BTFO of the week for sure
>>
>>382513118
There's a bit of difference between suing a news agency or whatever the fuck for putting out a hit piece on you and whining like a little bitch to a mod cause your feelings got hurt.
>>
>>382512834
so basically you are the same as the guy in OP. Its just that you are so spineless you cant even verbally express yourself because of the fear of being punished
So as to not demean yourself you go along with it.
>>
>>382508465
you're a cunt. I swear gmod has the worst player base of any game ive played in my life.
>>
File: 47tb.png (227KB, 482x601px) Image search: [Google]
47tb.png
227KB, 482x601px
>>382513025
>we've weakened refusal-of-service laws of private businesses
>now ALL of our shitpacker friends can buy cakes wherever they want
>WE DID IT REDDIT

Drink bleach, socialist.
>>
>>382513387
you clearly havent played any f2p titles
>>
>>382513316
Ok, what CAN you tell us? shooter, fighter, racer, some other third thing?
>>
>A private company on a private platform you signed a contract stating you'd abide by their terms of service is the same as a public domain
>>
>>382512835

>>382513316
Sorry I accidentally nuked the digits I was replying to.
>>
>>382512737

lmao what the fuck are you gonna do? Go to court over the fact you can't say nigger in some shitty game? You gay NEETs can't even afford a lawyer anyway.
>>
>>382513215
This is actually funny and banning people for saying stuff like this is one of the things fagging up modern games.
>>
>>382513330
sure there is. my point is that people get offended when you insult them no matter where you are, and if this surprises you, you should go out more.
>>
>get a new job
>send new boss an email calling him a faggot kike
>get fired
wtf
>>
File: 1498341672857.gif (371KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1498341672857.gif
371KB, 500x375px
There's people who played Runescape as children and were introduced to " reported "

And there are people who spent their Christmas money on Gmod admin privileges
>>
>>382501838
>freedom of speech
Did his freedom of speech get him arrested?
He is playing an online video game and he violated the TOS he clicked "agree" to. Getting banned is not a violation of free speech.
>>
>>382513371
Whatever you say, /pol/.
>>
>>382512737
If you aren't a corporate dicksucker why are you playing their game? You have by extension sucked their dick by purchasing their product.
>>
File: Everything will be fine.jpg (204KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Everything will be fine.jpg
204KB, 1280x960px
>>382513450
This. I don't understand why so many right wing people here can't look at this from a capitalist perspective.

Online games are a service provided by a company, and a big part of online games is the community. If a community sucks, people won't want to pay to use it.

So you can either use your right to enforce some code of conduct to make the experience pleasant for the large majority, or protect "freedom of speech" by allowing some of your customers to harass other customers by calling them epithets that are largely unacceptable to say in public (behavior that's most common in dumbass teenagers.)
>>
>>382513524
>NIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGERNIGGER
>it's just banter man stop oppressing me
>>
>>382513448
It's a hybrid of FPS and RTS
>>
>>382513053

It's the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th amendment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal_Protection_Clause

The EULA allowing for people to be banned or punished for language/attitude/whatever is perfectly legally acceptable, they just can't discriminate based on a protected status like race or sex.
>>
>>382513234
>you are not allowed to criticize anything. Nope. Eathers suck that cock or fuck off
faggot. Consumers have right and sometimes they have to stand up for them. Gaming companies got bold because there is basically no authority over them unlike other industries
It takes a fucking state lawsuit to make these faggots behave like with redunds
>>
File: 1458855131576.jpg (152KB, 1033x798px) Image search: [Google]
1458855131576.jpg
152KB, 1033x798px
Just stop buying games from these faggots.
Seriously, this is the solution.
You just don't want to accept it because then you can't play your precious ubicrap.
>>
>>382513580
the businesses can do what they want to but babies shouldn't snitch just because I hurt their feelings
>>
>>382513417
desperate

nice knowyourmeme filename neofaggot
>>
>>382513695
oh god I need sleep I cant type
>>
>>382513695
>Consumers have right and sometimes they have to stand up for them
You don't have any fucking rights if you sign them away by accepting the EULA, you dumb fuck. Try fucking getting a class action civil suit against a company for banning you from a game. FUCKING TRY IT. EVERYONE IN HERE BITCHING, I FUCKING DARE YOU TO ORGANIZE AND ACTUALLY TRY TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.
>>
>>382513695
>>382513820
fair enough man. I can't disagree with that. Get some sleep, we probably both need it.
>>
>>382501838
You should probably get off this site then newfriend because the mods here do the exact same thing.
>>
>>382513807
>no argument
>hurr hurr filename
Fucking leftist cucks, ladies and gentlemen. Backed into a corner, they have absolutely no defensible footing to stand on because they recognize it's bullshit. Nothing to say about why companies shouldn't be allowed to refuse service, you faggot? Fuck outta here, go donate to Bernie's FBI fraud fund.
>>
>>382513215
>just mute him
how was I supposed to know he was going to literally reeeee the fuck out
>>
>>382514054
kys know your memer
>>
>>382512753
>>382513053

Right so I'm saying that part of the civil rights act should be repealed, or at least narrower and more specific constraints should determine what businesses 'exist to serve the public'
>>
File: inoperable.png (53KB, 571x618px) Image search: [Google]
inoperable.png
53KB, 571x618px
>>382514054
>getting so btfo you have a mental breakdown on /v/

lel
>>
And that's the thread folks

Anti censorship wins the game 101 - 3

This is John Madden signing off reminding you to JUST MUTE ME FAGGOT
>>
>>382514101
Keep replying to me with your bullshit, leftard. Don't you have an online protest to write about why companies need to cater to you? Mad ass faggot.
>>
>>382513936
>EULA ever holding up in court
it all returns to my original post
>its their game they can do what they want
And I as a consumer have the right to call them out on bad practices. Fuck off niggerfaggot
>>
>>382514215
kys know your memer
>>
File: report of the week.jpg (114KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
report of the week.jpg
114KB, 1334x750px
>>382513765
That's an immature way of thinking. IRL establishments all have codes of conducts, from gyms, arcades, sport facilities, laser tag, etc. Expect to be thrown out and permanently refused services for poor sportsmanship, much less calling people niggers and faggots and telling them to kill themselves.
>>
>>382514125
Well, what businesses do you think should not be included in this?
>>
>>382514216
And everyone else has the right to call you a dumbass for breaking a contract you agreed to.
>>
>>382514216
>EULA ever holding up in court
See >>382512575. The court has always sided with the EULA. Also
>as a consumer I have the right to call them out
Haha, okay. And what do you think that's going to achieve, hmm? You wanna cry about it on your blog about how they can't keep getting away with it? Are you going to complain to the BBB, which isn't even a governmental agency? What do you wanna do?
>>
>>382514245
Your socialist buddies over on /r/SandersforPresident are missing you.
>>
>>382514351
So we should just never complain about things we don't like because there's no chance of it being changed?
>>
>>382512931
>Pay to get into a virtual nightclub
>Act like a total shithead by saying mean words
>Instead of muting or blocking me and go about their day which is extremely easy to do, patrons try and get me banned by filing reports and contacting moderators which harder in comparison
>Bouncers throw me out

Why don't modern virtual night clubs respect the principle of freedom of speech any longer?
>>
>>382514426
kys know your memer
>>
>>382514480
I got all night until the mods come for this thread, Cucky the Clown. Let me know where you post the screencap of this exchange to your reddit friends or your twatter.
>>
>>382514554
kys know your memer
>>
File: strangler.jpg (61KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
strangler.jpg
61KB, 1280x720px
>>382514480
Strangler - Me
Tattler - You
>>
>>382514554
This thread has literally seconds left before it 404s, newfag.
>>
>>382514459
Oh, by all means, go ahead and complain. Complain away into the ether that game developers don't tolerate you insulting people. Complain, complain, it's what /v/ is good for. Just don't act like a fucking civil suit is actually going to change anything, talking about, "it takes a fucking state lawsuit to make these faggots behave," because if you really believe that you're an idiot.
>>
>>382514351
lmao what do you expect me to do you fucking imbecile? Stand outside their offices with a sign? This is fucking /v/ for vidya discussion not reddit activism board. I hardly care what ubishit does with their games I stopped playing them 7 years ago.
I just hate soft cunts like you who support censorship and suck corporate dick. Because of you games are being watered down and all fun features removed time and time again because it hurts someones "fee fees". Go fuck yourself
>>
>>382514459
You can complain until you're on your deathbed, no one is stopping you, but it doesn't mean that all your complaining will bear fruit.
>>
>>382514640
Like I said, I got all the time until this thread goes away, Captain Cuck. Are you buying time to formulate an argument about why companies shouldn't be able to deny service to whoever they want, or have you conceded that you don't really understand the argument you're making and just being a faggot to be a faggot? I mean either way I don't really care. I got nothing better to do either.
>>
Good thread boys, I know we had our differences but it was fun while it lasted
>>
>>382514779
kys know your memer
>>
>>382514790
>Good thread
why do you lie, anon?
>>
>>382514720
>I-i-it's because of you and the corporations that I can't do whatever I like in life! Mommy told me I was special so I should be able to say what I want, when I want!
Someone really should've gassed baby boomers, they're to blame for this dumbfuck generation.
>>
>>382514881
>other people are responsible for my failures!!!
white people
>>
>>382514745
enjoy being a sheep
>>
>>382514815
I guess that's a no, NTR Joe. I'm surprised your bull lets you have internet access while he's deep dicking your wife.
>>
>>382514881
t. gen z
>>
>>382514943
i agree with your assessment of op
Thread posts: 572
Thread images: 76

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.