[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls 2 Anyone who disagrees is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 17

File: IMG_1034.jpg (229KB, 1200x650px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1034.jpg
229KB, 1200x650px
Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls 2

Anyone who disagrees is a contrarian troll
>>
>>382495615

lol no.
>>
Yeah.

I mean, DS3 is still one of the lesser DS games, but yeah. It's better than 2 by a country mile.

I mean, say what you will about reused assets and callbacks (Who the fuck complains about callbacks in a sequel, anyway? Do you guys sperg out every time you see Hyrule Castle in a Zelda game too? But I digress) and whatnot, at least it understood what a Dark Souls game was at a base level.
It didn't throw pointless difficulty at you because HUR DUR PREPARE TO DIE, and the geography actually made sense, at least, moreso than "Lava basin at the top of a windmill"

Say what you will about DS3's flaws (And believe me, I will), at least it wasn't fundamentally broken on a conceptual level.
>>
>>382496030

It's not any better at all.

There's no sense of exploration, ever ytime you turn around you see some random cylider object that's there to hide and block shitty design.

Casualized out the ass.

Areas were detailed so they were small.
>>
I can't wait for people to start with the "DaS2 is good" meme.
>>
DeS=DaS>BB>DaS3>DaS2
>>
>>382496154
Exploration? All the zones in DaS2 look like literal garbage. Poise is the ultimate casualization of any game.
>>
>>382496154
What the fuck are you on? It's literally better in literally every single way. There is not a single thing DS2 does better than DS3. Everything is as good, or worse.

Even from a basic mechanical standpoint. Say what you will about the lack of variety or how underpowered Magic is in 3, but the weapons still had weight. The hitboxes are solid as fuck. There's no turntable enemies. There isn't unfinished textures on literally every single goddamn surface of the game.
There's a minimum of instant-death traps. There's no monster closets. The game doesn't horde enemies at you to disguise its shitty AI.
And if you want to talk about "No exploration", let's talk about how DS2 is literally one goddamn hallway until over halfway through the game, when it spits into FOUR singular, long hallways.
>>
>>382495615
agreed
>>
>>382495615
Anything is better than Dark Souls 2. That game was a fucking joke
>>
>>382496784
>let's talk about how DS2 is literally one goddamn hallway until over halfway through the game

Literally the first area after the tutorial branches off into three paths.
>>
>>382495615
t. contrarian troll
>>
>>382495615
DS2 actually plays like a Souls game, even if it isn't the best one, DS3 is just a mediocre action game.
>>
>>382496030
>DS2
>pointless difficulty
Heh, DS3 babbies...
>>
The only thing darksouls 2 did right was pvp (better netcode and invasion was always there, though, soul memory was a dumb idea but atleast it made invasions more common)

DS3 feels dead at times just like DS1.

For map build DS1> DS3> DS2

if it comes to pve
DS3 gives a good run but DS1 is still king, DS2 was shit

Pvp DS2>DS3>DS1
>>
>>382497452
>joke

Its not that bad actually.
>>
>>382498195

this

also this ;) http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/dark-souls-ii
>>
File: 1494655167796.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1494655167796.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
>>382498195
>>382498195
100% agreed. After being scared of losing his precious little dollars by actually risking new mechanics and lore, Miyazaki hid back into his little corner of anor londo and dark souls 1 references and spun up something all the "dark souls is the best even though i barely played it" faggots to consume. What a shame of unoriginality, lack of creativity, and fear of failure.
I just miss my out-of-breath and low-health animations :'''(
>>
>>382498401
DaS1 PvP was fucked mechanically, but still better than DaS3 by virtue of invasions actually being a thing.

Played the game multiple times embered throughout and have been invaded twice. Why is gank matchmaking a thing
>>
>>382498232
DS2 is less filled with pointless difficulty and more "if you're not playing like a twitchy paranoid fuck at all times prepare to eat free damage" when you're first going through.
>>
>>382498668
With that logic I could say that you can't say anything bad about DaS3 because it was well recieved.
>>
>>382498873
as it should be. souls games want players to be on edge and cautious
>>
>>382498683
God, can you imagine someone being this miserable in real life? The game is fucking fine you autist.
>>
>>382499018
Fair, but some instances are just silly, like that one undead early on who is literally just sitting in a hole in the wall with his arm raised until you pass him.
>>
File: I did it.png (125KB, 423x422px) Image search: [Google]
I did it.png
125KB, 423x422px
>>382495615
Game Suks
>>
File: keik.jpg (39KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
keik.jpg
39KB, 600x399px
>>382499018
>>382498232
>>382496030
Dark Souls 2 had the most shitty bosses, ever, ever, ever, ever. the only ***difficult*** part was having to take on countless enemies at once, and it made even more ridiculous when they smash you like a truck. deleted immediately after finishing, I wasn't even gonna bother.
>>
File: 1498947555461.gif (982KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1498947555461.gif
982KB, 320x287px
>>382499476
And dont even get me started on the delayed combat.
>>
File: ds2 1.jpg (34KB, 325x319px) Image search: [Google]
ds2 1.jpg
34KB, 325x319px
>>
I will list the things I noticed about Dark Souls 3 as I was playing
>too many callbacks to the first game instead of trying to make its own identity
>all the NPC's are kind of boring and the game never make you care about them, too many of them are just "find this guy/gal, talk to them, they move to the hub and become a merchant"
>new hollowing system is kind of shit
>magic and miracle varieties are shit, also they're kind of weak, pyromancies are okay though
>the areas feel really small and linear, none of the branching paths loop back around, instead it's just path and then a side path to a dead end and back
>bosses and enemies just felt way too easy and kind of boring
>frost is just a shitty bleed
And what I did like
>Irythyll Valley looks great
>weapon arts add some variety to the combat
>MP estus was kind of cool
That's about it. I went through the motions to get the platinum, but overall, it wasn't as good as 2.
>>
File: ds2difficulty.jpg (76KB, 1348x290px) Image search: [Google]
ds2difficulty.jpg
76KB, 1348x290px
>>382500218
from the bad things other than frost, it sounds like you are talking about dark souls 2 to be honest.

>That's about it. I went through the motions to get the platinum, but overall, it wasn't as good as 2.
>implying 2 was good to begin with
>>
File: bait.jpg (3KB, 124x125px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
3KB, 124x125px
>>382500218
>DS3 bosses are boring
>it wasn't as good as 2
>>
>>382500580
There's nothing wrong with a game saying it's hard. That's why fans flocked to it. Because it was considered such a "difficult" game. And the opening fits the lore. She isn't talking just about the players, but the actual character as well. And the adds were mostly for NG+, which forces you to change your style instead of just giving the bosses more HP and attack. Honestly, the only real thing I can say about Dark Souls 3 is that it's boring.
>>
>>382495615
Well yeah. DaS2 was developed by from's beta team while the main team developed BB. Which ruined the second game. DaS3 is far superior.
>>
File: 4kBait.png (486KB, 5120x2880px) Image search: [Google]
4kBait.png
486KB, 5120x2880px
>>382500218
>bosses and enemies just felt way too easy and kind of boring
> NPC's are kind of boring
>>
>>382500952
Not to mention that 2 was so bad they had to re-release the entire game in DLC. Even then people complained about how bad it was,
>>
File: ds2 room.jpg (491KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ds2 room.jpg
491KB, 1920x1200px
>>382500841
>That's why fans flocked to it. Because it was considered such a "difficult" game.

This is not simply saying that it's hard, also, ds1 being hard doesn't mean that difficulty is the only good thing about the game(what apparently is what the B team/bandai thought, since that is the only thing that they apparently focused on, since everything in the game is either bad or unfinished/half assed)
>>
They're both competing for second to last place, so who really cares
>>
>>382496030
>It didn't throw pointless difficulty at you
Pontiff dogs say hi.
>>
>>382495615
shit taste
>>
File: ds2 downgrade.gif (1MB, 1266x712px) Image search: [Google]
ds2 downgrade.gif
1MB, 1266x712px
>>382501334
that was like the most shameful money grab ever.
>downgrade game to hell without telling anyone
>hey you didn't liked the DS2 downgrade? how about that, we will re-release the game, “Director's Cut” version of the game, which will fix everything!
>releases literally the same game with enemy placement and items changed, some new npcs and some lighting effects, while still looking worst than the e3 from 2013
>>
>>382501413
But the people who liked it aren't focusing on that. It really seems like the people who are focusing on the difficulty are the people who doesn't like it and have to resort to the same argument that they've been parroting for years.
>>
File: ds2 mimic.webm (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
ds2 mimic.webm
1MB, 500x281px
>>382501843
all ds2 fans talk about is the difficulty and the pvp.

also if someone is not playing only because of the difficulty i have no idea why they would like ds2, or even think that it's better than 1 or 3.
>>
>>382502120
For one, 2 has the best PVP. The areas are all fairly unique. Most of the bosses have a unique gimmick or mechanic that makes them memorable. The covenants are the easiest to get into. The NPC's actually feel like characters who are journeying with you. The Emerald Herald also has major story purposes and isn't just kind of shoehorned in. The 4 big bads have good build ups. And in terms of difficulty, it allowed you to make the game harder if you want.
>>
>>382500218
I hate the mana system, it's the entire reason why attunement is so useless outside of getting enough max mana for the equivalent of an ashen estus and why the difficulty of the game is so gimped (besides finding estus shards with no compensation like lifegems or humanity if you do not find them).

When it comes to magic and miracles being kind of shit, I've noticed spellcasting in pve in general is more reasonable if you split your estus 50/50 between health and mana (in the beta in High Wall of Lothric, melee classes had 10 healing estus and 3 ashen estus, while spellcasting classes had 6 healing estus and 7 ashen estus) and if you focus more on playing with spells that are tied to your main spellcasting stat than if you focus more on playing with spells from a particular school. Pyromancies and Dark spells for example are designed to do similar amount of damage to Sorceries if you only focus on int and leave faith at 10, so all you have to do is alternate between the 3 schools of magic depending on enemy weaknesses.
>>
Dark souls 2 > Dark souls 1

Anyone who disagrees is a contrarian troll
>>
>>382500952
It's funny because you can tell from the level, encounter and item designs in the DLCs that the Ringed City was made by those who made the DaS2 DLCs while Ashes of Ariandel was made by those who did Artorias of the Abyss.
>>
File: emerald wrist is broken.webm (2MB, 592x732px) Image search: [Google]
emerald wrist is broken.webm
2MB, 592x732px
>>382502525
Everything you said is wrong lmao, and yes, Emerald is shoehorned, I hate how they tried to make another maiden in black and failed miserably, making an annoying, out of place character with a giant text every time you want to level up instead, and in the ending he is like ''i'm actually created by a dragon'' or whatever like anyone gives a fuck about that nonsense game.

And the npcs are EASILY the worst from the series, they are just awful and bland. The only decent npcs that I can think about are Mirrah and the dying guy with the Drangleic armor, and also creighton but he was basically just Lautrec.

For example that retarded woman that is a few steps from his father blacksmith, that became shrek instead of becoming hollow, because no character in the game ever goes hollow at all because the devs didn't cared about the game or whatever, and hollowing became forgetting stuff instead, speaking of the blacksmith he is locked outside his own blacksmith thing, how dumb can you be to be locked outside your own place?
>>
>>382500218
>too many callbacks to the first game instead of trying to make its own identity
Didn't 2 do this as well, just worse?
>>
>>382495615
a fact
>>
>>382504943
Yeah, there is no hollowing in ds2, though you forgot the des crestfallen.
>>
>>382495615
I can't believe this even needs a thread. It should be obvious to anyone who put more than 30 hours into both of them.
>>
>>382505216
Hello OP
>>
>>382504718
DS2 had a useless shield with Solaire on it, that's it.

DS3 reuses an entire level from the first game.
>>
>>382495615

Dark Souls took me 90 hours my first, blind playthrough. Dark Souls 2 + DLC took me 110 hours first time. Dark Souls 3 took me 55 hours with the two DLC zones. It was a good game, but I was a bit shocked at the simplistic story, the smaller game world, and the significantly reduced difficulty.
>>
File: ds2 is original.jpg (1MB, 600x6683px) Image search: [Google]
ds2 is original.jpg
1MB, 600x6683px
>>382505725
>implying that was the only thing
also
>sunlight altar in ds2 for no reason or explanation
>artorias sword for no reason or explanation
>FUCKING ORNSTEIN FOR NO REASON AND NO EXPLANATION OR EVEN ANY MENTION ANYWHERE IN THE GAME ABOUT WHAT HE IS DOING IN DARK SOULS 2
>gargoyles but there's more of them
>ds1 pvp ganks but it's a boss instead
>ice bed of chaos
>blightown ripoff
>item description that is obviously awful cringy solaire pandering
>>
>>382506228
Didn't think this needed explaining, but... seeing something a second time will always be objectively more fresh than seeing it a third time.

And even then I haven't minded them DaS3 either. For the most part those are objectively good things.
>>
>>382506228
>Ornstein Electric Boogaloo
>Sif ripoff

Besides these, I don't know why you find that stuff particularly offensive. The Gutter was pretty cool, sunlight altar just serves as the covenant hub and the gargoyles/NPC gank are optional bosses way off the main path. 99% of the game is designed originally with a concerted effort to stand apart from DaS1, with a few lore connections thrown in for people who like that kinda stuff.

To say that DaS2 had more callbacks and references, and didn't try to establish it's own identity compared to DaS3 is nonsense and you know it.
>>
File: ds2 fan service.jpg (249KB, 1380x744px) Image search: [Google]
ds2 fan service.jpg
249KB, 1380x744px
>>382507264
defend this
>>
DS2 is so full of trash mobs, it ruins about 80% of the bosses. I played it all just waiting for it to get good, but it never did.
>>
>>382507407
So what? Why are you mad over an item description referencing dialogue in the previous game?

5 minutes into DaS3 and you meet Andre with no explanation or context whatsoever. You can even get a full set of Solaire's armor. I couldn't care less but if you're annoyed by throwbacks, surely that is way more intrusive
>>
>>382508276
Yes, I was quite annoyed with those throwbacks, but I don't have to deal with people saying that ds3 is original despite that like ds2 fans imply with ds2, and also the game was good.
>>
>>382508570
Except being unoriginal was literally never a complaint about the game.

There was a mountain of other, far more important things people hated about DaS2. Why do you have to keep making up new things for DaS2 to be guilty of in the first place...
>>
>>382508770
This.

Moan about the poor level design, combat changes, literally anything that isn't meaningless easter egg bullshit.
>>
>>382496740
>>382496784

Being this retarded and/or having opinions this shitty.
>>
>>382508770
Though it's bullshit to say that ds3 is unoriginal because it has stuff and references from ds1 when ds2 also have just as much shit from ds1 as ds3.
>>
>>382509089
Dark Souls 3 has objectively more.
>>
>>382508192
>DS2
overcoming the trash mobs is a puzzle in itself
>DS3
straight sword XD
>>
>>382509426
nah, it just doesn't hides it as ds2
ds3: something happened with this character from ds1

ds2(other than ornstein): this character from ds1 died, then his soul became this other character on another cycle
>>
>>382509503

>overcoming the trash mobs is a puzzle in itself

kite back and kill them at a choke point. protip: whack-a-mole is not a puzzle
>>
File: 1481584771799.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1481584771799.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>382495615
>Enjoy all four games (no PS4 for BB)
>Don't have to fight with other turbo autists over pic related
>>
Dark Souls 3 has more memorable bosses, environments, and armor designs than Dark Souls 2.
>>
>>382495615
DS3 is better than DS2 and DS1. This series is dogshit anyways, DS2 made it a lot more manageable but still was too slow.
>>
>>382496030
What lava basin?
>>
what is the essence of the soul? Does DS2 ever wrap anything up? Or were they hoping it would be picked up for DS3?
>>
>>382510526

The entire Iron Keep balances on a lift shaft behind mytha's boss room..
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.