[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't they release this in the first place? It would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: StarFox2_SNES_Game_Box.png (180KB, 575x400px) Image search: [Google]
StarFox2_SNES_Game_Box.png
180KB, 575x400px
Why didn't they release this in the first place? It would have been perfect given how long the 64 was delayed for.
>>
Because Nintendo hates money and didn't want them to confuse American audiences. They also thought this would steal sales from the 64.
>>
>>382484471
The PS1 had already come out with much better 3D and Nintendo didn't want to invite the comparison.
>>
>>382484471
Apparently it's getting an official release on the SNES Classic
>>
>>382484694
this is the actual answer
/thread
>>
>>382484471

>Star Fox 2
>Perfect
>Literally the prototype to Command
>Would've just aged as bad as the original

The game getting released is nice but you cant think for a second that it'll help the series ion its current state.
>>
File: miyu_2006_by_j_fujita.jpg (206KB, 720x1050px) Image search: [Google]
miyu_2006_by_j_fujita.jpg
206KB, 720x1050px
This is my wife. Say something nice about her.
>>
They didn't know the N64 was gonna be delayed at the time.

Hindsight is a bitch.
>>
File: 1498684450353.png (431KB, 425x600px) Image search: [Google]
1498684450353.png
431KB, 425x600px
>>382485128
She's cute but I like my wife better!
>>
>>382484748
>doesn't know why this thread was made
welcome to 2 days ago
>>
>>382484471
It would have run like shit on the actual console.
Even the first starfox ran as low as 15 fps at times. SF2 has even more shit going on. It would have been unplayable.
It was too much for the hardware to handle and they knew it.
>>
Because actual 3D on the SNES was genuinely horrible and only existed as a gimmick. To give Nintendo an edge over competitors. May as well salvage what you have and move it over to the N64 instead of having a game run even worse than SF1 while giving Sony ammunition to tear your CPUlet console apart in 3D advertisements.
>>
>>382485879
I was on a camping trip last week and didn't come home until today. Sue me
>>
>>382484471
at what performance will the mini snes make starfox run?
fx chip performance?
fx chip 2 performance?
even better (emulator) performance?
>>
>>382487297
emulator, just like NES classic.
>>
Nintendo didn't want to draw focus away from the N64.

Shitty practice but it isn't unheard of.
>>
>>382487297
The reason Nintendo is finally releasing these games (Star Fox, Yoshi's Island, Star Fox 2) is because they finally managed to emulate the superfx chip. I have no doubt that the games will run at the same performance they ran on the og super nintendo. As for Star Fox 2, it's hard to gauge how well it will run since all we have is a prototype to base it on, but the proto definitely runs better than the 1st Star Fox thanks in part to the Super FX 2 chip. I would expect the same thing when the final version is released.
>>
There has only been one (1) good Star Fox game.
>>
>>382488295
which
>>
>>382488295
Zero.
>>
Whenever I wonder why Nintendo did something stupid, I just remind myself that this is the company that pretty much created its own competition when it allowed Sony to keep the technology they developed for what was supposed to be a CD addon for the SNES which later became the first PlayStation.

And as an added bonus, because they decided to make the N64 a cartridge based system instead of CD, they lost the opportunity to have Final Fantasy VII as part of their library, a game which became a major seller for the PlayStation.
>>
>>382489173
I agree

There are NO good Starfox games
>>
>>382488148
how hard could it have been for them to emulate a fucking chip they had commissioned themselves?

emulating is only hard when you're a third party with no insight to a system's goofy unspecified behaviors.
>>
File: SFZisMediocre.jpg (2MB, 975x1600px) Image search: [Google]
SFZisMediocre.jpg
2MB, 975x1600px
>>382489173

>Zero
>Good

Reminder you got assblasted when Jim sterling gave this game the 8th place of worst game of 2016 that you actually cried about it on miiverse just to get pity from the same autist who spent over 400 hours on the game.

Reminder you got asshurt here for getting called out numerous times for supporting garbage games.
>>
>>382489196
>Final Fantasy wasn't a paid exclusive

Nice meme.
>>
>>382488148
>>382489541
Pretty sure it has more to do with copyright issues around the chip, not technical difficulties
>>
>>382489552
really made me think
>>
>>382489552
Platinum Games never even touched Star Fox which is why it was such a mess. Also the obligatory Miyamoto putting games in a blunder as usual except Paper Mario, surprisingly. It was Japan voting that fucked that series up
>>
>>382489565
Ummm, I pretty much summarized what was an entire class of my history of video games course in college, so eat a bag of expired dicks.

>how's that for a meme?
>>
File: CodyCoyote64.jpg (681KB, 1984x3748px) Image search: [Google]
CodyCoyote64.jpg
681KB, 1984x3748px
>>382489980
>>
>>382490121
>video game college

Give me a break.
>>
>>382490025
>It was Japan voting that fucked that series up
Not at all. Miyamoto cited Club Nintendo surveys as the reason they dropped the story. No one on any part of this fucking planet took those surveys seriously, and just copy/pasted their answers (or just spammed them) in order to skip through and get their coins/rewards.
>>
>>382490121
>Actually wasting your/your parents money on a video game course.
>>
>>382491287
>this delusion

Paper Mario fans are the worst.

Next you'll be telling me that Nintendo hates Mario RPGs.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.