[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MGSV is a good example of just how meaningless the phrase "gameplay"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: mgsv-the-phantom-pain-tips.jpg (307KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mgsv-the-phantom-pain-tips.jpg
307KB, 1920x1080px
MGSV is a good example of just how meaningless the phrase "gameplay" has become. People praise that game for having good gameplay when what they actually mean is good controls. When pressed on other aspects like level design, AI, difficulty, world-interactivity, they aren't as convincing. It's pretty obvious by "gameplay" they primarily mean the controls.

There is nothing one might want to say that can't be expressed without using the word gameplay.
>>
>>382467819
I'd argue the AI is pretty good, but other than that it only has controls going for it.
>>
File: 1442026837214.png (102KB, 776x708px) Image search: [Google]
1442026837214.png
102KB, 776x708px
>>
>>382467819
1. Gameplay is not a phrase
2. Yeah if you're the type of person who would play MGSV, it would have to be a meaningless "phrase" to you
>>
>>382467927
>I'd argue the AI is pretty good
The AI has been on easy mode since MGS3.

It seems Kojima doesn't give a fuck that introducing outdoor maps to the series made the AI too incompetent to challenge the player. The plethora of tranq weapons and suppressors does not help one bit. In V they don't even search inbetween areas, that's a step down.
>>
Yeah I thought that gameplay was good but people praise it like it's ground breaking. The most overrated game I've ever played
>>
>>382468258
>Gameplay is not a phrase
Clearly it's a retarded conjunction that people now treat as a well-defined word, when it clearly isn't; don't be pedantic.
>>
>>382467819
/v/ loves games that have diving.
>>
>>382468518
>The AI has been on easy mode since MGS3.
IMO, Ground Zeroes on hard mode is the exception to this just because the map is so cramped. They still could have balanced it better since tag markers and tranq pistol are overpowered.

Tranq pistol always seemed like the casuals players alternative to CQC, i hate how its such a staple of the series. At least in MGS2 there were levels where you struggled to get a clear aim on the guards.
>>
>>382468706
1. It clearly is a well-defined word at this point, however retarded you may erroneously believe it to be
2. I say erroneously because words in general, including gameplay, in particular, aren't people. In fact, they aren't any kind of living being, nor even things which physically exist in this universe. Therefore it is technically impossible for the word, "gameplay," or any other word, conjunction or otherwise, to be "retarded." Your attempt to diagnose and describe your own irrational problem with the term could not have failed more spectacularly.
3. Your usage of the semi-colon is incorrect.
>>
>>382467927
>AI is pretty good
HAHAHAHA
>>382468706
>>382469576
9gag is not here you gigantic fucktards
>>
>>382470272
>9gag is not here you gigantic fucktards
9gag lies in the center of your own heart.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.