[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking about getting this game since I hear it's really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: Resonance-of-Fate_PS3_FOB_ESRB.jpg (770KB, 1000x1151px) Image search: [Google]
Resonance-of-Fate_PS3_FOB_ESRB.jpg
770KB, 1000x1151px
Thinking about getting this game since I hear it's really good combat with a high learning curve. Is it actually any good?

PS3 or 360?
>>
File: up3832.jpg (334KB, 800x822px) Image search: [Google]
up3832.jpg
334KB, 800x822px
>>382465301
>>
>SEGA
wait for the PC version
>>
>really good combat

More like needlessly convoluted combat. Tried playing the game for at least two hours and couldn't grasp what the fuck I was supposed to be doing in combat for the life of me. I think mastering astrophysics has an easier learning curve than this shit.

Also, the story is shit, or so I hear. I never got that far because the game is balls to the wall grindy and super difficult.
>>
>>382465301
Fun at first but it quickly gets repetitive.
>>
>>382465601
You are just retarded.
Combat is incredibly barebones when you get the hang of it.
triangulate, jump, shoot, combo, repeat.
>>382465301

The big problem of the game is that combat stays the same for the whole game, never getting anuything new like new moves or combo and so it gets really repetitive.

also the story starts beign interesting affter just a few chapters and then goes full filler till almost the end.
>>
>>382465301
I wouldn't listen to anyone complaining OP, they never actually got into the the game. The combat is superb and it's fun seeing how well you can set up resonances and break enemies quickly, the customization for weapons is great and the story is a neat slice-of-life type of deal that's really unique for these types of games. It's worth playing, version doesn't matter.
>>
>>382465621
Pretty much this. It's a really cool concept, but you don't really gain anything other than different bullet types as you progress through the game, so combat stays pretty much the same the whole time.

Still really fun though.
>>
>>382465601

You shouldn't have dropped out of primary school.
>>
>>382465814
I stopped paying attention to the story after Vashyron's infamous scene. Yeah it was early on but I couldn't bother taking the game seriously afterwards.
>>
>>382465601
basically what this guy said. i remember buying it used years ago and had a terrible time, one of the earlier boss fights lasted 40 minutes because some dumb thing happened to my GUN POINTZ and every attack i did did 1 damage.

There are unskippable tutorials where they'll tell you how to do chains and group attacks but the explanations are all wrong, and in order to actually do like a triple combo or something you have to have the stars align in a certain way during the autumn equinox, clap three times and pour iced tea all over your PS3.
>>
>>382465447
>wait for the PC version
so never
>>
>>382465301
Played and beat it 100% a long while ago, on PS3, I don't think there are any real port differences. I liked it fwiw.

It definitely has a very complex battle system and is not for everyone, but when it does "click", you'll feel like a god, but even so it does remain challenging throughout the main adventure. once you clear the post-game dungeon then you literally become a god as you get a pair of accessories that utterly break the game's mechanics, which is fair trade for getting that far at all.

The battle system isn't the only thing that's weird, pretty much everything else is as well; the characters, story, the world, it's just a very weird game in general.
>>
>>382465986
Its my biggest complain.
After a few hours the story basically cease to exist and there's just a shitton of retarded filler like the christmas chapter and so on.
game's fun and the combat is fun and innovative, but it lacks any element that hooks the player to play for more. It just gets boring, and that's a shame because the game really had great potential.
>>382466016
Again, you are just bad.
Go play with atb like all the other special kids.
>>
>>382465441
Shame the in-game model never updates to reflect your mods, would've been hilarious.
>>
>>382465301
Great great great
Then you get bored, possibly around about 2/3rds through

I think the key is to remember that it's a game where the things you do seem inconsequential to the larger story, but they are important to the characters.
Only towards the end does the main story start to weave in more heavily.

If you like the idea of it being mostly character centric then you should like it. Gameplay only got more and more fun and can't fault that.
I think it just lags a little around halfway.
>>
>>382466206
Just like Bayonetta and Vanquish, right?
>>
>>382466724
Bayonetta and Vanquish are not a tri-ace games
>>
>>382466709
Also don't be a retard like some of the people in this thread.
Swap weapons around every now and then, experiment with different combinations, understand the (very basic) mechanics, have fun.

Love the unique animations that each character has with the different weapon types.

>>382466253
This. It does pick up but I had to stop playing and then restart it when I knew what I was in for.
>>
O
>>
>>382466724
Quite frankly this game wouldn't benefit from the upgrade, it's one thing when your high-speed beat/shoot 'em up runs at 20fps, and another when it's a turn-based RPG that runs fine as it is.
Also, this is at best a cult classic, it has never had the sales or popularity to warrant a rerelease.
>>
>>382466987
You don't need the original dev to port a game
>>
>>382465301
It's great.
>>382465601
Don't listen to him, he's retarded.
>and super difficult.
And the kind of guy who says that Crash is the new Dark Souls.
>>
>>382467097
Sure but it looks jaggy as fuck on consoles, sub 720p at times.
>>
>>382467167
Sega doesn't have outsourced pc ports
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.