[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think it looks enjoyable, especially with friends. Will it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: Fortnite.jpg (238KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fortnite.jpg
238KB, 1920x1080px
I think it looks enjoyable, especially with friends. Will it be good?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZWg4iXp_lE&ab_channel=Fortnite
>>
>>382458475
Saw a youtuber playing it with friends, looked fun if you are into that sort of thing, but only if you bring friends with you.
>>
File: 1417477169373.gif (1002KB, 272x198px) Image search: [Google]
1417477169373.gif
1002KB, 272x198px
>Sandbox
>Survival
>Crafting
>F2P
>Early Access
>"Hero shooter"
>>
>>382458475
It looks alright but shallow and I don't think the gameplay alone is going to be fun enough to give it longevity.
>>
After several years of development hell and this is all they could come up with.

The premise would have been cool, build forts, kill things.
>>
>>382458736
That is true of every single one of these fucking goddamn early access sandbox crafting games. It's not because the games are any good, it's because playing with your friends is fun.

Fucking Terarria was great, but I'm so fucking over this 'genre' now.
>>
>>382458475
From what I've heard each base you build is destroyed at the end of of the mission, so it really doesn't encourage players to go all out or make bases that are "their own" or special. Its more benecial to make some cheesy base build for whatever the mission calls for. Can someone confirm this? or provide some videos?
>>
>>382458475
Maybe. I'm in the Alpha and it's alright. Not amazing tho. The grind is absurd at higher levels and they aren't really keen on fixing some flaws that have been regularly told to them. Here are some examples:
>Players have 2 Inventories and their Storm Shield Storage
>The current Tutorials never mention the fact you have Storm Shield Storage, which is comically small
>Your first inventory is a fixed-count 200-unit storage for Heroes, Survivors, out of match consumables, and Blueprints
>This is actually really small if you are a hoarder who wants 1 of everything
>Your 2nd inventory is a 50 unit storage for all your weapons and traps (which you make from Blueprints or find), and crafting materials which you harvest from the world. This is extremely small into mid-game, but can be expanded by +5 through various means
>You also cannot buy extra space, which is fine, except for the fact you cannot get extra space in general for one of them
The 2nd big issue is the material sinks.
>Collection Book is a binder of stuff you can socket any Blueprint or person into, losing access to them, but gaining points towards a set of specific rewards each time you level the book up
>Upgrading stuff to high tiers also takes an obscene amount of grinding and material input
And they just don't listen.
>>382458853
>Survival
It's not a survival game.
>>
>>382458853
So it's TF2 meets tower defense? Count me out.
I wanted TF2 meets DayZ
>>
>>382459065
Hmmm, don't know, but I enjoyed playing both Terraria and Ark solo. I can see your point though, the market is oversaturated with these types of games.
>>
im lmaoing @ ure game dev
>>
>>382458853
>throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks

Is anyone actually trying to make new unique games anymore? I swear it's like every game developer has a hat with these fucking words, and more they just pick out of.
>>
>>382459065
I don't know, I don't think Terraria is a very good comparison, in Terraria you can just sit in a dirt box and be safe from like 90% of regular enemies. This game looks to be more about maintaining a safe base while under attack. Again with something like Terraria or Minecraft, once you build your first base within the first 10-15 minutes of play time, you are pretty much sorted for the rest of your playtime. It's a players decision to expand their buildings, and is entirely optional. I hope in this game it is mandatory to increase the scale in order to withstand larger and stronger influx of enemies.

But then again, this is all guess work.
>>
I just find it despicable that all the youtubers tell viewers to choose them as their commander
>You'll get my banner ingame, cool right!
What they don't mention is that you're locked in and now part of an army.

Dirty tricks.
>>
>>382459293
Partially correct.
You go on Missions into areas which have varying requirements, but for numerous ones, you have to build a wall around the thing you wanna protect plus further defenses and then defend it from waves of enemies. You can only carry around 1000 of each basic material, Wood, Stone, and Metal, which allows you to build a pretty sizable fort and you can scrounge plenty more from the myriad of nearby trees, stone outcrops, metal constructs, buildings, etc., but most of these Missions also have suggested build limits you want to stay under for bonus points towards extra loot. You have access to an infinite amount of these building materials for all intents and purposes. Where you pour it all if you want to is the Storm Shield, a permanent base which you have to repeatedly defend as you advance in the game. I haven't maxed out Missions yet, so I don't know if you can defend it infinitely for fun, but you have a large room to work in and it's there forever as long as the enemy doesn't destroy it or the Devs wipe the servers.
>>
The fact this thread
1. didn't prune the fuck out for lack of interest
2. instead garnered multiple replies
3. by people who actually seem as if they've given so much as a single fuck about this garbage game at some previous point in time and
4. not simply taken one look at the OP image and instantly gathered all they need to know, which is, there is no reason whatsoever anyone should ever buy, play, or discuss it, except negatively
literally gave me cancer, twice.
>>
>>382459717
Well, i can link you to the video I watched about this game, but note, the construction gameplay parts aren't that obvious in that video
>>
>>382458475
Fortnite..

Fortnite...

This games title predicts the lasting appeal down to the day.
>>
>>382460147
Question: Why did you come into a thread for a game you have no interest in?
>>
>>382460147
Get cancer a third time.
>>
>>382460147
My brain says the same but my dick says otherwise.
>>
>>382460147
Nigga just hide the thread like haha why post in shit you dont like, I think persona is weeaboo trash but i dont haunt persona threads expressing my shitty opinion. Thanks for keepin the thread goin you a real nigga.
>>
>>382458475
It's extremely mediocre.
>>
>>382458475
It looks fun, too bad you have to buy it if you want to play any time soon.
>>
>>382460147
You will shit post in any thread you go regardless. Where were you when there was a political thread with over 350 replies?
>>
>>382459547
unique games sell like shit. survival sandbox garbage sells like fucking hotcakes
>>
>>382459441
Is the point not to build forts and survive waves of enemies?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.