[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one kinda /excite/ over this game ? ( i play

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10

File: 1146878855id5628gol1.jpg (49KB, 640x320px) Image search: [Google]
1146878855id5628gol1.jpg
49KB, 640x320px
Am I the only one kinda /excite/ over this game ?
( i play on based linux btw)
>>
>>382457717
Nop You're nop the only one what spec are u playin' mate? Dager/torch master race
>>
>>382457717
i always wandered if this game was good but people said devs raped their own game recently and made it p2w along some other terrible bullshit
>>
>>382457849
Not too sure, will probably have to play around with some shit. Kinda wanna do quarter staff
In case any of you shills don't know, this game is basically what Runescape 3.0 should have been.
Wildy griefan, lootan, killin niggers, gittin gudder
>>
File: MLK.jpg (155KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MLK.jpg
155KB, 1200x1200px
>b2p
>still has cashshop
>>
>>382458015
It's not pay to win. There's a subscription based model now, and people whined about it and spread false information that, because they went sub based, its now "p2w". Which its fuckin' not.
>>
>>382458290

/thread
>>
>>382458525
>>382458290
pls dont samefag
also, the cash shop only has visual shit you mong.
nothing that affects gameplay.
>>
>>382458706

not a samefag you loser, and "muh cosmetics" doesnt make it any better, if you buy the game to begin with all content should be included
>>
>>382459215
yet when the game launches you'll buy it, go out into the wild, get cucked and your shit taken, and go cry about how bad of a game it is.

fuckin casual degenerate.
>>
>>382459215
>>382458290
the is no cosmetic, the only items you can gets are either by buying the game and are 2 mounts you'll keep for 3 days at best and a item set totally useless you'll throw away after playing 2 hours either by recommending the game to friends and get a mount even more useless than the 2 previous mentioned.

The only thing you can buy is gold and it's to pay your subscription(though it can be trade for silver that is the official money in the game, that's the p2w thing)
>>
>>382459376
kek i am so fucking hyped to lure people
>will trim armor!!
>>
File: 463.jpg (14KB, 181x236px) Image search: [Google]
463.jpg
14KB, 181x236px
>Oh I wonder what this game is?
>Albion Online is a sandb-

Aren't you people tired of constantly falling for the EPIC OPEN WORLD SANDBOX MMO THIS ONE WILL BE DIFFERENT THIS TIME I SWEAR!!!!!!! shit?
>>
File: IMG_2800.jpg (61KB, 400x505px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2800.jpg
61KB, 400x505px
>Be me
>Want to be a merchant
>want nothing to do with combat
>Forced into combat by other players who want to raid my cart

If I, as a merchant, am forced into combat but those who only want to do combat aren't forced into being a merchant, what's the Fucking point of the game? Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>382460365
>not paying people to protect you if you wanna play pacifist.
>being this dumb
>>382460283
its not what you think... look into it more.
>>
>>382460713
>Be pacifist
>Have to pay extra gold to play merchant
>Be bandit
>Don't have to pay extra gold to play bandit

Good game designing you're defending there.
To add to that, what's stopping someone from double crossing me and killing me?
>>
>>382460063
>bringing back luring from runescape days

the new generation of plebs are about to get the dick
>>
>>382457717
I'm ready to start playing but trying not to think about it so the wait is easier. I hope it will be a good game and hope it lasts for me long enough until Ashes of Creation comes out (and I hope AoC is a good game)
>>
Oh look, a game where much higher level characters can gank and loot and harass new players who just started.
/V/ WILL defend this.
>>
>>382460365
>>382461017
>These are the babies that devs now cater too.
>>
>>382461245
Come up with a fair system then maybe?
Why should I, as someone who doesn't want to or isn't interested in combat, be forced into it when those who are only interested in combat or have no interest in being merchants not forced into being mercantile?
>>
>>382460365
>>382461017
..What? Do you think Merchants in real life don't have to pay for protection?

Merchants in real life also pay taxes. That's just the way the world works man. This game has trade routes and geography, if you want to be a merchant you have to consider the risks and prepare ahead of time. That is the cost of doing business. If there were no risks involved then you could just walk from town to town and transport goods infinitely, meaning everyone would do it and you wouldn't make a profit. You do realize that you can pass the cost of the goods on to the consumer right?
>>
>>382461187
This so much. One guild of autists who play 24/7 is just going to take over everything and fuck over everyone else within a week. There's no point in playing.
>>
>>382461364
And what's stopping max leveled players from saying they'll defend me just to gank and rob me as soon as I leave town?
>>
>>382461347
Because the world is based on violence and if you don't like it you can play Barbie Horse Racing.
The game world is designed around power structures and maintaining territory, did you think you would be able to walk around willy nilly in a game like that? Btw you aren't forced into combat at all, that is what your fucking guild is for. Gee it's almost like this game requires teamwork!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>382459685
This is a long post. So basically you're saying
>it's not pay2win
>but it is
Right?
>>
>>382461460
What's stopping your mom from saying she'll cook dinner but then fall asleep and cook nothing, leaving you hungry?

What's stopping a meteor from falling on your head right now and killing you?

What's stopping your brother from stabbing you?

You can ask all these gay questions but if you build relationships with people it is pretty rare that they will randomly go rogue and decide to kill everything around them. Why would your own guild betray and kill their best money-producer when protecting him will make them much more money in the long run? You are illogical.
>>
>>382461476
>Realism
>In a video game
>>
>>382461187
>>382461386
Doubtful, the game is literally fucking ENORMOUS.
Also, stop being such a damn casual. Challenges are fun, risk is fun.
>>
Currently watching this now that I seen this thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWktvC7KVQ0

No idea if it's worth watching; I'm just linking it because I'm sure others don't know anything about this game.
>>
File: luger-imperial-1.jpg (65KB, 600x411px) Image search: [Google]
luger-imperial-1.jpg
65KB, 600x411px
>>382461017
GET INTO A GUILD YOU DUMB FUCK. HOLY SHIT! THIS IS WHAT AN M.M.O. IS!!!!!!!!!! MY FUCKING GOD! HOW DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THE FIRST CONCEPT OF M.M.O.R.P.G.? IT IS TEAMWORK AND WORKING TOGETHER TO ACHIEVE THINGS YOU CAN'T DO INDIVIDUALLY!!!!!!!!!!

fucking christ this is why MMOs suck today because these fags want to do everything by themselves like an autistic loser, for some reason. How is that even fun? To play an MMO and never interact with other people and just build money for no reason even though you have no guild to grow with. How can anyone find that fun?
>>
File: p01bfjpf.jpg (32KB, 357x401px) Image search: [Google]
p01bfjpf.jpg
32KB, 357x401px
>It's a /v/ falls for Sandbox MMO #23840757 thread
>>
>>382461839
>like an autistic loser

Gee, it's almost like that's the kind of person that would want to play an mmo in the first place.
>>
>>382461723
Who mentioned a single fuck about realism? I said the entire game structure is based on this territory system and maintaining control of territories. You walk in and say "DURR I WANT TO WALK EVERYWHERE I WANT AND BE AN EPIC MERCHANT ANYWHERE I WANT WITH ZERO RISKS AND SELL MY GOODS IN ENEMY TERRITORY WITH ZERO RISKS AND 100% SAFETY!!!! WHY IS THIS GAME SO SHIT BECAUSE I CAN'T DO THAT????? WOW 0/10!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I mean asking if you're retarded, at this point, would be simply rhetorical
>>
>Have to join guild of nobodies who never even talk to each other, have to pay extra gold, have to rely on the hope the people you hired won't kill you, have to be forced into combat

Gee, sounds like being a merchant will be super fun guys!

Or you know, I could just gank a lower level than me and steal it all.
>>
Why not just play RuneScape
>>
>>382461854
I think you should look more into this one.
The gameplay and combat look fun as shit, and the risk / reward of wilderness area's brings me back to the glory days of Runescape
>>
File: IMG_3369.jpg (19KB, 238x192px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3369.jpg
19KB, 238x192px
>>382461968
You did, dumbass. When you compared the game mechanics to real life.
>>
>>382462115
But I didn't do that.
>>
>>382462025
because this game is taking the good ideas from Runescape and building something better.
>>
I bought a founder pack when this first released, and quickly lost interest. What's changed?
>>
Oh boy, I sure do want to be a fucking miner while the rest of my guild goes out and does all the fun cool shit. I can't wait to log into a glorified job for 12 hours a day. A job that I have to pay for!
>>
>>382457717
you are
Been waiting for this game to come out since 2014

those fucking jews are asking to pay to test an alpha game for 3 years now.
It doesnt even look good for 2017, it's mobile tier shit
>>
>>382457717
I'll give it a hoot my enjoyment will be correlated tightly with p2w status of it.
>>
>>382462171
"Because the world is based on violence" -In response as to why combat is forced upon players who don't want it to be

You just compared the game mechanic to real life stating that you MUST fight in the game because you MUST fight IRL
>>
File: 1444414148115.gif (863KB, 433x358px) Image search: [Google]
1444414148115.gif
863KB, 433x358px
>>382462021
>walk up to rock and start smacking it with pickaxe
>sell my rocks
>go smack the rock
>sell my rocks
>go smack the rock
>sell my rocks
>go smack the rock
>sell my rocks
>go smack the rock
>sell my rocks

That's what you want eh? You just want to be anti-social in an MMO, click a rock and then sell it automatically for the highest price without any risks. WOW that sounds much more exciting and fun than a system that has multiple pressures, risks, rewards, requires teamwork and collaboration, planning, strategy, and some skill.

Yes mate let's scrap the entire game and replace it with your idea where there are no pressures and we just walk up to a rock and click it repeatedly and then walk to the town and click "sell" then walk back to the rock. I want to play that game definitely!
>>
>>382462314
I mean, thats kinda what they were trying to do though.
The graphics aren't supposed to be AAA tier.
They are also developing a mobile version for phones, that will be connected to the same PC Servers. So that say, you are away from PC, and want to go mine shit / make money on your phone... you can do that... or if you are confident in your phone's hardware, and not scared of lag spikes causing you to die, go out and kill niggers on your phone
>>
File: 1478631455859.png (72KB, 211x244px) Image search: [Google]
1478631455859.png
72KB, 211x244px
>>382462352
Clearly I was talking about the game world you dumb fucking retardiot. I even said "game world" explicitly in the next sentence.

You really think I was talking about the real world and modern society? How would modern society be "based on violence?" Modern society is based on driving your Toyota Corolla to a shitty desk job and then eating mcdonalds at home. There is no violence at all in modern society and if there ever is, it is stamped out immediately and heavily punished.

How can you fucking be so dumb?
>>
>tfw sailing across the ocean to sell a trade pack on another continent on ArcheAge alone
God, that was a rush.
Did end up getting fucked right outside the harbor of the city I was going to though.
>>
>>382462526
Yeah, because
>go smack the rock
>Other players smack you and take rock
Sounds like a much better game.
>>
>>382457717
>online

>Am I the only one
yes
>>
>>382462789
If you don't like it then don't play it. Leave this thread.
>>
>>382459685
how much you get paid shill? hook me up
>>
>>382462789
I can't imagine where you think the fun comes from in "being a merchant" if there are no risks involved at all. Where do you think the challenge should come from?
>>
>>382457717

is this your first shill thread?

putting random words between forward slashes doesn't mean anything, thats not how people do it

I have no clue why you mentioned Linux, this isn't /g/

Tell Mr. Goldenstein to get his shit together
>>
>>382463129
Go away man.
>>
>>382460365
>be store owner
>want to live a peaceful life
>armed crackhead walks in and shoots you in the face for the $30 in the cash register
>>
>Platforms: Android, iOS, Microsoft Windows, Linux, macOS
>literally a mobile game
top kek
saged
>>
>>382458290
>thinking you can finance a b2p MMO without a cash shop
Are you literally 14?
>>
>>382462741
It's still based on violence anon. Guess where the money that your company is laundering came form? Guess what kind of conflict happened to get the farming land that your beef is grown on?

We're just a 1st word nation, so we're detached from it all. We don't see the forests being slash, burned, and fought over to create pastures. We don't see the governments of other nations slaughtering farmers and taking their land to give to corporations for strip mining.
>>
>>382463483
dont get these devs that want the game die on day 1.
>>
>>382463561
Stop autistically changing the subject. I BTFO your argument and poor reading comprehension.
>>
File: 1497673494363.jpg (29KB, 318x341px) Image search: [Google]
1497673494363.jpg
29KB, 318x341px
>buy founders edition
>only $100 goy
>the mounts you receive from it can be looted
>>
>try to set up account
>tells me to buy a code

where's my trial? fuck you OP.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.