[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious question Why Egypt in the new Assassin's Creed Origins

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

Serious question
Why Egypt in the new Assassin's Creed Origins looks like old kingdom?
During time period game takes place in, country was under greeks and was full of greek culture
>>
>>382453069
Yeah. One more thing that annoys me is the size of the golden pyramid top, there's no way they were that large, they were at least 3/4 of that size.
>>
It's during the rise of Cleopatra's reign, all that shit you mentioned is not done yet amd is still taking place.

Also AC has always taken some liberties with its settings for gameplay reasons and it's better this way.
>>
>>382453069
WE
>>
>>382453069
They're taking liberty with the historical accuracy part. I mean, Wasn't the protag fighting a giant snake in one of the trailers?

And honestly, I'm fine with that. The closer the A.C. games got to the present, the more historically accurate they tried to be. In my opinion, that's what made those games seem a but duller.
The further back you go, the more "wiggle room" you can have.
>>
>>382453418
Might not be the Khufu pyramid, might even be an entirely fictional one. The one in the OP has a normal golden top
>>
>>382453705
WUZ
>>
>>382453776 Khufu's would look a lot worse by that time also.
>>
desu the greeks probably didn't break the old kingdom's cultures entirely, they more just influenced.
>>
>>382453820
ASSINS
>>
>>382453598
Being off by 25 centuries is a little more than taking some liberties.
>>
>>382453069
Greek administrators doesn't mean the entire country started speaking Greek, anon.

It's like when the Normans ruled England.
>>
>>382453820
>>382453705
>>382454101
FILTHY FUCKING PIGSKIN CRACKERS
>>
>>382453727
But AC 1 is by far the most boring one in the series.
>>
>>382454112
In Egypt case, it does
They didn't run naked in funny hats and used chariots
Shit bothered my autism in the first rome total war too
>>
>>382453069
Cause its a videogame and up to the creators how they want things to look? AC shouldn't be anyones goto for historical accuracy.
>>
>>382454367
You know why they did it though, the same reason every film shows Romans from 400 BC - 400 AD wearing lorica segmenticata - because it looks like what audiences expect.

When people think of Egypt they think of the way they looked in the Old, Middle and New Kingdoms, not the Ptolemaic period. It begs the question of why they went with that era I know, but probably cos it gives them invaders they can shoehorn in as ancient templars. Plus they can stick in Cleopatra this way - and presumably some kind of end-game Romans.
>>
because everyone views egypt as a sand-nigger haven. no point anyway, considering the next game is rumoured to take place in greece during the same time period.
>>
>>382453069
Do you guys actually hope this game flops? I kinda do.
>>
>>382456009
I just don't care anymore
They fucked France revolution setting so much it's not even funny. They could show how much bloody assassin's freedom could be, but nah evil nobles against peaceful peasants who beheads them
>>
>>382456369
I can't even really remember the plot from Unity - but weren't the Templars essentially behind the Revolution? Or were they just taking advantage of it?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.