[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Microsoft supporting cross-platform play >sony does not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 16

File: img.jpg (28KB, 797x368px) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
28KB, 797x368px
>Microsoft supporting cross-platform play
>sony does not

Why do we support this shit company again?
>>
>rock league on ps4 have crossplay with steam
>>
>>382447283
Everyone knows PSN's community is far worse
>>
>>382447283

SONYGGER
>>
>>382447283
They're equally as full of children. My housemates have both and I used to have a 360.
>>
>>382447283

>PCobeses

Holy kek can I use this??
>>
>>382448341
>>382448427
>>382448443

trigg'd
>>
Because they make games that I like and Microsoft does not
>>
>>382447283
>Forced
Pretty sure you can turn xcucks off. It's so all of the call of duty kids can play together regardless of console but Sony master race is seperating from the peasants
>>
>>382446825
Any leader in the competition would have done this. The fact that Microsoft had to go to Japan just to score a multi-platform title, tells you how bad their relations are. Imagine if they had won, with their anti-consumer/anti-privacy policies in place.
>>
>>382446825
Sony was doing it first though.

>>382447283
PCbros and Nintenbros are cool. Xgroids can suck a dick though.
>>
>>382446825
>Microsoft supporting cross-platform play
Microsoft supports anything if they are behind.

If they own something like Minecraft, they kill the cross-platform version for a Windows 10 exclusive phone port.
>>
Based Sony thinking #4ThePlayers
>>
>>382446825
Because playstation has the best exclusives in gaming while Microsoft is literally shit.
>>
>>382446825
Sony does. Just not with Microsoft because they were shits the last two gens and didn't allow cross-play either.
Besides, who gives two shits about minecraft?
>>
Why would they? Sony is winning.
>>
File: 1498507415448.jpg (144KB, 1317x764px) Image search: [Google]
1498507415448.jpg
144KB, 1317x764px
>>
>>382446825
>sony actually make games

i wonder why
>>
>>382449007
>sony actually make games
That's mean by Sony.
>>
Sony is a company, they have to protect their brand, especially when they're dominating this console market.

Are you too poor to buy all the systems, anon? Cross play is stupid lol
>>
>>382446825
We don't want to play with you retarded faggots
>>
Why does everyone forgot that microsoft blocked xbox cross play when RL was released?
>>
No thank you, I rather not play with Xbots or Nintenkeks anyway. Besides, M$ forces you to make an XBL account for cross-play which is pretty gay
>>
>>382448623
They mostly just pay for games to be exclusive. Except for Last Guardian I forget the last interesting game Sony themselves actually made.
>>
>>382450423
>XBL account
Yeah this is the biggest problem. Im noylt touching that even if I did play Minecraft
>>
>>382448836
>Microsoft supports anything if they are behind.
Exact same with Sony though. The company lagging in second or last is always going to try more. Right now, Sony doesn't feel threatened and doesn't give a fuck about crossplay. If they start trailing behind? Suddenly they'll be a lot more open to it and overall more pro-consumer.
>>
>>382446825
Who even wants to play with xboners?
>>
>>382450423
>>382450806
Dunno if being ironic but just kys, how is a bigger player base a bad thing? You don't want online games to have better longevity?
>>
There's a whole lotta Sony shills in here.
>>
>4chan suddenly likes multiculturalism

What happened?
>>
>>382451565
Cross platform players aren't going to flood my country and displace the natives so yeah sure it's fine in this instance
>>
>>382446825
considering sony is in the lead, crossplay only benefits microsoft
>>
File: Nd8Lj_d.jpg (31KB, 640x477px) Image search: [Google]
Nd8Lj_d.jpg
31KB, 640x477px
>>382446825
Funny Sony was the first with cross play in FF12.

Why are we hearing about cross play now? Microsoft PR. They are on the defense. Fact: cross play benefits the smaller community more. Conjecture: if Microsoft was not losing there wouldn't be any talk of cross play.
>>
>>382446825
>Microsoft supporting cross-platform play*
>*minecraft
>>
Sony is the top dawg, the number 1, the winner. why would sony share their 60 million userbase with other consoles? they're not retarded.
>>
>>382450806
I don't even know why it would matter. There are already 60 million PS4. Community is big enough to find games.
>>
>>382446825
sony are really resting on their laurels and scoring repeated own goals, they can afford to be stupid because they have an insurmountable lead this gen, but people will remember all this when the next proper gen comes around
>>
>>382446825
Imagine you have that 36 year old Ninty man-baby giving his best Mario impression in your left ear while the mouth-breathing Xfag is gargling on his Mountain Dew in your right ear...I think Sony dodged a bullet with that decision.
>>
sony supports ps4 and pc cross-play, but doesn't want to support cross-console play. Which is pretty understandable, why support your competition who can't attract players by letting them take your significantly larger playerbase and use them as a demo to say "look how many people are playing!".

It's just bad for sony and good for MS.
>>
It's a necessity of one of the sides

AFAIK sony approached first back in the PS3 days, right? and MS turned them down

Now there's no reason for sony to give MS any advantage by sharing online when they're outselling them almost 2:1

Any other reasoning is retarded. They're on top and it would only hurt them
>>
File: 6a2.png (98KB, 200x203px) Image search: [Google]
6a2.png
98KB, 200x203px
>sony protecting us from nintendo manbabies and xbox niggers

Based sony!
>>
>>382446825
Has everyone forgotten the reason why FF14 isn't on Xbone is that MS didn't want crossplay
>>
>>382454697
They also didn't want cross play with rocket league last year.
>>
Rocket league and SFV have crossplay though.
>>
Nintendo are weird bastards that you can never predict the actions of from one moment to the next. The fact they're suddenly ok with cross play on a few titles is no exception, and. I conclusions can be drawn from it. They could change their minds tomorrow, and there's no guarantee they'll be consistent with it. Besides which, it's not like they have most third party games that would warrent crossplay anyway.

MS refused crossplay when they were winning the West last gen. they also refuse crossplay with Steam, despite that being 99.9% of PC players preferred digital platform. How consistent they'll be with this stance, such as with FIFA 18, remains to be seen.

Sony offered Crossplay last gen and are fine with it on PC still, but wouldn't benefit from it with other consoles this gen, so aren't going along with it now MS suddenly feel they could benefit from it. They might relent with Nintendo at some point though, as there's less direct competition. I think that depends on if both the Switch continues to sell well and that has no effect on the PS4's sales, which certainly seems to be the case so far.

Overall though, I'd say it's a no score draw.
>>
File: Sex Genie.jpg (1012KB, 1888x1042px) Image search: [Google]
Sex Genie.jpg
1012KB, 1888x1042px
>>382448793
>Sex Genie trying to make up with PCfriends and Nintenbros
>>
>>382446825
several PS4 games have cross platform play with PC
dumbass
>>
They're ahead, they want people who's friends already own PS4's to also get a PS4 to play with them. As a consumer I'd love for all platforms to support cross-play, but Sony are obviously the ones who has the least to gain from it.
>>
>Final Fantasy XI
>Portal 2
>Rocket League
>Final Fantasy XIV
>DC Universe Online
MS were the ones who didn't want to play ball with anyone. Same with backwards compatability, Sony needed to acquire Gaikai in order to make PS3 game streaming possible on PS4 since the cell processor architecture would be hard to emulate on PS4, and then MS reveals their console always had the ability to play previous gen games. I won't use buzzwords like pro/anti-consumer but anything MS is praised for is usually retroactively implemented.
>>
Holy shit this thread. When did /v/ start sucking so much Sony cock?
>>
File: Amir0x just.png (283KB, 475x496px) Image search: [Google]
Amir0x just.png
283KB, 475x496px
>>382455740
Regular scheduled Pedogaf invasion to shill $ony that's been going on since 2007
>>
>>382455893
Newfags don't remember that Sony Defense Force was a joke/parody, meanwhile Xbox Republic was an actual place full of fanboys. There are definitely Sonyfags around the Internet but few on 4chan compared to normie sites like Neogaf and IGN
>>
File: 56qe154w146713.jpg (25KB, 300x299px) Image search: [Google]
56qe154w146713.jpg
25KB, 300x299px
>>382446825
>failing console to support crossplay
sony doesn't have to. microsoft didn't do it last gen even though sony was in favor of it. times have changed.
>>
File: 01.07.2012.jpg (33KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
01.07.2012.jpg
33KB, 400x300px
>>382456213
>Implying SDF was a parody
>>
I have a PC and PS4, I had a 3ds but that went to shit and ill probably get another one soon, I just don't feel like i need an xbox one, The switch will probably grow on me in time though.
>>
>>382452363
why is Mikoto so sexy, bros?
>>
File: 121138695500.jpg (2MB, 4200x3000px) Image search: [Google]
121138695500.jpg
2MB, 4200x3000px
>>
>Microsoft doesn't support used games
>"wtf I love sony now"

>sony doesn't support crossplay
>"wtf I love microsoft now"

>all three support pay2play online, but Nintendo makes it slightly cheaper
>"wtf I love Nintendo now"

Just keep dancing to the tune of the corporate pied pipers. Can't wait until paid mods come back and people start accept- oh wait, even they had the sense to not allow that crap.
>>
>>
More things should be crossplay by now, individual consoles don't offer much benefit over other consoles and the services suck. Small multiplayer games would benefit the most from this, like fighting games and indie mp.

>>382455287
MS has had crossplay for Rocket League for a while now. The issue is the game devs have to host their own servers and some type of account system in order for different platforms to interface with each other.
>>
>>382448531
Its all yours my friend
>>
>copy with nothing to lose doing a thing
Vs
>copy with everything to lose doing a thing

No imagine of you will a MS where Xbone had of been successful from day one.
>>
>>382446825
Sony has more players than both MS and N combined, no wonder they don't want to share their playerbase with those losers who had to join forces to be even ably to dream about competing with Sony.

If MS and N had more players they wouldn't have joined.
>>
File: 1498881454545.jpg (78KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1498881454545.jpg
78KB, 900x675px
>>382446825
>forces the non-Xbox players to use XBL
>>
>>382446825
Back in the last gen when 360 was the leader for multiplats, Sony wanted cross network play but Microsoft shut them down.
Now that the shoe is on the other foot, Sony turned them down.

Also completely independent of that feud, but for Minecraft cross platform play you need an Xbox live ID which Sony would never okay.
>>
>>382446825
>puts games on windows store
>same game on steam
>can't play with one another

Niiiccceee
>>
>>382449006
>>382449006
>>382449006

conveniently ignored
>>
>>382447283
You just proved how toxic you are sinycuck
>>
>>382459360
So? you need a EA Account for Ea access games
you need a ubisoft acount for their store
you need a gweent account for Gwent cross platform
You need a xbox live account to play a microsoft game (minecraft) in cross platform
Are you perhaps a retard?
>>
>>382454697
Most have. The difference there was when they signed that deal they didn't think they'd be completely trampled in sales and would maintain a lead, or bare minimum be neck and neck with Sony.
I like how last gen they were totally adamant against crossplay with the 1 exception of FFXI (which they only did to gain favor in the Japan market) and it was only after their numbers hit less than 1 Xbone per at least 2 PS4s that crossplay suddenly matters to them.
>>
>>382455056
>http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-13-sony-defends-decision-to-block-cross-play-with-xbox-one-and-nintendo-switch
>Rocket League was announced as working cross-platform between Switch, Xbox and PC.
What are you talking about?

>>382454697
Microsoft had a different CEO since 2014 and different way of doing things now.
>>
>>382446825
Because they have games I want to play.
Microsoft doesn't, so I couldn't give less of a shit if they have crossplay or not.
>>
>>382450547
Bloodborne was co-developed by Sony.
TLG and GR2 were both Sony first party.
>>
>>382461635
LAST year. When rocket league was at the height of it's popularity, microsoft refused crossplay because it was crossplay with PS4 already, on the PC release. Suddenly now they don't mind it.

People seem to forget the bullshit MS had on exclusive content. If games had exclusive content on other platforms microsoft wouldn't allow it to launch on theirs without exclusives of it's own. That's why MK9 had that weird shit.
>>
File: DontBurnMeBro.jpg (179KB, 1500x1300px) Image search: [Google]
DontBurnMeBro.jpg
179KB, 1500x1300px
>>382446825
I love this new brainwashing narrative that shits like you eat up.
Sony has been doing cross-play since PS2. Only months after PS4's release it already has a cross-plat game (FF14)

This new "cross-plat" meme isn't neutral cross-plat gaming. It's MS trying to put their service everywhere. You NEED a Xbox account to play cross plat on all platforms. Once Switch gets RocketLeague you'll need to create a Xbox account and sign-in to that account from your Switch in order to play it cross-plat.
It's not about Sony being stubborn, because they have done cross-plat just as much as anyone else, rather it's MS pushing their shit onto everyone else. My guess is that Nintendo accepts this because their online has historically not been that good and this service doesn't use their servers.

If you support this new "cross-plat" push you're willing to take it up the ass and play through MS's services and accounts no matter your platform. While the cross-plat we've always had from other parties doesn't require it at all. If you are a FF14 or StreetFighter5 player on PC you might not even know it's cross-plat with PS4 because you don't need to make a Sony account.
>>
File: boi.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
boi.webm
2MB, 960x540px
>>382449006
no one likes the psn fags in rocket league though.

even the fucking bone players are better and they have had the game for less fucking time
>>
File: 1497459694413.png (1MB, 1989x746px) Image search: [Google]
1497459694413.png
1MB, 1989x746px
>>382464195
>>
File: 1291665587654.png (83KB, 863x792px) Image search: [Google]
1291665587654.png
83KB, 863x792px
>>382464195
>b-but you guys you have to maek xbawks lieeve account REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

thorougly ignores fact that you have to have accounts for shit like OVERWATCH, MMOS, uplay shit etc
its fucking free and a majority of people already have a microsoft account on their pc , which is the same fucking thing
>>
>>382464956
You don't need ANY of those things on consoles though. You can boot up overwatch and play without ever linking to a blizzard account. MMOs, sure, but all the decent MMOs have automatic account creation if you so choose, that just links to your PSN/xbl account. Uplay just gives dumb extra shit and it's log in once and you log in automatically on every other game.

Having to log in to XBL every time I want to play an online game because of "crossplay" is kinda annoying, unless i'm playing on xbox already, or they make it store cookies or something like that.
>>
>>382464956
Yes you need to make a Blizzard account to play Blizzard games and a SquareEnix account to play SquareEnix online games. Sony's crossplay doesn't change anything, while MS's crossplay mandates that you create ANOTHER account on TOP of those accounts. You need 2 accounts per game regardless of publisher or platform.

>a majority of people already have a microsoft account on their pc
What the fuck are you even talking about? Barely anyone uses MS's store. The vast majority use Steam, Blizzard and the odd client (like League of Legends), that's it.
>>
>>382465248
if you are on wang blows 10, which a ton of normies are your CD KEY is actually tied to an email account , an account which you can use on any windows pc with that login info
>>
>>382464195
>>382464956
You don't even need an Xbox account on PC. I've literally played Rocket League with my Xbone cousin without one. Unless thy're changing that just for PC/Xbox/Switch crossplay or something.
>>
>>382465461
>if you are on wang blows 10
Well that's the first problem in that Anon's logic. It assumes anyone would have W10

And that's just for W10 PC gamers specifically that don't need to worry about making another account they don't want to, because it was forced onto them. But what about non-W10 PC players and non-Xbone console players? They still need to create an acount.
>>
>>382465550
Wait, I was boldly assuming this was in regards to Rocket League.
It is true, you need to download Minecraft Windows 10 edition to crossplay. Sorry
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.