[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can Capcom appease both the horror crowd and the action crowd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: ResidentEvilSeries.jpg (95KB, 1024x652px) Image search: [Google]
ResidentEvilSeries.jpg
95KB, 1024x652px
How can Capcom appease both the horror crowd and the action crowd at the same time?
RE7 was great and most of who played the old games loved it but those in the action crowd mostly hated it.

The same thing goes around to RE6 most in the action crowd love it with some saying its the best one while most of the horror crowd hates it.

So how can Capcom make this series work for both those who want horror and those who want action?
Also just to be clear I love both action and horror the only RE game I didn't care for too much was 6.
>>
>>382445219
In the way everyone and their mothers already told how...numbered titles=horror,revelations series=action
>>
>>382446175
The revelations series were supposed to be horror. They certainly didn't appeal to action fans due to the gunplay that was a massive step down from the crazy hollywood gun fu bullshit that you could do in RE6/
>>
By telling the action fans to fuck off and the "we want the outlast audience" to go fuck itself because none of the games were good.

Resident evil 1-4 may you rest in peace.(you to Veronica X and 0)
>>
>>382446815
>we want the outlast audience
Did you even play 7?
>>
>>382446175
revelations needs to step up the action then my problem with the revelations games is that they feel like they can't decided if they want to be all out horror or action games.
In turn it makes them feel kind of weak.
>>
>>382447062
Nope he is the special snowflake roleplaying as a oldfag...just ignore the shitter
>>
>>382446432
>>382447183
Thats Why they need to make the division clear...one action and one horror series
>>
Should I get re6 solely for gameplay? Co-op and mercs look fun. I just want to have fun. Is it fun?
>>
>>382449272
Well it might be a bit fun if your in a good mood just do not expect RE4 heck not even 5
>>
Best classic Resi game: 2/REmake
Best action Resi game: 4/Revelations 2

Who thinks otherwise? I think that everyone will agree with me on that
>>
>>382449820
Pretty much with excepcion of REv2 that i find kinda clunky...i would trade for RE5
>>
>>382450170
Lost in Nightmares > Rev2 >>>>>>>>>> 5 to be honest
>>
>>382446432
I thought that Rev 1 and 2 were superior to 6 in terms of shooting
>>
>>382449820
Agreed
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.