[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one get back to first Witcher game after spending lot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: 664-1-1383318713.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
664-1-1383318713.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
How does one get back to first Witcher game after spending lot of time with Witcher 3? It seems like it aged like a milk, am I wrong?
>>
File: guruld.jpg (64KB, 413x634px) Image search: [Google]
guruld.jpg
64KB, 413x634px
>>382440031
>am I wrong?

Yes.
>>
Loved W1, didn't even bother finishing W3

W1 is fantastic, you just have to give it a real chance
>>
File: 13427458943.gif (855KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
13427458943.gif
855KB, 500x280px
>>382440031
>How does one get back to first Witcher game after spending lot of time with Witcher 3?
You download it from GOG and start playing.
>>
The first game's play was a decent diablo clone and the narrative grinds to a halt occasionally. It was the second game that has aged poorly.
>>
File: 1498846742578.jpg (105KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1498846742578.jpg
105KB, 1920x1080px
It was always kinda clunky and it obviously doesn't have as high production values, but it has a number of truly outstanding qualities such as music and atmosphere, and generally displays the kind of design that many people find more agreeable (it actually feels like a proper RPG rather than a well-made but ultimately kinda generic AAA game complete with bamham vision and other shit).

Many people (myself included) actually like the original better. An often recommended practise is to play until the finale of the first act and if that seems interesting, play it to the finish. The story picks up in Act 2 although it has major pacing issues, but those get better in Act 3 and Acts 4 and 5 are universally considered to be by far the best and having shilled TW1 a lot, I've never seen anyone who played up to that point (whether or not they loved the game from the very beginning or struggled a bit) and not liked the game in the end.
>>
>>382441782
This
It's the first game of a studio which haven't made a game before in a country that isn't really known for making them. At the time when it was made, it was pretty badly optimized and needed a lot of polish, they then made the enhanced version and the game became a success partly because of it, and is shsowed that they had the ingredients to create a good rpg with a lore that's pretty grim compared to a lot of the stuff at the time, before Game of thrones and stuff like that become such a mainstream thing. It was ahead of its time in terms of a lot of things.

But the atmosphere of that game is incredible. Only few games manage to capture the feel playing this game have. It has the kind of problems a budget game like this have, and it struggles sometimes to get the narrative part going, as has been noted. But it feels the most like how the shortstories that Sapkowski wrote do, and I always thought those were the most interesting parts of his writing within the book series.
>>
>>382441782
But I played Witcher 1, it's many years ago, but I did. I am just asking if the mechanics aren't worse than in Witcher 3 since I don't remember it much, I think I got to last act but never managed to complete it.
>>
>>382441617
>diablo clone

Confirmed for not actually playing Witcher 1.

>>382440031
Witcher 1's first two areas are really not that fun at all to play. It really isn't until you get to the Temple Quarter of Vizima do things really pick up. The real thing that separated Witcher 3 from the other two games is that it is fun from the beginning, where the other two are not but become really great games after you leave the first or second area.
>>
>>382442859
The gameplay is completely different. I wouldn't say they're worse, but some people dislike the way the first one plays.

You have to time attacks to create a series of blade flurries, so it's not as action oriented as the next two games in the series. If that answers your question.
>>
>>382442859
The mechanics of Witcher 1 are an entirely different game. It would probably wouldn't be fair to compare them.

>>382443223
has the best answer.
>>
>>382441782
>story picks up in Act 2 although it has major pacing issues
I dropped the game there because the story was constantly grinding to a halt with areas feeling like senseless mazes. For all the dev's initial crowing about there being no good or evil in the dialog choices, most dialog trees boiled down to good, bad, and internet superhero. The second game fixed a lot of this.

>>382442598
>a country that isn't really known for making them
True only if you weren't paying attention, Poland was already accumulating a reputation with groups like People Can Fly, City Games, and a few offshoots, and this was before Epic setup a proper shop there.
>>
File: 1488989640901.jpg (19KB, 540x489px) Image search: [Google]
1488989640901.jpg
19KB, 540x489px
>>382440031
I milked you're aged mom last night m8.
>>
Yes you are wrong. It's a timeless classic
>>
>>382441617
>diablo clone
fuck I hate this board
>>
File: 1496003645085.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496003645085.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
>>382444048
>le oldfag le so buttmad about proper terminology le not roguelike but roguelite or roguelikelike
lol
faggot
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.