[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't I get into any other JRPGs besides Pokemon and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Why can't I get into any other JRPGs besides Pokemon and Persona? Do I not just like the genre? Why do I like those 2 franchises then?

I finished FF7 and FF10 and I honestly don't get why this franchise is so popular. I thought Chrono Trigger was much better than both of these.
I tried Ni No Kuni, but dropped it pretty early. Finished Tales of Xillia and thought was mediocre. Dropped Xenoblade Chronicles since it was boring.

Are there any other "good" JRPGs I should try?
>>
>>382434129
JRPGs are pretty bad and gay, filled with cliche storylines. I'm still searching for one that is better than the Rance series.
>>
>>382434129
Play World of Final Fantasy if you have a Vita or PS4, it's pretty much a traditional Final Fantasy ATB game with a monster catching mechanic and some additional battle mechanics like "stacking" which make it pretty interesting.
>>
>>382434129
persona and pokemon are fun grindfests with a neat but cliched and repetitive story
Games like FF are supposed to be mostly story driven but they are written so poorly and lack good waifus therefore end up being a lot worse
>>
>>382434129
>Do I not just like the genre? Why do I like those 2 franchises then?
Probably because they're very different from traditional JRPGs.
>>
>>382434613
Don't listen to this guy. The story is made for children and the difficulty is so easy you can literally press auto attack, walk away, and come back to a victory. Only difficult part is post game content.
>>
>>382434129
>dropped xenoblade chronicles because it was boring

You might have ADHD or possibly just shit taste op.
>>
>>382434752
>The story is made for children and the difficulty is so easy
so, perfect for someone that only enjoys Persona and Pokemon then?
>>
>>382434869
Touch, anon. But the characters are insufferable. I can only hear Lann say "what the honk?" so many times before it grows tired.
>>
Etrian Odyssey
>>
File: Reynn_Nomura_Art.png (501KB, 429x999px) Image search: [Google]
Reynn_Nomura_Art.png
501KB, 429x999px
>>382434919
You can always download the Jap voice pack
>>
>>382434354
Baten Kaitos, you're welcome
>>
You're addicted to the monster collection element.
>>
Can someone please suggest me a JRPG with serious characters and story?
>>
>>382434857
This, I'm leaning towards both and this >>382435249
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.