[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>adults are evil and just keeping us kids down How do they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 211
Thread images: 25

File: persona5.jpg (227KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
persona5.jpg
227KB, 1280x720px
>adults are evil and just keeping us kids down

How do they believe this? Don't they realize adults are just old kids? Meanwhile these guys are just brainwashing people they don't like for internet fame and money. Phantom Thieves are the real villain, right?
>>
No, that's just good oldschool anarchy / teen rebelling.

I pity the "adults" who've totally forgotten their entire childhood, or never had any. Those people tend to be total pricks, literal no-fun-allowed enablers.
>>
>>382428401
That's literally /v/
>>
>>382428289
Go look at how many of the social links are adults and read the stupid shit you just typed again.

They're not brainwashing people, they're resolving their deepseated issues. The personality change is a side-effect. Goro brainwashes people, using a very different method.
>>
>>382428289
>missing the point
It's not about adults, but the way Japanese society is fundamentally fucked. I mean, the game basically spells it out for you that you'd need literal magic to fix the social issues in the country.
>>
>>382428605
resolving someones "deepseated issues" against their will by inceptioning into their mind and killing/stealing parts of their subconscious is brainwashing
>>
>>382428289
I think it's heavily routed into Japanese society, where seniority is king, and it is a big problem. So I think it's lost on other cultures. I will say P5 did a pretty bad job in the story telling department though.
>>
File: 1496414625459.jpg (59KB, 749x750px) Image search: [Google]
1496414625459.jpg
59KB, 749x750px
So I finished this today. Should I bother with the NG+ or just play something else?
>>
>>382428789
Other than the Twin fight there's really nothing going for NG+.
>>
>>382428764
Except it's not actually against their will. It only works when the person chooses to change themselves. Forcing a change or killing them is what Goro does.
>>
>>382428789
Play something different I'd say. Persona games do not lend themselves well to immediate replays.
>>
>>382428289
The game is an over the top allegory for how shifty Japan is. It's so mired in the worst kind of conservative hell that the only way to address it is with biased, one sided, cartoon writing.

Only visit, never stay there.
>>
>a rapist
>Someone who let a woman died to steal her painting
>A corporate fat cat that was abusing employees and assassinating the competition
>Dindu nuffin!
You're just a shitty adult anon
>>
>Teacher who assaults students and makes sexual advances on them

>b-b-but he didn't do nothing! Those punk kids are being too biased! They know nothing of the adult world

yeah how bout you fuck right off

Nothing the Phantom Thieves did was wrong
>>
File: 1475485231864.jpg (182KB, 866x733px) Image search: [Google]
1475485231864.jpg
182KB, 866x733px
No. Japanese adult life is absolute cancer. If I was a japanese kid I'd GTFO as soon as possible.
>>
>>382429293
>>382429459
that's sort of the point. They write adults to who would basically be okay, or questionable, and then kind of cram in something extremely evil. Cheap stupid writing, they want to make sure nobody doubts their heros intentions.

It's like if in Star Wars they had to make the Emperor turn out to be a kid diddler because they were worried you might think he was alright.
>>
>>382429771
The protagonist's intention was always staying out of shit, they had no choice until Okamura.
>>
>>382428289
What if you were to give this game to, say, twenty... intelligent people i mean, what would that do? Let's face it what would it do?
>>
That's not the message at all. The message is that evil adults are evil, and the rest are partially guilty for not standing up to them. Which is entirely 100% accurate to reality.
>>
>>382429849
After finishing the first palace, I was sure they were going to do that, the plot would have some bullshit reason where ANOTHER adult comes and forces them into it. But no, it was always just assumed they would keep on phantom thieving, without giving an explanation. And they agreed, they openly stated, they would seek out celebrity targets so that it would generate more attention
>>
>>382428919
>Except it's not actually against their will.
Yes, Shido totally wanted to change. That's why he even went so far as to kill himself to prevent the change.
>>
>>382428474
What are you talking about? /v/ is 100% children and manchildren
>>
>>382429293
>>382429459
I find that most people do't disagree with the premise of the story (which is the insane culture in Japan), but with how it's presented/told. Basically what irked me and seemingly many other people is that P5 takes serious issues, but then solves it/waves it away with magical bullshit. Also the fact that the antagonist for each month has to be so cartoonishly evil to paint the Protags as the ultimate good, even though what they're doing is morally grey at best. The only humanisation of the antagonists is after you beat them in which you get a block of "I was treated like shit too" which is very bad writing, plus incredibly formulaic, and grating after a while.

If P5 was less formulaic in handling each month and the antagonists, I doubt as many people would be criticising it. Plus if the writing team spread the "I was treated like shit too" moment throughout the palaces as visual elements, treasure, notes, random ramblings of the mind etc. rather than as just one block of "feel sorry for me!", the writing would've improved greatly.

Honestly my main disappointment with P5 can be summed up into Atlus played the game too safe in everything from gameplay to story. It's annoying to see a good concept wasted on a story that played it safe.
>>
with some characters, such as Kamoshida, it seems like they wrote a nice likeable alpha guy, and then wrote a bunch of betacucks distorted image of him. They are the ones projecting the castle/crown onto him, not himself. And of course it can't just be that the athletes just are pushing themselves, he is physically abusing them and forcing them to keep quiet, and that the women aren't actually interested in him (even though IRL they would be all over him), he has to threaten them into dating him
>>
>>382430395
His shadow not himself
>>
you guys nit-pick too much just to shit post about a game
>>
>>382432780
Nah man, he literally temporarily kills himself to collapse his palace.
>>
>>382428401
>never had a childhood
>just a shut in my entire life who was made fun of by my family, friends, and classmates
>grow up alone with the internet as my parent
>become a fun loving and easy going guy
>not offended by anything, can get along with anyone even if its hitler
>never get attached to anything stupid
>have incredibly thick skin
>as an adult I'm starting to forget a lot of the thoughts and ideas that kept me going
>say fuck it, I'll just create new ones and try and stay positive
I just think the problem is people, not the circumstances.
>>
I just finished this and WHY THE FUCK DO GETTINGS STATS TOO SLOW? I couldn't even START Makoto's, Futaba's and Mifumi's confidants until near the end of the game. Do I really have to NG+ ?
>>
>>382433208

Yes. just take a break from the game for a while and come back thats what i did for P4G and P5
>>
File: 1479020931573.png (64KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1479020931573.png
64KB, 400x240px
Those kids will learn there lesson one day
>>
>>382433001
Not talking about the killing thing, but the desire to change came from his shadow not himself
>>
>>382433208
>Do I really have to NG+ ?
Yes, unless you want to play the game on a very strict timetable with no room for error checking a guide for every day of the game you play.

Usually the first playthrough you focus on maxing out your social stats so you can go into the NG+ with only S.Links to do.
>>
>>382433208
I did this game 3 times in a row (what a blast), you'll get used to it
>>
I'll copy and paste what I said on /pg/.

>They only become the good guys in the Mementos Depths, when they realize that changing hearts is the opposite of their message: freedom.

>Then, later in the game, the attack that kills the Demiurge is Sinful Shell, an attack made out of the Seven Deadly Sins. The same sins that we were persecuting others for the whole game, we embrace and use as a weapon.
>>
>>382433470
>3 times in a row
how did you not get sick of it?
>>
>>382428289
Well yeah, persona protagonists are Lucifer's chosen ones. Edgy teens who will go down the Chaos route thinking they are doing the right thing. (And killing the goddess in the process)
>>
>>382428789
I started a NG+ run, and even skipping all the cutscenes and fastforwarding all the dialogue, it'll still take like another 30 hours to get to the parts of the game where you can actually do the shit you want. P5 takes fucking forever to open up. Basic features don't unlock until like 2/3rds of the way through the game.
>>
>>382433695
I had fun honestly, first time i discovered the game, second i made all the slink and stuff and third was a solo run with minmaxing personas.
>>
>>382430083

Morgana wanted to keep doing it so he could discover the depths of Mementos

Ryuji was enjoying the thrill of being admired and not loathed for once, while Ann was having fun too

So they do the second job because they were enjoying the attention. Yusuke and Makoto stick around for the ride because they're just glad to be part of something.

Heist 3 starts because Makoto's blackmailing them, Heist 4 starts because Futaba blackmails them, Heist 5 is them being played by Shido, where they're getting too big for themselves. Okumura dying at the end is the humbling point, it drags them back down to earth.

the only one where it's questionable why they continued was Madarame, and that was basically 'we heard rumours he was a twat, and we had fun last time playing heroes, so we'll investigate'
>>
>>382433898
>third was a solo run with minmaxing personas.
You mean you played through with only MC or something?
>>
>>382429592
This.
Westerners will never understand how fucked up Japan is.
Especially Europe, with their 10 hour work weeks and 6 months vacation time.
>>
>>382433965
>the only one where it's questionable why they continued was Madarame, and that was basically 'we heard rumours he was a twat, and we had fun last time playing heroes, so we'll investigate'
This is something Sae asks you when she visits you in your detention at the end of the game, and there even is an intern monologuue in MC's head telling him "yeah if you didn't met shido at the buffet (before madarame) phantom thieves may have stopped" and you realize that it was destiny that pushed you that way because of the whole yabadabadoo vs igor game
>>
>>382434084
Yup MC only through all dungeons + mementos
>>
>>382433965
yeah, so you agree, they are fucking nosey shitheads who should mind their own business or kill themselves
>>
>>382429459
>>382429293
t. white knight
>>
>>382433320
After beating the shit out of it, yes and then suddenly it felt apologetic. It's like getting stopped for speeding. Real Shido didn't want a change of heart though and even if you argue that there still was this part of him, his own natural twisted desire overshadowed that little moral fiber.
>>
>>382434293
That sounds like fun, anon. I might try that.
>>
File: 1066419658167.png (747KB, 1021x910px) Image search: [Google]
1066419658167.png
747KB, 1021x910px
>>382428289
That's exactly what LotGH did.
>adults are dumb and coward
>we young are smart and brave xD
>>
>>382429592
>123 hour work week
>max 2 meals per day, sometimes 1
>average 6 hours sleep per day. 2 hours on monday.
>3 hours "free time" in the whole week
>"dude why are our suicide rates so high"
>"dude how come our birth rates are so low"
Japan is like one giant slave labour camp. I see people on here a lot complaining/wondering why western devs can't achieve the same things as japanese devs with similar/more budget. This is why. Japs don't get to live like human beings.
>>
>>382434397
Be careful some parts and tricky and some bosses (at least on hard) are not possible to defeat completely alone, like the holy grail for example
>>
In the end do they still have their phantom thief powers?
>>
Adults are evil. We created a pretty shitty world. We expect everyone to perform gruelling mind numbing repetitive tasks for 16 hours a day in order to live, lest we starve to death. And if we don't do it with a smile on our face, we're fired.
>>
File: FUCK YOU.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK YOU.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
It feels like the design team changed their minds about parts of the game after Madarame, because I honestly couldn't give a shit about Kaneshiro due to how little we really knew about him, only knowing the crap he did in his Palace. Honestly I feel like they were going to include Mementos into being an important part of the game to find information on the next targets, y'know like how we find out about Madarame's shit from his pupil who we helped. That way, you would've been more interested in the arc villain since you would see the damage he's done and escalate this per arc, hell they could've done this with Futaba and Sae too(isn't it weird that the female bosses aren't actually evil) to lead up to them and give you hints/clues as to what is wrong with them, rather than their Palace answering everything wrong about that person.
>>
>>382428289
different context

seniority is really a big thing in most Asia country culture and it's annoying as fuck
>>
>>382434635

Yeah but they can't access them since the Metaverse is gone. So if it comes back for the inevitable spin off game they'll be set and ready to go.
>>
>>382428789
Fighting the twins is pretty cool but I would recommend you play other games
>>
>>382434773
I'd chalk that up to the fact that the first guy doing the story set out the groundwork and started fleshing out the early parts of the game but they forced him out and had other writers flesh out the rest.
>>
>>382434635
No, and it fucking sucks.
They'll just retcon with some "the metaverse is back!" BS though.
>>
>>382434773

>isn't it weird that the female bosses aren't actually evil

LE EPIC SJW CONSPIRACY xD
>>
>>382429459
>>382429293
>>382429968
why should I care about what happens to others. People are always needing shit fron me, so needy. I rather keep to myself and turn a blind eye. there is no incentive for helping others, esoecially if thru can turn on you for simple shit like fapping to furrry or loli or smoking weed
>>382431278
didn't he rape that girl
>>
>>382430681
The worst part is all the people treating the game like its the best thing since sliced bread. It had a lot of potential, the first palace being probably being one of the best things in the series but all of that potential was wasted. The main culprit in my opinion is the fact that since P4's popularity Atlus decided that the best rout for the series is to become a self insert wifu series first and formost. Good writing doesn't matter with this series anymore, only flash visuals and pretty wifus to fuck because fans will eat up a mediocre story if it jerks em off enough.
>>
>>382434635
They have the power of Persona, but since they lack the Evokers or proper training they can't summon it in the real world like the first four casts could.
>>
>>382434981
You're retarded, P5 focuses on that stuff WAY less than 4, it's basically perfunctory at this point.
>>
Do those alternate dimensions like the midnight hour, tv world and metaverse only exist if there's some god behind them?
I don't get why they can only use persona powers in those places too.
>>
>>382434975

you sound like a shitty persona antagonist now
>>
>>382435119
They can do it anywhere; it's just easier in the alternative worlds. Evokers allow you to summon anywhere; Fuuka does it in the real world in The Answer.
>>
>>382434975
Sup Akechi
>>
>>382429592

Man I am so glad I didn't have to do the overtime my Japanese co-workers were expected to do when living in Japan. That country already made me want to kill myself, this schedule would probably get me to do it.
>>
>>382435228
I never finished that game, hated the no compendium thing.
>>
File: 1494004781227.jpg (45KB, 639x800px) Image search: [Google]
1494004781227.jpg
45KB, 639x800px
>>382428289

>Adults are evil

The central theme of the game was people making judgements or decisions for/about you and not getting to make them yourself.

It just starts with the adults thing because it's the easiest and most simplistic beginning point. The more you continue, the more it moves past that.
>>
>>382435119
TV world still exists.
They are different planes, closer to the collective unconsious that personas come from.
Makes sense that it would be harder to call them IRL.
>>
File: 38943905834760.jpg (53KB, 778x749px) Image search: [Google]
38943905834760.jpg
53KB, 778x749px
>>382428289
They don't just change the hearts of adults.
There are plenty they target that are still in school and college.
They just change shitty people.
>>
should they continue the P3 to 5 game mechanics or make up new one?
>>
>>382435489
No reason to fix what ain't broken.
>>
>>382435182
lol I don't see how that's a problem
>>382435234
you still didn't give me a reason why helping others is a priority and why ignoring things is bad
>>
>>382435515
Well they did polish it, I can't imagine somebody starting from P5 to enjoy P3.
>>
>>382435114
P5 sorta didn't focus on anything other than style desu. When you look at nearly every aspect of P5, it does come across as half-arsed.
>>
>>382435489
The new director will probably change things up a bit, or maybe a lot.

I just hope we don't have to stick with Hashino's formula for plots. I'd love to see something that doesn't follow the exact same core story beats.
>>
>>382435597

reported
>>
>>382435705

Yeah Hashino is busy with Re: Fantasy and is done with Persona for the time being
>>
The game is generally anti-Japanese society, and their honorific "respect you elders" stuff is a big part of that.
The concept didn't translate 1 to 1 with Western ideas, but basically the P5 cast is rebelling against the same thing people Punks or any other counter-culture rebel against.
>>
>>382429293
Don't forget the guy who cheats in a video game.
>>
>>382435705
The one year thing with exchange student?
I mean they did it straight 3 times.
>>
>>382428289
Go back to your pancakes, Akechi
>>
>>382435823
Yeah, I don't want that shit again. I also want the protagonist to be something besides the Fool again; it made sense for MC and it sort of made sense for Joker, but the decision to have Narukami be the fool is nonsensical.

I also want to stop having the god just sort of pop up at the end, and for the protagonist's ultimate Persona being the only thing that can stop it.
>>
The moment I 100% gave up in hoping the writing of this game would be good was right before the big reveal. Like, I was already going through the five stages of grief but I went into acceptance when I saw the moment.

It was when Makoto opened her stupid ass mouth and asked if her sister was going to use her own personal investigation room for the culprit.

I mean, like what the fuck. That part wasn't even needed at all and the game would've been much better than the obvious drop that the PT were planning something. The whole thing with conversations being cut short was already making it too obvious but that moment just drove the stake home.

Like Jesus fuck.
>>
>>382435765
>announcing a report
>reporting something that doesn't break the rules
following rules isn't bad, I can honestly get behind that. but I don't truly care about helping people. there is no incentive.
>>
I don't get makoto's costume, what kind of rogue is she supposed to be?
>>
I didn't care for Joker at the start but he really grew on me. Maybe it was the dissonance between his edgy design and persona and the fact that he's a decent person.
>>
I don't have the one saved with smaller filesize to post here
http://orig01.deviantart.net/e016/f/2010/162/e/0/how_not_to_play_persona_3_by_ancret.jpg
>>
>>382436037
She wasn't meant to be in the game, Hifumi was.

That's why Makoto's codename doesn't fit either.
>>
>>382435967
He'll provably be star which is to show how super special he is as he is an MC.

Hanged Man may work too.
>>
>>382436182
This is a meme.

Hifumi's design was originally used for a pirate girl. The design was probably reused when they realized they didn't have enough waifus. Everything else is speculation.
>>
>>382436182
I had a feeling this was the case. Hifumi's design stood out way too much to just be a side character.
>>
>>382436386
The thing is that in the first three games the MCs had just regular Arcana that showed their personality without them actually speaking. It's a nice touch.
>>
File: 1496769017175.jpg (74KB, 850x849px) Image search: [Google]
1496769017175.jpg
74KB, 850x849px
DIRTY
>>
>>382436465
Hifumi's design is literally a generic female NPC with a little ribbon.
>>
>>382436516
In those games everyone could use other personas
>>
>>382436625
At least the removal of that made sense; Philemon is weakened so he couldn't just hand out that ability.
>>
>>382436516
Emperor and Sun do feel sorta strong and main protagonist like though.
>>
>>382428289
It's more relevant to Japanese society, but I took the fact that the phantom thieves took the seven deadly sins on to shoot yaldaboath in the face to show that they accepted responsibility for and took societies ills unto themselves.
>>
File: 1495021067130.jpg (131KB, 1000x973px) Image search: [Google]
1495021067130.jpg
131KB, 1000x973px
SMELLY
>>
One of the worst parts of the game are the social links which go
>Life is shit
>Person/people keep shitting on me
>Time to magically cure them
>Didn't really learn anything but at least my problems are gone lol

Like seriously.
>>
I'm surprised they haven't made a pay to win Persona mobage yet.
>>
>>382436724
Yeah, and I don't mind the Arcana being something a main character would have; I just don't want it to be The Fool every single time.
>>
File: 1496536591802.jpg (115KB, 434x434px) Image search: [Google]
1496536591802.jpg
115KB, 434x434px
NEET
>>
>>382436886
I got you, fampai
http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Persona_4_The_Card_Battle
>>
>>382436895
But MC being the fool is jusitification for the multiple personas and social links
>>
>>382437012
Groo was a wild card despite being Justice instead.
>>
File: 1496385879638.jpg (88KB, 564x752px) Image search: [Google]
1496385879638.jpg
88KB, 564x752px
CUNT
>>
File: 1493552313766.jpg (208KB, 600x770px) Image search: [Google]
1493552313766.jpg
208KB, 600x770px
>>382436607
>>382436814
>>382436983
>>382437060
My wife is so beautiful
>>
>>382436856

i honestly thought the fact that every non-main cast link ended with them knowing you where part of the phantom thieves a little shit
>>
>>382437054
Pretty sure everyone is the Fool for themselves.

Joker was probably his Justice which was probably where Robin Hood came from.
>>
>>382435182
>a shitty persona antagonist
Redundant statement. Especially for P5.
>>
>>382437157
But then what the fuck is the point of Arcana in the first place if it's all subjective?
>>
The tarot arcanas were supposed to represent the journey of the self or something, everyone starts as the fool
>>
>>382437152

>Tfw go into game intending to waifu Futaba

>See literal trashbags of trash around her room
>Reminds me of this friend who does the same exact thing and lives in a pigsty
>See the way she texts in conversations
>Texts exactly like one of most annoying friends

Can't waifu her anymore so i went with Shogi girl
>>
>>382428289
>Phantom Thieves are the real villians, right?
They went around ruining the lives of people who did nothing wrong and then summoned the devil to kill god. Of course they are.
>>
I like the shadows in 5 being the usual SMT characters instead of the monsters like in 3 and 4.
>>
>>382437153
Yeah. I mean, it was cute the first time but then when everyone did it became somewhat played out.

Also, while I do see that social links you max show up in the end, I didn't really feel anything for it comapred to P3 and P4. Like, it's nice they helped but they didn't really need to pop up when Momentos appeared in Tokyo. If they only showed them helping out in the end, it would've been better surprise in my opinion.
>>
>>382437586
I'm not sure that there is anyone who doesn't like that, its objectively superior to fighting masked tables.
>>
File: jack frost.png (313KB, 573x514px) Image search: [Google]
jack frost.png
313KB, 573x514px
>>382437586
>Tfw rolling with Jack Frost the entire game

it ain't easy, hee ho.
>>
>>382437706
Took them a couple of games to start doing that for some reason
>>
>>382428789
i liked Kamoshida beacuse guys like him are comeon and everyone got themselves involved and push to wall were the choices where either to brainwash him or have your entire school life ruined.
>>
>>382438042
Probably laziness, especially when you consider that the first three games also featured Demons and Negotiations.
>>
>>382437437
Is she cute?
>>
>>382438464
She's basically the game's Nanako.
>>
>>382438798
I think he was asking about that Anon's annoying friend.
>>
>>382438798
I don't get this meme desu

t. Harufag
>>
>>382434975
that's what I meant. The evil parts of him are just what betas project onto all alphas.
>>
>>382434609
That's Eastern Asia for you. No fun, just work.
>>
>>382428789

Play Tales of Berseria

or *Cough* Akiba's Beat *Cough*.
>>
>>382440697
>tales trash
Ewww gross.
Akiba's trip ain't that bad, but the routes overlap too much for my taste. Still leagues ahead od Tales crap.
>>
>>382437157
I think that Akechi did not have multiple Personas. Loki is his persona and that black outfit is his outfit. The white marching band crow outfit was a fake as he joined the thieves. Robin Hood too was just Loki in disguise. This way Akechi didn't have to show his true form to the group.
>>
>>382437586
I like how they insult you during battle and have voice lines for when you knock them down or they panic.
>>
>>382436465
What? Hifumi's got the most bland design in the entire game. Fucking Hifumifags, I swear..
>>
>>382428289
>How do they believe this?

they're like fucking fifteen. how do you think?
>>
Man, took me 220 hours to beat this game on a first play through. Shit was fun. Talking to every NPC before and after each dungeon deadline was great... R I P Kotaro...
>>
>>382428289
It's about teenagers. Pretty much 99% of teenages had that period where they where all about "fuck the adults, communism is awesome, fuck yeah anarchy, it's about me" and then they grew up.

This game starts with teens being pretty much like that and then by the end they work with adults. The villains are adults who never "grew up" and think they are above the law and everything is about them.

It's a game about growing up and breaking free of your ego really. With style.
>>
File: 1498232756336.gif (1MB, 268x268px) Image search: [Google]
1498232756336.gif
1MB, 268x268px
>>382432978
It's just that one anon who jealous of P5 popularity.
Notice that his complain always the same
>it's too safe
>magical bullshit
>style but no substance
>why people praise this shit, this is shit!
>>
>>382431278
People like Kamoshida actually exist, anon
>>
>>382445850
>Having complaints about a game means you didn't like it
I'm not the same guy you're talking about, but I have tons of issues with P5. It's still a good game and I loved it, but ignoring it's problems is just silly.
>>
File: Kamoshida is a genius, A GENIUS!.png (622KB, 1308x2054px) Image search: [Google]
Kamoshida is a genius, A GENIUS!.png
622KB, 1308x2054px
Kamoshida did nothing wrong
>>
>>382445982
>projecting your opinion on my post
Never stated it got no flaw.
It's just the complain always the same and 90% always lean to subjectivity.
I mean, do you even read my post?
I want you to read and repeat what my post said and think for a while.
>>
>>382446283
Someone mentioned that people nitpick about a game, and you blame it all on one dude. I'm fairly certain I comprehended your post just fine.
>>
>>382446380
You comprehend my post as someone who ignore P5 problem.
Your first fault is that you use greentext to project your opinion to others.
>>
>>382446563
You said that all of the people who had complaints about the game were the same individual. This usually implies that you believe that the complaints are simply shitposts performed by a singular shitposter.
>>
>>382446067
Were these written by psychicpebbles or something
>>
>>382446915
They were written by Suguru Kamoshida on /pg/. He was our hero. We even had his Snapchat. But then he disappeared.

I heard that the new transfer student and Sakamoto had something to do with it.
>>
>>382433009
Hello me
>>
>>382428289
>Don't they realize adults are just old kids?
You'd like to believe this but this just isn't actually the case. It's easy to notice this when you get a "real" job... there are people who just aren't like that anymore. it's sad, frankly.
>>
>>382441352
He said Beat, not Trip. Beat is an awful Tales of clone that wants to be Persona so bad.
>>
>>382446752
See, like that, that's what I meant.
After your first fault (pre-projecting other anon) like I mention before, you just proved it again on your post. Anything that I say at this point won't even matter to you, you'll just keep forcing your projected opinion like your first post before.

As for your replies,
>all of the people who had complaints
You keep forcing I said this to all people who complains. You know exactly which anon I referring to with my post. Look what sentence I quote on my greentext on my first post. That's the anon I referring to.

Now lets see what your next projection on my post this time.
>>
>>382428789
Depends how much you got done in your first playthrough.
If you still had a bunch of confidants that you never finished then you can replay to see what they were all about.
That and fuse Satanael and steamroll the endgame.
>>
>>382447413
But you're projecting all of the complaints onto a singular Anon. You're only claiming I'm projecting because you're projecting the fact that you're projecting onto me.
>>
>>382434975
Scum of the Earth.
>>
>>382447843
Not projecting if I'm stating facts.
My greentexts on my first post are literally copy pasted on the anon I'm referring to. Which exactly it is, a copy pasted, not altering words that isn't there.

Your post however, from the starts never actually based on my post and PURELY from your mind.
>>
>>382448161
But I'm fairly certain that you're the only one who thinks this Anon exists.
>>
>>382448278
>implying
You just can't stop projecting your opinion on other huh?
>>
>>382429592
>That Monday
What the fuck
>>
>>382447818
I was wondering the same. I maxed out all my confidants on my first play-through, and I really wanna do a NG+ but I did everything there was to do and check on the first playthrough... except read all the books since I missed a few from the library. I wanna check out the twins fight and satanael I guess but having done everything makes the game less enjoyable. Maybe if I skip through all text for 2nd play-through.
>>
>>382429592
Did they ever have friends? Lovers? ... anything?
>>
File: IMG_5167.jpg (69KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5167.jpg
69KB, 600x450px
>>382449234
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karōshi
>>
>>382450281
I... I don't want to vacation to Japan anymore
>>
>>382451239
It's a great place to go and see still, and one of the safest place to live everyday life (probably THE safest with what's going on in Europe), but the locals have really boring lives. Nobody will break free from the big zaibatsu machine either cause of that extreme social stigma of "graduate college and become a salaryman or else"
>>
>>382451707
So I'll never get to work for some VN company and churn out pornography?
>>
File: Shadow Chie.jpg (180KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow Chie.jpg
180KB, 1024x576px
>>382433009
Holy fucking hockey sticks you're my Shadow, the true self
>>
File: awaken.jpg (501KB, 1099x1099px) Image search: [Google]
awaken.jpg
501KB, 1099x1099px
>>382433009
>>382447225
>>382452402
AWAKEN MY BROTHERS
>>
>>382429592
what the hell how is this even legal?
>>
>>382453959
It's Japan.

I wonder how people even get married if they can't meet anyone.
>>
>>382433324
It's incredibly easy to max all links on the first try without a guide, it's not like P3/P4.

Once you get the fortune telling abilities you're drowning in stats and confidant points.
>>
>>382455148
Why get married and maybe have kids if you gotta deal with constant work and boss sucking up. It's literally an extra burden. Plus a relationship will fall apart from stuff like that.
>>
>>382455794
...how does anyone have children?
>>
>>382428289
That's not the message at all; there's plenty of decent adults in the game (Joker can even fuck some of them). It's mostly just Ryuji pushing that shit and he's a fucking retard.
>>
File: 1493890793112.png (426KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1493890793112.png
426KB, 600x800px
Guess the hivemind has already decided Kaneshiro sucks. I kinda liked him though. I liked him more than Madarame.
>>
>>382439706
but kamoshida being a rapist wasn't a projection it was real. whether or not the projection was made by so called betas doesn't matter, he's a criminal.
>>382448061
>I'm scum for minding my own business
you're acting like I'm a terrorist or rapist. I just keep to myself, how is that hurting anyone can someone please explain why not caring for others and ignoring their presence is somehow bad
>>
>>382429771

>Kamoshida
>not one of the most realistic villains in vidya
>>
>>382452210
You'll either retire out of it or die doing VR porn.
>>
File: 1493605292582.jpg (278KB, 1348x1038px) Image search: [Google]
1493605292582.jpg
278KB, 1348x1038px
Best girl coming through.
>>
>>382445241
is it worth it? this Gane seems loooooooooooooooong. nice style tho
>>
Just gonna copy+paste my thoughts on P5 once here and see what you guys think.

Persona 5 felt interesting at the start but it gets cheesy super fast. Why can't there be a modern, mature Persona game? I hate the faggy Japanese teenager archetype that Persona utilizes, literally the plot to P3-P5 are all the same and the characters and s-links are mostly just lame and boring. Barely any interaction at all either unlike Yakuza which does the Japanese setting a lot better because it's at least about badass gang members and has quests, exploration, and minigames.

I just don't wanna drudge through some teenager's fantasy of being a special snowflake anime character in a modern Japanese setting, like I said I would rather play Yakuza, it's just a shame that Persona's admittedly interesting premise, art style and music are wasted on such boring, awkwardly made games. I thought P5 might be the one to stand out from the others but not even an hour into the game and all it's been is how evil and selfish adults are. The teachers are stuck up their own ass, MC is just as boring as Minato and Yu and does nothing interesting outside of the whole steal your hearts thing. There's nothing to do either in between fighting and the life sim aspects. Stealth is literally only used for stylistic moments. There's no exploration outside of dungeon crawling. It's just the same thing as P3 and P4, and done only a little better.

The Persona games are good for what they are, I'm not trying to hate too much because I actually like them and find them enjoyable sometimes, but they're just not the games that I am looking for so far (haven't played P2 yet tho). I hope the next Persona games take more influence from mainline SMT. Not saying Persona can't have it's unique identity, I just want it done better, or have mainline SMT start coming out on consoles/PC. Not trying to start a flame war but this game has not been as interesting and thrilling as I expected it to be, which is a disappointment.
>>
>>382457874
You're not wrong. Persona, especially 4 and 5, are very, very light hearted.
>>
>>382447328
>Tales of clone that wants to be Persona so bad
That alone makes it better than Tales games.
>>
File: 1494958335507.jpg (33KB, 453x500px) Image search: [Google]
1494958335507.jpg
33KB, 453x500px
>>382430463
>he thinks people on /v/ know how to have fun.

Most of you have never been to a social event, shut the fuck up lol.
>>
>>382458158
Yeah, I don't know, P3 did a lot of things right I think, but they also did a really bad job on a lot of other things. P5 is more presentable and playable and has way better gameplay and graphics, but in return it loses a lot of the classic SMT charm that I felt from P3. P3 and P5 are about equal for me so far with P4 being the most boring and light-hearted of them all. When I first played P3 I actually felt thrilled and interested in the mystery for a bit, but the pacing, when the robot comes in, and the fact that the game rips too much off from Evangelion's story ruined it for me.

The games are seriously awkward and every moment spent at school is just boring as fuck. There's no mystery outside of the story, there's no exciting things to do, there is just dungeon crawling, life sim, and advancing the mediocre story which generally just means pressing X a bunch of times and choosing from 2-3 dialogue choices which usually don't ever effect anything. There needs to be more to it, the Persona team should seriously take more elements from other games like SMT (Nocturne, DDS), Yakuza/Shenmue, 999/VLR, hell even DanganRonpa. Then these games would be actually sick.
>>
>>382458752
The problem is that it's even more generic than a Tales of game and none of the characters are good at all.
>>
>>382457874

I couldn't agree more that P5 has insanely good production value, maybe even the best - of any game - ever.

The game seems to be marketed towards intelligent adults which is weird as it seems to start out with the intent of being "Cowboy Bebop" and ends up being "Naruto."

Maybe that metaphor is too harsh, because P5 is actually still really, really good - but I can't help but wonder why the 'big reveal' was just so fucking disappointing.

I mean, it takes about 100 hours to complete, and about 95 of those hours are really, REALLY good - but it just bricks it when it comes down to the big reveal.
>>
>>382457874
It's pretty sad to consider that Kamoshida is one of the more memorable villains
>>
>>382459105
>I couldn't agree more that P5 has insanely good production value, maybe even the best - of any game - ever.
For sure. The game is really pleasant to look at, comes off as mature and really thrilling at first glance, has cool music like usual, and then turns into what I expected from P3 and P4, disappointment.
>>
>>382456737
Not him, but being apathetic to evil is being complicit with it. If you know there's a problem and nothing is being done about it, but still do nothing to help or call attention to it, you're contributing to the problem.
I'm not saying you have to be a white knight trying to always charge in and save the day, but the more people that have your attitude is more freedom scumbags and monsters have to hurt people that can't defend themselves.
Of course, your first post just makes it seem like you're pissy about FICTIONAL CHARACTERS caring enough to help people, so you probably don't care about any of what I'm saying.
>>
File: eh what was that.jpg (366KB, 2464x1648px) Image search: [Google]
eh what was that.jpg
366KB, 2464x1648px
>>382458947
>The games are seriously awkward and every moment spent at school is just boring as fuck.

>There's no mystery outside of the story, there's no exciting things to do, there is just dungeon crawling, life sim, and advancing the mediocre story which generally just means pressing X a bunch of times and choosing from 2-3 dialogue choices which usually don't ever effect anything.

> take more elements from other games like SMT (Nocturne, DDS)

What the fuck am I reading?
>>
>>382460007
Mainline SMT blends gameplay and atmosphere much more smoothly than Persona. That is mainly because SMT games have a lot more gameplay, and exploration and stuff, and hell confidently much better settings, setpieces, characters, stories, etc. Music is the only thing debatable I guess. Persona is just the bare minimum with slight sexual innuendos thrown in, it's simply boring anime in video game format. Which is a shame because the production for P5 is nuts, and almost makes the game worth it for that alone, but the core game is just fundamentally flawed and way too "video-gamey" for a game that tries to be the king of life sim but fails miserably at it.
>>
>>382435967
Wait isn't the Fool Igor's Arcana?
>>
>>382460465
Hey, it's good that you love SMT so much. But everything that you post doesn't have any back up of what you said.
It's okay saying, it's flawed, it's okay saying it much better in this or that aspect, but you need to back it up.

Like every sentence you just post, holy shit man. What the fuck am I reading?
>>
>>382460491
No. Regardless, not all Wild Cards are Fools, just the three most recent Protagonists. They're also the only Wild Cards we've seen that ARE fools.
>>
>>382456378
He didn't have the same lead up that Kamoshida and Madarame did. He felt pretty generic for a villain as well, at least I think the way how they portrayed the first two villains and their evil deeds was pretty good compared to Kaneshiro.
>>
>>382461005
I don't know man, learn to read I guess? Also I've only played two SMT games, well 3 I tried SJ and it was cool but I was in the craving for something that looks better like at least a PS2 game. I've spent pretty much an equal amount of time in SMT and Persona. I just haven't played P2 which I hear is actually pretty good and worth a shot if you're not too into P3-P5.
>>
>>382461329
But you didn't explain jack shit. You said things like
>SMT games have a lot more gameplay, and exploration and stuff, and hell confidently much better settings, setpieces, characters, stories, etc.
But you never explain what SMT actually did in actuality. You only post claim "this is better in this aspect" not explaining "this is better because in SMT the story goes like.... which blends exactly because..."

I don't even like persona, but damn son. It looks like the only person you're trying to convince is yourself.
>>
>>382428289
It's more a representation of the wide generational divide between the more conservative older generation and the more westernized younger generation. Think the Boomer/Millennial divide but on steroids
>>
>>382461698
I explained perfectly why Persona has it's faults. Scroll up. It's a game about being a member of a modern Japanese society as a teenager which focuses on mixing fantasy with life simulation. However, unlike other games that do the same thing, like Yakuza, or other Japanese made adventure games, character progression is shallow, and a character doing a 180 personality turn is not good character development. During these life sim moments this is pretty much all you can do, and raise your stats which are all non-interactive except for giving the right answers in s-links. There is nothing to challenge you mentally or thrill you, no mystery to push and prod at and find answers because everything is beyond scripted, no puzzles, minigames, side quests, or exploration. Catherine is an example of a game that actually does some of these things a lot better.
>>
>>382433324
Unironically get good.
If it was your first [modern] Persona game I can forgive you for fucking up so much, but there's so much more room for error in P5 than in either of its predecessors. The game is basically tossing ways to get free stats at you (quiz show on TV, Sunday juice bar, Fortune Teller, Houseplant, etc...) that any sort of basic critical thinking can get you to maximize shit. The only tricky part is that you have to finish palaces very quickly and only do mementos with 5+ targets at a time.

I got everything finished on December 8th and I made a fuckload of mistakes. Didn't even know about the quiz show/juice until Futaba's palace.
>>
File: 1498851930849.jpg (75KB, 500x561px) Image search: [Google]
1498851930849.jpg
75KB, 500x561px
It's poorly written because Atlus has never written anything well but JUNPEI DA MAN IORI
>>
>>382462289
>character progression is shallow, and a character doing a 180 personality turn is not good character development. During these life sim moments this is pretty much all you can do, and raise your stats which are all non-interactive except for giving the right answers in s-links.

>There is nothing to challenge you mentally or thrill you, no mystery to push and prod at and find answers because everything is beyond scripted, no puzzles, minigames, side quests, or exploration.

I can't help you. I just hope you'll be better person when you matured.
>>
>>382462669
Agreed in terms of Persona 3-5.
>>
>>382433009
fuck off, redditor shit
>>
>>382462723
You can't even argue, fuck off. Try disputing my points or don't reply. Persona fails so horribly in the writing department that it's honestly a huge disappointment.

That's not saying P5 is a bad game. The game just has a lot of wasted potential, and it's evident from the beginning. It seemed like they were trying to target the intelligent young-adult crowd with the game, but what reminded me of "good" anime with mystery and western elements, like Cowboy Bebop, pretty much turned straight into a more stylish Naruto in a modern day. Or do you really think recycling the same JRPG coming of age group of friends saving the world from evil adults story is actually a good choice?

I mean I'm sure it can be done well, but not Persona from what I've played. It's pretty embarrassing most of the times, actually.
>>
>>382463387
Because I'm not trying to. Your post didn't convince anyone, that's why I tried to help you.
Hell even when you say "good" it's just your way to defend your bitching.

I'll applaud you if you can point even one "fact" or something "objective" out of your every post.
I'll wait.
>>
>>382463910
By your logic, everything is subjective, criticism is worthless, critics (professional or not) aren't to be listened to at all, basically you're an idiot. There is objectivity to art. Anime, for example, 99% of the time is not applauded for it's in-depth storytelling and interesting characters like novels are. Anime is usually more stylish and sometimes thrilling and interesting but usually not. That goes with basically everything, it transcends every medium of entertainment, it extends to pretty much every thing.

Also it seems that more people agree with me than you, check this entire thread, lots of people having valid complaints about the game.

Persona is so shoehorned and lazy, I'm done arguing with you, it's not worth the time.
>>
>>382463910
>Your post didn't convince anyone,
Different Anon, but what makes you think that he was trying to do with his initial post? It read more like he was posting an opinion, which you can agree or disagree with if you have played the games.
>>
>>382464416
My logic is that criticism is worth only if they have the argument to back it up.
You don't have any argument, you just claiming things. Here an example:
>It seemed like they were trying to target the intelligent young-adult crowd with the game, but what reminded me of "good" anime with mystery and western elements, like Cowboy Bebop, pretty much turned straight into a more stylish Naruto in a modern day.
Like what the fuck are you trying to say?
People agree Persona had flaws but not agreeing to you.

>>382464830
He didn't even mention anything (any elements, mechanic and any of that shit) from the game. Hence why I'm confused. Try seeing all his post.
Thread posts: 211
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.