[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Here's the real problem with Overwatch: Compared to TF2,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 29

File: tf2 vs overwatch.jpg (215KB, 600x674px) Image search: [Google]
tf2 vs overwatch.jpg
215KB, 600x674px
Here's the real problem with Overwatch: Compared to TF2, Overwatch has less personality spread across many, MANY more characters.
Don't believe me?
Check this out:

Scout: cocky
Soldier: deluded
Pyro: comical
Demoman: drunk
Heavy: kill-happy
Engineer: candid..?
Medic: mad scientist
Sniper: professional
Spy:gentleman

Genji: ninja..?
McCree: cowboy..?
Pharah: duty-bound..?
Reaper: edgy
Soldier 76: tired
Sombra: ?
Tracer: cocky
Bastion: comical
Hanzo: honor-bound..?
Junkrat: crazy
Mei: cheerful
Torbjorn: ???
Widowmaker: ..?
D.Va: cock..?
Orisa: ???
Reinhardt: deluded
Winston: comical
Zarya: dyke..?
Ana: ???
Lucio: friendly..?
Mercy: ?
Symmetra: orderly
Zenyatta: comical...?
>>
Yeah but OW has cute girls and cute girls are the only reason to play video games.
>>
>>382423495
Overwatch also has Zarya.
>>
>>382423531
Yeah, so? I only care about the cute girls.
>>
>>382423495
>>382423578
>western games
>cute girls

Pixar.jpg
>>
>>382423368
I still play TF2 to this day because Sniper is just so god damn fun both as a class and a character.
>>
>>382423495
/thread
>>
I play OW for Zenyatta. He's a much better support than Medic since you can do everything at once and he has good offense. I actually end up in a pretty relaxed state playing him, it's great.
>>
File: enough.jpg (84KB, 1129x706px) Image search: [Google]
enough.jpg
84KB, 1129x706px
>>382424620
>I actually end up in a pretty relaxed state playing him,
I guess you could say you ... experience tranquility
>>
>>382424752
You should try playing him while listening to monk chanting. It legit improved my ability with him, after getting into it I was way more accurate and ended up on fire a ton. I tried it to fuck around but it works.
>>
>>382424620
>Being too scrub to use the class with the highest dps.
>>
>>382423368
You're seeing them at face value, just through the game. You need to spend the time in understanding the lore and backstory of the characters to understand their personality.

The same thing works for the TF2 characters. You don't really have a firm grasp of their personality until you watch the "Meet The" videos or read the comics. Like, the Sniper never brought up his whole "personality" shtick in in-game voicelines at the time, it's with the Meet The Sniper vid that it really became aparent.
>>
>>382425195
>Like, the Sniper never brought up his whole "personality"

Meant "professional"
>>
>>382424112
>tfw only use the machinegun secondary because i really, really like it's taunt
GAWD SAVE THE QUEEN
YEEEAAAAAAAH
>>
>>382425195
>the Sniper never brought up his whole "professional" shtick in in-game voicelines at the time
Yes he does. You really get the feeling he's just doing a job he enjoys.
>>
>>382423368
Once you understand that TF2 classes were made to be original, distinct characters, and that Overwatch classes were made to appeal to as many demographics as possible to generate maximum profit for Activison-Blizzard, then you will be free
>>
>>382425091
DPS is the least interesting of the trinity. Zenyatta has a relatively high skill cap since you're doing everything at once, and having that kind of presence on the game while throwing out tranquil life lessons is awesome. I'm already into philosophical Taoism, so while he's modelled on Zen Buddhism and is mostly a shallow character he's still one of the most interesting FPS characters to me.
>>
>>382425375
>You really get the feeling he's just doing a job he enjoys.

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Sniper_responses

Here. Spend the time to find some voice lines that convey that.
>>
>>382425459
The desire for money isn't inherently bad. Everything you're using now is a result of somebody wanting money/success. Jeff and the team are obviously passionate about the game, even if Blizzard itself are in it purely for greed.
>>
>>382425576
It's not the lines, it's the tone of voice you literal autist.
>>
>>382425683
His tone of voice gives it away too. How can you say he doesn't convey love for his work when most of his lines are taunting how good he just killed you? In fact there isn't a single merc that doesn't enjoy what they do, they each one just conveys it different.
>>
>>382425683
Okay, then say that you started the game fresh from day one, without watching or reading the comics.

How are you supposed to know their personality from just the voice lines and """tone"""?

You bring up that Soldier has a "deluded" personality, but if you never watched his video, you could also interpret his character as being another war-hungry soldierguy just from his voice lines and """tone""", you don't really gain that dimension of him being deluded until you watch his video.

Concrete purpose > Abstract "feelings"
>>
>>382425913
He's an incredibly shallow character. Do you really think he's unique in enjoying shooting people? Has that never been done before in an FPS? OW characters aren't crazy deep but TF2 fans are crazy. The characters have little to no personality ingame, and even then their character is shallow enough to be summed up completely in a minute-long "comedic" skit each. Nostalgia blinds your judgement.
>>
File: 1472781723313.jpg (112KB, 580x779px) Image search: [Google]
1472781723313.jpg
112KB, 580x779px
I think adding female characters to the game was a mistake. They don't have the "spark" that guys do.
>>
>>382425646
It is bad when it gets in the way of quality. As monetizing becomes more viable, the mentality goes from "make money by making the best product" to "make money by doing what makes money"
>>
>>382426456
Neptunia and DoA are examples of series only in it for the money. However, sales from them funded much more interesting and passion-driven series so it's not all bad. You can easily see how much Jeff loves his job, and the fact that he delivers everything himself even though he isn't a great speaker and plays the game extensively himself is great. Can you really say the same about Gaben?
>>
>>382426146
actually he doesn't enjoy what he does, he isn't a crazed gunman hes an assassin
>>
>>382426146
>Nostalgia blinds your judgement
I just jumped into this conversation, and what's my previous comment have to do with how 'deep' Sniper's character is? All I stated was he enjoys what he does and you get that from his banter. In the end, none of the TF2 characters are that deep, it's nine crazy people being paid to kill one another. But, Valve has had more time to add fluff to TF2. Even without all of Meet the Team and the comics, you get an idea of what each class is about from their dialogue and weapons to their cosmetics and that ranges from Soldier's insane patriotism to Pyro's lack of sanity. You visually see and hear what all nine mercs are about because it's constantly on display in anyway possible.
>>
>>382423368
I mean it's a blizzard game.
They can't write at all.
>>
>>382426726
Contrast this to Overwatch, where every character is just a DA concept art brought to life by a soulless corporate team of Pixar animators.
>>
>>382423368
Overwatch got addicting, ever changing gameplay because of the vast majority of character combination and because its a quality shooter.
>>
Zenyatta's personality is so blatant that you need to be actually retarded to not know it.
>>
>>382426837
>Overwatch got addicting, ever changing gameplay
Except it's the exact opposite.
I grew bored of it in less than two months.
>>
>>382426867
Like McCree and Junkrat, he doesn't so much have a personally as he has a popculture archetype he's modeled after.
>>
>>382425468
I was talking about the medic in tf2.
>>
>>382426726
Just like most Overwatch characters
>>
>>382426885
24 characters that play completely different from each other.

Tons of different team setups

Ultimates creates another layer of depth that tf2 can only dream off

Blizzard polish

Its the ultimate class based multiplayer FPS game really
>>
>>382426885
You're actually in the minority. Overwatch has sustained a very healthy playerbase. I started playing a few weeks after release, and everyone else I know who owns the game (both IRL and added though games) are still playing.
>>
>>382423368
>TF2
Stereotypes

>Overwatch
Realistic personalities
>>
>>382426953
Boston boy who talks tough,crazy german medic and strong russian guy aren't though
>>
>>382423368
>Scout: cocky
>Soldier: deluded
>Pyro: comical
>Demoman: drunk
>Heavy: kill-happy
>Engineer: candid..?
>Medic: mad scientist
>Sniper: professional
>Spy:gentleman
You were right, now let´s fix some things below.

>Genji: Weeb
>McCree: Muh gunner shit
>Pharah: Muhh dark elve waifu maymay
>Reaper: edgy
>Soldier 76: Muhh oldfag soldiah
>Sombra: Muhh Dark Elves Waifu with latex
>Tracer: Fast&Smart4uM8
>Bastion: comical
>Hanzo: Weeb
>Junkrat: DUDE J0K3R LMAO
>Mei: Fat Chubby Shit waifu
>Torbjorn: Dude ENGINEER DWARF LMAO
>Widowmaker: Muhh waifu darkskin elven shit
>D.Va: gyuise assian waifu with teeny aspect lmao
>Orisa: Phoenyx for centaur waifus.
>Reinhardt: Dude im the tank lol
>Winston: shit
>Zarya: dyke..?
>Ana: ???
>Lucio: Dude im nigger and im not stealing lol
>Mercy: Muhh healer pj for waifu shitters and women
>Symmetra: orderly
>Zenyatta: interesting actually

FFYM
>>
>>382426961
My mistake. However, if I wanted the Medic experience I could get about 90% of the way there by using Mercy without her shift/slow descent abilities. I find Medic less interesting because he incentivises being a pocket healer due to overcharge. Mercy is boring compared to Zen, but even then she's got a much more dynamic playstyle since you're zipping back and forth almost constantly.
>>
I mean the real problem with overwatch is that the game isn't satisfying on the DM level, compared to TF2.

What you're describing is accurate, definitely. But the issue isn't the personalities. It's how sterile their interactions are.
>I love your music, I'm your biggest fan haha
Compared to
>You are an englishman in a dress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kD57F86huQs

Even though Meet your Match was a poor update, it still has more character than the entirety of Overwatch.
>>
>>382427285
Who cares when it got superior gameplay?
>>
File: 1498889393231.jpg (34KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
1498889393231.jpg
34KB, 728x546px
>>382427365
But TF2 has superior gameplay.

Even if it goes F2P at some point, Overwatch won't last ten years the way TF2 has.
>>
>>382427463
Every blizzard game can easily last 10 years and more because of the sheer quality.
>>
>>382427582
>Implying nu-Blizzard can make games that survive 10 years
>Implying Diablo 3 isn't ded after 5
>>
>>382427463
TF2 is a shallow husk of the game is was in late 2012 early 2013.

Anyone that says otherwise is fucking delusional.
>>
File: 1496421551319.jpg (83KB, 428x576px) Image search: [Google]
1496421551319.jpg
83KB, 428x576px
>>382427582
There isn't a single Blizzard title that's lasted ten years in active development (Still getting updates beyond bugfixes) without a paid expansion.

TF2 has had no paid expansions at any point.
>>
>>382427463
TF2 was milked for cosmetics while barely adding any gameplay-related stuff in 10 years, and a lot of the stuff they did was paid. Shit on lootboxes all you want, but OW has regular free updates that drop good additional content like characters. Gameplay-related items aren't locked behind a paywall (is that the loving passion-driven dev team at Valve?) so everyone is on the same page. You could stop playing for 2-3 years and jump back in without a diaadvantage. TF2 has barely been alive for years anyway, it's been a skeleton team churning out cosmetics and fucking up more with each update since they have no idea what they're doing . What happened to the big overhaul that was meant to pull everyone back?
>>
File: 8jQRFXW.png (239KB, 330x501px) Image search: [Google]
8jQRFXW.png
239KB, 330x501px
>>382427764
Except the same core game is there.

Even as a shallow husk, it's deeper than Overwatch.
>>
>>382426979
I never denied that. On either side no game has particularly deep characters. Saying that though I'll more often than not side with TF2's character portrayals because I prefer their belligerent belittling of one another a lot more.
>>
>zenyatta
>comical

1. he's objectively the best character in the game. A good zenyatta can carry the entire team, even with console controls. Time it right and he can kill anything with medium health using charge shots. With reinhardt and hanzo, you'd be stupid NOT to pick him
2. he's not "comical". Have you ever even played overwatch? I don't think you have.
>>
>>382426993
>Ultimates creates another layer of depth that tf2 can only dream off
Ultimates are simply the most blatant aspect the "slow-buildup-quick-reward" skinner box feedback loop that maintains the entire game. There is no depth to them - just play the game and press Q to win when you're prompted to (inb4 "you need to know the right moment" - it's still a completely boring and skillless system. It doesn't even have a risk-reward aspect like the Medic's Ubercharge, you just keep playing until you get a Q).
The thing about Overwatch, as much as "every class plays different from each other", all their uniqueness amounts to their abilities. The moment-to-moment gameplay of almost all classes is pretty much the same. All classes have the same movement speed and comparable healthpools. Most weapons feel the same. All maps feel and play the same. It's fucking boring.
As for "tons of team setups", the game forces you to play in very specific team makeups or else you will be steamrolled. The entire gameplay revolves around counters-countering-counters and abilities rather than actual technical skill, both concepts lifted straight out of MOBA. It's a system that rewards shit plays that know the meta and punishes actually good FPS players. For this reason alone this game should be seen as a "team based FPS" - it's a first-person MOBA masquerading as an FPS.
>>
>>382427778
>TF2 has had no paid expansions at any point.

Just tons of shitty updates that might aswell be expansions.
>>
Junkrat and Roadhog never ever say 'cunt'

0/10 not realistic Australians.
>>
>>382427835
>Paywall
>You can craft weapons on launch day
>You can try them for free
>You can get permanent drops for free
>>382427835
>No gameplay related stuff
Except for Payload, Payload Race, SD, Around 40 new maps, Medieval, PASS Time, Player Destruction, MvM, Competitive, Contracts and Halloween maps, right?

Unless you consider shitty elimination maps with reused assets and some homogenised heroes to be better than all of that.

>>382428014
Yeah, for free. Unlike Warlords, Cataclysm and several other shitty expansions.
>>
>>382423495
Then go play Dead or Alive Beach Volleyball or Senran Kagura.
>>
>>382427858
I never said it wasn't, but it hasn't "lasted"."Lasted" isn't the word I would use.

Unless by lasted you mean "Painfully drags itself into each new year hemmoraging players at an alarming rate and adding community-made cosmetics as "content" because Valve is a bunch of lazy cunts." Then ok, it's lasted.
>INB4 "Hurr Blizzard shill"
Overwatch is shit, but don't defend TF2, it's become faggotry of the highest degree.
>>
>>382427865
>2. he's not "comical". Have you ever even played overwatch? I don't think you have.
A monk-robot that spews generic "inspirational" empty quotes is pretty comical.
>>
File: 1431150150860.gif (1MB, 305x360px) Image search: [Google]
1431150150860.gif
1MB, 305x360px
>>382423368
just let it go your game is dead
>>
Ever notice how almost all Overwatch shills are frogposters and use reddit spacing?
>>
>>382428110
There's still an active playerbase.
>TF2 is dead meme

It's Valve's loose company architecture that is why TF2 falls by the wayside, because nobody wants to develop for a 10 year old game when they could be playing around with overwatch.

TF2 has major issues with it, but it's better than Overwatch.

I mean it's at a point where this summer update will either revive the current playerbase (I doubt anyone will reinstall at this point), or kill it off.
>>
>>382427835
>TF2 has barely been alive for years anyway

Pic related, one of the most played games from Steam. With more than 10 years where the community never gives up.

Meanwhile you have OW, where they added cosmetic shit because it´s full of aspergs and the game was so dead that they needed to make a drop system for it.
Don´t be delusional here, OW sold well, but will be dead in no time cause it lacks everything that made TF2 good.
>>
>>382427865
The characters aren't entertaining in the slightest. The TF2 mercs have way more personalities even from the domination one-liners they have against each class.
Overwatch is literal casual babby SJW mode since they don't want to "trigger" or offend people. Can't have people typing gg ez without people getting incredibly salty.
>>
File: IMG_2755.jpg (47KB, 236x224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2755.jpg
47KB, 236x224px
>overwatch
>shit moba that tries to appeal to every fucking demographic at once
>tf2
>fps locked away behind the entire trading system and the devs fucking up balacing with each update
>>
>>382428350
Note that Blizzard don't release player numbers either. Just the 3 million sales.
>>
>>382428096
I don't think you understand how to play Overwatch. Hero switching is one of the most important mechanics. You're not meant to be jack of all trades, you're meant to be competent with at least half the cast so you can switch on demand. Did you just try and main Soldier and get bored a few hours in? Have you even played it? Orisa may have elements of Bastion, Reinhardt and Zarya but she plays unlike any of them. Tracer and Sombra might share light similarities but you're a shitty player if you don't utilise them properly. TF2 heroes are deliberately more capable of filling multiple roles, but that's because the roster is so limited. Games feel stagnant a few weeks into playing.
>>
>>382428350
Overwatch broke 30 million players not long ago.
>>
>>382428486
I (regrettably) bought overwatch shortly after release, played it for a few weeks and then dropped it.
I am technically an "Overwatch player".
>>
>>382428096
What does Cataclysm have to do with Overwatch? Is it a valid complaint to say I disliked Portal 2 so Overwatch is better?
>>
>>382428482
>Hero switching is one of the most important mechanics. You're not meant to be jack of all trades, you're meant to be competent with at least half the cast so you can switch on demand
counters & meta > actual skill
>>
>>382428486
In terms of sales. They don't show the "consistent" player base that returns to the game year after year.
>>
>>382428456
>>382428486
Blizzard only shows the number of players when they rock the charts.
Remember when Legion was released?
GUISE MUH 2135915891 MILLIONS AGAIN!1!!
Meanwhile there were like 1 million at peaks, in one month, only 500.000.
When they don´t show you the numbers, it´s because the game is dying, it´s always the same with them.
>>
>>382428597
You need skill to excel. You also need a varied skillset. To be a good player you need to be solid at all roles, not just spending hundreds of hours exclusively playing Soldier to fuck around on rocket jump courses.
>>
>>382428486
Which has little to do with daily active users
>>
>>382423368
It's like comparing WoW and FF14, both are similar genre, but, listen, they are DIFFERENT GAMES.
On a side note I fucking hate both games for either reason, but if I was forced to play one of my previous examples I'd probably go with a WoW private server or 1.0 ARR (yes it was incredibly awful but shit was hilarious)
>>
>>382428340
>Active playerbase meme
>Being this delusional

It's been known since Gun Mettle that the game is exhaling it's final, ragged breath. It started after Two Cities and the last few clown fiesta Halloween updates have really driven the nail in. Hell, even smissmass is just a festive weapon cash grab.

I don't even consider TF2 the same game anymore, with autistic bonus ducks being a literal thing in the game and not a joke (and increasingly retarded cosmetics that bend the art style more than any sane developer would allow). And I'd go so far as to say recently with the game becoming TF:GO, the best decision Valve could make is to shut down official severs and maybe the 2 people they have working on the game can stop pandering to TF2's largely retarded fanbase so they can focus on something else.

But yeah, the game is better than Overwatch, but only marginally so.
>>
>>382428482
>You're just bad at the game
76 is a generalist, he's literally designed that way.

The playerbase don't work with the hero switching mechanic, they play their "mains" and bitch at anyone who breaks meta even to counterpick, I don't play Overwatch because I don't find it satisfying. Orisa just felt lazy to me even though I know she does play differently.

>>382428574
I was talking about Blizzard games in general, because if I had just said 10 years, people would go but WoW, which has had several paid expansions and is an MMO. Feel free to talk shit on Ricochet man.
>>382428613
>>382428660
It works fantastically on a marketing level, for sure. But I wish there was player numbers available just because I'm curious as to the staying power of Overwatch, it seems to dip after like 2 weeks into a season or a hero has come out.
>>
>>382428482
Role switching is a "mechanic" in TF2 you fucking dipshit. If you've ever watched a 6v6 game people with the "utility" role need to change classes depending on the situation all the time. Google it.
>>
>>382428817
I can find a game in less than 30 seconds on casual, compared to Overwatch which always puts me in a Skirmish and takes a good 2 minutes, whether it's Quickplay or Comp. (Comp is more understandable because it's looking for similar skilled players.)

I'd deem that a more active playerbase.
>>
>>382428825
Man, fuck Ricochet.
>>
>>382428350
>It's another episode of "increasingly nervous man claims overwatch will die this month for sure"

According to you faggots Overwatch was dead during the second week it was out.
When will your doomsaying come to fruition? I want these threads to die, please try to be more accurate when you declare something dead.
>>
>>382429046
To be fair, it goes both ways. TF2 isn't dead, it's an old man with Alzheimer's. Some days he's like he was back when he got married and you remember the good old days. Others he yells at you and spits in your face, telling you he doesn't know who you are, and you don't know him any more.
>>
>>382428958
I find games instantly in quickplay, maybe it's your region? Idk, I've never had that problem.

Still, I play Overwatch the same way I used to play TF2 in the last months I played it, I only play with friends because they're too autistic to play other games.

If Valve can really sell me on them turning the franchise around, I'd reinstall in a heartbeat. But I can't imagine they care about T2 anymore :(
>>
>>382429183
But people have been declaring TF2 dead for years, and it's only just now passing away (albeit slowly). I can't do another 5 years man, I'll break.
>>
>>382429315
They need to make a TF2 Classic or a TF3 to get people to care about the series.

Current players will either fuck off or start playing a lot more with the Jungle update, but that's about as far as it'll go.
>>
>>382423368
>Reinhardt: deluded
>not Big Guy
>>
File: 1497696997032.jpg (450KB, 1085x1217px) Image search: [Google]
1497696997032.jpg
450KB, 1085x1217px
>>382429425
Even if we have a renaissance of TF2, it won't last another five years I don't think.
>>
>>382429474
Rein was designed to be the type of guy you'd find as a regular at a pub that buys everyone drinks. Giant but cheerful and chill. Not deep but not just generic tank man.
>>
>>382429554
Damn shame.

Now that I think about it, the community servers was what was keeping the game afloat. Are there any good ones out there that survived? My nostalgia boner is tingling.
>>
>>382423368
Overwatch is shit.
>>
>>382428278
reddit spacing isn't a real thing. fuck off /pol/
t. hate Overwatch
>>
File: 1487234635307.jpg (22KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
1487234635307.jpg
22KB, 351x351px
>>382429759
Put that thing away
>>
>>382429759
I mean, the community servers I play on are just shitposting mostly.

There's plenty of stuff if you just search for the map you want to play. Not too sure about quality though.
>>
>>382429876
It'll be the same as always. I'll play 4 rounds of nucleus, get really sad when I see a Banana hat, and uninstall.
>>
Honestly I find TF2 characters and the game in general to be insufferable.
Reminds me of the sense of humour me and my friends had when we were 13, except we grew up, you apparently haven't.
>>
>>382429474
4u
>>
>>382423368
yeah, overwatch is more diverse characters thanks for proving the point
>>
The problems with Overwatch are all about gameplay, bad maps and bad modes. None of the peripheral shit matters compared to that.
>>
>>382429046
I played it once and forgot it, the game is bland, boring, it´s like an arena shooter but reduced to the least. Everyone running around like headless chickens, throwing ultimates and shit hoping to make that epic play and spected to be shown at the end of the match.
So no, im not nervous for it, in fact i don´t care, but it´s a fact that the game is dying terribly. Take the aspect mentioned before as an example, now take this one. DotA2 (assfaggots) had a neat drop system, no matter the rarity nor the quality, it could drop in any game, was broken as hell and i made tons of ez cash with it plus bets + dotalounge, then the playerbase grew amazingly and i mean it. Then they nerfed that shit and now you´ll usually get a common or a rare every month.
It´s just marketing man, besides asian pc locals have accounts for it too, so add that to the equation.
>>
>>382429759
No idea. Most of the community servers i play on are mostly empty at any given time, which is sad. Most of them are filled with people who wants to play the game and don't want to worry about anything else.
>>
>>382430361
Do you have numbers to back up that overwatch is dying. I want to believe.
>>
>>382430361
>but it´s a fact that the game is dying terribly
Where are your sources?
I don't really care about dead irrelevant games like TF2 but I feel sorry for people like you are in complete denial.
>>
File: IMG_4359.png (81KB, 709x404px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4359.png
81KB, 709x404px
>>
>>382430695
There's plenty of anecdotal evidence of people getting bored with it and returning to TF2 or taking up Paladins instead.
Considering Blizzard refuses to release player numbers (no, the number of people that have bought the game doesn't count) we won't know how much it's struggling until it reaches Battleborn numbers.
>>
>>382430872
Yes we get it, you're 15 years old and you think fart and dick jokes are hilarious, lets move on.
Alternatively you could be american and don't have any sense of humour besides family guy and the big bang theory.
>>
>>382430950
There's a minority shilling paladins in OW threads but that's it.
I'm sorry to ask this but are you mentally retarded? Do you understand what the word 'fact' means?
>>
File: 1493251451941.png (942KB, 908x646px) Image search: [Google]
1493251451941.png
942KB, 908x646px
>>382423368
>Here's the real problem with this multiplayer-only shooter
>the personalities of these characters

Lore and plot in MP videogames was a mistake.
Who the fuck cares about these "characters" personalities?
Seriously, who gives a single fuck?
Do you play these online shooters to hear le epic quips?
>>
File: 1498761001181.jpg (160KB, 1200x880px) Image search: [Google]
1498761001181.jpg
160KB, 1200x880px
>>382423495
>OW has cute girls
>>
>>382431036
Are you mentally retarded? When was the word "fact" brought up?
>>
>>382430872
TF2 and Overwatch must be some massive pieces of shit when people prefer discussing the laughable "lore" in these online FPS games.
This cancerous subgenre needs to die, it has the potential of harming shooters far more than even COD and Battlefield.
>>
>>382431282
Sorry anon I thought you were the one who said 'but it´s a fact that the game is dying terribly'. My mistake.
>>
>>382424620
>He's a much better support than Medic since you can do everything at once and he has good offense.
>weak poop heal without ult
>gets blow up in 0.5 seconds
Orb of dickscord is good I give you as well as aoe heal, but medick with bolts have much more healing then faggnyatta.
>>
>>382430695
None of us will have any number if it´s dying, Blizzard signature of Ded Gaems goes along with that.
>WoW
>HotS
>HS

I wish i had, but i don´t.
>>382430867
How am in the denialed one? I couldn´t care less about NuBlizz and their drones actually.
>>
File: 1495831765482.png (433KB, 803x755px) Image search: [Google]
1495831765482.png
433KB, 803x755px
>>382424620
My brother.

I couldn't find any interest in OW unless I picked Zenyatta, and I'm also a lot calmer when I play him compared to other characters.
>>
>>382431036
TF2 players don't mind Paladins because they don't see it as direct competition. Overwatch is more popular and that scares them.
>>
>>382431471
Once you learn how to use him he's one of the best in the game. He can singlehandedly carry teams and is pretty tough to kill since you have three seconds of cover before your orbs break. Learn to use him before you complain.
>>
>>382427582
>implying overwatch isn't headed at high speed towards HotS levels of F2P/online play
>>
Funny how things turned out.
>tf2 comes out
>all the FPS fans talk shit about it being a casual shitfest and how nobody will play it
>it's garbage and dies quickly since it only has it's gameplay going for it and even that's shallow
>overwatch comes out suddenly TF2 fans clamour to shit on it
>hurr durr OW so casual, it's going to die, IN RUSSIA GUN SHOOTS YOU HAHA how could you not find that HILARIOUS, OW so bland
>overwatch going stronger than tf2 ever did
>>
is this thread just overwatch and valve devs throwing shit at each other?
>>
How do you function in society only being able to recognize simple archetypal personalities?
>>
>entire tf2 cast
>wacky dumb haha funny idiot who wears silly hats and dances around the battlefield lol so randum

>overwatch
>who gives a shit call me when there's a new character to fap to

stagnant genre that's only useful for playing with friends
>>
File: 1406186027207.png (47KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1406186027207.png
47KB, 645x773px
>>382432245
Not even a dev I do it for free since i'm just addicted to flinging shit like a nigger.
It's pretty fucking sad when you think about it, maybe I should stop.
>>
No, the real problem with Overwatch are its shitty events that are going to occur year after year with likely very little changes. Blizzard are such control freaks that we can't even have custom maps, and have to wait for their sterilized shitty maps.
>>
>playing a multiplayer only game because of the characters personality
Jesus, just go suck a cock
>>
>>382424620
Why the fuck do I feel the same way when I play him?
Something about using him. He is pretty damn great.
>>
>>382432027
>>overwatch going stronger than tf2 ever did
KEK
>>
>>382432012
30 million players baby.
>>
>>382423368
10/10 bait, made me reply. (You) truly deserve this (you)
>>
>>382432935
At TF2's release everyone was shouting about how good Portal and HL2 was. TF2 was the afterthought everyone played because they were curious. It didn't pick up to crazy levels until it was free, and that's expected of a polished title going f2p. Overwatch is doing about as well as TF2 whilst being a full price game.
>>
>>382432578
I still play Warcraft III for the custom games and Frozen Throne came out almost 15 years ago. Even compared to other Blizzard games the content in Overwatch gets rolled out at a snail's pace - I look at Heroes of the Storm and it seems like they get a new hero every other week.
>>
>>382433052
TF2 was extremely popular before it was free, what universe do you live in?
>>
File: 1490304392777.jpg (27KB, 320x289px) Image search: [Google]
1490304392777.jpg
27KB, 320x289px
>>382426993
>this whole post
>>
>>382426993
Ultimates are fucking cancer and should never be in any game
>>
>>382430954
>>382431386
What a bunch of faggot
>>
File: 1460670128364.png (302KB, 604x624px) Image search: [Google]
1460670128364.png
302KB, 604x624px
>>382433448
>tfw this is the state of /v/ in 2017
Please normalfags just fuck off to reddit.
>>
>>382433527
Hi summerfag
>>
File: 1475973186239.png (753KB, 1683x2432px) Image search: [Google]
1475973186239.png
753KB, 1683x2432px
I like TF2 better but

>McCree = John Wayne, alcoholic
>Pharah = authoritarian mall cop
>Reaper= edgy
>Soldier = also a bit edgy, but also dad
>Sombra = subtle, shady
>Tracer = bubbly, vibrant, playful
>Bastion = a dog
>Hanzo = pompous, arrogrant, honor-bound
>Junkrat = comedy relief, insane, greedy
>Mei = soft-spoken, intellectual, possibly evil
>Torbjorn = grumpy, racist, creative
>Widowmaker = cold, distant, distinctly evil
>D.va = cocky, obnoxious, competitive
>Orisa = another authoritarian mall cop
>Reinhardt = dedicated, zealous, grandpa
>Winston = intelligent, insightful, wants to do good
>Zarya = nationalist, racist, really likes fitness
>Ana = sarcastic, grandma
>Lucio = charismatic, friendly, wants to do good
>Mercy = caring doctor archetype
>Symmetra = OCD, self-centered, autistic
>Zenyatta = Buddhist monk archetype
>Roadhog = intimidating, soft-spoken, possible serial killer

And this is just from the game alone
>>
File: gcfJOyi.jpg (46KB, 500x442px) Image search: [Google]
gcfJOyi.jpg
46KB, 500x442px
>>382423368
>Personality mattering in a game where you kill people.
>Not liking someone based on gameplay.The Meet the X was just a bonus.
>>
>>382434136

It's also important to note that a lot of these characters related to each other act a bit alike despite their personalities, which is clever.

>Reaper, Widowmaker and Sombra are all assholes who don't really like each other
>Reaper, Soldier and Ana are all a bit sarcastic and edgy
>Tracer, Winston and Lucio are all really energetic, optimistic, charismatic, typical superhero types
>>
You aren't going to have this in Overwatch, that's for sure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzZ6GrRTgrM
>>
>>382433052
Quit making shit up. When tf2 came out everyone is sucking its dick. It had no competition in the MP team shooter and the only complain in the early days is balancing and the lack of more items.
>>
>>382432027
>popularity makes a game not casual
come the fuck on /v/, you're better than this
>>
>>382433032
*30 million purchases
>>
>>382435572
In my experience i'd say 95% of purchasers are still playing the game regularly.
No it's not quite 30 million but it's still pretty damn high.
More than tf2 at least and tf2 is free lol
>>
>>382435572
*30 million unique players which doesn't discriminate against smurf accounts, people doing something once at a gaming cafe in Korea or China, and of course, the numerous F2P periods
>>
>>382433080
HotS devs have their shit together. More content, better lootbox system, better skins.
>>
>>382434306
There actually are but there's not many and they're rare
>>
>>382435759
Also includes open/closed betas.
>>
File: CA9EO8jUgAAN4QC.jpg (9KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
CA9EO8jUgAAN4QC.jpg
9KB, 500x400px
>>382426993
>Blizzard polish
You mean the russian roulette of who will get nerfed to the ground in the current patch?
>>
File: 1488740312110.jpg (79KB, 692x401px) Image search: [Google]
1488740312110.jpg
79KB, 692x401px
>>382434306
I hate that OW banter is so sterile. Even characters that absolutely despise each other have fuck-all to say when they kill each other. Soldier 76 and Reaper who have some of the better performances in the game will just barely acknowledge each other's "death" by their own hands. Tracer and Widowmaker will barely say a word when they finish another one of their showdowns.

Imagine if the Soldier was in OW. He'd be screaming things about robot and hippies every time he killed Zenyatta and it'd be great.
>>
>>382427018
It tells much about you when you say that the cardboard-like "personalities" from overwatch are realistic.
>>
>>382435734
>In my experience
Oh you mean baseless claims that you just pulled out of your ass?
>>
>>382436310
>"Dominated, you autonomous hippie!"

>"I'd like to see you try and rewind yourself out of a grave!"

The banter potential is endless.
>>
>>382423368
not even an overwatch drone but the game got plenty of people into its lore and characters. Sure it's easy for you to say that because OW has a larger cast but the majority of the characters are memorable
>>
>>382436310
Would be fucking rad as hell.
>medic arguing with mercy about medical ethics
>heavy and zarya just talking in Russian
>engi wanting to tear apart zeynatta and genji
>scout hitting on everyone
Also what comic is the pic from?
>>
>>382425468
Just dropped into this thread to say you're a fucking faggot holy shit
>>
>>382436951
Death of a Salesbot

http://www.teamfortress.com/roboticboogaloo/comic.php
>>
File: 1482721105238.gif (3MB, 355x201px) Image search: [Google]
1482721105238.gif
3MB, 355x201px
>>382423368
>If I put a one word description by a character from Overwatch with a ? then I made a point

All you need to do is go to the Overwatch wiki to loo into character backstories OP. Lets talk about why TF2 is really shit because of the cosmetic cash shops and idiots like you who probably dropped real money on hats. Oh and that $1000 box that's in the shop...lets talk about that.
>>
If one plays OW and TF2 and can say with a straight face that OW is objectively superior in any way, that person has no no grasp of game design. Disregard all the shitty updates TF2 has received over the past few years, the base game + the first few solid updates make for a simply fantastic game in pretty much every way. Balance, depth, character specialization and roles, and so on.

TF2 is the pinnacle of team/class based shooters. If it can get better than that, it has yet to happen.

Before anyone gets their panties in bunch, Overwatch is a team/HERO-based shooter, so they are somewhat different in base design. OW is still inferior to say, Paladins, however.
>>
File: theriddler_gotham.jpg (171KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
theriddler_gotham.jpg
171KB, 970x545px
>>382426993
>Ultimates create another layer of depth
>>
>>382437464
>disregard the way the game plays now guise!!

No
>>
>>382437464
It's sad how unpolished Paladins is yet it's still a more complex game than OW.
>>
>>382437838
Don't disregard it, then. The base game and all it's qualities are still there. Talk as much as you'd like about how all the shitty updates from 2011 forward ruined the game, but it's still one of the best multiplayer shooters around.

You didn't work hard for it, but here's your (You).

>>382437960
Indeed it is.
>>
>>382437838
who are you quoting
Thread posts: 166
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.