[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>reinstall >good music on the menu >play a game >have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 4e62683b2989d.jpg (123KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
4e62683b2989d.jpg
123KB, 1280x720px
>reinstall
>good music on the menu
>play a game
>have fun
>play whoever I want
>no one spamming me PLS GET THE FUCK OFF YOUR CHARACTER
>no one threatening to "throw"
>remember good times

Fuck bros, what happened?
>>
compfags ruined fun
>>
here's my take. Jeff's development team really wanted to do their new MOBA, whatever they were going to call it besides "Titan", but the idea was scrapped for some reason or another. time constraints? budget? didn't matter; blizzard needed an idea to be pitched, or they would all be moved to other projects. so, they took Titan's art and said "whatever, team-based FPS."

none of these people knew how to make a competitive shooter, or a relatively fun one at that. all they know is "strategy > all" and how to nickel-and-dime people into debt without really trying. they didn't have fun making it, they don't have fun maintaining it, and the only reason they bother is because it makes money.

the entire system for playing the game is fucked. opening boxes - that you can also buy - became the core concept of the game, alongside levelling up, and only takes a backseat to maintaining personal statistics for bragging rights and telling other people "IM A TOP 20 NA FAGGOT IM BETTER THAN YOU" on the forums.

this project was doomed as soon as it started.
>>
>>382422667
>OW is doomed
The millions of people playing it daily say hi.
>>
>>382422139
No esports cancer shoved in. A shame, since it's the only game I'd watch if it were. Wasted potential since its complex game and not just rock paper scissors hard counter bullshit. Maybe it's best this way, since the vocal minority of compfags is annoying enough as is.
>>
>>382422265
>>382422887
Pubs are the only reason why TF2 is still unbalanced
>>
>>382423417
Correction: TF2 was and should've been balanced around pubs and 12v12 matches.
If compfags wanted a show of skill in a purely equal event with equal opportunities, then comp should've been pure vanilla stock weapons 24/7
>>
TF2 had a really nice competitive scene before it got skullfucked by the content updates and the F2P model.

>nostalgiafag, the game was always casual to begin with!!!

It had an immensely fun 6v6 / 7v7 scene with comps and strategies. When the game started introducing the gorillion weapons and retarded playstyles, combined with making the game free to play, the focus on the tournaments drifted away and then ceased to exist in favor of games like CS:GO and Overwatch, as well as the in-game market for cosmetic shit.
>>
>>382423645
They already balanced the game around pubs you idiot,that's why 1/5 of the weapons are still unusable.
>>
>>382422849
>The millions of people playing it daily
[citation needed]

And vague promotional statements from Bullzzard don't count.
>>
>>382423963
Then buff the unusable weapons and be done with it, or just let the weapons stay in their niches
>>
>>382424298
They are already doing that,plus nerfing OP items
http://www.teamfortress.com/post.php?id=30147
>>
>>382422139
I've been playing again since a few weeks and having a blast.
/v/ is just overreacting as always.
>>
>>382423864
>cosmetic shit
You are speaking of the game who invented the concept of cosmetic shit and his market. Without tf2 we didnt have all the thing you hate.
>>
The game was heavily wounded and still playable until they killed private servers because apparently pc players are a bunch of autist that don't know how to use the in-game server browser so they had to add quickplay

>Kill private servers to add quickplay
>remove quickplay later on

Thanks valve.
>>
Is Valve the worst video game developer out there? At least Bioware isn't intentionally nefarious they're just retarded
>>
How do you get good at rocket jumping? I keep doing it like I would do in Quake but it feels off and not what I want.
>>
>>382422667
You don't need to open boxes to play the game, the game already comes with everything you need to play the game, it's unlike TF2 where you might want to use a different loadout but you haven't unlocked it yet.
>>
>>382425005
What are you talking about? Nobody used quickplay,what killed private servers was matchmaking that is not that bad anyway.
>>
File: a.jpg (455KB, 4096x2160px) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
455KB, 4096x2160px
>released before tf2
>still looks incredible
>>
>>382422139
12 to 16 players per team means there's usually more than one person covering each role, one single shitty player can't ruin the game for the entire team

That's my problem with OW really, besides the maps being clusterfucks there's a lot of pressure to do your job well because if you fuck up there's only 5 people to pick up your slack as opposed to 11 or 15
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.