[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so they recommend you to connect this wired but what if my TV

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: header.jpg (14KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
14KB, 460x215px
so they recommend you to connect this wired but what if my TV and very far away from my computer? I have DSL and my wireless is only 10mbps, and steam link has horrible lag
>>
>>382411987
The type of internet connection you have doesn't matter, but if you're gonna use it wireless you sure as shit better have an 802.11ac router.
>>
>>382411987
>what if my TV and very far away from my computer?
Why would you use it if the TV was close to the computer?
> I have DSL
Doesn't matter
>>
You might want to invest in a better router, steam link supports up to 100MB on wireless LAN. I would definitely say the 10MB on your connection is bottlenecking it. Wired will almost always be better but I've used my wireless a few times and it was playable in most situations.
>>
>>382412215
>I would definitely say the 10MB on your connection is bottlenecking it.
To clarify if 10MB is your connection bandwidth that does not matter but if that is all the faster your wireless can support you definitely need a new router.
>>
>>382411987

You need a powerline ethernet adapter. You connect one unit to your router and the other to the steam link. They use the copper wiring in your house to transmit signals.
>>
>>382412101
>Why would you use it if the TV was close to the computer?
that's where the router is, so ok I connect steam link to the router, I still need to run a long Ethernet cable or can I just use wireless?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+setup+steam+link
>>
>>382414248
You can use wifi to connect it to your PC, but if you have an older router the wifi is probably too slow.
You need at least 802.11n wifi, preferably 802.11ac.

Alternately you can get a powerline adapter as >>382412423 mentioned.

That or git gud and run some cat6 through your walls.
>>
>>382414527
what about the HDMI cable? need a long ass cable for that and I will prob trip over
>>
>>382414637
What? The HDMI cable just goes from the Steam Link to your TV.
>>
Okay so, I'm not OP but have a similar question.
>computer is in office
>router is in the main living room, only connected to the wall socket
>tv is in the main living room
The little infographic that came with Steam Link shows the router connected to the computer, does it matter if it's not? The living room is the best spot for wifi internet connection to all people's computers in the house.
The wifi speed is 130 mb/s
>>
I just bought a 50' Ethernet cord and it works great.
>>
>>382411987
Use a powerline set?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.