[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have to try and come up with a reason why there's fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 183
Thread images: 13

File: maxresdefault.jpg (198KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
198KB, 1280x720px
>have to try and come up with a reason why there's fucking robot dinosaurs
>do a pretty good job of it

This game was a lot better than I thought it would be. I'd been avoiding open world games for a long time but felt an itching for one, this definitely scratched it.

What does /v/ think about it? Without shit flinging because of exclusives and BotW etc..
>>
>has to explain why there is robot dinosaurs

See, this is why games are shit these days. Everything has to be "lore" and "canon" for all the autists. Shit like multiplayer being "canon" in Halo is the dumbest shit ever. Who gives a shit, just pick your character and frag.
>>
>>382405801
It's not bad but I'm not a fan of the (human) animations, the voice acting, and the "follow the trail" quests.
Also I found it very odd how during sidequests, every male was actually either evil or stupid.
>>
>>382405918
Well it's a pretty big elephant in the room.
>>
>>382405918
>Shit like multiplayer being "canon" in Halo is the dumbest shit ever.

that's cool as fuck you dudebro
>>
>>382405918
>>382407876
They made mp canon in the story?
>>
>>382405801
/v/ hates it because 'muh non-sex-icon female lead" and "wow they mentioned CLIMATE REFUGEES in A GAME ABOUT CLIMATE CHANGE WTFFF FUCKING SJWS"
>>
i got bored of it and probably wont go back to finish it, but my theory was that the dinosaurs were created to replace extinct species

how close am i?
>>
>>382408742
Eh, not completely missing the mark, but that's not why they're there.
If you want to know, heavy spoilers:
They're to terraform the world to make it inhabitable for the new generation of humans, which are all clones. An AI decides on the designs of the machines, and chose animals to represent the life that was lost the apocalypse where all bio matter on earth was erased
>>
>>382410158
>getting this autistic over riding the machines
With regard to the stealth, of course AC does it better, it's a series built around stealth based gameplay. Or at least it's still pretending to be.
>>
File: Varl the Aloy Smasher.png (510KB, 534x787px) Image search: [Google]
Varl the Aloy Smasher.png
510KB, 534x787px
The REAL winner is Varl,Aloy turned down that autistic soldier crying over his sister and a baby face faggu king to be with the ALMIGHTY BBC.
>>
>>382405801
>What does /v/ think about it?
Liked it. Waiting for the DLC.
This was pretty much first open world for me when it didn't feel like devs didn't know what to fill the world with and just scattered around a shitload of collectables.

I'd love some changes though like more hunting trials with longer, more complicated tasks and a better melee.
>>
>>382411170
>>yeah let's make a batman game where you can steal cars and ride them, but no batmobile
>Then what's the point?
>>and batman can only use guns and fists, and only two gadgets
>Then its not fucking batman is it?

This is a terrible analogy. Not every game has to break new ground to be worthwhile.
>>
>>382411170
>This game does NOTHING new.
Welcome to the real world anon.
Took you quite a while to notice.
You'll be more surprised when you realize this applies basically to all of them once you played
enough games.
The whole masterpiece vs garbage depends on properly mixing already existing elements and then some polish (you can skip this part if you're Bethesda and the masses will lap the buggy shit up anyway).
>>
>>382411652
>wage statement again about some random games doing something better basically saying 'i didn't like the game'
This post tells NOTHING new.
>>
>>382411548
>Its a great one actually
It's your analogy, of course you'd think this.
However, new mechanics aren't the holy grail to which all games are judged by. GTA V offered absolutely nothing new for example and does a lot of things worse than other games.
As >>382411509 remarks; this argument can be made for the majority of the industry. Barely any games are innovative besides indies because of the budget of modern games. HZD does have a unique and interesting world and concept, which is more than many games have these days. It seems unfair to criticise it for having mechanics other games do better though, since that's a criticism that holds no weight at all in this day and age.

More side content? Fine. More activities? Sure. Removal of out of map boundaries? Ok. All legitimate criticism, but that you can kill giant enemies in monster hunter so do that instead? It's just retarded.
>>
>>382410648
By what reasoning, anon? She effectively friendzoned Varl and pretty much told Erend she'd be happy to let him "see more of her" later on.
>>
>>382412298
>what I already disproved
Where?
>>
>>382412496
>argument falls apart so he resorts to generic insults because he's backed into a corner
Anon, you're pathetic.
>>
>>382412496
do you derive satisfaction from knowing people read your posts and think "that anon sure is a massive fag"
>>
>>382405918
> Games are shit because there's a good story line happening that also explains shit that is happening in the world

Is this real life?
>>
>>382405801
Your shilling is almost as shifty as the game itself.
You should feel bad, man.
>>
>>382405801
Yeah, I really don't get why /v/ was in such an uproar about it, aside from the female lead thing, which I couldn't give a shit less about, and the Nora tribe being a matriarchy. I'm convinced that people who bitched about that didn't actually play the game, because the Nora are seen as backward savages by the other tribes.

Hunting robot dinosaurs is fun as hell, and the game fucking oozes atmosphere. I give big props to their art team for that. The overgrown city ruins early on is the first time that I've genuinely been that impressed by a game's graphics in a very long time.
>>
>>382412860
>shill shill shill [X]
>I'm seriously laughing my ass off lol! [X]
>reading comprehension [X]
>mental gymnastics [X]
>will leave once I get bored [X]

It's ironic you criticise a game for doing nothing original when you're as cliched as they come.
>>
>>382413012
not only are the nora seen as backwards savages by other tribes, they're explicitly shown by the story itself to be ignorant bigoted hypocrites who shunned a baby and palmed her off on another outcast to be raised in the wild just because they didn't know who the mother was

to say nothing of the fact aloy shits on them from a great height once they start hailing her as some kind of chosen one
>>
>>382413301
>to say nothing of the fact aloy shits on them from a great height once they start hailing her as some kind of chosen one
I found this part quite satisfying.
>>
>>382405801
Why are they dinosaurs again?
>>
>>382413459
If you can keep the outbursts to a minimum, that'd be great.
>>
>>382413450
The terraforming AI was designed to appreciate form as well as function, and modelled them after extinct megafauna due to a fondness for them based on what she'd learned from her information banks.
>>
>>382413450
Not entirely sure on the dinosaur aspect, but the animals were because of the extinction of all life. So it was a nice form to choose as something that intends to terraform the world so that it's liveable again
>>
>>382412102
I heard if you go to Rost's grave and continue telling it about your story, Aloy says she likes Varl. Haven't confirmed it though.
>>
>>382413729
>>382413584
I know you're butthurt anon, but damn. Try to lessen the autism.
>>
File: I'm shitposting ironically.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
I'm shitposting ironically.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>382413902
>>
>>382413459
Do you honestly think that Sony would pay someone to come to /v/ of all places, and shill for a game that is months past its relevance, or are you just RPing a "spot the shill" character right now?
>>
Could we get back into a proper discussion? I'd like to hear more genuine opinions of the game.
>>
can I put a bag/mask/anything over mc's head? Usually I'm not so petty/vain that I can't play a character that looks dumb/ugly but her face really bothers me
>>
>>382414885
You can get an armor that hides her face after a certain story mission.
>>
>>382414885
She is fairly ugly, which is strange because I found some of the female NPCs in the game to not look all that bad. But it was her voice that I disagreed with more, I knew it was ashley burch, but even if I didn't, the voice didn't feel like it fit and was bland.
>>
>>382414760
Yes, now that the butt hurt anons are gone.
Tbh its my game of the year. Never played anything like it before.
Everything about it is really so perfect!
>>
>>382414940
What's up with that suit you find in the Ancient Armory questline that you need to get power cells for? Is that a legit power armor that you get to wear, or something?
>>
>>382415097
And I don't mean to samefag so forgive me, but the more I think about it the more perfect it is. Just honestly, all the heart racing battles and touching story. Its just so beautiful. I don't think there's any game that can even compare.
>>
>>382415097
No, it's disappointing really. It's just regular nora armour in appearance with a shield around it (glows blue in various places)
It is technically power armour in that it absorbs damage with the shield before your health drops, but don't expect to be walking around like iron man or anything.
>>
>>382412102
>>382413797
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjnGUi6PPnI

@2:40
>>
>>382415097
Yes, it gives you recharging shield like Halo. Makes battles a lot easier, but you can basically only get if you get to the end of the story, and by that time players have usually cleared all side content as well.
>>
>>382415196
>end of the story, and by that time players have usually cleared all side content as well.
Ridiculous when games do this. You can replay the final mission, but there's literally no reason to unless you want upgrades/xp, but to that end, all you can do is kill more machines. Unless you've left all side content until the end.
>>
>>382415019
I thought it was pretty good but nothing special.
>>
>>382415210
>>382415157
>>382415019
Do you really have nothing better to do today?
>>
>>382415163
>>382415196
I see, probably not going to bother then.
>>
>>382415467
With that said, there's also a mystery box you can get that has items you need to find (like the power cores), don't bother with that either. It just has some garbage mods in it that are worse than simply killing a thunderjaw once.
>>
>>382415382
Why do you think that?
>>382415453
What are you talking about?
>>
>>382415550
Just really didn't do anything for me. All of it was just bland. Idk, didn't like it.
>>
>>382415651
Anything specific or just open world fatigue?
>>
>>382415651
I'm sorry to hear that. To me it honestly might be my favorite game of all time. I mean I just can't understand how someone can not like it.
>>
>>382415706
Can't really exp!ain it desu, it felt like it was just missing stuff. Idk how to put it but it just felt bland and didn't do it for me. Love the concept though.
>>382415738
Different strokes for different folks.
>>
It did have plenty of flaws, but the quality of sandbox, the side-quests, and most of all the combat mechanics made it the most enjoyable game I've played this year. Will probably end up as my GOTY.
>>
>>382415818
Fair enough, killing the machines got tedious after a while, many times just getting to a destination they were just an annoyance, which was a shame.
>>
It has its flaws but honestly will probably be my goty. What it does it does perfect.
>>
>>382415914
It's my GOTY so far, but I've not played many games this year. Including Nioh, Nier or Persona. I expect at least one of those to be at the top spot until something else comes along. Maybe Cuphead? Or shadow of war
>>
I don't get all the sjw hate. If anything it seems like niggers are the problem with the world. I enjoyed the story quite a bit and honestly the gameplay is fucking perfect and never gets old, played it twice already.
>>
>>382416083
Yeah, Shadow of war is the one I expect to be the primal contender. Ni-Oh was very good in its mechanics, but its visual design left me too bored, the whole game you spent in copypasted Japanese villages. And I was never into Persona series, or JRPG at all, pretty much only JRPG I ever actually liked was The Last Remnant because of its insane complexity.
>>
>>382416228
It's kind of funny because the game got criticism for drawing parallels to native American culture. So it was getting hate from both sides of the fence.
>>
>>382416267
I'm meh about JRPGs, but P5 is getting a lot of praise, same with Nier, which seems more bullet hell. But I also forgot RE:7 came out early this year, so I don't know, might be that. Though it's significantly shorter than HZD, it was pretty good.
>>
>>382416292
Hah, that is pretty funny!
>>
>>382416228
Well, Sylens is more of a grey villain, while all the actually evil villains are white men: the Carja guy who believes himself to be the chosen one, Ted Faro who brought apocalypse because of his greed and murdered scientists because of paranoia, Travis Tate who wrote Hades and acted like a rapist around the scientists. And the rest of white males we see are all incompetent, while women and ethnic minorities are all strong and capable. But because of that Erend turned out to be the best character in the game, since he was allowed to have flaws and throughout his quest shown good development over them.
>>
>>382416560
>Travis Tate who wrote Hades
This wasn't a bad thing, he was brought in specifically to create the thing. He did his job, his only shortcomings were the way he acted, but he didn't do anything bad.
>>
>>382416692
He didn't do a very good job, since Hades went rogue after separation and didn't inspect the state of the world before taking decision to destroy it.
>>
>>382416797
It was Hades job to inspect the state of the world, merely to destroy it. He did a good enough job for it to be finalized and everyone on the project to be satisfied with it, the brightest minds left on the planet.
Whatever hit Gaia and caused all her subroutines to be independent was the problem, we don't even know what that was. Hopefully not something stupid like aliens.
>>
>>382416797
>He didn't do a very good job, since Hades went rogue after separation
This wasn't his fault. The end of the game very clearly mentions that someone hacked Hades and used him to try to destroy the world.
Which personally, the idea of Hades seems fucking dumb to begin with. I understand he was there to reset the world if it was created wrong, but it seemed like such a fucking risk to take. Then again it probably wouldn't have gone wrong if fucking TED FARO DIDN'T DESTROY THE WORLD FUCKING TWICE
>>
>>382416918
>wasn't* Hades job to inspect the state of the world
>>
>>382416797
This is all explained in-game anon. Hades is supposed to be like he is, because he was only allowed to become free after it was clear the world needed a clean slate. Now, he was freed without that need, but his whole programming compels him to eradicate the planet
>>
>>382416964
It's explained that GAIA could mess up but wasn't capable of destroying her own creations. Thus the need for Hades.
>>
>>382416918
And he could do with a failsafe to give Hades basic algorithms of his own to make a judgement whether the world is really requiring another apocalypse. That's bad programming if your artificial intelligence isn't intelligent.
>>
>>382416964
>the idea of Hades seems fucking dumb to begin with.
To be fair, it's explained by Travis in the hologram about Hades that if the world formed in such a way, life simply couldn't survive. Which would make the whole project meaningless. As he says, there could be 100 ft high waves etc.. (paraphrasing, but that's the gist of it)

I think they could've made it have a lot more failsafes, but then they were very strapped for time and any work they could've done to improve it was ruined by that dickhead who killed all the scientists and erased Apollo.
>>
>>382416918
>Hopefully not something stupid like aliens.
It's gotta be either robots gaining sentience, or somewhere in the world another group of scientists built their own ark and somehow it all went to shit, either with them slowly going insane as the generations pass with their kids/clones, or they were taken over by savages when people started repopulating the planet
>>
>>382417168
>>382417173
>>
>>382417202
My take is that the swarm knew that without biomass, it'll eventually die. Being conscious itself, it set about creating a plan to hibernate and awaken when life exists again. Thus, it compelled Hades to re-awaken it with the signal.
>>
>>382405918
I agree, you don't have to explain everything, sometimes, it's even the worst thing you could do.
>>
>>382417379
Unravelling the mystery of the world was one of the most interesting aspects of the game.
>>
>>382417284
Wasn't it in one of Travis' logs that he programmed Hades to wipe the world by awakening swarm again since it's way easier than develop his own de-terraforming solutions?
>>
>>382417456
I don't recall seeing that one. Would be very stupid if it's true.
>>
>>382417516
I'm pretty sure I found it in the ruins of Gaia core.
>>
>>382417284
I highly doubt that. Obviously Hades and the other AI programs wouldn't be made to communicate with the machines outside. And the ending seemed to hint that someone was actually behind it, not just the programming, the final line was
>Now you still have some things you promised to tell me. Like who your friends who woke you up are
This doesn't really make sense if the machines just went into hibernation. The ending was definitely set up for a sequel, and that alone isn't enough to justify a story for it
>>
>>382417168
That's completely true, but also explained: they programmed the bare essentials with the deadline of the robot plague, and were planning to use the remaining 40 / 50 years of life left in the bunker to finetune and add failsafes. Enter Ted faro...
>>
>>382417284
It's the AI Vast Silver. Obviously obvious if you peruse the glyphs. Far Zenith is a ruse.
>>
>>382417585
They wouldn't communicate with them, but knew Hades' purpose and knew the only way it could achieve that purpose would be to awaken the old machines. So the swarm sabotaged GAIA into making it's subroutines sentient and knew Hades' would do what it was programmed to do, thus allowing the swarm to awaken.
It makes sense.
Sylus at the end asking that question just shows he doesn't know the cause of Hades' awakening, it doesn't necessarily mean Hades' knows either.

Either way, perhaps in the DLC they'll tell us what happened.
>>
>>382417591
I'm honestly amazed Ted Faro was even fucking allowed in the bunker. I get it's for the sake of the story so he could be a paranoid fucking idiot and destroy the world, but you think the smartest scientists in the world would have seen that shit coming a mile away from how Ted was throwing tantrums about how they shouldn't give the future of humanity knowledge because "They'd just repeat our mistakes even though they'd clearly fucking see that it made the world end!"
Yeah, they needed Ted's money for the project, but they should have just taken it and kicked his ass to the curb, or at the very least give him ZERO clearance on any computers, and not let him anywhere near the projects.
>>
>>382416560
The most Hamfisted SJW pandering for me was the fact that Gaia was given avatar of a black woman. I could take all the women being strong and independent, that's a possibility, especially since most men die in wars, raids, mass-slaughters, as per usual human history. I was fine with Zero Dawn team having all the ethnic minorities, maybe in fifty years muslims will have actually good education. But Gaia being black was just very blatant tokenism. Imagine, in the situation where you were to create an avatar for it, what would your choices be based on? You would probably base it on ancient Greek representations, since that's the origin of the name. You could base it on your own mother, since she'd have to be the mother of humanity. You could base it on yourself, if you're really egotistic. But why would you make it a random black woman? That's just not a logical process of a human mind.
>>
>game teases you with hints, diary entries and mysteries for most of the story
>you are tantalised and cannot wait to find out the truth, and
>they reveal it all at once in hours and hours of expository dialogue while you lose the will to live fumbling around the ruins of underground bunkers

T-thanks
>>
>>382417820
I don't buy it personally, that cliffhanger is a huge thing that will no doubt be present in the sequel. When you consider that the machines just hibernating and then sabotaging GAIA, which they should have no knowledge of beyond Alloy's mom having to sacrafice herself to close the vent towards the end of the game.
>>
>>382417897
He funded the project. He also wasn't in the same bunker, he had his own bunker (thebes, a "whorehouse" according to sobeck).
>>
>>382417897
While all true, it's as good a reason as any as to why the knowledge was never passed on. It's much better than something like "the system malfunctioned" etc..
>>
>>382418014
>which they should have no knowledge of beyond Alloy's mom having to sacrafice herself to close the vent towards the end of the game.
It's possible they learned a great deal from that though, we're never told how intelligent the AI is or what it's truly capable of. Still, it's only my thoughts on the possibility. Right now, the only thing we can do is guess as to what happened to GAIA
>>
>>382418008
>he prefers cutscenes to optional audio that you can let play in the background.
Pleb detected
>>
>>382418029
I know he funded the project, I mentioned that in the last line of my post. Also I don't think he was confined to his whorehouse, I think the Sobeck log just said that he spent all his time cooped up in there.
>>382418036
It's a good reason for the knowledge not to be passed on, but it was painfully obvious Ted should never have been there after he caused the world to end. Like shit, you think the people working there would have resented the shit out of him. There's no way Sobeck didn't tell at least one person about it, and it doesn't take a genius to piece together that it's his machines destroying fucking everything
>>
>>382417897
He didn't have clearance, he hacked his way into the system.
>>
>>382416560
Isn't the Shadow Carja champion vaguely Middle-Eastern or is it just the clothes that make every Carja soldier look like that.
>>
>>382405949
Some of the animations were amazing, others were really fucking weird.

Still, this game has some of the most fucking beautiful people in it. Holy shit.
>>
>>382417897
>Ted had enough security clearance to completely delete everyone's work and then gas them to death

Seriously wtf
>>
>>382418169
I agree that Ted doing what he did should've been preventable, but meh, just one of those things in a story. Could've been worse and had a ton more plot holes.
I personally thought Travis was the one that was going to sabotage the project, what with him being how he is and the fact he created Hades and all. Guess he was just a red herring.
>>
File: helis.jpg (886KB, 1920x3413px) Image search: [Google]
helis.jpg
886KB, 1920x3413px
>>382418190
Doesn't look all that middle-eastern to me. His skin is especially pale and his eyes are bright grey.
>>
>>382418174
Why did he even have enough access to be able to hack it in the first place

Someone keep a fucking eye on Ted
>>
>>382418283
Travis may have looked like a twat throughout the Zero Dawn logs, but in his message to Elizabeth's memorial he showed himself to be quite a nice person on the inside.
>>
Perhaps that space mission that failed was the reason behind Hades' release? We hear about it in logs as a 2nd hope for mankind, but only learn it failed. Seems like a big deal to have so much information on it when it's somewhat irrelevant to the plot itself. I suppose it furthers the lack of hope or urgency, but it'd make almost no difference to not have it. So it might play a bigger role.
>>
>>382415179
That's not really much to go on.
>>
>>382418589
If it wasn't there people would question why didn't they just colonize another planet.
>>
>>382418286
God this fucker had a lot of health. I ran out of sticky grenade crafting mats and only got him to like 25%.
>>
>>382418680
Because of the timeframe they were under and all resources going into finishing Zero Dawn. Seems like a good reason. Especially since the public thought it to be a super weapon to end the war, nobody would question it.
>>
>>382418757
I didn't like the setting of that battle.
>>
>>382418894
Yeah, the arena could be a lot better than just two stairs with a bunch of exploding barrels.
>>
>>382418757
There's a ton of blaze barrels and his AI is very exploitable, he's also slow as fuck. Just run around shooting them. Easy.
>>
>>382405801
Why did you upload a picture that marketers use OP?
>>
>>382418986
I'm not saying he's hard, jjust that he was a massive bullet sponge. I thing corrupted Thunderjaw had less actual HP than him.
>>
>>382419030
>first google result
>people are lazy
>>
>>382419116
Fair enough, he does did feel like a bullet sponge. At least with the machines you can remove parts etc... which makes fights somewhat more interesting
>>
>MC is a butterface
>no sexy outfits
>no cute outfits
>most characters are women
>all are stronk and independent aint needing no sausage
>all horrendously ugly at worst, butterfaces at best
>all males are either villains or submissive cuckboys who can't do shit on their own
>image of what is basically digital god is fugly niggress in her 40s
>what is basically digital devil has deep badass male voice

Like what the shit? Isn't this game made by killzone devs? I expected some cool sci-fi shit, not this fucking anti-man, female pride world wide Stormfront parade.

I mean mechs were cool, but you have only one melee weapon with one combo, so it's isn't even sci-monster hunter I expected it to be.
>>
>>382417897
He actually had his own bunker and because he paid for the whole Zero Dawn project he had a hardware backdoor installed.
>>
>>382410982
Honestly the only problems I had with this game were
>bullet sponge heavier machines on hard
>quests were short and kinda basic, they should be longer, especially when they separated tasks and quests
>not enough machine variations

I mean they were really good, design wise, but there were not enough of them.

Plus I am still mad that you can't ride sawtooth nor climb on thunderjaw like in sotc.
>>
>>382405801
Would have been better as a non-open world, story focused, Uncharted-like game.
>>
>>382419294
This isn't even scratching the surface of why this game is so bad.
>>
>>382419463
Yeah, but at the same time he should have never even been allowed in. They should have taken his money and just fucking killed him, or at the very least imprison him in a cell with no way of accessing/hacking anything. I mean he LITERALLY ended the fucking world and received no actual punishment for it
>>
>>382419294
>One melee weapon
Why waste tons with graphics and a big world if you can't even make content?
>>
>>382419294
But this combat is so much better than MH. You can't just wack at the enemy until he dies, you have to attack weak spot, take out armor pieces to expose cores, lure them into traps, use elemental advantages, and have a selection of mechanically completely different weapons.
>>
>>382417989
I agree - personally I would give it either a non-human form, or something straight from fantasy - Tolkien elves for example. Make holographic model of Gaia transparent, and monochromatic.

Also - Gaia might have chosen this form by itself.
>>
>>382419716
Sobeck never told anyone that it was all Faro's fault.
>>
File: shiggy.jpg (12KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
shiggy.jpg
12KB, 250x250px
>>382419841
>combat is so much better than MH
>>
>>382419294
The combat is performed with ranged weapons, I don't even know why that melee stick is in the game at all.
>>
>>382419841
t. person who never played monster hunter
>>
>>382419959
>>382420004
There is no mechanical depth to MH combat, you evade attacks and you hit when you have window. That's why I have high hopes for MHW, because it looks like they finally want to evolve it more into actual hunting process.
>>
>>382420102
gr8 b8 i r8 8/8
>>
>>382419294
I think people are taking this feminism thing too far now. It was meant for population control and it's supposed to be about just making women work so it can lower wages and make it harder to have families while pretending that sitting in a cubicle for hours while hearing printers go off feels liberating.

It wasn't meant to make video games shit.
>>
>>382419294
MC was raised by a man to be strong and not take shit, your arguement is already fucking retarded
>>
>>382420305
What argument was it that made you say that?
>>
>>382418974
And the rope you could use yo move faster.

He was easy with fire arrows, and Sharpshooter bow.

Bullet spongy as hell though.

>>382419841
Aa a someone who loves both games...
Hzd felt like mindless hacking compared to mh. It is like you compare dark souls to call of duty

Mh is more about pattern recognition, and knowledge.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (96KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
96KB, 1920x1080px
Is this game better or worse then FFXV, and why?
>>
>>382420194
it saddens me to know I'll never be this enlightened
>>
>>382419976
Melee is supposed to be a last resort in this game, if you fuck up so bad you have to try and whack it away to get some distance. If you find yourself using melee a lot, you're just shit at the game.
>>
>>382420569
Haven't played it, but I want to. I hear there's problems with the story not making sense and the last portion of the game being linear though, anyone shed any light on this>?
>>
File: DGRnutN.jpg (581KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DGRnutN.jpg
581KB, 1920x1080px
This game has a lot of forest porn.
>>
>>382408350
IIRC with 4 they made the MP all a training simulation or something to that effect.
>>
I don't understand the thought process the people who made this game must have had.

They must be taking anti-fun pills.
>>
>>382419957
These are the smartest people in the world. I think they could put together that Ted created the robots, and he's in the bunker contributing literally nothing besides money
>>
>>382405801
What if you were to give this game to, say, twenty... intelligent people i mean, what would that do? Let's face it what would it do?
>>
>>382419957
It was called Faro plague even in random world logs, the whole humanity was fully aware that Ted created those.
>>
>>382422062
Exactly. The only thing that was kept hidden was that Ted designed them to consume living matter into biofuel on purpose. He just pretended it was some glitch or the machines writing their own codes to do it.
Which by the way, making literal fucking deathbots consume living matter as fuel was a retarded as shit idea. Especially since you don't actually see some old world machines fucking eating people/plants. That would have been fucking awesome
>>
>>382421896
Explain
>>
>>382422329
You do see it, for like 3 seconds during the ending. One appears in front of some Nora I think and consumes a tree. It looked pretty shitty.

I would've loved the final boss to be Hades in that titan body. We never actually got to see a titan in action, only hear about them and see their remains.
>>
You've been here for 5 hours now.
But not a shill.
>>
>>382422329
We do see them consume bio matter, but it doesn't match the desription of the process from the logs. Khopesh just absorb some sort of essence that makes vegetation die and ammunition being restocked, while in the logs describe a Horus feeding by sucking dolphins into a giant meat grinder.
>>
>>382422525
I have a suspicion it would be awfully linear, like those God of War segments where you fight titans, it's always just cutscenes that transfer you around its body. Even in SotC final colossus is just a series of platforming segments. Devs just can't come up with a fight against something gigantic.
>>
>>382422863
Unfortunately this would be the reality of the matter, but a scenario whereby you override some thunderjaws or stormbirds to fight along side you and while it's distracted with them, you're picking pieces off with your bow. Some sort of epic final battle like that would've been amazing. Having to roll out of the way of those giant ass tentacles/limbs and strip away it's weaponry on a large open plain.
>>
File: CyoJ2vzUAAA77qy.jpg large.jpg (324KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CyoJ2vzUAAA77qy.jpg large.jpg
324KB, 1920x1080px
>>382420762
The entirety of FFXV is 100% linear, you're straight up locked to tiny areas of the "world map" until you complete bits of the story, and can only do certain quests in a linear fashion, can only progress sidequests linearly, the only time the game really opens up is after you beat the main story.

The linearity in the last few chapters of FFXV is a good thing, it vastly improves the game by just letting it tell the story it was neglecting for the first three quarters of the game, removing the pretense of an "open world" in which there's absolutely nothing to do because all the quests are wrangled into gigantic towns and big fuckoff "dungeons/tombs".

The main issue most people I've seen talk about the game had was chapter 13, which was an absolutely needless, pointless, awful horror type segment where you have no real weapon and have to hide away from enemies to try and get through it. All I did was just fucking murder the enemies with the one shit weapon they give you, and walk right through it instead of playing it as intended because the intended way was even slower. Other than that, the back end of the game is pretty great in my opinion. Of course, all of that is assuming you can get past the trash gameplay. The gameplay is just fucking awful, I pray you rent ffxv if you ever want to play it, and not buy it.
>>
>>382423257
Worth buying on a sale? Or not worth a play through at all? Have no means to rent games where I live
>>
File: CyoGrytUsAA3mwd.jpg large.jpg (480KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CyoGrytUsAA3mwd.jpg large.jpg
480KB, 1920x1080px
>>382423334
If it goes on sale for $20 USD or equivalent, and you really want it, I would say for sure. I got about that out of it, doing a fair amount of sidequests, and an extra 5-6 hours of fucking around in post-game. It's enjoyable as an experience but the gameplay is definitely something I would recommend you to try the demo to adjust to.
>>
>>382423429
Might just look towards something else the next time I'm feeling like sinking time into an open world then. I still haven't played shadow of mordor or mad max. Thanks for the input.
>>
>>382423257
What is combat even is like in it? All the videos I saw make it seem like some sort of really basic hack'n'slash where you just teleport around and whack at enemy. Is there any strategy involved? Are there different styles? Does it have the ATB elements? I just can't grasp any mechanic behind it other than mindless blinking around and hitting things.
>>
>>382419294
They live in a post apocalyptic world where they have literally zero of the cosmetics and shit people use in todays society. Also, the majority of the characters live in wood/straw huts in the middle of the wilderness and spend 80% of their lives in a field, bush, mountains or desert. Do you honestly think that they would conform to your standards of beauty?

It would be highly illogical anyone to be a stunning 10/10 unless it was somebody you playback in the holograms..
>>
File: yo jimbo.jpg (198KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
yo jimbo.jpg
198KB, 1920x1080px
>>382423557
shadow of mordor, if you have a PS4, is on sale for $4 USD on the NA PSN, totally, absolutely 100% worth that for the ultimate edition if you're looking for an open world game to sink like 20-30 hours. Can't speak much on mad max, I returned it, I don't much like car combat.

>>382423575
Basically. Hack N Slash but there's lots of "warp points" around the geometry. You fling your sword at said point, hang off of it, then can do a warp strike for a damage boost. There's a decent variety of weapons, and even some "relics" that offer special effects, they're part of the story so I won't talk about them. But as for strategy, not much. You want to watch the enemy to avoid getting nuked, and spam your teammate's special abilities (they have special bars, that look sort of like the MP pips from kingdom hearts, and as they fill up they get access to special abilities that do things from just do damage to exploit an enemy's vulnerability and break them, to revive downed teammates.) Other than that, nah. There are different styles, TECHNICALLY. You can equip a variety of weapon types. Guns, katanas, shortswords, longswords, not buster swords, and a couple others. They all have different attack animations, and stats, but I'll be frank here, I spent more time in fights warp striking to a point I barely even remembered it. Also the relics sort of destroy any use the non-relic weapons have, besides having just one extra as a backup to break heavy enemies or something.

There's not really ATB elements, besides aforementioned special bar your teammates have.

Magic is a fucking disaster. You pick up components of magic throughout the game, and assemble it into flasks that contain magic spells (sorta) with bonus effects based on the items you shoved into it. And instead of casting magic, you fling a flask filled with magic at an enemy and it does it's thing. I think if magic was in it's more traditional form it might have eased up the monotony of combat.
>>
>>382423937
I've got both SoM and Mad Max in my steam library, my backlog's just so ridiculous that I don't know when I'll get to them.
>>
File: CyklEf5UcAE_kpA.jpg large.jpg (226KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CyklEf5UcAE_kpA.jpg large.jpg
226KB, 1920x1080px
>>382424056
Shadow of mordor is really tight, I would highly recommend playing it. Great on PC especially. IF you don't have the DLC I can't imagine it's not on sale in the steam sale, and probably dirt cheap. There's a lot of good quality DLC that actually adds some content. Not just extra shit they throw in your inventory.
>>
>>382424123
Just remembered I have Witcher 2 to play as well for open world games. Finished the first and haven't done the 2nd yet.
>>
>>382424191
Witcher 2 is a lot less open world than 1, and especially 3.
>>
File: CyoLdouUkAAiD9D.jpg large.jpg (145KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CyoLdouUkAAiD9D.jpg large.jpg
145KB, 1920x1080px
>>382424191
Witcher 2 is great, if you already made it through the first with all of it's... 'unique charm', the second will probably be a huge step up. Great game, definitely something to play through, too.
>>
>>382424249
Had a great time with W1 actually.
>>382424246
Everyone praising W3 is why I got in to the series, but I didn't want to start at the 3rd entry.
>>
>>382424383
Sure, that's a good way to approach. Although I would (and indeed did) start with novel. Also the thing is, TW1 is a lot more disjointed in terms of story from both 2 and 3 and the novels. In fact it kind of rips off the novels with the whole story of Geralt stumbling onto a magical child that is part of the prophecy, tries to raise the child his his witch lover but get separated because of magic. Second and third game completely ignore the first and just continue with story from the novels.
>>
>>382418645
Same with Erend to be honest. There isn't much to go on for any ship. At least Aloy said that Varl made an impression and that she likes him.
>>
>>382418589
There is a chance that the 2nd hope only send out a failure signal to stay hidden from Hades.
>>
>>382425580
Interesting thought. Shame I'll probably be too far gone from the game to bother with the DLC when it releases.
>>
>>382425707
While i love the game i honestly want to play as someone else in the next game. I really want to play as someone at a totally different location on the planet.
Or maybe the game is about finding Aloy or something like that. A backup of gaia was found by protag who is a random person and now protag has to find Aloy.
>>
>>382425854
On one of the sidequests, you meet a character from a tribe that are cannibals. I wanted to see/interact with that tribe. But you never got to.
Would be nice to be in a completely different location and see how they've evolved. No using a bow, but salvaged weapons from the machines perhaps or the ability to ride the glinthawks and fly or something.
>>
>>382425957
Could be really cool. I want to keep some of the weapons from horizon because i really like the different types of ammo etc.
However i know for a fact that we will play as Aloy in the next one. Remember. She is a new "playstation icon"
>>
>>382426157
No doubt, it's too bad since the most interesting aspect of the game is the world they created with it.
>>
File: IMG_0613.jpg (79KB, 604x340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0613.jpg
79KB, 604x340px
>>382423257
This anon gets it. Its a massive red flag when games gets fucking praise for being 'completely open' from the start. It just screams lack of creative ideas and direction
>>
>>382427278
If you're only allowed in to certain areas at certain times. I don't even think that'd really qualify as an open world.
>>
>>382405801
The robots really appeal to me, but I've become pretty allergic to ubisoft open world games. I'll probably play it when the industry has moved on from this fad and I haven't seen these kinds of games in a while.
>>
>>382405801
It's shit.
>>
>>382428383
It still suffers from Ubisoft inspired features, but not so much as most open world games. There are "towers" to climb that show the map, but they're creatures that move around and there's only like 4 in the entire game. A few camps to clear, but less than 10. Nothing on the scale of Far Cry. Very few collectibles, but some are at least a little bit interesting.
>>
>>382428626
So what is the basic gameplay loop actually like? Do you go to a village, take a bunch of quests, go out and do them and return like in an MMO? How often are you expected to use the stealth mechanics? They look like absolute boring garbage.
>>
>>382428383
I'd say this game is pretty far from Ubisoft's open world. They share a superficial similarity in a map cluttered with white pictograms, but for one thing all the collectibles have meaning to them: you have 12 vistas that show you pictures of the old world and give a very touching story of a guy that lived there (it was seriously one of the few things in games that got me close to welling up), there are 30 metal flowers that provide you with poems about nature (not as useful, but still nice), there are 8 little figurines that tell you a story of tribesman castaway, and there are 12 cups that just give references to lore (the closest to pointless collectibles). So in total all the things you find have meaning other than numerical incrementation and narrative-wise cover both pre- and post-apocaliptic life. Also the side quests all have a story to them, there isn't a single meaningless fetch-quest that will just tell you to deliver object X to place Y to receive money.
>>
>>382428807
You have a world, you have story quest, you can take side-quests to help people, and you can gather collectibles. Pretty much only time stealth is obligatory is in one of the optional hunting trials (and tutorial missions), at large the approach is up to you whether you want to use stealth or not.
>>
>>382428807
The main bulk of the gameplay is fighting the machines. You strip off parts, set traps or use elemental weapons etc... There's some parts where you fight humans, these are what suffer the most. They can be very boring, but on normal, you can generally just headshot enemies and insta-kill them unless they're "elite" or "heavy" so in this regard, the gameplay dips. Stealth is entirely optional for the machines, you can override some to fight for you, so it's fairly interesting to stealth your way to one and sit back while a mech battle ensues in front of you.
As for quests, there's only a few side quests in the game really. It can honestly get quite samey, usually track to a certain point and kill whatever's there. But as they're optional, it's not really that bad. The main quest is far more interesting.
>>
>>382428871
>>382429082
>>382429170
Thanks, it really doesn't sound like something I'd enjoy right now but the robots look fucking incredible so I might pick it up when it's like 15 to 20 euros.
>>
>>382429320
Some of the bigger machines can be challenging and engaging to fight. The smaller ones merely become an annoyance, but I suppose that happens in most games. Like running past hollows in dark souls. It's definitely one of the more engaging open world games if you're feeling that "itch" and not as tedious as Far Cry or Ass Creed
>>
>>382405801
>game has giant robot dinosaurs
>you hardly can ride them
>you can't pilot a giant robot to punch them
>more than half of the game you fighting against human faggots instead
shit game
Thread posts: 183
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.