[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Dragon Age more successful than Mass Effect despite having

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: JRPG vs WRPG.jpg (503KB, 1796x898px) Image search: [Google]
JRPG vs WRPG.jpg
503KB, 1796x898px
Why is Dragon Age more successful than Mass Effect despite having overall worse games?

Is it because fantasy takes less effort to worldbuild?
>>
>Why is Dragon Age more successful than Mass Effect despite having overall worse games?
Citation needed.
>>
>>382405041
A better question is why did it take so long for both those shit series to die?
>>
>>382405041
THICC
>>
> maaam covfefe
>>
>>382405041
>Why is Dragon Age more successful than Mass Effect despite having overall worse games?

It isn't more popular than Mass Effect.
>>
>>382405683
Just last week they teased that a new Dragon age is in the works. Meanwhile there are rumors around that Mass Effect is getting canned for a long while with the Andromeda trilogy being cancelled.

I don't know, but that does seem like an indicative that Dragon Age is indeed more successful than Mass Effect.
>>
>>382406504
DA has mediocre expectations that get met or surpassed by its mediocre performance. ME has high expectations that don't get met when its latest release crashes and burns like the Hindenburg. Result: the ME series gets shelved indefinitely while the DA series has its budget slashed so it can continue cranking out shitty single player MMO's
>>
They're just using DA as a testing ground for whatever ME they make in the future. Inquisition and Andromeda aren't that different from each other.
>>
>>382405041
>Why is Dragon Age more successful than Mass Effect
It's not, by a long shot.
>>
>>382406504
That's some retard logic right there, my son. The only reason why ME is on hiatus is both because the Bioware B team cocked it up with andromeda and because the A team is working on an entirely new sci-fi franchise.
>>
So... can we say that mass effect is dead?
>>
>>382405041
Okay so who wins in a fight?

MaaaaM effeffe or ESOSE TCCT?
>>
>>382408640
Probably on ice until further notice.

I'd bet we will know whether or not to expect another one after Anthem releases.
>>
>>382405683
>>382406396
>>382407975
Uh, yes it it. That is why a new da is getting made while me is getting put on ice. Retards.
>>
>>382409229
MaaaaM effeffe
No way you can lose with that demonic looking dick.
>>
>>382405041
>Strength builds vs. Dexterity builds
>>
>>382405041
dragon age came out with no competition. for the past 3-4 years prior to dragon age's release, nearly every pc vidya had been bald man shootin games and zero western rpgs. It revitalized the genre by appealing to nostalgia, and with no contemporary wrpgs to compare it to at its time of release, many of its glaring flaws were hand waved as inconsequential. The reputation for being an amazing game then went on to carry the series.

mass effect, on the other hand, had plenty of competition to compare it to when it was released and it tried too hard to fill multiple genres. As a rpg, the writing was supreb, but since they tacked on cover shooter mechanics, the game couldnt help but be compared to other games within that genre, and unfortunately the shooting parts sucked. Then the next two games tried to change things up too much in a way that made the old fans mad but didnt make the new fans happy enough, resulting in more crippling criticism. Mass effect got its shit slapped every step of the way, while dragon age: no competition got a free pass every chance it could.
>>
>>382411056
No, that's not any way to gauge a series success, you increasingly irritating shithead.
>>
Origins was the only one that actually got more popular as time went on
>>
>>382406504
How the fuck does that logic work out you inbred mongrel?
>>
>>382405876
Because faggots will buy anything that lets their shitty OC bang their gay waifu. Actual coherent story is optional and good gameplay is considered a detriment
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.