[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brand new to this series. I played Persona 5 and loved it. Going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: smt 4.jpg (329KB, 1500x1334px) Image search: [Google]
smt 4.jpg
329KB, 1500x1334px
Brand new to this series. I played Persona 5 and loved it. Going to pick this up now? What am I in for? How is it different? How do SMT and Persona connect?
>>
>>382399901
Skip this one and jump right into Apocalypse.

It has the most broken combat out of all the SMT's and the story is boring.
>>
Do you even dungeon crawling
>>
>>382399901

SMT 4 sucks ass, don't waste your money. You'll be lucky if you don't fall asleep from boredom before you're halfway through the intro
>>
>>382400091
No, I'm autistic about that sort of thing. I can't play a direct sequel first. It took a lot out of me to buy Persona 5. I had to be reassured a million times that it wasn't a direct continuation of the stories of the previous four games.
>>
They aren't really. They technically exist in the same multiverse and draw from the idea that human belief is the source of the power of the gods and that's about it.
>>
>>382399901
It's the dark souls of persona
>>
>>382400251
Trust me, you'll literally miss nothing if you skip this one. The entire story is explained via pic related you just posted. Apocalypse even assumes you haven't played 4 and explains the lore way better.

They only thing you'll take out of this is a bitter contempt for how fucking broken the smirk mechanics are.

If you absolutely can't, then play devil survivor or soul hackers
>>
>>382399901
Good game
>>
>>382400157
Try not to feel too bad, BUT
>>
File: 1470712049832.png (175KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1470712049832.png
175KB, 200x200px
>>382399901
First two hours are pretty tough, but game gets easier as it goes on. It's pretty good, just expect a lot of dumb bullshit to kill you.
>>
>>382399901
Digital devil saga is probably a better place to start, but smt4 is still a good game in its own right. Just remember that this is the best Demon fusion in the series, and it'll probably be hard to go back to something without it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.