[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tf released in 1999 >tf2 released in 2007 >tf3 still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: 250px-TFC_Boxart.png (112KB, 250x246px) Image search: [Google]
250px-TFC_Boxart.png
112KB, 250x246px
>tf released in 1999
>tf2 released in 2007
>tf3 still not available in the year 2017

what the fuck is valve doing?
>>
I hope Valve will never make another game again because they are not the same as before.
>>
>>382378830
>valve finally makes another game
>it's just literally a shop for digital hats, they don't bother making levels, characters, music, voice acting, or gameplay
>>
File: Storyteller.png (27KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
Storyteller.png
27KB, 100x100px
Honestly if I had the choice between TF2 being left alone after launch and TF3 a decade later, vs. TF2 being updated for a decade after launch, I would choose the latter.
>>
Valve is currently raking in a ton of money by doing as little as possible.
>>
>>382378830
>>382378947
Valve still makes amazing tf2 maps. They're much better than 2fort and dustbowl and, *shudder*, hydro.
>>
>>382378047
Literally diving in money, scrooge mcduck style
>>
>>382381057
>*shudder*

Please leave.
>>
>>382381459
I get that you think you're cool and hip being all conformist like that and whatnot. But I think the usage there was pretty much a necessity.
>>
>>382381057
Aren't most new content fan-made?
Anyway, we don't need a TF3. I'm too attached to the characters of TF2 and I don't think anything can replace them.
>>
>>382381730
Valve made cactus canyon and asteroid.
>>
>>382378047
Gaben don't care
>>
>>382378047
TFC was originally a mod they purchased and isn't really that good. TF2 is watered down and boring.
>>
>>382381638
i said. please. *inhales* leave.
>>
>>382378047
>TF3
It's called Overwatch
>>
>>382378047
>valve
>third game
it's time to let go anon
>>
>>382378047
Correction

TF released in 1996
TFC released in 1999
TF2 released in 2007
>>
>>382381997
>1st installment: alright
>2nd installment: the best in the series
>3rd installment: boring and falls flat
it's perfect
>>
>>382380196
Unironically this. If all games did this, especially COD, we wouldn't be at this shitty point of gaming we're at right now.
>>
>>382381638
Nah you just type like a faggot.
>>
>>382382118
Multiplayer-heavy games shouldn't be shitting out new installments every other year as if they were single-player games.
>>
>>382381954
stop pretending to be someone else. You too are an individual.

>>382382132
Put some effort into it.
>>
>>382382250
Anon above literally did nothing wrong.
You two other Summerfags need to study for next school year.
>>
>>382382205
Which is why I said I'd rather have a game that still gets updated a decade after launch instead of a game that gets almost nothing after launch. In the case of games like COD, where we get a yearly release, it would be much better if it lasted 3-4 years with updates that include more guns, maps, game modes, etc.
>>
why are people talking about yearly releases and regular updates? tf2 is 10 years old, it's about time we get a sequel. use the same characters, I don't give a shit, just make it look better graphically.
>>
>>382382780
I like my graphics to look just a little bit dated, yet timeless. TF2 is in that spot.
The code is probably a fucking mess though and needs to be cleaned up.
>>
>>382381767
True, but neither of those have officially been released, and are still in beta. I think they did make powerhouse tho.
>>
Level with me here, /v/: Did they really get rid of the server browser? And arena mode?
>>
Compare TF2 to when it was originally released to what it's like now.
They could be two seperate games.

TF2 might by the only game in history that's a sequel to itself
>>
>>382383083
No and no, but Arena mode may or may not be dead.
>>
>>382383083
No? You just need to find people willing to play arena. And who really wants to play arena?
>>
>>382383083
you know, it's still there, but when I look for servers, there isn't as much as there used to be
>>
>>382383083
No, both are still in. Community servers mostly dead though, and arena was never super popular to begin with, so they've been fairly sidelined.
>>
Do you think Gabe ever feels regret
?
He said Steam wouldn't interfere with Valve making and producing games but clearly he was mistaken
He said he'd never be like the greedy corporations like Microsoft but he takes a 30% cut and let's companies influence what you can and can't do on Steam.
Does he even care?
>>
>>382381767
And those maps were abandoned and with the new shitshow system its impossible to find a game on them anymore.
>>
>>382378047
Thankfully the game seems to be deflating in popularity, it took a fucking decade but I don't think it can stay profitable forever.

Who am I kidding, Valve will probably port it to Source 2 and try to get another several years out of it.
>>
>>382383449
>He said Steam wouldn't interfere with Valve making and producing games but clearly he was mistaken

No he wasn't. Valve's profit has gone through the roof. They just don't make games as frequently.
>>
>>382383472
>its impossible to find a game on them anymore
Yeah. That's the only issue with tf2 though. I want my custom map fix as much as anyone. The fact that I can't even find a server that has a weekly gathering for this is just weird. But I'll be honest with you. This was always an issue. Arena was always dead. And custom map servers were always empty
>>
>>382378047
>released in 1999

that's when it became a paid mod
>>
File: skeletonwaitingatcomputer.jpg (127KB, 1300x1032px) Image search: [Google]
skeletonwaitingatcomputer.jpg
127KB, 1300x1032px
>tfw waiting for valve to make another video game
>>
>>382383705
Would you mind telling me the name of the last three full price games they made and what years they came out in?
>>
>>382378047
if they started fixing fucking everything and moved the game to source 2 it'd basically be a new game.
>what do you mean by everything
i don't know where to start. the game has been neglected throughout a decade, too many fucking hats shoved into it.
>>
trying to reinvent the wheel
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.