[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>MGSV has 50 hours of content before it starts recycling stuff,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 14

File: venomdrake.png (229KB, 651x434px) Image search: [Google]
venomdrake.png
229KB, 651x434px
>MGSV has 50 hours of content before it starts recycling stuff, all of it core stealth gameplay
>easily a 200+ hour game if you're a completionist
>one mission and a few features cut
>REEEEEEEE UNFINISHED GAME FACK U KOJIMA

>MGS4 is 15 hours long, 9 hours of it is cutscenes
>Only two-three hours of core stealth gameplay and mostly becomes setpieces after act 2
>Well at least it's a complete game :^)

I fucking hate you faggots
>>
>>382336735
>i am really retarded
so sorry for you my man bit yes you are correct mgsV is unfinished piece of shit with recycled content while mgs 4 is flawed but finished game
>>
95% of MGSV is filler.

Also the open world sucks.
>>
>>382336735
as stealth autismo I liked the game,I put into it 160 hours,good game for me,as mgs game I think it's like the worse one
>>
The gameplay was fine until it gets repetitive, and I'm not even talking about the recicled missions.

It severely lacked more elaborate buildings and indoor locations to explore. Too many open soldier bases, after a while it all starts to feel the same.

The reason the game was a massive dissapointment to fans was not even the gameplay. The story sucks ass.

MGS4 had too much cutscenes but at least its a complete story.
>>
>>382338104
MGS4 made me wish it was unfinished to not presence that ending.
>>
would have been good if they'd opted for self contained more intricate GZ sized maps, to satiate the open world autism while also having some semblance of level design and better story progression
>>
>CLEAR THIS OUTPOST CONSISTING OF A FEW GUARDS PATROLLING AROUND
>CLEAR OUT THIS GROUP OF GUARDS AND/OR VEHICLES STANDING AROUND
>NOW DO IT AGAIN
>AND AGAIN
>AND AGAIN
>AND AGAIN
>HOLY SHIT ALL THIS CONTENT
>>
>>382338330
It would have been even better making it linear, GZ was boring as fuck too.
>>
>>382338183

why? its the essence of MGS without any shame or limits.

People like MGS for the edgy japanese soap opera, anon.
>>
>>382336735
Metal gear is primarily about the story. The gameplay is also important, but less than the story. MGSV easily has the best gameplay in the series, by far. It has a horrible story though, with only a couple of hours of story outside of monotone audio tapes. Most of the missions are filler as well. The problem with comparing 4 and V is by what metric do you review the games. If you are rating them just as their own games, independent of the series, V is the much better game. However, if you are comparing them as Metal Gear Games, 4 offers more for people into the series than V.

V is a good fuck around game, where you just go on missions for fun, but at the end of the day is a very shallow game in terms of completing worth while objectives. It's basically a MGS collectathon/assassination simulator.
>>
>>382338537
The essence of MGS is destroying the plot of previous games with terrible writing and dialogue?
Well, yeah, it kinda is.
>>
>>382338330

If Kojida didn't fell for the open world meme, we could have gotten a much better game. Just imagine a game with 5 locations like GZ. Thats all it takes, 5 levels like that, in 10 or 15 missions.
>>
>>382338546
>Metal gear is primarily about the story.
Good thing the franchise is dead then.
>>
File: young snake.png (2MB, 1932x1086px) Image search: [Google]
young snake.png
2MB, 1932x1086px
>>382336735
MGSV
>50 hours of the same missions recycled
>200 hours of the same side ops recycled if you are a completionist
>All the camps feel the same with same level design
> no story, humor, easter eggs, bosses, music, gay fake guns
>Forgettable as fuck
>MGS4
>Tons of content that are interesting/secret with Trails
> Variety in gameplay from sneaking, to on trails, to unique boss battles like Rex vs Ray
>Solid level design for the first two stealth missions
>Better stealth, cqc mechanics and enemies
>Has a story that are is messy but the cutscene are beautiful directed., Humor, awesome easter eggs, bosses, music and cool guns
>Memorable as fuck

MGSV is a more fun game because it let's you use the mechanics. But it's just the other side of the spectrum. MGS4 is like Kojima focused on everything but not enough on the letting the player make use of the mechanics. MGSV is like Kojima did the opposite and only focused on the mechanics and left the rest in shambles. Neither do the game's sneaking justice. MGS4 only has two acts of sneaking gameplay. MGSV has two big maps of sneaking gameplay but with recycled mission tasks and the same level design for each, giving you a false sense of variety in gameplay. Which is why it up to you to make each mission feel different, when the structure of the mission and level design should do that for you.
>>
Pick Peace Walker. Now make it open world with more missions (all similar to eachother).
That's TTP.
>>
>>382337769
This makes no sense the stealth mechanics were the worst part of the game. You literally had to run around waving your dick in the enemies faces before they noticed you
>>
File: Snake-eater.jpg (50KB, 600x360px) Image search: [Google]
Snake-eater.jpg
50KB, 600x360px
>>382338810
MGS4 used MGS3 as a template. TPP used Piss Walker. TPP never had a chance.
>>
I actually liked the recycled stealth missioms where you had no gear.
>>
>>382336735
I actually enjoyed the story (once you know the crazy amount of stuff that's been cut and kinda accept it as is).

The gameplay is pretty repetitive and simplified, and the tight level design which makes "stealth" interesting is completely lacking here.
>>
MGSV had its fair share of GZ-sized self-contained areas. The town you find Miller in, the diamond mine swamp slum, the jungle estate, etc
>>
>>382338810
Basically this, although Peace Walker at least had a complete story (although meaningless in the end, as Big Boss could have just became evil after what the US government did to him and his mentor to destroy the shagohad, instead of making 2 games about him becoming a mercenary).
>>
>>382336735
>MGSV has 50 hours of content before it starts recycling stuff
More like 5 hours of content
And MGS4 is better
>>
>>382336735
I have 153 hours for 100%
>>
I think TPP is hated by people who likes to play a game once and be done with it. I had so much fun with it. Did all kinds of playthroughs
>first-time
>lethal stealth
>guns-blazing
>perfect stealth no kills
>no traces
>forced subsistence mode
>creative & humorous runs

I acknowledge many faults of the game but I can't hate a game that gave me almost 300 hours of offline play
>>
>>382339354
There was never an indoor facility akin to a building at shadow moses or groznyj grad though. It was mostly just little rooms you could go in to pick up ammo/materials at outdoor bases. My guess is that there was supposed to be more regions that would be more militarized/urban, and have more buildings, but got cut due to Konami telling kojima to rap that shit up.
>>
>>382339584
People put hundreds of hours into skyrim and still hate it.
>>
>>382339584
>forced subsistence mode
Is this like a "procure on site" sort of playstyle? Because that would be fun as fuck
>>
>>382339493
No its not. I loved MGS4 when it came out, and probably played through it 10 times. I tried playing it last year, and it is the stiffest piece of shit when compared to even peace walker. And the story is just boring technobabble or melodramatic bullshit with the odd action scene thrown in. That game also made me understand why Kojima replaced Hayter, as he did the whole performance in pirate voice.
>>
>>382339853
yes

although once you learn how to get "no traces" bonus, it isn't that much of a big deal. The game gave too many items to the players so they didn't need an incentive to git gud.

One of the most rewarding things you can do in this game is deploying without items (or just the water pistol to do hold-ups), deactivate all hud, markers and stuff and try to play as stealthy as possible while trying to do most mission objectives in one try. Pretty hard and satisfactory
>>
>>382338104
you've obviously never been to afghanistan. that's just what that shit looks like. what do you want? them making up a bunch of shit buildings that never would have existed?
>>
>>382340262
well, Kojima didn't have any regard for realism when recreating Russia in MGS3
>>
>>382340262
And what's the reason it HAS to be set in Afghanistan if all it's going to be is empty desert?
>>
>>382340262
They needed the bases to be more explorable. Add some underground facilities to buildings. The lab where Huey was could have been so much more complex than what amounts to an empty warehouse.
>>
>>382340506
They had to be small enough so that PS360 could run it. Why do you think Mother Base is so spread out?
>>
File: 1433966347558.jpg (39KB, 400x337px) Image search: [Google]
1433966347558.jpg
39KB, 400x337px
>>382339584
I have all trophies and put in 250 hours and still think the game isn't very good. Not bad because It's fun but it deserves all of the complaints it gets. Some people are just blind fanboys and are willing to bring up on valid complaints.
>>
>>382336735
Don't bother, most of /v/ is dumb parrot-children.

They can't even actually explain to you why MGSV is supposedly bad. Most of them clearly haven't played the game either.
>>
>>382336735
>MGSV has 50 hours of content before it starts recycling stuff
Really? It's recycles by the second mission.
Go fulton/eliminate target for 50 missions
>>
>>382339704
Not that guy but from the leaked stuff i've heard, there was tons cut. Not just chapter 3 bs which I couldn't find a damn about.
There were supposed to be a good few chapters that included a snowy region, similar to how MgsV had you travelling the world.
There were many to be factions warring out in the wild aswell (like mgs4 has in the first two chapters) and more activity going on in general. Including guarddogs, which never really made it in.

The one that makes the most sense is that the keep rice was supposed to be through the facility that you visit twice and know that it goes all the way through to the other side of the mountain range (according to an in game npc conversation or interrogation, I can't remember).
Supposed to have more activities in motherbase, supposedly car racing. Not sure how true that is but makes some sense with his open alot of it is.
Supposed to have soldiers and helicopters assault the base at the end with you.
Lots of cut boot camp stuff (but the voice files are out there I think)
Kaz' eyes was meant to be followed up on.

Don't know how much of it us true, but it's all very possible and we can see remnants of it thriugh leaked sound files or the way certain things just don't work (jeep ride) even though we know there's a facility to drive thriugh according to an ingane soldier.

Also that keep ride music was supposed to peak exactly when you suddenly see the facility filled with multiple metal gears. Instead we get voldermort and kiefer sutherland trying not to blink.
>>
>>382336735
>>MGSV has 50 hours of content before it starts recycling stuff

theres literally like 4-5 missions just recycled through different locations

more like 4-5 hours before you start doing the same recycled shit over and over. that including the hospital prologue.

mgsv was shit in every way and we never got the mission editor they showed.
>>
MGS 4 is a piece of shit and MGS V is a million times better. Anyone who disagrees with this is what's wrong with MGS fandom and deserved to have the series die on them.
>>
>>382340262
What about the chapter 1 and 2 of mgs4?
They were pretty well done, even the outback areas.

You can set it in the wild, just don't make it empty and boring as hell
>>
>>382341000
>believing anons on the internet
all of that is fake
>>
>>382341000
Did that Infinatea Heaven mod manage to open up at least some of that cut content or was it just traces and references left to draw from? Because I recall that mod manage to at least add some kind of variation to the world that it sorely lacked outside of the main missions. Traveling armored convoys, random Skull unit attacks etc.
>>
>>382340932
>They can't even actually explain to you why MGSV is supposedly bad. Most of them clearly haven't played the game either.
Poor level design
Poorly written story
Recycled main missions
Recycled side missions
No bosses
Repetitive
>>
>>382341000
Jesus, sorry about the errors. I'm typing on my mobile.
fuck you, I don't sit at my pc all day.
>>
>>382341347
phoneposter
>>
File: 1498829234988.jpg (78KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1498829234988.jpg
78KB, 1200x675px
>MGS V is bad cause it recycles too much stuff
>btw I loved backtracking in MGS1 through 3
>>
File: pc bro.gif (64KB, 800x995px) Image search: [Google]
pc bro.gif
64KB, 800x995px
>>382341470
>being mad that you cant afford a smart phone.
>and or being so autistic you chose not to have a phone because you have no one to call or text you

sad
>>
>>382341273
No idea. I haven't kept up with much of the game really.
I only posted that stuff and believe it bevause of how much evidence there is to support alot of it. Cut sound files, in game references to stuff, weirdly missing things that were completely present in previous games, etc.
I know some of it was cut early on because of Ps3 limitations.
And I can't see what a mod would do I'm tired of utilising cut content just because of how scattershot it is. (that's not to say that a mod don't basic stuff like populating the world wouldn't make it more enjoyable though.)
>>
Here's my main problem with Open World Games compared to Linear ones. Let's take Persona 4 vs. Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Persona 4's ending:
>Main Character gets on the train and fucking leaves.
>After a long, LONG, 70-90 hour adventure, it's finally over.
>The Main character looks out the train window, not really smiling, but obviously satisfied with having completed the journey, just like the player is.
>His friends run after the train and shout, "We miss you!" and, "We love you! Come back and visit us!"
>And thus, that feeling of satisfaction/sadness of the journey being over, but also a profound happiness that you had experienced an amazing game and story is there too.
>You can now put down the game and say, "What a fucking journey... I finally beat it though."

Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild's ending:
>After playing a long, LONG, 70-90 hours adventure... it's... not over?
>Well, technically it's not over, it's never over, it's an open world game.
>You can beat the final boss, but there's still a true ending to get, and tons of collectables to still get
>Hell, you can beat that final boss whenever you want, and it's still not significantly more difficult than a Lynel fight.
>Even if you beat the boss, you still wouldn't consider that you've "beaten" the game for real as you haven't even experienced a majority of the game.
>Thus, the ending of Breath of the Wild isn't a solid punctual BANG
>Breath of the Wild as a game ends when you turn off the game one day and say, "I'm bored".

Which is a more satisfying ending? One that ends with, "Wow, what an experience!" or, "I'm bored, I'm not going to play anymore."

Though, these are just my opinions, and OBVIOUSLY the games aren't really comparable, but MGS4 and MGS5 are comparable. MGS5 may have more content than MGS4, but it still doesn't have a satisfying conclusion like MGS4. Fuck, I should have just compared the two of them. This is long winded, I'll stop.
>>
File: bb smile.png (293KB, 479x447px) Image search: [Google]
bb smile.png
293KB, 479x447px
>>382341498
>Backing tracking one or twice
vs
>The same missions recycled over and over for 100 of hours.
>>
>>382341762
>didn't even call him dumb
>has a little cry
lol
>>
>Kojimw cut Venoms diaalog down to only 22 minuts, including everything he says in-game.
Why do people defend this hack?
>>
>>382341341
>Poor level design
>Poorly written story
>Recycled main missions
>Recycled side missions
>No bosses
>Repetitive
all incorrect.
>>
>>382342267
>all incorrect.
incorrect
>>
>>382342363
>incorrect
wrong.
>>
>>382341880
>backtracking once
>but for 4 hours
>>
>>382341341
>Poorly written story
And you seriously want a well written story in a fucking videogame?
Even the most praised stories are fucking capeshit-tier.
>>
File: MGS4-Old-Dying-Snake-Briefing.jpg (40KB, 600x369px) Image search: [Google]
MGS4-Old-Dying-Snake-Briefing.jpg
40KB, 600x369px
>GZ a fucking demo was better than TPP.
MGS truly died with Snake.
>>
are people really defending this game? the only story in the whole game was from the few and far between cutscenes sometimes, and most of it was from the tapes, which is extremely disappointing as the other MGS's are very story focused. The gameplay was ok but the repetitive nature of the main missions and side missions are something even defenders of the game can't overlook, the online section of the game was mostly stupid. The camo barely did anything as compared to mgs3. I wonder why they made such a big map and nothing to populate it in between the towns.
>>
>>382342583
No, it wasn't, it was the same, casualized to death, boring and unpolished trash.
>>
>>382340262
>them making up a bunch of shit buildings that never would have existed?
Is that a problem? I mean were talking about a game that has a fire dude riding on a fire unicorn.
>>
>>382336735
>cut content galore
>big boss is autistically silent
>dude fulton lmao
>extremely dull desert with endless military camps and ubisoft tier collectibles
>shaky cam and excessive use of lens flare in cutscenes is totally cinematic right?
>spoilers in each mission with the "starring" bullshit
>mother base is cool at first but after the you peek behind the curtains so to speak it's just a pointless soulless time sink

All in all, MGSV is one of the most disappointing games I have ever played.
>>
>>382341341
Opinions: The Post

Grow up.
>>
File: autidtic lulz.jpg (85KB, 725x742px) Image search: [Google]
autidtic lulz.jpg
85KB, 725x742px
>>382344385
>objective facts are opinions
>>
>>382340262

like the jungles in russia? retard
>>
>>382344385
How so? All those are valid complaints. That have been stated since the game came out. Stop being delusional and jut accept them. IF it makes you feel better most of those complaint are from the fact of how unfinished the game is.
>>
>>382344560
>objective facts
no such thing
>>
>>382344385

what the fuck does that even mean, having an opinion is childish? wha?
>>
File: fash bashers.jpg (142KB, 782x652px) Image search: [Google]
fash bashers.jpg
142KB, 782x652px
>>382344725
stay mad retard
>>
Is Quiet supposed to be naked in the canon? Why do the soldiers say she was naked?

Did they just not see the bikini?

Or is the bikini just there so the game isn't rated AO?

Is this mod technically canon?
http://www.nexusmods.com/metalgearsolidvtpp/mods/431/?

Thoughts?
>>
>>382344825
>mad
no such thing :^)
>>
>>382338432
Fucking this
I don't even care about the story ground zeroes had better missions than this
>>
>>382336735
Well for one thing, the games story lacks a conclusion.
>literally ends with liquid flying off with the most powerful metal gear ever made

The fact that there was a conclusion to this arc and it was cut half made means that yes, the game is unfinished.

Also side missions are absolute empty trash.
>>
>>382336735
The game recycles stuff 5 missions in with every mission being the same. And I love the core gameplay. 100% completed GZ twice.

Fun, but flawed. Good game, bad MGS.
>>
>>382338740
This guy hit the nail on the head as far as I'm concerned.

Add in the fact that MGSV has terrible characters. Miller can suck a big fat cock for all I care. Nothing but a cripple screaming in my ear for hours on end, quiet is a dumb bitch that strives to get herself killed at every opportunity for the most innane reasons, and Hal is either the most inept person ever to not exist or a masterful sabateur with a torture fetish. Only good characters are Ocelot (who appears to be the only save voice of reason on all of Motherbase) and DDog.

But MGSV Focuses on the gameplay, which was sorely lacking in 4, so I actually like it better because I get to stealth around and fuck up people on a huge map instead of a small corrodor.
>>
>>382341762
>integer of pi

man whoever made this comic is an idiot
>>
>>382345528
>See all those trailers for MGS4
>Imagine the game to be an open world middle east war simulator with factions fighting with your in the middle

Turns out it was just a field trip.
>>
>>382341848
>muh story

who cares
>>
>>382343389
The game was great and if you found it repetitive even with the massive amount of freedom and loadout choice then it's your own fault
>>
File: 1492177416481.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1492177416481.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
I want someone to here to defend the entire of Africa map in TPP

aside from the ONLY good part, that tiny fucking jungle and the mansion the rest of the map is horrendous. Its flat, even emptier than Afghanistan, ugly to look at and has some of the worst missions in any metal gear game period
>>
File: Mel-Gibson-1.jpg (105KB, 867x578px) Image search: [Google]
Mel-Gibson-1.jpg
105KB, 867x578px
post yfw MGSurvive is basically Mad Max the game the good one in coop
>>
>>382345974
nah, there's still plenty of environmental geography and variation and that jungle portion takes up like a 4th of the area
>>
>>382336735
The debate around how long or short, finished or unfinished the game is, is moronic. Wouldn't you rather play the most perfect game to ever exist even if it was only 20 minutes long?

The problem rather is that MGSV just isn't up to the standards of the original trilogy. It isn't a movie-game like MGS4 was, as you say, but like 4 it exaggerates the very worst features of MGS3: pressures the player into abusing the over-powered crawling movement, it allows the player a massive space with which to simply go around any patrol route, and it provides an excess of items/weaponry (and by this point fucking buddies and vehicles) that really don't offer much differences in terms of the core stealth mechanics.

Kojima perfected the cinematic top-down stealth action style. Once he tried to move into TPS, and even open-world, his team didn't have the talents to follow him. He at least had the modesty to admit this when it came to making the Hack n Slash of MGRising. Not so when it came to 4 and V. Ground Zeroes wasn't exactly bad for a last gen game, but TPP should have been at least 3 times as good if it wanted to live up to 1-3. With 1-3 they were making some of the best games ever made in a time when the competition was fierce, there wasn't yet so many alternative markets like family and casuals.
>>
>99% outdoor game with like 5 unique locations throughout
>almost no plot aside from tapes and boring cutscenes
>what plot there is is incomprehensible
>half the game is running/riding around empty open world
>enemies not chasing you outside of camps makes open world pointless
>no real boss fights
>grinding for new weapons
>dead online

the core gameplay is good which makes the final product that much more frustrating to play
>>
>>382346148
nah
>>
>>382346037
Are you sure?

From when you arrive in Africa, past the first little village you get to its just a giant hill to the factory.

The foggy river stream just before the Man on Fire is a disappointment too. The Airport is the same, just dropped right in the middle of empty no where's-ville

>4th of the area
There's no way its that much
>>
>>382336735
Mgs4 had way more replayability and the best online experience on a console ever made
>>
>>382346246
how are salahantropus and skulls not boss fights
>>
>>382346391
>Mgs4 had way more replayability
no
>>
>>382346148
>Once he tried to move into TPS, and even open-world, his team didn't have the talents to follow him.
Bullshit, they perfected the third person controls with MGSV, say what you want about EVERYTHING else. MGSV handles like a dream, every reviewer agrees with this.

Top down view was always clunky and there is nothing to 'perfect' with it. Its outdated trash.
>>
>>382338104
this, after 40 hours the stealthing makes me want to blow my brains out
>>
Infinite Heaven.

What are the best settings?
>>
>>382346552
>after 40 hours the stealthing makes me want to blow my brains out

You are not supposed to play that long you kissless neet.
>>
>>382346420
because one sucks and the other is just a damage sponge
>>
>>382336735
/v/ is wrong about 5. Best game this gen. inb4 some fag goes
>That's not saying much
>>
I dont understand why its open world when only like 3 missions utilize it well

Back up back down, that convoy mission in Africa with the Skulls, and finding Miller or whatever, while I like those missions and how much they give to it they arent worth the rest of the game not utilizing open world at all

Should have just been setpieces like GZ and the Afghan base with different insertion points or whatever instead of nothingness for miles and then one entry point
>>
>>382346637
500 hours here
>>
>>382346148
>Wouldn't you rather play the most perfect game to ever exist even if it was only 20 minutes long?
No, not really. Being that length is a metric that I also use to determine how good it is.

To take your metaphor to the extreme would you consider a piece of art a masterpiece if it was just 4 different colored pixels in a 1kb image?

>pressures the player into abusing the over-powered crawling movement
yeah, can agree with the rest though
>>
>>382346696
In one sitting? :^)
>>
>>382346682
Because each mission takes place in a different slice of the world
>>
>>382336735
>MGSV gets repetitive within the first hour
>"at least you can continue doing the same thing for the next 200 hours, so much great content"

>MGS4 has a well-place campaign with lots of variety and memorable gaemplay set pieces
>"it's too short, i want to continue doing the same thing for 200 more hours"
>"oh wait, i can by just replaying the game"
>"shit, i actually can't, there is just too much variety""
>>
>>382346637
Dude 40 hrs is like nothing, I just stopped after mission 19
>>
>>382346682
>Back up back down, that convoy mission in Africa with the Skulls, and finding Miller

Developers put the best content at the beginning of the game.
>>
File: MG1.jpg (380KB, 700x1132px) Image search: [Google]
MG1.jpg
380KB, 700x1132px
>Konami tries to win back gamers
>REmakes MG1 from the ground up changing the structure of the game so it would fit MGSV GZ gameplay
>Outer Heaven is like one Camp Omega base to sneak through with Depth, like infiltrating in and outside, with multiple levels like above stories and underground levels.
>Guard dogs and lock picking
>You have to find your weapons.
>codecs are back and handle all your saving.
>Awesome cut scenes again
>Pretty much brings back the MGS3 game structure.
>No more operation based and back to seamless story driven game

Would you forgive them, /v/?
>>
>>382345974
I honestly can't tell africa and afghaniland apart. It's all one big map with a big loading zone.
>>
>>382346863
You can also tell why Africa was the shittiest map. It probably was the first location they developed.
>>
>game focuses on gameplay
>/v/ hates it

every time! Many such cases!
>>
>>382346962
>Would you forgive them, /v/?

They have to deliver first. Your fantasies dont count.
>>
>>382346653
How about Eli, Volgin and Quiet? They're pretty alright fights.

I always liked you could beat Man On Fire by draining his health, by pushing him into a pond/cliff or by just waiting for the rain. He feels like the most complete MGS boss.
>>
>>382347198
>>game focuses on gameplay
All the missions and camps so repetitive, so they did a bad job.
>>
>>382347324
>All the missions and camps so repetitive

It's as repetitive as you make it, try harder :^)
>>
>>382347324
nah, there's already tons of different bases to infiltrate, most missions take place in their own little section of the highly varied world geography, there's more to the game than the on the ground experience and the loadout selection is humongous.
>>
>>382346549
>Bullshit, they perfected the third person controls with MGSV, say what you want about EVERYTHING else. MGSV handles like a dream, every reviewer agrees with this.
I won't deny that the controls are very fluid, TPS games are more than their control schemes though. TPS has it's own requirements in terms of level design and pacing, neither of which KojPro had experience of.

>Top down view was always clunky and there is nothing to 'perfect' with it. Its outdated trash.
The top-down view is totally fine for a fast-paced stealth action game. MGS1+2 are the epitome of that. Although top-down is more restricted and dated than TPS, I would rather play an excellent top-down game than an average TPS/open-world hybrid. The jump to TPS was difficult enough, and they didn't even try to perfect that formula. When they added open-world to the mix it became even more confused, and that's why there are so much accusations of repetitive or empty content, the standards for TPS and open-world respectively were just to high for KojPro. Of course this could still please the MGS fans who wanted MGS to be done in this style, but it won't please those who want the best of each style.
>>
>>382347198
/v/ has been so emasculated that it doesn't even like a game with a half-naked chick in it anymore!

Sad!
>>
>>382347596
>Sad!
I enjoy this meme.
>>
>>382347396
>>382347458
>You have to go out of your way to make missions and camps feel different.
That is called bad and lazy game design.
>>
>>382348000
um no sweetie, different load outs have their own strengths and weaknesses so it just depends on how exactly you feel like playing. If for some reason you always want to tranq stealth for some reason then that's your problem.

If you want forced difficulty do FOB
>>
Fucking moron. MGSV and Ground Zeroes were games that you play with a podcast on in the background. How can you even defend something like that. At least MGS4 felt like a proper fucking MGS game.
>>
>>382336735
This is a good thread and OP is based, fuck MGS4 whores and their movie with a few gameplay segments
>>
>>382348389
No it is because the missions are still the same and so is the depth of level to the camps you are infiltrate.
Thread posts: 122
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.