[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this thing really good for emulation? Let's say I wanna

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: raspberry.jpg (381KB, 2048x1331px) Image search: [Google]
raspberry.jpg
381KB, 2048x1331px
Is this thing really good for emulation? Let's say I wanna get one to play with some friends, which systems would I be able to get working without issues?
>>
>>382333602
As long as you don't want to emulate anything above N64.
>>
File: DDRhJcFXcAAKr0D.jpg (83KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
DDRhJcFXcAAKr0D.jpg
83KB, 800x800px
>>382333602
If you are a bsnesfag, no.
>>
>>382333939
how about psx?
i want to play vagrant story
>>
>>382334056
I would fuck the shit out of that beast-girl
>>
>>382333602
It's not bad, but I think a regular Wii is more stable for emulation unless there's been some comparison I don't know about. You can still use a myriad of controllers for it, but I'm not sure how deep the support goes. Along with emulation, you would get access to playing Gamecube games as well if you choose to. The hardest part would be softmodding it which is very easy to do now.
>>
>>382334056
>furry/monster girl
>size difference
>tsundere/gap moe
>footfags
>people who think dresses are cute
What do I win?
>>
>>382334056

I would fuck the shit out of that beast-girl.
>>
>>382335064
you get to google rule 34 of her, but you don't get your sanity back.
>>
>>382334056
This picture is dumb

The Beast prince is like nine feet tall in spite of being a normal sized man, the curse would make women gigantic too
>>
I've got RPi 2 and it had small fps drops on PSX games, everything below was good.
As long as you're not autistic about emulation on CRT like me it's solid and cheap.

Also the best setup:
Get 2 microSD. Install RetroPie with roms on one, install OSMC on another. Connect this shit to the TV and boom now you just swap cards to change from emulator box to torrent/movies/music box. You could also dualboot from one SD but that may take much more work
>>
>>382334382
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IQ_prN4cVI
>>
>>382333602
i have one and its only good for anything up to Snes. it sucks dick for psx or anything else
>>
>>382334382

PS1 is solid for most games if you're using 3, can confirm. Haven't tried 2.

Vagrant Story is a top 5 PS1 game for me by the way, so good taste anon.
>>
>>382333939
Even some earlier games have problems. I tried to emulate kirby's dreamland 3 on one of these and it was laggy as fuck
>>
Anything up to PS1. PS1 usually runs really well, since the titles are not all coded in different microcode and the emulator not 10 years old like the N64.
Some of the popular N64 games are playable, although you might want to overclock and fiddle with different emulator cores/plugins.

The coolest thing about a Pi 3 vs. other methods of emulation, is that you can run composite video+audio from the 3.5mm jack. A recent firmware update enabled support for 240p+scanlines instead of 480i - so now you can get the complete console experience with just a 5$ CRT TV and 5$ 3.5mm-to-3xRCA cable
>>
File: t.jpg (3MB, 2621x3495px) Image search: [Google]
t.jpg
3MB, 2621x3495px
>>382336037

picture related
>>
File: 1a4.jpg (723KB, 900x1069px) Image search: [Google]
1a4.jpg
723KB, 900x1069px
>>382335567
>>
>>382336037
>>382336276
I heard there's a lot of input lag in the Pi, is it true?
>>
What's better for emulation, a hacked Vita or a hacked 3DS?
>>
>>382336593

Maybe there's a very small amount, 1 frame perhaps, but with a lag-free CRT its just fine. It's also fine if you're on a PC monitor or a decent TV.

Half the time people complain about Pi emulation lag, they just forgot to turn on game mode on with their TV. Or their TV's game mode is crap.

A good example is Parappa The Rapper. I can play it just fine on a CRT, but with some LCD TVs, even with the game mode on, it's super hard to hit the right timings.
>>
>>382337385
vita hands down, the 3ds is barely powerful enough for snes emulation.
>>
>>382337385
hacked vita
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.