[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>cancerous 1-frame links everywhere >option selects abused

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 174
Thread images: 27

File: DpfN8Al.jpg (389KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
DpfN8Al.jpg
389KB, 2560x1440px
>cancerous 1-frame links everywhere
>option selects abused on every wakeup and oki opportunity
>shitty revenge mechanic
>ultras animations that take 10 seconds to finish
>safe confirmable FADC DPs on wakeup
>can ignore playing footsies with instant crumble focus attacks

This fucking game is worse than sf5. There's literally nothing to defend
>>
File: 3348.png (49KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
3348.png
49KB, 200x200px
>>382333141
I agree, but I'm also shit at fighting games.
>>
>>382333141
Yes, it was shit but not worse than SFV.

3rd strike was the last good SF.
>>
>>382335490
SF3 was garbage, not even Third Strike did enough to unfuck it.
>>
>>382333141
>1f links
The average BnB was a 2-3f link and only characters like Rose/Rufus had to do 1f links in their BnBs otherwise its just 2f links and 1f links aren't that hard since you usually get time to confirm that and its just muscle memory and not reactionary.
>Option selections
Better then SFV where you don't need shit because most characters have no wakeup and you cannot backdash on wakeup since its trash so people just get to attempt free meaties/throw all day until you break free
>Ultras
Ultras are shit but so are v-triggers/v-skills its cute people hate ultras but when Balrog/Urien/Laura make a instant comeback with v-trigger its because they got beaten into having it
>Ultra animations
Are we going to pretend SFV animations aren't long? Chun Li Cammy Bison Ken Nash all a good chunk.
>Safe fadc dps
Not in ultra and it cost you 2 meter if you could fadc your dp before hand. Now its costs you 3 for ex just to be safe and otherwise you do a backdash that grants them free momentum
>Ignore footsies
No that is SFV. Besides Feilong/maybe Sakura most focuses were too slow to just beat the poke game and at most if you spaced right you'd hit them well absorbing but not get the charge for level 2 crumple yet.
SFV is dog shit
1. Bad play style variety
2. Bad mechanically very shallow v-trigger/skills are basically just another move binded and not deep general mechanics. v-reversal is a bad alpha counter and shouldn't be throwable
3. Backdashes being CCd is idiotic either just keep no iframes or give them iframes and make the parts without it a CC punish
4. neutral pokes are trash
5. input delay
6. Dash speed is faster then most fighting games so because of that coupled with input delay we still see pros get in from a simple dash throw.

SF4 wasn't amazing or great but it was a solid series overall that rewarded varied play styles and smart choices. SFV is a idiotic game that maybe besides Guile to a small degree has no play style variety.
>>
>>382333141
>waaah I have to work to do unnecessary combos!
>>
File: 9lnp.jpg (206KB, 652x960px) Image search: [Google]
9lnp.jpg
206KB, 652x960px
>>382333141
creates risk reward for attempting optimal combos vs safe combos. also creates hype at tournaments and high level play
>option selects abused on every wakeup and oki opportunity
and yet the wakeup game is still less cancerous and guess based than SFV due to backdashes, reversals, crouch techs etc
>shitty revenge mechanic
I'll agree with you there, although SFV still has v-trigger which is arguably just as useful
>ultras animations that take 10 seconds to finish
only thing on your list SFV improved upon
>safe confirmable FADC DPs on wakeup
costs half your bar and can only be FADC'd on block, can still be baited
>can ignore playing footsies with instant crumble focus attacks
not at all, random focus gets blown up at high level play unless you're playing elena or something

pretty weak list to be honest senpai. just admit SFV was the first fighting game you've ever been able to git gud at because it's for wittle babbies
>>
And all those flaws turned it into a very nice show to watch. Japanese vs japanese matches were delightful to watch because of all the tech and underlying mindgames

Your bait is weak and so are you
>>
>>382336247
I love when KBrad btfo people on his stream about the "honest" crap of SFV. On how people are just fucking idiots and wanted everything that stops them from approaching retardedly to go away.

Wakeup options create honesty by returning the game to neutral or having the potential too. These were words from a fucking rushdown a fucking CAMMY main is on the side of defense.

But no people need a game where the best defensive mechanic is a 20f alpha counter you can fucking grab on reaction if you aren't doing a heavy or special on block. And then they felt the need to nerf some of them like Birdies where you cannot even get oki off a hitting v-reversal in season 2 and on.

SFV is a giant joke of a game its not a SF game its more like a SF version of MKX characters wise. But with less love not that MKX is good and even worse normals.
>>
>The best SFV player is some dude with broken teeth , speaks in ebonics , teabags and calls himself daalpha dagod and does dumb shit at majors a autistic kid would think is funny
>We have random no names doing the same Laura shit as everyone else and beating people like Daigo and teabagging.

People still feel the need to defend SFV when its so geared towards risky rushdown and nothing else.
>>
>>382333141
I'm shit at both 4 and 5 but 4 is better because it has way more characters
>>
who cares, game is dead.
and thats good.
>>
only people who started fighting games with SF4 defend it.
>>
>>382333141
Those annoying features at least take skill and make it interesting to watch.
>>
>>382337023
Better then the only people who defend SFV are literally braindead idiots who cannot get around real neutral or defense mechanics so they stick to their shit game or the pros who still shill the few that do.
>>
>cancerous 1 frame links
The only thing cancerous around here is your mindstate buddy.
>>
File: ya-blew-it.jpg (11KB, 278x282px) Image search: [Google]
ya-blew-it.jpg
11KB, 278x282px
>mfw Injustice 2 is a better fighting game than SFV and its not even close

Never thought i'd live in a world where NRS understood risk/reward better than capcom.
>>
>>382337424
that post reads like its straight out of r/kappa, the play that houses all shitters who started fighting games with SF4.
>>
>>382337839
You're acting like sf4 is a bad place to start, like it's this retarded casualised game, when it's just as good a fighting game as the best out there
>>
>>382337984
SF4 is totally a terrible place to start.
All the SF4 babbs only know SF4 and now absolutely cannot adapt to any other game so they throw tantrums because nobody bothers with their garbage game anymore.

And generally it doesnt get much more casual than having dps that you can make safe and having OS play the game for you.
>>
>>382337839
the fuck is r/kappa?
>>
>>382333141
yeah, SFV was a response to what people didn't like about SF4

/v/ is always full of tryhards who dickride the previous game in any series though
>>
>>382336051
>it's not 1 frame, it's TWO!!

Are you >implying it's at all reasonable to ask a person to hit a button with 2/60th of a second accuracy? Even a robot would struggle at that. The window is just too narrow regardless of if it's 1f, 2f, 3f, or 10f. It's literally faster than the blink of an eye and faster than what a human brain can process.
>>
>>382338194
Better then starting with SFV and literally moving to any other game realizing you have no neutral or approach game worth a game.

>OS play the game for you
ST wasn't a bad game so it doesn't hurt SF4 much

SFV is genuinely the worst fighting game to start with. Even worth the Rising Thunder or NRS games. It will teach you how to be a bad player. Its better to move from it to SF4 because atleast you know that you're intentionally being a idiot.
>>
>>382337687
Not only is it better from a fighting standpoint, it also has better graphics, more content (offline and on), and more characters to start with. SFV actually does look and feel half finished and they've been trying to bandage it for a year and a half and still aren't even close to providing a complete game.
>>
People have forgotten how bad SF4 was. I mean all iterations. Nobody wanted to play that shit by the end of it's life cycle. It's just how things are. People will say how good SFV was when SF6 is a thing.
>>
>>382338453
>sfv
>no neutral
lmao

And you're fucking insane if you think that the OS in ST compare to those in everybody uses in SF4.

Its evident that you are generally clueless about fighting games, just like all the others who think that 4 is worth a shit.
>>
>>382333141
except not at all, most of the top tier character's most damaging combos that didn't require meter were pretty lenient

>option selects
>shitty revenge mechanic
these are dumb, I agree

>safe FADC DPs
the safety literally only comes from burning meter which is perfectly reasonable

>can ignore playing footsies with crumple focus
now you have no idea what you are talking about

Also SFV has literally all of those things except some supposed abundance of 1-frame links except its also way more boring
>>
>>382338306
>People

SFV was the response to what casuals have never cared about in fighting games
>Having to think
>Approach game
>Knowing more then 3 things to play a character properly.
>Getting AAd.
>>
>>382338312
You do know a 2 frame link does not mean literally 2/60th of an input window? First there's plinking and second (and more importantly) there's fucking hitstop in the game, this is not tekken.
>>
>>382338312
It's equally as reasonable as forcing them to pretend they're writing the letter Z with the joystick before every move.
>>
>>382338770
Also don't forget the innate input buffer of the game itself(which is what you're taking advantage of when plinking).
>>
>>382337687
Content wise and presentation maybe. But gameplay still has a lot to be fixed. Zoner characters are just frustrating to play against, and the clash system still needs balance work.
>>
>>382333141
At least you can react to things in usf4 as opposed to sfv.
I still remember playing kof14 after months of playing 8frame fighter V and being surprised that I was reacting to moves while blocking pressure.
>>
>>382338635
>SFV
>Neutral
>Dash up throw is a approach game at the highest level
>People like Xian/Gamerbee/FChamp saying its dogshit and plays like laggy Marvel neutral wise.

I mean there is a neutral. Its just bad and limited as fuck but when people say it has no neutral that is what they mean. Its won through means that are usually slapstick in any other fighter but good in SFV and the reward for winning it is far greater then trying to continuously play it.

But i moved on from SF4 to GG/KOF and i don't look back fondly. Capcom is a weak ass dev and even at their best their most impressive games are older versus games/Jojo fighter/Darkstalkers. SF is not a amazing series it survives off being the first legacy game. You'd have to be a idiot to still play SF when SFV is the current SF game unless you're where the money is.
>>
>>382338770
>actually defending plinking
fuck off
>>
File: 1498507303999.png (197KB, 297x435px) Image search: [Google]
1498507303999.png
197KB, 297x435px
>>382338312
>IM BAD AT VIDEOGAMES
>>
>>382339041
>thinking people get hit by dashup throw
lmao you're really fucking clueless.
not surprising that you're a gay GG dickrider who doesnt play games to begin with.
>>
>>382339096
post 30 seconds of you pressing evil ryu or elena bnbs
>>
>>382338194
>t doesnt get much more casual than having dps that you can make safe and having OS play the game for you,

What is SFV then? It has worst neutral, a shitty and easy combo system and an oki game that rewards retarded play so people learn that pressing buttons mindlessly on your opponents wakeup is a viable option.

Again, how can you have a meaningful neutral game on SF when normals have shit range, too much recovery on them, input lag and jumps that are faster than in 4 (jumps are 18f on SFV, they were 22-23 in IV)
>>
>>382338980
>Zoner characters are just frustrating to play against
This is true. While I appreciate NRS actually having zoning in a game for once, fighting against it is very lame. A lot of blocking without making progress and then everything sends you back full screen if they touch you.

Also antiairs don't work.
>>
>>382336051
Plinking and the retarded amounts of OSes in SFIV are absolutely horrible design. Almost everyone has to do retarded shit like plinking to circumvent the design in order to be consistently competitive at higher levels. It was mistake and it won't be back again because it's fucking stupid.
>>
>>382333141
It was a huge step down from Third Strike.
>>
File: He taunted first.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
He taunted first.webm
2MB, 640x480px
USF4 had the best Dan, therefore it's the best game in the series.
>>
>>382338453
Fuck you, Rising Thunder was SFIV lite. It had better neutral than V.
>>
>>382339148
>People don't get hit by it.
Punk literally does it atleast 4 times a 2/3-3/5 to get in. Balrog players do it all the fucking time. Urien players do it all the time. Ken players do it all the time.

If you have a 11-15f dash you do it atleast a few times a 2/3 and its most legitimate then any other fighter because of the double average input delay so all you can do to react to it unless you hit a button preemptively is a light/attempt tech.

>GG dickrider doesn't play
Nah play Xrd pretty much daily Rev2 is probably my favorite fighter to date. I got into AC/AC+R late but still managed to played around 3k games.

GG has the 4th most entrants at Evo and had the third most 2 years below. Its time to stop memeing like people don't play it. Thats 3s ngrs or just GGPO dickriders in general.
>>
>>382339203
E.ryu has 1 hard link and that's cr.mp after medium axe kick.
Everything else is free.
>>
SFIV and SFV are both bad games, no need to argue about that.
>>
File: mT9SQGu.png (3KB, 914x39px) Image search: [Google]
mT9SQGu.png
3KB, 914x39px
>>382339251
>What is SFV then?
A game that you actually have to play.

We're at the point where SF4 babbs think that meaties in oki are a bad thing.
Fucking embarassing.

And good players have no issues playing neutral in the game.
Jumps are also much slower than that, I dont know where you got that number from.
>>
>>382339203
LMAO, you're so trash. I did have some super old clips on Youtube but I just deleted them last week.
I mained E. Ryu for a bit. My BnB was cr.mp, cr.hp, m.qcf kick, s.lp, hado->fadc, cr.mk, tatstu shoryu, or instead of FADC'ing the hado I would do the s.lp to tastu to shoryu.

I'm at work right now and don't have my stick, but I would fucking destroy you.

Shit, I used to main Fuerte and I could consistently land a 6-7 hit RSF every time. I also liked to poke with light kick then link it into Run, Stop, Cr.mk. You can hit about 4 cr.mk before you get pushed back too far.
>>
>>382338194
Use 1 bar to get an invincible DP

What's wrong with the concept? It's strategy
>>
>>382339571
nobody has 11 frame dashes in this game you are talking out of your ass like you've been from the start.
>>
File: 1369868437757.gif (903KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1369868437757.gif
903KB, 300x200px
>>382339416
>meaty fierce DP
>>
>>382339463
Anon i said it was even worse then SFV. I think its shit but i give it credit for having a watered down SF4 neutral which is still 10x more then SFV has.

Dude in this thread is cute though. Reminds me of my friend in SF4
>Shitty Hakan that is all execution and has no neutral/patience and died because he couldn't get in and when you got in on him couldn't defend that well.
>Praises SFV because his ass risky play style is viable for the time being

Hes a diamond in SFV but couldn't crack 3k in SF4. Hes never been good in any other fighter.
>>
>>382339678
>but I just deleted them last week.
>I'm at work right now
what a coincidence
>>
File: 1453530487685.png (22KB, 1000x668px) Image search: [Google]
1453530487685.png
22KB, 1000x668px
>>382333141
>it's another "/v/ is a complete fucking scrub at fighting games" episode
>>
>>382339148
>SFV at a high level
>Diago -arguably the best of all time- picks the only character with a semblance of zoning
>get BTFO and teabagged by some literally who because there's no neutral and he didn't guess enough 50/50's correctly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR4YNqXMpLQ
>>
>>382338770
>Plinking is done by quickly pressing two or more buttons in rapid succession (in priority descending order) exactly one-sixtieth (1/60) of a second, or one frame, apart.

So 1/60 is 1 frame but 2/60 is not 2 frames? No wonder this genre is fucked.
>>
File: 1491087625939.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1491087625939.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
>now that SF4 is dead all /v/ casuals pretend like they were hardcores in the game while acting like its the greatest game ever made
thats hilarious.
>>
>>382339924
You can add me on Steam or whatever you'd like and you can get shit on any time you please, if that's really what you want.
>>
>>382339994
>>Diago -arguably the best of all time-
LMAO

Daigo was drowning in pools in SF4 often enough
>>
>>382339665
>A game that you actually have to play.
OH I AM LAFFIN

You mean the game where you either get throw looped to death or take a CC combo that can do 50% of your health because you're defensive options are fucking NON-EXISTANT?

The game is a fucking coinflip on knockdown, even more than SF4.
>>
>>382340032
I never want to touch SF4 again, just like everybody else.
>>
>>382340126
>sf4 babb cant handle real oki and high damage games
you wouldnt make it in ST for one goddamn minute
>>
>>382340096
he's accomplished more in his fighting game career than basically anyone else

claiming he isn't in contention for best of all time is just dumb
>>
>>382340160
what a coincidence
>>
>>382340242
lmao I never challenged anybody in dead games, I asked you to prove that your execution is worth a shit, but you came up with garbage excuses.
>>
>>382340225
Look Daigo accomplished a lot, but claiming that he is always godlike no matter what is bullshit.
He had plenty of phases where he couldnt win shit.
>>
>>382340331
Then add me on steam so I can send you a video whenever I get home from work, but you won't, because you're garbage.
>>
>>382340331
not him but he's basically trying to show you his execution is still there and you're dodging REAL hard.
>>
>>382340331
>call someone out
>they ask you to add them so you can play
>pussy out
I'm team SF4 but that's pretty weak my dude
>>
>>382340193
>Real oki

Literally every other game 2d fighter on the market has invincible reversals or other mechanic on wakeup and that has been the norm for years. I didnt realize those games didnt have real oki until now, thanks anon.
>>
>>382340437
>>382340442
>>382340479
I wont post my info on 4chan.
You can fuck off.
>>
File: 1490044942091.png (133KB, 487x622px) Image search: [Google]
1490044942091.png
133KB, 487x622px
>>382340193
>real oki
>game is nothing but literal 50/50's
why not sit in your room and flip coins at that rate
>>
>>382340990
Its just your steam bro, everyone posts that on many threads.
>>
>>382341013
Oki is always guess based you idiot
>>
>Safe confirmable fadc wake-ups

At the cost of 2 bars. That's pretty much the reward for using half your fucking meter you earned. What's the problem with that?
>>
File: 1475538868829.jpg (95KB, 750x1166px) Image search: [Google]
1475538868829.jpg
95KB, 750x1166px
>>382340990
Keep dodging motherfucker
>>
>>382341081
People got doxxed with less.
>>
>>382340990
Fucking pussy.
>>
>>382341191
The problem with that is that until ultra it pretty much allowed you to get out of oki with no repercussions. If you missed you're back into neutral. If you hit, confirm into ultra. Low risk high reward.
>>
>>382341143
yeah but it's usually a bit more involved than sitting over the other person's corpse and pressing throw or crush counter
>>
Sooooooooo where's the SFV lobby, my dudes?
>>
>>382333141
I've never been able to do combos in SF4 and it's my greatest shame.
>>
>>382341329
What is this Oki? I played SFIV since release and have literally never once heard this term until recently.

Is it vortex?
>>
>>382341410
Are you /eternalbronze/ or some try hard silver+ player?

I'll make a lobby if you a bronze bro
>>
>>382341596
"Okizeme (起き攻め) is a term used in fighting games which refers to pressuring the opponent while they are getting up after being knocked down. Depending on the game, there are various possible options a player can make after being knocked down."
>>
>>382341013
>literal 50/50's
delay tech beats both meaty throws and meaty buttons, the only literal 50/50's come from left/right v-trigger setups like Ibuki's, Urien's, and Mika's.
>>
>>382341596
okizeme is the wakeup game.
you knock a guy down and then you make the other guy guess.

vortex is oki that loops into itself.
>>
>>382341596
>and have literally never once heard this term until recently
Oki has been around for literally forever, m8.
>>
>>382341143
Yeah, thats the thing, its guess bassed for BOTH players. SFV gives you 2 options to do as a defender and it punishes you for guessing wrong on top of that. Meterless dps were good but nooo, little timmy couldnt handle having to block and wait or doing true block strings.
>>
>>382341743
>delay tech beats both meaty throws and meaty buttons
and gets beaten by shimmys.
>>
File: 1363239361660.png (20KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1363239361660.png
20KB, 200x200px
>>382341704
I'm Super Gold.

B-but I play the worst character in the game (Juri).
>>
>>382341958
>and it punishes you for guessing wrong on top of that.
which is the point?
>>
>>382338980
>>382339309
Learn to play more patient or play Supergirl you scrubs lol
>>
>>382341743
>delay tech beats both meaty throws and meaty buttons
not against half the cast it doesn't since everyone has command throws
>>
>>382342000
So the situation is already much more complex than a 50/50.
>>
>>382342000
>what is a mixup
>>
File: 1497061877521.gif (220KB, 320x238px) Image search: [Google]
1497061877521.gif
220KB, 320x238px
>>382339416
>getting hit by that bullshit twice
>>
>>382341329
People baited dps all the time tho, if the dp didnt hit then it was fully punisheable. I did that all the time with dudleys short swing blow.
And then you had characters like fuerte, viper, rolento or cammy that just did bullshit that hit on crossup and blew dps the fuck out.
>>
>>382342067
>Super Gold

Haha yeah hold on to I set up a lobby to get bodied 50 times. Fuck outta here nigga.

Also, why did SFV remove BP for characters? Having just PP is so dumb.
>>
>>382340401
This is true. I mean, he started in 1991 with SF2 like everyone else, but he didn't actually compete at a high level until Darkstalkers 2 in 1995. And didn't win a national level tournament until Darkstalkers 3 in 1997.
>>
>>382342071
Punishes you too hard i mean, dps were already nerfed enough with crush counters but they cost metter now on top of that.
>>
>>382342071
It gives the attacker TOO MUCH advantage. A knockdown situation is already advantageous in and of itself, but having it often loop back into itself and doing monstrous damage through CCs if you guess wrong is ridiculous.

>>382342132
>>382342135
There's still not enough defensive options to deal with the oppressive offense SFV has.
>>
>>382342248
with FADC you couldnt get punished, only in ultra you could and then it was still really tough to do and many characters couldnt do it at all.
>>
>>382342278
How are you going to learn how to git gud if you don't want to play someone better than you.

I'll never understand this shitter mentality.
>>
>>382339416
Online gaming in fighting games is so cancerous. What is even the point when most people just rage quit?
>>
>>382342403
Most characters dont even have midscreen oki off shit.
They only get it in the corner and getting fucked in the corner is absolutely legitimate.
>>
>>382342436
>Implying you learn anything from getting bodied

You need to have people to play with locally to actually learn and improve.
>>
>>382336051
>Someone hasn't been playing F.A.N.G
>>
>>382342454
A rage quit is even better than simply winning though.
>>
>>382342454
>most people just rage quit
So you've never played online in any fighting game then?
>>
>>382333141
nigga sf4 was great, specially in latter releases
>>
>>382342505
>Most characters dont even have midscreen oki off shit
you kidding? a fuckton of characters do. Ken, Mika, Vega, Urien, Boxer, just off the top of my head. The only ones that don't happen to be the low-tiers of this game for a reason

>They only get it in the corner and getting fucked in the corner is absolutely legitimate
Not when characters like Balrog or Ken can carry you literally from corner to corner in a single combo. Getting someone into a corner is so fucking easy.
>>
File: 1498705945890.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1498705945890.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
I MADE A SFV LOBBY

ID: Durrdevil_

Please go easy on me :3
>>
>>382333141
>This fucking game is worse than sf5.
literally anyone who started playing fighters before sf4 knows this
>>
>>382342517
You can learn from getting bodied if you have a brain and focus on getting better. A lot of good players that plays in tournament learned from playing online against people that had good connection with them.
>>
File: 1498725729740.gif (2MB, 384x216px) Image search: [Google]
1498725729740.gif
2MB, 384x216px
>>382342813
Oh.

Password is 0000
>>
>>382342424
You didnt read my post. Im saying that doing crossups or baiting dps by being out of range was the way to punish them since to FADC you have to hit your opponent first. There were characters on IV that had ambiguous as fuck set ups that werent punishable by dps on wakeup.
>>
>>382342891
Getting bodied too hard is actually counter-productive. If they're significantly better than you, it gets difficult to see what you're doing wrong.

A person that's slightly better than you will always be the best way to learn.
>>
>>382342730
I know for a fact that Vega and Urien dont have midscreen oki worth a shit.
When they land a throw their mixup is over.
>>
>>382343118
And if its local you can ask questions. What should I do here? How do you avoid that? Best way to punish etc.
>>
File: dwight_question.jpg (11KB, 400x139px) Image search: [Google]
dwight_question.jpg
11KB, 400x139px
Question:
is SF3 Third Strike the Melee of street fighters?
>>
>>382343284
No, because 3rd strike is dead.
>>
File: IMG_20170530_031546.jpg (93KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170530_031546.jpg
93KB, 1080x1080px
CFN: Durrdevil

Pass: 0000

REEEEEE fight me faggots
>>
>>382343284
The melee of SF is Super Turbo.
>>
>>382343284
No. Melee is relatively good in respect to the rest of the series.
>>
>>382340990
Pathetic. Talking shit but can't even back it up when challenged. Get the fuck out of here you piece of garbage.
>>
>>382333141
you will never. ever. get this kind of reaction in street fighter 5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHJ-kUoNbHM
>>
>>382343739
>backing off asking a guy to prove that he can execute
you're pretty dumb
>>
>>382343794
Thats just because SFV isnt as terribly balanced as 4.
>>
>>382342813
>>382342916

Are you a bronze
>>
>>382333141
>I started playing fighting games in 2016, the post
>>
>>382343853
>>382343853
I asked him to add me on Steam so I can record a video whenever I get home and send it to him, but he's a gigantic pussy.
>>
>>382344002
>09ers belittling anybody
>>
>>382343420
Joining now, I have time for a couple matches. Though we tried playing a week ago and it was laggy and I got 40002 error.
>>
File: 897654678ç.png (320KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
897654678ç.png
320KB, 599x337px
>>382343420
>that flag
>unknown connection
>>
>>382333141
What do half of those words fucking mean lol
>>
>>382333141
While SF4 is probably the shittiest fighting game released since the beginning of the 360 era, we can at least thank it for reviving the fighting game genre by popularizing netplay
>>
>>382339416
Damn I miss USF4 I'll probably reinstall it today.
>>
>>382344173
>That flag

Ireland?
>>
>>382341596
The term orignated from virtua fighter. That game has been around since like 1993 or something.
>>
>>382344473
At least you know he won't be playing Mika
>>
>>382344619
He's playing Mika lol
>>
>>382344619
Big asses ARE a black culture thing though. It's a fucking meme.

Yes I'm Irish.
>>
>>382343420
What rank?
>>
Frozen lol

Did you ever try DMZing your PS4 IP on your router?
>>
>>382336051
>The average BnB was a 2-3f link
Bullshit. Even the basic character BnBs like fucking Ryu was 1f
>>
>>382344031
I just found some videos from 2010 and earlier on one of my youtube accounts.

I'm downloading the video right now so I can edit it down. I have no idea what I was thinking when I originally edited this, but I left in all the ultra animations lol.
>>
>>382344758
>black people
>culture
People have been celebrating curved women for millenias.
>>
File: IMG_20161218_110150.jpg (75KB, 625x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161218_110150.jpg
75KB, 625x960px
>practice Mika for 2 days
>Forgot every single thing about how to play Bison

My brain can hold exactly one characters information at a time apparently
>>
File: IMG_20160719_234246.jpg (440KB, 1245x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160719_234246.jpg
440KB, 1245x1920px
>>382344813
/EternalBronze/ but anyone is free to join
>>
>>382344758
Why do you white people keep trying to declare fun stuff as "black"

Whitey can't like big asses, because that's a black thing. Whitey can't like watermelon, because it's a black thing. Black people also like inhaling oxygen, you inbred hick.
>>
File: Girls.png (490KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
490KB, 449x401px
>>382345186
>forgetting charge character moves
>>
>>382345365
I meant combos and setups more than moves but ok.
>>
>>382333141
Yet it's more fun than SFV in every way. Really makes you think...
>>
>>382345186
just means you gotta play more.
helps if you play your main inbetween other practice sessions a bit.
>>
>remember practicing all of Canadian Juri's combos
>forgot them all cause I never do them during matches
>>
Just crouching attack my shit up, Juri
>>
Got disconnected midmatch, gotta go back to studying anyway. Thanks for the games.
>>
File: 1392779013481.gif (542KB, 311x283px) Image search: [Google]
1392779013481.gif
542KB, 311x283px
>Complaining about "shitty revenge mechanics" in SF4
>Then comparing it to SF5, where V-Trigger exists
>>
>>382346858
There's like three vtriggers in the game that need adjustments and then its all good.
>>
I don't understand how to play against Juri.

I'm blocking and blink and I'm in a 9 hit combo
>>
>>382346858
>an invincible reversal that does 50% damage
vs
>a powerful mechanic/attack that's unique to all characters that requires you to play the game to make a comeback
I'm not gonna pretend like Balrog v-trigger isn't UNGA, but come on. V-Triggers are way more interesting and well thought out.
>>
>>382347352
have you tried not blinking
>>
>>382335490
nostalgiafags pls go
>>
>>382345705
Yeah, combos are an important part of Juri's gameplan as it's the source of her damage but from what I saw, you need to work on your neutral. While sweep is a good poke (crouching high kick), it's punishable so try to avoid using it at mid range unless you're really far and have a read. Standing medium kick is her main poke to check at mid range and use her fireball to own the space in front of you and punish their attempt at avoiding that situation (if they jump over, anti-air. if they block, apply pressure, etc.) Combos will come later with practice.

Good games to both of you, though.
>>
>>382347352
You need to know what's + on block and what isn't. Generally speaking, don't try to mash out/press a button after blocking any medium attacks because of frame trap potentials.

Juri's strings are usually full of holes because of her fireball is not a true blockstring, so watch out for that when on defense against her. Watching for her stocked up specials gives you information on what she wants to apply pressure and how she wants to end it. Matchup knowledge, I guess.
>>
File: morningtoonlink.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
morningtoonlink.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
>the first complaint out of SF4 people deriding SF4 is complaining about 1f links
Plinking makes them criminally easy, and if you're against games having workarounds like that, you clearly don't know shit, ESPECIALLY if you're riding 3S' dick.

>Revenge is bad
A commentator in the Arcade Infinity days said it best--wake up super (or ultra in this case) has never been scrubby. It's a staple of any game that has them. Getting hit by it is scrubby. Learn to bait.

>focus attacks ignore footsies
...what
>>
>>382348824
>out of people deriding SF4*
fuck man the amount of casual itt is giving me a stroke
>>
>>382348824
supers are not a comeback mechanic that is given to the losing player.

ultras are exactly that, you get rewarded heavily for playing worse.
>>
File: 76vQo_s-200x150.gif (699KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
76vQo_s-200x150.gif
699KB, 200x150px
>>382333141
>tfw you subconsciously astral project yourself just so you can shitpost about SFIV

OP, since you are me from the future, tell me if SFVI is shit or not, please.
>>
>>382342517
You're fucking stupid and will stay in bronze forever.
>>
>>382348824
>plinking makes them criminally easy

Sure pal, even fucking Sako dropped shit on a regular basis in that game. Maybe if you actually played the game instead of watching streams and tourneys all day you'd know.
Thread posts: 174
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.