[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>buy the new DLC >beat the trial of the sword in less

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 11

File: maxresdefault.jpg (155KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
155KB, 1280x720px
>buy the new DLC
>beat the trial of the sword in less than 3 hours

It was fucking easy.
>>
3 hours ain't bad for a $10 expansion I guess
>>
>>382313035
I was dissapointed that the master sword doesnt have infinite durability, its just at 60 damage, and glows.
>>
>>382313220
I didn't get the DLC yet but doesn't beating all the trials drastically increase its durability? that's what some anons said in the other thread anyway
>>
>>382313351
Master sword is at 30 damage
Beat the first trial = 40 damage
Beat the 2nd = 50 damage
Beat the final = 60 damage with a blue glow that the sword does
>>
>>382312783
>It was fucking easy.

go and play the new hard mode
>>
>>382313035
>not getting at least an hour per dollar spent
>i-it's okay when Nintendo does it!!
>>
>>382314212
replaying the game in master mode means another 100+ hours, though :^)
>>
>>382314285
The combat and enemy variety is so fucking shallow, and only Nintendo cum-guzzlers have the autism to play through it again.
>>
>>382314376
Says the guy who didn't play through it even once...

prove otherwise or stfu, let's see a signed pic next to your botw box with a save state on screen
>>
>>382314285
>No enemy variety still.
>Weapons are samey af and lack moves still.
no.. not interested in collecting korok seeds again..
>>
>>382314376
>>382314545
if you dislike the combat so much you can always skip it entirely, it's rarely (if ever) a requirement.
>>
>>382314594
What? Am I being baited?
The only thing hard mode affects is the combat you fucking idiot.
>>
>>382314672
incorrect, there's also those floating platforms which often contain chests, and enemies in different locations (so even if you prefer stealthing past you'll still have to approach it differently)
>>
>>382314594
I do.
Now why would I play the game again on hard when the combat is so piss poor?
>>
>>382314771
see >>382314746
>>
>>382314746
>and inside the chest was...
>A SWORD THAT'LL BREAK IN 10 MINUTES!!
>5 ARROWS!!
>USELESS CURRENCY!!
The only thing BotW did very well was impress with it's presentation. After that there's almost no reason to play it again, unless there is actual new content.
>>
File: IMG_20170324_232122.jpg (2MB, 2336x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170324_232122.jpg
2MB, 2336x4160px
>>382314492
>>
>>382315043
>3/24/2017
>>
>>382314901
I'm starting to doubt that you've played the game at all now. I don't think any weapon obtainable as loot would break that quickly, even if you decide to throw it at things; arrows are legitimately useful, even for puzzles; and rupees are actually valuable here compared to previous zelda games.
>>382315043
not him but
>3/24/2017
is this pic even yours?
>>
File: james_avery_fresh_prince.jpg (27KB, 321x222px) Image search: [Google]
james_avery_fresh_prince.jpg
27KB, 321x222px
>>382312783
>Find all the costumes
>Can't be upgraded or dyed
>Start Master Mode
>Enemies are just now damage sponges
>>
File: DBSsf3VUQAAFKK6.jpg (85KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DBSsf3VUQAAFKK6.jpg
85KB, 1280x720px
>>382315043
>3rd day of 24th month
>>
File: IMG_20170607_152123.jpg (2MB, 4160x2336px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170607_152123.jpg
2MB, 4160x2336px
>>382315102
>>382315105
>>382315164
No, I'm not the guy you were arguing with. But every time you cock guzzling morons use "you've never played it, post proofs!!" as a defense toward any criticism of the game, I'm gonna get involved post my timestamps.

Grow up, and learn to have proper exchange of opinions you manchildren.
>>
>>382315378
Clean your filthy gamepad holy fuck
No surprise someone that can't keep himself and his items clean has a shitty opinion.
>>
>>382315378
why don't you have any fresh pics?
>>
>>382315454
The gamepad is dirty cause I haven't touched since I beat the game in March, save for occasional screencaps.

Stop diverting the topic. You got btfo.
>>
>>382315482
Too lazy to boot up the game and take any new ones. My WiiU is currently a Smash machine.

Last time I bothered to actually boot the hame was March 24. Game sux.
>>
>>382315519
>You got btfo.
he didn't really as it's just your opinion, he doesn't have to agree with it just because you posted a pic. It's entirely possible for you to still not have played the game regardless, although I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.
>>
File: IMG_20160923_182704.jpg (3MB, 4160x2336px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160923_182704.jpg
3MB, 4160x2336px
>>382315759
His argument boils down to "people who dislike/criticize this game haven't played it and are just jealous." Like most Zeldafags. Despite the irony being that WiiUfags got to play it an entire week earlier than Switchfags, and CemUfags now have the definitive experience, and anyone with a decent PC can play the game too. Let's not sit here and pretend that the game is exclusive to Switchtards. Many people have played the game. I got to play it before it launched thanks to piracy. I believe a lot of people who've played it have valid criticism for it, and their disappointment what honestly looked like an incredible game is justified, as we don't have to validate the purchase of a $300 tablet at launch just to play it, and pretend it's the best game ever made just to mitigate buyer's remorse. BotW COULD have been the best Zelda made, but Nintendo made a fuckton of very poor design choices, that imo, ruined the game. In the end, it's just a very overrated, mediocre open world game that fails to deliver on its promises of going back to roots.

And that's honestly as far as I'm gonna go on arguing this, as I've done this endless times, and it goes nowhere with fanboys like you. If you genuinely care to understand how people like me feel, and why we're so disappointed my most anticipated game of this gen, then watch this detailed 2 hour analysis on the matter:

https://youtu.be/T15-xfUr8z4

It holds all the arguments I've been presenting since March, with concrete in game examples that you can't strawman against.

If you just wanna shitpost and defend your poor purchasing decisions, then just call me a shitposter, and ignore all my arguments like you always do. Been at this too many times to genuinely give a fuck anymore.
>>
>>382317008
you sound annoyed that people don't agree with you about something. See, people have these things called "opinions", and rarely do they share identical opinions on a subject. I have the game on Wii U and I enjoy it thoroughly (although I haven't got the DLC yet and don't intend to anytime soon, it looks underwhelming to me), just because you didn't like it doesn't mean others can't or shouldn't; nor is your viewpoint of the viewpoint of others objective in any way. Even a video from a self-proclaimed "videogame analyst" isn't going to change that fact.
>>
>>382317008
>CemUfags now have the definitive experience
debatable; sure, you can play at a higher resolution in cemu but there's still occasional crashes and inaccuracies with the physics and shaders, and overall your mileage varies greatly depending on your CPU.
>>
File: 1493715476322m.jpg (192KB, 1024x833px) Image search: [Google]
1493715476322m.jpg
192KB, 1024x833px
>>382317640
No, I sound annoyed that any criticism toward the game is labeled as shitposting, and anyone not fellating the game is clearly jealous and haven't played it.

I don't care if people like it, people has shit taste. Capeshit sells really well, nuStarWars is a hit. I expect garbage that appeals to the least common denominator and has a strong brand name to be very successful.

I hate however that you can't ever have any meritable discussion on the game's flaws on this stupid fucking board because dumbass manchildren take it as a personal attack, and jump at people's throats with cherrypicked images and "hurr post proofs!" As I said already, I'm not the guy you were originally arguing with. I just jumped in cause I'm fucking sick of "post proofs" being considered a valid counter argument for any criticism of the game.

The people who can't accept that others could have different opinions, and even *gasp* disLIKE the game, and the mouthbreathing autists spazzing out saying "post proofs" whenever someone DARES criticize BotW.
>>
>>382317640
>you sound annoyed people don't agree with you
>posts a video of someone agreeing with him
Uhm......
>>
>>382318164
>moaning about being called a shitposter when you post shit like >>382314376
is this a joke? That post wasn't 'criticism', it was just flat-out shitposting, complete with a consolewarrior-tier insult
>>
>>382318164
Sorry, but if you use shitpost images to make a point you aren't better than those darned cherrypickers
>>
>>382318294
I know you're just being facetious, but he's agreeing with the video, not the other way around.
>>
>>382318337
>>382318307
>taking a shitposter seriously in his shitposting thread
Report and move on.
>>
>>382318307
Maybe learn to fucking read and realize that I said TWICE, that I'm not that guy you fucking retard.

>>382318337
It's only a shitpost image cause you labeled it as such. So much to the point where people ACTUALLY made an edit with misleading cherrypicks to counter it.

Imo, that image perfectly encapsulates how people feel. People wanted to explore large vast dungeons, instead we got weapon durability, breakable combat, stamina wheels, and shrines gallore, half of which feel very unfinished.

But yes, clearly anyone voicing those opinions is a shitposter, right?

Go fuck yourself.

You can't even ask for proofs at this point, I already posted my proofs.
>>
>>382318439
I just want to see how far he's willing to dig himself while I wait for the DLC to download
>>
>>382318307
Not the guy you're responding too, but if you ignore the last part of his statement, the combat and enemy variety being shallow is a valid criticism
>>
>>382318545
Misleading? Those areas exist. I would say that your image is misleading, purposely omitting info. I think you can make a point without that image, can you not?
>>
>>382318545
if you're not that guy then why did you reply with >>382315043 in direct response to another anon?
>Imo, that image perfectly encapsulates how people feel
no, it encapsulates how you feel perhaps, but not everyone is going to agree. I don't fully agree, for example.
>>382318626
well yeah but it's rather vague as well, most of the post was insults out of nowhere.
>>
>>382313220
so does the new master sword have 40 or 200 durability?
>>
>>382315148
>>Find all the costumes
>>Can't be upgraded or dyed
Fuck this so much. I wasn't satisfied with the customization options in the base game and there's less now.

I was also hoping that Master Mode would alter more survival related elements (ie more weather/temperature variances) but instead it's flying platforms?
>>
>>382318705
Perhaps if you read my post you'd understand, I've already said why, TWICE.

>>382318681
Go fuck yourself, you know exactly why they're misleading. The drawings imply large palaces, temples and dungeons to enter and explore, because the drawing is representative of the Palaces in Zelda 2 which you explore. The image from BotW is from a fortress in Akkala which is patrolled by the flying guardians, and has a tower uptop. You merely climb up the side to reach the tower, the whole thing takes a good 5 minutes to do, max. There's no comparison, climbing the side of a building to reach a tower is not the same as exploring a dungeon, and you KNOW that's what people want, as the dungeons were among the most underwhelming elements in BotW. But no, this argument is brushed aside with "but noooooo see, they look the same!!" Eat a fucking dick.
>>
If you don't like zeldey crafta you're a faggot bitch cocksucking faggot bitch
>>
>>382319404
>Perhaps if you read my post you'd understand, I've already said why, TWICE.
I don't know why you keep saying that, as I understand your viewpoint but I just don't really agree with it
>>382319404
>the whole thing takes a good 5 minutes to do, max.
not him but that's a huge exaggeration, it takes a lot longer than 5 minutes to reach akkala tower, especially since you need to use magnesis to reach it
>INB4 ravioli's gale
not everyone will have it at that point in the game, I know I didn't.
>dungeons were among the most underwhelming elements in BotW.
I also disagree with this, at least to an extent - the divine beasts are exceptionally well-designed, they're just too short overall. The shrines somewhat make up for this (even if only around half the shrines are actual shrines, with far too many being "Blessing" or "Test of Strength" shrines), but they lack proper theming so they feel more like 1 huge dungeons spliced into separate sections and are more a replacement of grottos than dungeons. Personally, though, I would've liked to see 3 more dungeons designed like BotW's Hyrule Castle (i.e. a traditional vidya dungeon [not to be confused with a traditional zelda dungeon, which has a different meaning given zelda games' unusual approaches to dungeon design]), but I still like what they did with the divine beasts and hyrule castle in the final game. I suppose the closest comparison with another zelda game here would be Majora's Mask, which also had only 4 rather short dungeons but they were consistently great.
>>
>>382319791
>the divine beasts are exceptionally well-designed
>Find and activate the 5 consoles
>every single dungeon
>each dungeon focuses on using ONE of the four runes, once you figure out which one, it's a pisstake
>the bosses are simple damage sponges that go down in seconds
>all the dungeons have the exact same visual aesthetic, and virtually no enemies aside from those goop eyes and the occasional miniGuardians
>well designed

Yeah, bull fucking shit, they're incredibly formulaic and repetitive.

The shrines DON'T make up for it as they're all bite size dungeons that are over too soon. Out of the 120 shrines, at least of the ones I've bothered to do, only like 10 stand out to me as being worthwhile. Too many are simple time wasting walkways, too many are too stupidly simple, and too many are tests of strength. I would have preferred 7-8 dungeons with the level of complexity of Hyrule castle, each with various rooms, and puzzles, and minibosses, and secrets. All with lengthy quests leading up to them, than what we got. Especially since for the Divine Beast prequests, only Zora and Gerudo were any good. Goron was ok, and Bird was shitty filler.

The entire game is underwhelming squandered potential everywhere you go. For me, after getting to Akkala, the game took a massive nosedive for me, as I quickly became aware of how little the game ACTUALLY had to offer. Wide as an ocean, but shallow like a puddle.
>>
>>382320357
Since when are Zelda dungeons not formulaic? When you boil them down they are the exact same. Find it, use item, open doors, fight boss. Done. Divine beasts at least have a fun gimmick attached to them.

Not to say being formulaic is bad, but saying that while the older dungeons feel even more formulaic is just stupid
>>
>>382320357
I preferred the lateral thinking from being able to move parts of the dungeon itself (or even the entire dungeon) and the puzzles that came from that to the previous formula, which can be similarly trivialised like so:
>find the only key available
>enter next room
>repeat 2 or 3 times
>possible optional room with enemies
>get dungeon item
>subsequently use it for all the puzzles and most enemies (including the boss) for the rest of the dungeon

Don't get me wrong, I generally like the OoT-style formula, but it got really old and starts to feel repetitive after a while, the biggest problem is it defeats any sense of accomplishment with a puzzle since you just have to use the item you obtained 99% of the time. Also, I feel enemies wouldn't fit into the Divine Beasts given the fact you're able to move the dungeons around so much, although this is why I stated earlier that I would've liked 3 more dungeons in the Hyrule Castle style to make up for it.

I don't really know why you feel the shrines don't make up for it, I felt there were far more than just 10 shrines that were worthwhile, but I guess that's just your opinion.

>I would have preferred 7-8 dungeons with the level of complexity of Hyrule castle, each with various rooms, and puzzles, and minibosses, and secrets. All with lengthy quests leading up to them, than what we got
that's quite a lot to ask for, most zelda games can't even achieve that (and even the ones that tried to ended up with a few really weak dungeons in the mix); they closest we got to that was OoT. Maybe if BotW's engine didn't result in them heavily delaying the game we could've got that, though - hopefully the next game addresses it.
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 1024x672px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 1024x672px
My gf loves Zelda and dropped BotW in one weekend. Since then she's played through a few of the newer Dynasty/Samurai Warriors, EDF, some digging game on her phone, and randomly dives into Overwatch. I think the last Zelda she cleared was TP. All 3 of my Switchfriends have done the same, where they played a portion and said they'd get back to it, but still haven't and likely won't.

That's just Zelda. You get enamored with it and move on when the novelty wears off. Unless it's the only game/platform you have.
>>
>>382320885
nice anecdote
>>
i guess this is the answer to people who compain the game is too easy thanks to infinite food. now you start with zero items and fight hinoxes, guardians and lynels. you can at least eat a 30 minute food buff before you enter.
>>
>>382315043
I analyze handwriting.

Yours says you are very hard to connect to emotionally and are in a bad mood.

It does say you're moderatley extroverted tho. Like a 7/10.
>>
Just a reminder that brining up review scores, attach rates, asking to post proofs, and calling it the greatest game ever made, makes you seem 12 and what is this
>>
>>382318307
He was criticizing the combat. You proved his fucking point
>>
>>382312783

>nu-nintendogames are hard
>>
>>382320916
Feel free to share yours
>>
How old were you when you grew out of Nintendo fandom?

I was 14, I think
>>
>>382321130
just saying it's shallow without explanation isn't much of a criticism
>>
>>382315148
>>Enemies are just now damage sponges

Placement and power have also changed I think

There's a lynel on the great plateau and fire-arrow bokoblins.

Too bad there isn't a fucking weapon that can last long enough to take any group of them out
And the health regeneration means that you can't bomb them o kingdom come
>>
>>382321089
You're actually correct. Good job.
>>
Why does no one complain about how bright and washed out this game is?
>>
File: image.jpg (782KB, 2083x2333px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
782KB, 2083x2333px
>>382321089
Do me
>>
>>382312783
You're supposed to replay the game in hard mode
>>
>>382321313
Because it gets praised for having a great art style/direction, and even though it's super saturated it "trumps realism"
>>
>>382321427
if anything it's slightly desaturated, hence the washed-out look. However, it's only really prevalent in the morning time, and whilst I'm not keen on the look I'm fairly sure it's stylistic since at evening/night the color is a lot better.
>>
>>382321313
i hate the foggy weather
>>
File: 1478101034384.jpg (62KB, 625x625px) Image search: [Google]
1478101034384.jpg
62KB, 625x625px
>>382314124
>go and play the new hard mode
But I have to start over, right? Like from the beginning, after sinking 150 hours into the game and finding all the equipment. Instead of just being able to have done hard mode from the start and not pay $20 extra for it.
>>
>>382312783
Most Zeldafags have already reached the consensus that this DLC is a pathetically lazy cash grab, which doesn't help to improve the repetitive subpar content of the main game.
>>
>>382320885
>>That's just Zelda. You get enamoured with it and move on when the novelty wears off. Unless it's the only game/platform you have.
I don't know. I'm an idort and I've really enjoyed Breath of the Wild.
>>
Is the DLC out? I don't see anywhere to download it? I already have the season pass because I got cucked by GameStop when I bought a Switch from them.
>>
>>382321352
If you really want, write a full paragraph on unlined pragraph. It doesn't matter what you write about. Then at the bottom sign your name like it's an important document.
>>
>>382314746
The floating platforms are nicer than I expected. The chests on them seem to have weapons that are considerably better than what the local enemies have, and the enemies on the platforms seem to carry better bows and have elemental arrows.

The platforms are also clearly deliberatly placed. In some spots they're placed to ambush the player by raising up from behind a cliff when an alarm horn is blown. They even gave a Bokoblin on one of those platforms shock arrows and placed it near a place where players might try to cross an icy river with a makeshift metal bridge. Some platforms are also placed in locations where shooting the octoroks will cause the treasure chest to fall into a bad spot.
>>
>>382321809
Try to update the game from the home menu.
>>
>>382321741
yup, seperate save file btw
>>
>>382321741
you can toggle hard mode on your existing save or start a new save for it.
>>
>>382318775
>More costume pieces
>Less customization
Genius
>>
Quick, how do you make Master Mode different without adding new content? Stuff the devs could've actually done here, using existing stuff as much as possible.

>mirror the overworld a la Master Quest
>new locations for basic shrines (ie not a blessing shrine, not tied to a thematic quest. Shrines are still in the same region they were originally) a la Second Quest
>new layouts for Minor/Modest/Major Tests of Strength. For instance, raised or moving platforms with small guardians on top that fire at you
>shuffle shrine rewards ie you find different armor in the labyrinth shrines as a reward
>change the location of certain treasure chests and items on the overworld; Zora Helm, the DLC items, freebies like the Hylian Trousers on the Great Plateau, weapon respawn spots like the Royal Claymore found on top of Woodland Tower etc. Quest text is changed to reflect these differences when applicable.
>more temperature and weather variances ie you can get weather that makes Central Hyrule warm/cold, or weather that makes cold areas explorable without anti-cold gear. using shade can be the difference between taking cold damage/not taking heat damage
>>
>>382322552
Are you delusional? No dev is going to put so much effort into a cheap DLC, m8.
>>
File: 1498602179178m.jpg (193KB, 1024x934px) Image search: [Google]
1498602179178m.jpg
193KB, 1024x934px
>>382322883
That's where you're wrong. Even majority of BOTW fans have reached an agreement that the DLC simply doesn't have enough contents to justify its price.
>>
>>382323284
probably because the main part of the DLC hasn't released yet
>>
>>382323284
>>382323473
If the "new dungeon" ends up being expansive and interesting like the entire questline leading up to the other four, I'll do a 180 on this.

The climb to get lightning arrows from the lynel, read the stone slabs, etc. I don't see it happening, but it could be really interesting.

>Tarrey town has been feeling a dark omen
>Monsters attack in the night
>Brave hero, dost thou must now verily enter the new DLC cave and attune your player character to the divine beast Vah Doggy.. verily
>hylians are the associated "race" with the dungeon
>>
>>382321741
>"Playing a game more than once? Wtf?!"
>>
>>382324431
This is an open world game that just came out, that I've completed just about everything recently, with very minor differences in content.
>>
How is the next DLC gonna work?

Are we gonna get to play as the Champions?
>>
>>382313220
It has 11400 damage worth of durability in it's 60 damage state.
Finishing the trials gets you that all the time rather than just in hyrule castle, divine beasts, and guardian presence.
>>
>>382312783
Wait, is this acrtually out?
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.