[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ku 2pDYnzp8 So please tell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ku2pDYnzp8

So please tell me why you guys let this game fail for no good reason?

These games are incredibly smart and deserve none of the hate they are getting from knuckle dragging troglodytes that freak out over smart gameplay.
>>
>>382312096
Subscribed.
>>
>>382312096
>So please tell me why you guys let this game fail for no good reason?

who US? the INTERNET HATE MACHINE? haha... kid you don't know who you're messin with. take that intimidation somewhere else before you get... well... y'know what'll happen... hehe.
>>
>>382312096
It's a good game that got fucked over by square enix. It was chopped in half, had the breach mode forced in, and also had microtransactions all because of Square Enix
>>
>>382312096
They think a story that is not self contained means that it's not a complete game.
They think only one hub is bad even when it's better than all the ones from the previous game combined.
They don't know how to play Immersive Sims, they just follow the quest markers all game and miss more than 50% of the content.
Also, Denuvo.

Same thing with Dishonored 2, Prey and Hitman: stupidity and bad tastes.
>>
>>382313180
Well why didn't it sell very well?

You are making Razorfist mad.
>>
>>382312096
>So please tell me why you guys let this game fail for no good reason?

Square really shot itself in the foot with this one. But to be fair the devs were taking a long ass time, 5 years since the release of Human Revolution and still it was half-finished
>>
>>382313392
Prey is actually good unlike Mankind Divided's shitty story and characters.

People forget that a game needs to have good story and characters, not a "good" message about Augmented people being black people.

And your forgetting the other Deus Ex games had proper well rounded plots, idiot.
>>
File: 1491051197944.png (26KB, 280x200px) Image search: [Google]
1491051197944.png
26KB, 280x200px
I sure do know, bought it on the sale.

>Controls feel like shit, for some reason mouse movement is absolutely hell.
>Combat is unsatisfying as hell, popping headshots galore.
>Crashes when I open a stash in my home because of ???

The lack of player agency in the first two hours or so really drove me off, thank god for refunds.

I can't even get fucking invested in the aug shit in any way, it's all just so banal.
>>
>>382313567
Why didn't it give you a sense of player agency?

And Banal my ass.
>>
>game gives you a shit ton of weapons and tools and throws you in a building
>basically a Judge Dredd or The Raid scenario

yet people still insist on playing stealth pacifist
>>
It underperformed for so many reasons. Most of which resulted in hype being lost.

>Deus Ex The Fall being hinted at as the next game and then being revealed as a mobile game. Got people all amped up and then dashed them.
>MD having the devs talk about Mechanical Apafield and make it a main theme of the game. This was already done well enough in HR. People just don't want that like they want conspiracies.
>Pre order scheme generated ill will
>Aug lives matter artwork ticked off a few SJWs and pol minded people.
>Micro transactions

In spite of all this, I would have gotten the game if I actually had a console or computer to play it. Maybe they should have done a watered down last gen release.
>>
Mankind Divided was the most underwhelming game i've played.
>>
>>382314037
Go and play Arkane shit like a good little sheep.
>>
>>382314225
lel, sensitive faggot
>>
>>382313534
>half finished
it was cut in half by square enix
>>
>>382314280
Razorfist thinks your an idiot for hating Mankind Divided.
>>
>>382313683
>Twelve minute recap cutscene
>Intro cutscene
>Small gameplay segment
>Cutscene
>Another cutscene
>Have to watch some mulatto undesireable and somehow take her seriously as well.

Augs are a non-issue, the game presents them as a huge deal because
>They caused that huge incident a while back!
Which further detracts it from the realistic angle that the original Deus Ex has.

There's really only one theme in the game, and that's transhumanism. Everyone talks about augs and augs and how augs are the best or the worst and fucking clanks haha augs man.

It's absolutely retarded.
>>
File: 1467590456583.png (272KB, 960x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1467590456583.png
272KB, 960x1400px
>series is about crazy-ass conspiracies, espionage, and cyberpunk shit
>make a game that ditches all that for #auglivesmatter #resist trash
>end the game right as the plot starts picking up steam
>wonder why everyone hates it and it sold like shit
>>
>>382314470
How is that any less retarded than what people talk about in the present?
>>
>>382314756
What's your point?

That we should have depressing boring artificial sociopolitical issues discussed over fun conspiracies?
>>
File: 1489870784781.png (246KB, 397x337px) Image search: [Google]
1489870784781.png
246KB, 397x337px
>>382314756
So it's great that the game about futuristic issues should solely focus on mirrored issues from today? Do you not see how the aug issue is simply a 'race' problem? It's actually exactly the same shit that is spewed in the media today.

What it exemplifies is the utter lack of understanding that the writers had in how to make the augs even remotely interesting.

>Aug people are people too mmkay stop being rayciss
>Don't say the C word okay it's rayc i ss okay gosh we should be more accepting of aug people.
>Hating augs just makes more aug people mad and then they'll do stuff that's bad okay!!!!

Seem familiar?
>>
>DE1 had the tension between nano-augs and conventional-augs
>Plus goverment conspiracies
>Plus Illuminati
>Plus all sorts of other mini-conflicts
>All we have now is "Augs vs non Augs"
>>
>>382315289
The tension was really damn minor, but done right and was amusing.

The new games are all about that and take it very seriously.
>>
>>382315342
>The tension was really damn minor, but done right and was amusing

I absolutely loved it, because of how well it was represented. It was definitely a minor issue, but since it involved you and your allies, it added to the immersion. Your own allies were wary if you because your existence made them outdated.

The problem with how HR and MK do it is that it's sort of background fluff and offhand comments by nameless NPCs.
>>
>>382315289
DE1 did have more shit going on but to be fair, Adam's goal in MD was always tracking down the Illuminati. Terrorists and augs vs non-augs stuff were not important in the grand scheme of things.
>>
File: 1449201528042.jpg (96KB, 599x602px) Image search: [Google]
1449201528042.jpg
96KB, 599x602px
>>382312096
The game is shit and so obviously lots of different bits stitched together at the last minute

>go to your HQ and have to do the weapons training firing range bit 3 hours after you've already been playing the game properly
>>
It improved on Human Revolution in almost every way, but people bitch because the game is 'short' (despite being longer than HR due to side content and exploring) and their computers couldn't run it.
>>
>>382316914
>have to do the weapons training firing range

You don't have to as it's entierly optional, why lie?
>>
>>382313696

It's because combat in the prequel games is unsatisfying to play. Doesn't matter how many tools the game throws your way if the core shooting is stiff and flat.
>>
>>382315289
You seem to be forgetting about the conspiracies in the new games though. The influence of the media is also looked at quite heavily
>>
File: cry4.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
cry4.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>382313696
I wish they'd finally drop the shitty takedown mechanic and replace it with proper melee combat.
Manual fists, crowbars, pipes, knives.
Immagine what damage he could do with the strenght aug.
Something like the first Crysis would be ideal.
>>
HR had something like 17 different weapons and MD only had 12, I think. It's a shame. The cool weapons where my favourite part of HR.
>>
>>382317935
Seems overpowered.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.