[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>find single player games too challenging/boring >never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

File: 1483292621542.png (127KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
1483292621542.png
127KB, 601x508px
>find single player games too challenging/boring
>never played a single player game other than mario 3 when I was a young child
>only ever play multiplayer games (namely counter strike)
>feel like I've missed out on some great experiences

I've never been good at single player games, but i really want to try some The thing is is that there's so many i don't know where to start.

I was thinking of starting with half life 2 but I'm really not sure.

Any advice?
>>
>>382309871
>counter strike
i advise killing yourself
>>
>>382309871
mass effect
uncharted
the last of us
>>
I don't think you can even really consider yourself into video games.
Since you're into CS go play Half-Life. The first one.
>>
>>382310041
fuck off retard
>>382309871
depends entirely what you are looking for. Something gameplay dependent or story driven?
>>
>>382310295
I guess story dependent, but again, i really don't know where to start. I just want good single player experiences

>>382310151
Thank you

>>382310208
I've heard it's pretty dated though, am I wrong?
>>
>>382310506
well Half-Life 2's story does depend on Half-Life. You don't actually have to have played it but to get the whole picture it's necessary.
>>
>>382310506
The first Half-Life is fine, 2 is dated.
>>
>>382310506
The Witcher 3
Deus Ex
System Shock 1 and 2
Yakuza franchise
Metro 2033 and Last Light
STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl
Red Dead Redemption
Bully
GTA 4
>>
tfw you're actually legitimately a brain and have to deal with brainlets ironically posting brainey wojak images, which despite being ironic is still done because they do also see themselves as being smart

its frustrating to see the meme. every brainlets think they're smart, but then who cops to being dumb? no one is dumb? it's measurable so im annoyed by it as a high IQ individual (145).
>>
>>382310506
>mass effect
it's slow start, but you will be putting at least 50 hours into each game of the trilogy.
best lore

>uncharted
each game in the is more or less the same
best action

>the last of us
best story

I hope you enjoy!
>>
>>382309871
You have to be underage
>>
>>382310738
All those brains and I could end your life in one punch. Heh, not so big now are you kiddo..
>>
>>382310728
Thanks for the list, i will check out all of them
>>382310741
Are these available on PC? Thanks again
>>382310973
Sadly not
>>
>>382311138
only mass effect is on pc
>>
>single player games are either grindy messes or the fun stops once you understand the systems and realize how stupid the AI is

>mp games have too many tryhards who play to win at the cost of fun and it takes a huge amount of time to git gud. Any game that avoids this has a dead community.

Is there anything good out there bros?
>>
>>382311440
>at the cost of fun
is winning not fun?
also fighting games are fun to grind for me, especially ones like Tekken and smash that let you be creative with your combos.
>>
>>382311103
Why do brainlets always get confrontational when confronted with the fact that they are brainlets? Do the acknowledge their brainletdom as something negative?
>>
>>382311103
*launches you through the room with psy energy*
Now you will know my might
>>
>>382311523
>is winning not fun?
winning at the cost of ignoring certain elements of the game because they aren't meta or viable enough is not fun. When a fun variety of game modes get scrapped in favour of the simplest death match mode that's fun that is being crapped. reducing variety in favour of efficiency is not fun.
The funnest stage of mp games is initial release because no one knows what's effective and what isnt so nothing is forced, that wears out quickly though and group think kicks in and forces a meta.
>>
>>382311971
We get it, you're a casual, it's OK anon.
>>
>>382309871
Start in mid of x360 gen when western developers acquired basic proficiency. Not really much worth before that. HL2 was early attempt to create "modern" shooter and didn't age very well, also gameplay is just bad.
>>
>>382312190
underage neo /v/ say the darnedest things.
>>
>>382312172
Is having no job like you do OK too?
>>
>>382312345
Name a good SP experience from 2003
>>
>>382312172
It gets old being hard core buddy. You either become a casual or you live a jobless neet existence/only have time for a single game.

Even when i did spend more time on vidya I always tried to make unpopular things work because strict efficient gameplay has always been boring as fuck to me. I play vidya for variety.
>>
>>382312424
Max Payne 2
>>
>>382312424
Uh oh, says here Vice City was released in 2003

And Jurassic Park Operation Genesis
>>
OP here, any foreign games worth playing? Pref story driven
>>
>>382312772
>Max Payne 2
Cringeworthy thrash

>>382312810
>Vice City
GTA V poor man's edition

>Jurassic Park Operation Genesis
fucking thrash

>>382312925
Japanese are foreign for you or not?
>>
>>382313009
Yea Japanese counts
>>
>>382313009
You find shooting and dodging cringeworthy? Damn that's pretty bad.
>>
>>382312925
Yakuza series
>>
>>382313121
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C77cieoFnM
>>
>>382313516
Anything will be cringeworthy when played by a couple of idiots
>>
>>382309871
>find multiplayer games too challenging/boring
>never played a multiplayer game other than Halo:CE when I was a child
>only ever play singleplayer games

You're like the exact opposite of me, my dude.
>>
>>382309871

Because you have. People are really anti-social today and game devs don't make many (if any) good multi-player games anymore.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.