[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Damn /v/, when did going here get to be like walking through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 129
Thread images: 17

File: shamestop.png (5KB, 442x114px) Image search: [Google]
shamestop.png
5KB, 442x114px
Damn /v/, when did going here get to be like walking through the front gates of hell?
>>
I don't get what's so bad about it. Yeah, they'll rip you off if you try and trade shit in, but other than that, it's just an average game store.
>>
>>382302645
It feels like an insult to walk in and see demos that don't work (but you'd look like a retard playing anyway), putrid smells wafting from sweaty, disgusting neckbeards, Halo swords clearly intended for children (which is M Rated by the way), some surly worker cringe-worthily trying to talk about games he knows nothing about, trying to be upsold into buying their Wombo Combo Deluxe Super Gangbang Premium Subscription or what the fuck ever, so on and so forth. Just buy your vidya at Best Buy or Amazon like decent human being.
>>
>>382303162
A company is only as good as its clients
>>
>>382302393
Half the store is Five Nights at Freddys merchandise, the other half is Skylanders and pre-owned Xbox 360 games.
>>
>>382302393
they're giving a lot fro trades right now. bring in 6 games and you can get a bonus of 70%. not gonna lie got some good credit back.
>>
>>382303535
>In-Store credit

I would rather they just told me to go fuck off. It'd be less direct. Fuck off, GameStop shill.
>>
>>382303162
>putrid smells wafting from sweaty, disgusting neckbeards
Maybe you should shower then.
>>
I went to a gamestop recently and 75% of the store's floor is MERCHANDISE
>>
Roughly around the time indie games became alot more popular.
>>
It's really not that bad. You're over exaggerating.
>>
I buy all my video games at walmart, amazon or ebay
>>
File: 1476913258438s.jpg (3KB, 214x162px) Image search: [Google]
1476913258438s.jpg
3KB, 214x162px
>my store was just converted to 50% collectibles
>half the sales floor is now toys
>district manager tells me "but anon, 50% profit margin!"
>profit margin is actually 0% because the shit never moves
>preowned games have a 30% profit margin
>sticker price for brand new title is 20% LOWER than pre-owned one
>deal gives you free game* with purchase of brand new system (GameStop makes ~$7 on the sale of a brand new Xbone or PS4)
>*free game is a select title like CoD Ghosts, No Man's Sky or 7 Days to Die.

This company is a fucking meme. Completely out of touch.
>>
It was always hell but Gamestop is basically a mall store so around the same time malls died in your area.

I stopped going there when they stopped carrying cartridge games.

Of course selling to them is a humiliating and traumatizing experience. I think they offer like 20% or less on quick-turn stuff
>>
>>382305563
It's basically Hot Topic now.

Good time to go mostly digital.
>>
>>382306583
>tfw I sold games at yard sales for more than Gamestop offered me
>>
>>382306645
There are other places to buy games. I never buy digital games and I haven't stepped inside Gamestop in probably 10 years
>>
>>382306583
>>382306649

>let my friends use my rewards card so they get discounts without paying
>accrue tens of thousands of points without shopping
>spend rewards points to renew card for free
>redeem $40 coupon
>purchase last NES Classic for $20
>GameStop buys the fucker for FIFTEEN US DOLLARS store credit.
>take it down the street to Disc Replay and sell it for $150 cash

Quickest buck I've ever made
>>
>GameStop profits are falling
>Their profits in countries like Australia are stagnating

How long until GameStop is a relic of the past?

Also:
>You are now aware that GameStop corporate prefers that their employees refer to customers as "custoguests/guests" instead of customers.
>>
File: 1498107924315.png (201KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
1498107924315.png
201KB, 576x432px
>>382302393
>walk into gamestop
>pop vinyl and graphic t-shirts in the front
>video games in the back
>>
>Go to local store to pick up Crash
>Worker had no enthusiasm and looked like he hated his life
>Happened last time I was there too

I feel bad for these people.
>>
>>382306754
>sell game that just came out and is still going for full price
>"i'll give you 89 cents. It's the best I can do"
How are Best Buys trade in prices?
>>
>Walk into Gamestop
>Nearly trip over every fucking stand they have there now because the store is so fucking difficult to navigate between all the tables and shit with nothing but collectibles on it
>>
>go to pick up game at gamestop
>it's rated M
>registerslave fucking cards me
>walked to the store so didn't have my license
>he makes me go back home and get it before selling me the game
remember when gamestop employees used to be cool?
>>
>>382302393
I work there right now. I almost quit today. Then I realized I have s bunch of amino coming out in like 3 weeks and I'll quit after I buy those.
>>
>>382307216
The first M rated game I bought there was The Warriors, and I didn't get carded
>>
File: gmagik (1).gif (747KB, 256x249px) Image search: [Google]
gmagik (1).gif
747KB, 256x249px
>>382307263
>check shipment this afternoon
>3 boxes full of Skylanders en route

Take my keys

>>382307216
Desu you're probably a low test manlet, I never card anyone who looks remotely close to 17 or older :^)

>>382307014
Probably worse, their rewards card is better though. $30 for 2 years and 10% off brand new games.

>>382306820
GameStop manager here, allow me to give you a real redpill.

>you're now aware that GameStop's employee handbook has a whole section about and I quote, "Protecting the Family"
>it's front to back a brainwashing tactic to trick you into believing GameStop actually does good things for its customers

>everyone is required to write performance reviews for everyone they work with on a given day, and go out of their way to find things to "hold them accountable" for
>that does not mean actual mistakes, it means nitpicking and harassing them over dumb shit like not referring to customers as guests
>you can be disciplined for not doing this

>corporate "forces" you to buy decorations for stores (streamers, balloons, etc.) with your own money
>only allows you to expense $25 out at any point
>you're free to just not spend any money
>get written up for not decorating the store
>>
>>382302393
Been to one near me twice. Clean & little to no traffic both times. Building is also new. Not sure what the fuss is all about.
>>
>>382307263
are you talking about plastic figurines or little bottles of shit that Dr Oz would try to sell?
>>
>>382302393
>used game sales are a tremendous detriment to developers
>treats their employees like garbage
>has no respect for their own customers

gamestop is the single biggest detriment to gaming that there's ever been.
>>
>>382307000
I feel bad that they have to ask so many questions to customers. I'm a cashier and having to ask even one for each customer gives me an awful headache later in the day.
>>
>>382306645
Both gamestop and hot topic are pretty much toys r us now
>>
>>382302393
Last time I went into a store the employees were all standing around talking about healthcare and maternity leave. Not a single one wanted to talk vidja. It was the saddest day of my life. Fuck Gamestop.
>>
>>382307824
Those topics qre interesting

But boo hoo
>>
>>382307390
>you're probably a low test manlet
I was literally almost 5 inches taller than the cashier
>>
File: 3 time zones.jpg (13KB, 236x356px) Image search: [Google]
3 time zones.jpg
13KB, 236x356px
>>382307824
>go into gamestop
>ask clerk vidya questions
>"oh, sorry I don't play video games"
I hate this timeline, I want blockbuster back.
>>
>>382308097
You were dumb to ask them questions
>>
>Gamestop is 60% merchandise nowadays
>But they pulled all the physical merchandise off the powerups rewards catalog

why
for what purpose
this feels completely contradictory
>>
>>382303954
>selling video games for anything other than more video games
LMAO it's a video game store not a pawnshop, poorfag.
>>
>>382308097
>talking to sales people anymore than you have to
>>
>>382307390
>Now someone who works for EB Games in another country
>Manager does nothing all day
>Assisstant manager does all the work
>ASM complains that they do nothing and they have to pick up the slack
>"Oh, that's not good!"
>Tells their regional manager that they will stop doing the manager's work
>"NO! IF YOU DON'T DO IT, NOTHING WILL BE DONE!"
>They won't do anything about the manager because they're afraid they'll sue for "discrimination" because of their weight

>>382307530
I get you, anon. It's not your fault.
>>
>>382308186

actual shit costs money

they just want to milk used gamed sales for free dosh
>>
>Go to buy Crash PS4
>They have a deal where you trade in two games and get Crash for $20 (down from $60)
>You can trade in ANY PS4 game
>Give them shit that won't sell
>People are doing the same
>They thought this was a good idea

Do they not realize they'll have more junk that won't sell now? Not that I care, I get the game for cheap either way.
>>
>>382308384
Crash isn't 60 dollars
>>
>tfw Circle of Life changes didn't actually change much
>tfw entire store now gets penalized in 4 of the 5 metrics because someone only bought a PS4 Pro
>>
Why does gamestop exist when Bestbuy/walmart/target are there?

Why does gamestop have so many branches, even in places that shouldnt be there
>>
File: fug has stopped working.png (116KB, 344x364px) Image search: [Google]
fug has stopped working.png
116KB, 344x364px
>Go to Gamestop
>Only way I could buy a Switch was a bundle, and it had these tiny $20 headphones come with it that I'll never use
>Try to take them back to sell them
>Get told "Sorry, we don't buy those."

>Try and sell my old 3DS to Gamestop (I have a n3DS and an n3DSXL each)
>Can't sell it because it doesn't have the fucking charger with it
>>
>>382308661
used games

>>382309069
they should've given you an insulting offer anyway because you would've taken it like the moron you are
>>
>buying videogames from anywhere but BestBuy or Amazon

The only time I go to Gamestop is when whatever I want is cheaper than vs Bestbuy. I went there to get GTA V, DS3, and TLOU because it was either cheaper or because I didn't want to wait for Amazon to ship it during Black Friday.

>>382309069
>can't sell it because it doesn't have the fucking charger with it
>if you do bring it in it doesn't matter because they'll sell the charger separately anyway

And this is why I hate Gamestop.

I remember I went in there when I was in junior high and bought a brand new $50 game for PS2, went home, played it and hated it. I brought it back IMMEDIATELY. Literally the same people working the register were still on shift. I tried to sell it back and they would only give me like 25 for it. I was like but I literally just bought it. You literally just sold it to me. BLAH BLAH BLAH POLICY.

I was like you're going to give me $20 but just put it right on sale for like $40-45 used anyway right? Dude look me right in my eyes and said yep. Ever since that day it's been fuck Gamestop. Unless I'm being completely impatient or a lazy sack of shit, I'll just buy it from BestBuy or order it on Amazon. Fuck Gamestop. In some cases I think digital is a fucking sham, but I can't wait for digital to run Gamestop out of business.
>>
>>382302393
I used to shop there now I go out of my way to avoid the place it's their shitty customer service I swear ebgames is a halfway house or maybe a needle drop off.
>>
>>382308457
Australia.
>>
>>382309632
Bestbuy will refund a game you've opened and played?
>>
File: 1460616430739.jpg (188KB, 624x336px) Image search: [Google]
1460616430739.jpg
188KB, 624x336px
>>382309632
My main issue with Gamestop is that every single time I've been there lately, someone has to have a fucking attitude. Look, I try and be respectful towards workers, because I've worked in retail, and I know how shitty people can be, but if I'm not being nasty towards you, I fucking expect you not to be nasty towards me. I'm sorry your life sucks so much because you work at a shitty place like Gamestop, but don't take it out on the people that aren't part of the problem.
>Used to want to work at Gamestop
>Put my application in there multiple times
>Called them multiple times but my calls never amounted to anything
>They just flat out ignored me
>Instead of hiring people that actually know a thing or two about video games, they hire people that know fuck-all
Good thing that I started hearing about how Gamestop treats their employees like fucking subhumans, which was enough to scare me off from working there, but too bad there's no other jobs like it.
>>
>>382302393
>enter gamestop
>always a small location crammed into a plaza or mall
>always stuffed to the brim with garbage like tshirts and toys and other "swag" in the middle of the store where you'd normally walk
>constantly have to fight your way through other people browsing things

i only use Amazon now
>>
>>382306820
>>You are now aware that GameStop corporate prefers that their employees refer to customers as "custoguests/guests" instead of customers.

all retail/corporate places do this now to pretend like it doesn't just look at customers like walking piggybanks

>>382307390
>>everyone is required to write performance reviews for everyone they work with on a given day, and go out of their way to find things to "hold them accountable" for
>>that does not mean actual mistakes, it means nitpicking and harassing them over dumb shit like not referring to customers as guests

no joke, people have to do the exact same thing in North Korea. these massive corporations are fucking awful and treat their employees almost as badly as a third world dictatorship. christ.
>>
>>382307390
>You have to pay for store decorations with your own money otherwise you get written up for not doing it

Holy shit, FUCKING GAMESTOP gets worse every time I read these threads
>>
File: Clarence_Boddicker1.jpg (12KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Clarence_Boddicker1.jpg
12KB, 300x300px
>go to gamestop
>see clothes, cellphones, and "geek chic" knickknacks
>think i'm in a hot topic
>go outside and see the sign says gamestop
>decide to go to best buy instead
>end up finding the game i was looking for with no hassle thanks to a helpful employee that even checked online to price match

hope that best buy guy is doing well
>>
>>382302393
>>382302645

>>Hi, I'd like a copy of Hot New Release 2!
>>Employee pulls a loose CD out from a drawer and sticks it inside an already opened case.

N-no thanks...
>>
>>382307000
I went to pick up Persona 5 from GAME and the guy just handed me the steelbook without saying anything with a dead expression in his eyes. Despite not paying extra for it I just accepted it and left.
>>
>>382309935
I bought FFX-X2 HD versions for PS4. Apparently someone sliced the side and slipped the disc out. I didn't even notice and niether did the dude working the register or maybe he did and sold it to me anyway? Either way when I came back showing them someone had took it out, they gave me a new copy. If that was Gamestop they would've told me to fuck off. BestBuy wouldn't refund me a game I played and opened but they wouldn't give me half the price and then turn around and sell it for nearly full price like the jews at Gamestop.

>>382310047
Meh I wouldn't have mind working there for the discounts although there's way better stores you could work for for the discounts. Maybe it's the area where you live? I live in NYC and I've never experienced anybody with an attitude, just those faggots that try to sell you the exact opposite of what you want to buy.

>want to buy headset for cousin
>this is the one I want
>oh nah man you should get this one
>yeah nah he's had this one already and it's durable plus I know he likes it
>yeah no man you should totally get this one and it glows in the dark and it's cheap
>nah dude it's fine
>are you sure? just take a look at it

I know people push shit in retail regardless but Gamestop just goes overboard with their shit. And yeah it seems like they specifically hire people that don't have ANY IDEA about videogames. If I ever put in an application for them I'm going to say I don't know shit about videogames and see if they'll hire me. It seems like they want clueless faggots that'll shill their shit.
>>
>>382312063
>Despite not paying extra for it
Unless it's different in the UK all first run copies were steelbooks.
>>
>>382302393
My credit card nor my subscription magazine have arrived yet? Fucking GameStop
>>
>>382307216
how you are walking around with a method of payment but no ID is questionable
>>
Went to buy Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 the other day and the chick asked me if I wanted the season pass.
>>
File: 1483216209733.png (974KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1483216209733.png
974KB, 1440x2560px
>go to gamestop with the bros
>just looking through random games and making comments on them
>employees are weirdly hovering and watching us
>probably thought we were going to steal something
>friend takes some weeb game off the shelf, 'hey anon you might like this'
>loudly proclaim, 'nah, i only play anime games if there's nudity, that's the best part'
>employees stop hovering
In retrospect I think it's pretty hilarious but for everyone else involved it must have been really cringe
>>
>>382313273
Yeah, to everyone else you came off as a massive ironic weeb faggot.
>>
>>382302393
I miss the PS1/N64 era when we still had mom n pop stores in my city.

I spent HOURS every day after school playing new games and stuff.

One by one the all closed or turned into phone shops.
>>
File: 1498693531681.jpg (18KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1498693531681.jpg
18KB, 500x377px
>walk into gamestop
>see a shelf filled with giant fnaf plush toys
>sigh in agony
>proceed to counter to purchase game
>game purchased, cashier then begins his song and dance of buying a warrentee for disc replacement
>take the small loss so he'll shut up
>cashier begins to babble on and on about purchased game Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
>this goes on for 5 minutes
>finally leave the store
>after i begin playing the game, i realize everything cashier said was worthless information learned within 5 minutes of starting the game
>>
>>382302393

You must be 18 years or older to browse 4chan
>>
>>382313512
and now we have 6 gamestops, they all stink
>>
I bought Senran Kagura 2 at GameStop the other day.

Girl at the counter obviously commented, saying that she liked how over the top the games were. I look a bit like a normie and kinda just wanted her to shut the fuck up and give me my game, so I didn't really respond kinda just saying "yeah they're fun". So this fat fucking autist behind me starts talking to her about the game or trying to, the girl at the counter obviously trying to get me to talk to her instead of the autist as she asked me questions, I pretty much ignored her and left.

I didn't realize this was happening until I got in the car and felt bad.
>>
File: 1498567770144.jpg (457KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1498567770144.jpg
457KB, 576x1024px
>Go to GAME in local mall while parents are doing shopping
>Kinda in to Street Fighter at the time
>Decide to buy Tekken 6 to prepare me for SFXT coming outI know
>Browsing PS3 section
>Hyper enthusiastic employee comes up asking if I'm OK
>Ask if they have Tekken 6
>Suddenly his eyes light up
>"I have something you'll REALLY like"
>Disappears before I get a chance to tell him I barely have any money on me
>Gone for about 5 minutes
>At this point I can see my parents are waiting outside awkwardly
>Guy finally comes back with huge-ass fightstick
>Despite the fact it's Ā£65 and I only have Ā£20 on me he tries to sell it to me for 5 minutes
>Finally accepts
>Realises he forgot my copy of Tekken
>Disappears for another 5 minutes
>At this point parents come in, half laughing at my predicament, half frustrated because they really want to leave
>He finally comes back
>Game is Ā£5 more than advertised online but at this point I don't care
>Get my wallet out, think it's all over
>Suddenly hear "Hey, you wanna try the PS Vita?"
>Before I know it he literally shoves the Vita into my hands while telling my Dad about all of the features (he doesn't have a clue)
>Tries to get me to preorder one despite the fact I wouldn't have enough money for the deposit
>Finally get to pay for my game and leave
>Literal two minute trip took over half an hour
That was the first time in years I'd shopped at GAME while my parents were around and it was definitely the last.
>>
>>382309632

You think that's bad?

>Be like 13
>Gamestop holds pokemon tournament
>First prize is a tee-shirt and a copy of Pokemon Battle Revolution
>Win tournament against Action Replay kids
>"Sorry Anon, we only got 1 t-shirt in, so first prize just gets the game"
>Already have pokemon battle revolution
>Go to trade it in
>"Trade in value is $25"
>The fucking thing is sealed

I wrote nintendo about the t-shirt and they sent me one in the mail. NIntendo used to be cool.
>>
>>382302393
Since pretty much forever. At bare minimum, since 2006.
>>
>>382306645
I just go Amazon. 20 percent off preorders, and used games are pretty cheap and shipped wicked fast.
>>
File: 1476837578628.jpg (67KB, 479x660px) Image search: [Google]
1476837578628.jpg
67KB, 479x660px
>Went to GameStop as a 10 year old
>looking through PS2 games and employee catches me looking at Final Fantasy X
>He starts talking about it
>Before I know it he's basically telling me that FFX might not be something I like
>Hands me Kingdom Hearts 1
>I'm a stubborn kid but he starts describing the game
>Thought Disney and Final Fantasy sounded retarded but he said to give it a shot
>Ended up buying KH1 and never looked back

This is unironically my best GameStop moment because an employee basically wasn't an autist and actually just recommended me on a game I might not have played when it's now one of my favorite series.
>>
>>382302393

This happened this morning

>Go to gamestop in my local mall
>Closed forever
>Go online to see about my pre-order
>Website tells me to call customer service
>Give them my power up rewards card info that its assigned to, and a bunch of other info
>"Oh, your pre-order is at this location."
>15 minutes away from the current location in opposite direction of house
>Current location is 15 minutes from my house
>go to the location they tell me my pre-order is
>"Sorry, all the pre-orders for that store got moved to this other store."
>It's 30 minutes from my house
>In the complete opposite direction from where I was headed
>Had to drive one hour to pick up a fucking game.

I'm fucking livid.
>>
>>382302393
Reminder that Gamestop being filled with funko shit, t-shirts, toys, and other "collectable" shit is most likely due to Gamestop Kids failing hardcore and Gamestop just put that shit into the normal Gamestop stores.
>>
>No Kayona Kim

Is this a real gamestop thread?
>>
>>382303162
I use to work at a gamestop. We purposely unplugged the demos because lil kids would stay for hours and their parents expected us to babysit them.
>>
When they turned into a hot-topic with video games.
>walk into my usual gamestop I've used for years but I haven't been in about two months
>half of the store is now taken up with shirts, toys, and other bullshit that is 80% not even vidya related
What the fuck is management doing?
>>
>>382314667

Anything to keep the store afloat.

I've heard from some friends who still work there that store profits have gone up since they started offering that shit.
>>
>>382314667
They've been having a LOT of trouble recently. Rich at reviewtech spoke about it a few months ago.
>>
>>382302393
You could just not shop there and order everything from Amazon, or just pick from a myriad of other retailers. The GameStop near where I live now isn't so bad but it's probably because it's a far more wealthy area than where I'd previously lived.
>>
File: Vapist.jpg (131KB, 860x700px) Image search: [Google]
Vapist.jpg
131KB, 860x700px
>>382314667
They know their days are numbered as digital sales grow. To really get a sense, here's videogames.com own Jeff Gertsmann to explain it:

starts around 5 minutes in
https://youtu.be/CmPvAWHWe6A?t=5m
>>
>>382302393
as far back as I can remember
>>
>>382307390
Literally this. I worked for one for 5 years. Everything he said here is true.

The worst part was, they'd even make people that weren't direct management do it. As a keyholder I had to do them as well when the actual managers weren't in.

>>382314605

Pretty sure this was a company-wide thing, most societal-shit-stain parents treat Gamestops as a big fucking babysitter, so fuck 'em I unplugged them too.

I play games, I was one of the few actually knowledgeable employees at my store when I was there. You don't know how many people actually complemented me on this.

The place did almost kill gaming for me though. Having to shill season passes, warranties, and pre-orders because they always tracked that shit on new title launches and we'd get reprimanded if we weren't meeting specific quotas made me realize how shitty game devs and that company were, I got out pretty quick.
>>
>>382314491
Oh, did they finally shut that stupid shit down?
Makes sense then.
>>
Daily reminder Gamestop would be dead already if everyone didn't mock Microsoft when they first announced going digital for the xbone.
>>
>>382306706
Shit, you can buy a digital code most of the time straight from Amazon these days. ffs even codes from FUCKING GAMESTOP DOT COM itself.
>>
>>382316903
I know Steam is fine. I'm not sure how Xbox Live store is but going full digital on PSN is retarded. They may make the better consoles but Sony's practices are beyond fucking retarded which is why I'll never go full digital on PS4.

I was calling people niggers on NBA 2K17 because they were costing me matches and fucking up my win/loss record. Of course it's 100% my fault that I got temporary banned and I can't blame anyone else for that, but I wasn't able to play online or access ANY of my downloaded games or content because of that temp ban. Now imagine if that ban was permanent. You mean to tell me just like that, hundreds upon hundreds of dollars worth of game are just gone within a blink of an eye? It's fucking stupid. I've even seen people get banned just because their bank or paypal charge back some shit because their accounts were hacked and people bought shit on their account.

I've even heard stories of people just randomly having their account hijacked and Sony telling them they couldn't do shit but just outright ban the account. Again, nothing wrong with Steam, even if you do get banned or some shit you keep the games but until Sony and Microsoft change that shit I'll never go full digital, it's just not worth the risk.
>>
>>382317496
I've gone full digital since going PC obviously and I decided for convenience I'm going all digital for my Switch too. You can tell Steam your region and Nintendo downloads seem to be alright unless you are hitting peak hours or something. PSN seemed like a nightmare when I used to be on it, even with my ethernet cable plugged in directly from my old PS4 to modem downloads were slow as FUCK. Why was I paying for PS+ when the download servers sucked huge cocks?

Something about PSN sucks all around and has even more issues like you said.
>>
>>382303162
This is pretty much it.
>When the salesman goes on about the original Chrono Trigger on the Sega Genesis.

I always support the little shops first if I can.
>>
>>382314667
>>382314832
>>382314981
They're close to K-Mart and Sears status now.
>>
>>382317672
I mean aside from the slow speeds I never really had any problems with it. It rarely goes down now on PS4 as opposed to how much it used to go down on PS3. The UI is amazing as well as other features they added. I pay for 200 down 70 up so I expect my speeds to be decent but for whatever reason downloads are shit when it comes to big updates, yet when I'm downloading full games it's lightning quick which doesn't really make sense.

If you pause it and then unpause it'll speed up your download some as well. They've improved it massively compared to PS3, but yeah PSN is still kinda shit. It's still the best console though so I deal with it.
>>
>>382312308
>If I ever put in an application for them I'm going to say I don't know shit about videogames

You need to be a mildly attractive girl for this to work.
>>
>>382317672
PSN is a nightmare on PS3. That said, I installed the smartphone app, and never have to actually do anything with the PS Store on anything but my Vita. Buying shit on my phone means that when I turn on my PS3 and PS4, the shit just begins downloading immediately.
>>
>>382317672
>>382318770
>>382318905
Were the PS3 servers fucked because anyone with CFW PS3 could download pkgs straight from Sony's servers?
>>
>>382319057
I honestly think they just optimized the store for the Vita and PS4, and said "it works well enough for the PS3."

It really doesn't though. I have a launch PS3 that's been reballed. Pretty much makes it the biggest powerhouse PS3 there is, spec wise, and the store still crashes left, right, and center.
>>
>>382308661
A lot of mouth breathers and grandmas still shop there.
>>
>>382308661
Even TRU. Went there today and they have whole sections just for LEGO Dimension and other add-on games. Saw an island just for Pop Vinyl dolls.
>>
>>382317496
>I've even seen people get banned just because their bank or paypal charge back some shit because their accounts were hacked and people bought shit on their account.

Holy shit, this happened to me. Some nigger mugged me for my backpack and it had my vita in it. Months later, I've already gotten a new vita and I guess my account was still active on my old one and someone racked up over $200 worth of charges on it. My bank refunded it but Sony locked my account until I paid it back, and they gave me until the end of the month to do so which it wasn't enough time. I lost years of collecting games and about a thousand dollars worth of games then.

Seriously fuck Sony.
>>
>>382320395
Exactly, shit like that is why I'll never go full digital. I mean buying the ocassional game digital because it's cheaper than physical sure, I mean I bought Bloodborne for like $9.99 on PSN. Thief, Sleeping Dogs, Watch Dogs, Dragon Age: Inquisition, and shit load of other games for cheap as fuck compared to physical. But I'd never go full out digital when I know I could be screwed. I used to play CoD with this redneck that used to rage like no fucking other. Dude would always report people and claim they were "cheating" "hacking" or "lagging him out". My cousin was temp banned on Xbox Live for shitting on some clan in MW2. It's just so much bullshit that can happen through no fault of your own and then bam, hundreds of dollars of games to your account is gone in the blink of an eye. Or in your case thousands worth of games depending on how long you've had the account.
>>
Is there even any reason to go there?

Games are bought either on steam/gog/humble... (PC) or via mail on webshops (console). And Gamestop are overcharging for second-hand games.

Any money I spend on games at retail is spent at regular stores that also sell games, and of which I know they support the city I live in. They also do pre-orders. You simply have to ask them. They simply don't try to force it on you. Get anything reliably on launch without having to fight with the fucks that show up at Gamestop.

Offline retail for games is dying and Gamestop was the worst part of that to begin with.
What you are seeing when you walk into one is a corpse slowly rotting away, so yeah, it's "the front gates of hell".
Good riddance.
>>
>>382306901
It's just the way things are now, walked into a "comic" store the other day and the store was 90% mercy with a small bookshelf in the back that didn't even have individual comic books
>>
>>382307481
Used games are pretty good for us. It is our right to sell our games and these niggas facilitate those sales.
>>
>>382321090
>was 90% mercy
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>382306303

They won't be around much longer just like stores that sell cd or dvds. FYE is hanging on by a thread selling nerd merch too.
>>
>>382321607
Sorry I'm a filthy phone poster I meant merch
>>
>>382302393
> Hey I want to buy X
> Let me check the database. How do you spell it?
> I want to pre-order X
> Is not a triple AAA game with poster on front, are you sure the game exist?
> Check your fucking database
> Now, you want game protection with it?
> No
> Is good because bla bla bla
> No
> Okay, your fault. You a member?
> Yes
> Oh you are going to drop a level soon if you donĀ“t buy more games, pre-order this and I can fix you a deal
> Nah, downgrade me, just let me go with my game now thanks.
> You sure? Because bla bla bla
Jesus fuck.
>>
>>382321941
That's kind of stupid, considering that it's pretty much comic book shops or nothing. These are not the things you want to entrust to package carrier companies and digital is entirely different. It ain't like physical vs digital for games or tv/movies. That is supposed to be the place to buy the things.
>>
It's like any mall shop. Malls are going the way of the dodo and they're trying their hardest to get as many customers as possible.
Because honestly, why go to GameStop when you can just get your games off Amazon or at Wal-Mart.
>>
>>382306303
>sticker price for brand new title is 20% LOWER than pre-owned one

I've seen this happening at EB games here a bit. I'll check a game, and the price for a new copy is slightly cheaper than the pre-owned. Weird.

There's often not much of a difference between the pre-owned and new copies anyway, though, given they gut all new games.
>>
>>382322538
Well, why do you even go there?
You only got yourself to blame.
>>
>>382322793
What to do with gift cards mate? Would be a waste of time to resell them.
>>
>>382302393
>Walk into GameStop at mall because my girlfriend is looking at shoes and I'm bored
>Entire wall section of Pops figures
>Entire wall section of vidya shirts
>Entire wall section of wall posters with memes on them
>One of the employees has a Pepe lanyard for his ID badge
>PS4 and Xbone have one wall section each, most of the games are cover forward not spine forward
>Switch had TWO full wall sections of empty Switch boxes and accessories but only 6 games.
>Had two coolers with Mtn Dew and Energy Drinks taking up space

When did GameStop stop selling games? It's like the next Hot Topic. Going from a specialty store you should be embarrassed to go into and turning into MemeLand
>>
>>382322747

Pre owned = make sure you got one.
I don't care I'm buy digital copy
>>
>>382309767
>mfw it's real
>mfw it's any PS4/XB1/Switch game
>mfw they spelled Switch as 'Swtich' on the official website

EB Games is true fucking cancer
>>
>>382323045
>when did it turn into hot topic
Honestly they kinda had to. They've always been a shit company who relied on the fact they were the only video-game specific retail outlet. With steam eating up the digital front and walmart/best-buy trying to corner the videogame retail front (even used games) they just can't compete. Plus this 'video-game nerd xD' culture has balooned so much I could legitimately see them carving out a niche for it
>>
>>382323727
Buy your games at Target or JB Hi-Fi instead
>>
>>382325192
>Buying physical

No thanks, I don't want to give the corporate jew my didgerishekels.
>>
>>382302393
Sometime around 2009 when they apparently realized that they could make more money by dealing in used games, merchandise, and other tech than by simply selling new games.

They are more of a pawn shop these days than a place to go to purchase new games. When the "used" game section became larger than the "new" game section is when they truly died
>>
File: gamestop is worse than genocide.jpg (115KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
gamestop is worse than genocide.jpg
115KB, 640x480px
>>382302393
GameStop
> drive to GameStop
> Find game you want
> Bring it to the counter
> They have to retrieve the actual game from the back
> The game has pic related for a case
> Hey, do you wanna preorder Call of Duty
> Are you suuuure? It has jetpacks now!
> Alright, do you wanna subscribe to Game Informer magazine?
> Okay, do you have your powerup rewards card number?
> No? Well, can I have your phone number so I can look it up?
> Can I check your ID to make sure you're 18?
> Get game
> Drive home

Buying online from Walmart/BestBuy/B&H etc
> buy game
> game arrives in 48 hours with free 2-day shipping
>>
>>382325349
GameStop literally can't compete. That's why half their stores are just covered in le geek gamer xd gear and vinyl figures these days.
>>
File: 1483827968598.jpg (267KB, 1073x1428px) Image search: [Google]
1483827968598.jpg
267KB, 1073x1428px
>>382325467
If I were a GameStop shareholder I'd break into the CEO's house and force him, at gunpoint, to eat all the Suicide Squad funkopops and random retarded shit he's clogged all our stores up with (which we had to literally throw Xbox 360s into the trash to make room for)
>>
File: nurgurcoogur.png (54KB, 230x146px) Image search: [Google]
nurgurcoogur.png
54KB, 230x146px
>>382325636
>we had to literally throw Xbox 360s into the trash

The dumpster divers must have been happy.
>>
>>382314491
what the fuck is GameStop Kids
>>
>>382307390
>>382307390
My dude, what trash district do you work in? I've never had to write daily performance reviews EVER and I've worked there for 4 years.

Also
>getting written up for not decorating the store.

I've heard about other employees from other vidya gulags being awful/untrained, but with that kind of shit I'd understand. Christ the whole thing must just be turnover city everywhere else.
>>
>>382325763
Oh yeah, dude, look it up

People find all sorts of great shit in GameStop dumpsters
Thread posts: 129
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.