[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Despite Mercy being posed as the angelic medic of the popular

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0106.jpg (164KB, 1258x1091px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0106.jpg
164KB, 1258x1091px
>Despite Mercy being posed as the angelic medic of the popular team shooter Overwatch, she, or the people who play her, might as well be the Devil with the way that many complain about her at every opportunity. Their ire covers a multitude of sins but a lot of it centers around her being a female character, a popular support hero, as well as one that exemplifies peacefulness and collaborative team effort. However, these same design choices, as well as the playerbase that have followed her in, have made Mercy a lightning rod for the obvious derision in the competitive gaming community about who plays support, as well as what we assume about their abilities. It is incredibly gendered at times, and that’s not a coincidence. Misogyny is real.

I... I can't. I can't even joke about this type of shit anymore. I'd like to think we're in a post-post-post-ironic age, but in my heart I know this is genuine and it hurts.
>>
What is the article even trying to say? It's misogynist to get mad at Mercy players even if they are male?
>>
>A character (metaphorically) sucking ass is now a gender issue
We've reached the zenith of sanity
>>
>>382295657
The only thing that's shit is the game itself.
>>
File: IMG_0107.jpg (554KB, 1441x1707px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0107.jpg
554KB, 1441x1707px
>>382295768

It's about many things.
>>
File: IMG_0109.jpg (334KB, 1536x967px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0109.jpg
334KB, 1536x967px
This is like the SJW version of "did you thank your healer?"
>>
>>382296046
Bull fucking shit
Woman are tougher than man in producing vitrol and toxicity. They are social butterflies that can outmaneuver pretty much every man. They can curse, they can be mean, usually they pretend they aren't. Claiming that they don't compete because online toxicity is just dishonesty, they love mildly toxic environments, they create them themselves.
>>
>>382296046
>“Everybody wants someone to go Mercy, but the minute you do and happen to also be female, it becomes something to criticize.”
Can't argue with that.
>>
File: IMG_0108.jpg (462KB, 1514x1379px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0108.jpg
462KB, 1514x1379px
I think I'm going insane. this can't be real.
>>
>>382296590
>i always feel like i have to try 10x harder than most people as support class
Of course you do, this fucking bitch doesn't understand that support classes are one of the toughest to play in every multiplayer game, because multiple people depend on you.
Fucking hell that makes me mad.
>>
>>382296752
That reminds me when i was playing ragnarok online and most girls went priesteses because kawaii ugu~! and they sucked dick at being them. The best priests were guys that knwe their shit and had nerves of steel.
>>
>>382295657
I don't know about everyone else, but Mercy mains always come off as self-entitled leeches in my games.
Legit scum
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.