[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why can't I bring myself to buy this game /v/? I pirated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: cdp_witcher_gate_logo_en.png (97KB, 515x232px) Image search: [Google]
cdp_witcher_gate_logo_en.png
97KB, 515x232px
Why can't I bring myself to buy this game /v/? I pirated it to try it out and just got so bored with the shitty dialogue and the combat felt like a drunk dark souls, but I know my feelings are shit because everyone else and their mothers fucking jizz over this game, I don't get it
>>
File: 1476082189193.jpg (16KB, 200x303px) Image search: [Google]
1476082189193.jpg
16KB, 200x303px
Maybe it's not for you. Some people have shit taste in food and enjoy eating human feces. You just have shit taste in games and that's ok.
>>
>>382296267
I am more of a competitive shooter guy, but try and play sp games sometimes and loved games like dark souls and skyrim but try this and I just want to fall asleep
>>
Does anybody has a key/gift of the original Metro Last Light (not Redux) for Steam that can spare me?
>>
>>382296514
get out of here jew
>>
>>382296860
i would pay for that, of course. They took it away from the steam store :/
>>
>>382295492
It's shit anon. It's a god damned movie game with spam2win gameplay but it's pretty and you can get some really nice screenshots of grass so it's the kind of game PC users adore and build rigs for.
>>
>>382296992
overwhelmingly positive on steam kind of make the game to be not shit
But then again Undertale has overwhelmingly positive so
>>
>>382295492
It's not a very good game by most measures, the best thing about it were the graphics and the scale and detail of the open world. Oh and cut-scene animation and direction.

I mean these are great things and will prop up any game, but the core of the game was really shallow. I would understand the praise if the story was at least good, but it was pretty garbage. Seriosly, Witcher 2 and even Witcher 1 were leagues better than this. Crap
>>
>>382295492
It has decent book writting which is actually really great compared to most games and that got it all the praise, if you don't like the writing I doubt you'd like the writing in any game but that's fine cause most games have shit writing and if you don't like tha combat that's also fine because it's just bad.
>>
Because it is shit, I played it for 220 hours and still think it's shit, but this was playing from vanilla +each update, the complete editions now might be better for a new player.
>>
>>382297239
A lot of that has to do with CDPR's reputation as a "bro" studio, and they deserve that reputation, I mean they might be cynical about it, but they do try and people are willing to overlook the flaws of the game

KInda like GTA V got an awful rating on steam after they banned mods or something? Has to do with the backlash. CDPR has "good backlash"
>>
>>382297239

>what are paid reviews
>>
>>382297640
>It has decent book writting which is actually really great compared to most games

Nah it's bad. It has better presentation more than anything, great animation, voice acting memorable character design. A lot of the game has laughably bad writing.

Now Witcher 2 was special, and Witcher 1 was pretty good too, even though it ripped off the books very much.
>>
>>382295492
>tries game
>doesn't like it
>"why can't i bring myself to buy this game?"
Genuinely fucking retarded...
>>
>>382298103
Because it feels like I am missing out on something, I can never really get immersed into games like a lot of other people but I want to with this one just because of the sheer amount of positivity towards it
>>
>>382297763
I don't like anyof their games but they certainly do deserve that reputation for GOG alone.
>>
>>382297960
How does a game based on a book rip off the book? Am i missing something
>>
>>382295492
>be me
>played Witcher 1 years ago
>loved it
>have a new rig
>can finally play Witcher 2 and 3 in all their glory
>play W2, 5 hours in
>looks good but there's something off with side quests being boring as fuck
>10 hours in, that boss fight was nice but played like shit with QTE in-fight
>15 hours in, game is ok but still nothing groundbreaking and I remember that W1 was way more engaging
>will finish it but seriously considering if I want to deal with 100 hours of W3 if it only resembles W2
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.