[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why dose everybody seem to hate Xbox? What the fuck is so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 9

Why dose everybody seem to hate Xbox? What the fuck is so bad about it?
>>
I don't hate it, I don't think anyone does.

It's more that nobody cares about xbox anymore, which is understandable given there is no reason to.
>>
The media and game journalists hate xbox for whatever reason since the og days. There is a huge baised against Microsoft and the xbox brand in general. Honestly if not for gravity rush 2 I would've bought an xbox one s over my ps4 any day. Sony's modern exclusives are just third person minimal action cinematic games.
>>
>>382293193
Just sony fanboys associating the Xbox one with its terrible launch.
>>
>>382293193
Sony fanboys are mad they are about to go extinct so they take all their anger out on Xbox and Nintendo fans. I can't wait to get a Xbox One X for Halo 5 and eventually Halo 6, along with Crackdown 3. I also plan to get a New 3DS for Metroid Samus Returns eventually Metroid Dread and play catch up on both the Xbox One and 3DS.
>>
>>382293193
other than the shitty ui it works great, I use mine all the time
>>
>>382293193
you're on the internet and it has no exclusive games, a console only exists to play exclusive games on the internet

In the real world people don't give a shit and just buy them to play CoD.
>>
Popularized paid online, as the Dreamcast failed to succeed at it.

General disdain for Microsoft in general, I guess.

Had shit games compared to PS2.
>>
>>382293193
People on the internet are mostly like kids in Elementary school in the 90´s. They defend their consoles and games they got as a gift from their parents, a boy "hates" the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive because he has a SNES, while another does the opposite.

You can apply this childish behavior on most videogame related activity on the internet.
>>
>>382293193
No good games
>>
>>382293193
ill probably never buy a console again desu. its a huge waste of money that i can watch old dvds on, and connect spotify to my surround sound.

All I care about is path of exile, total war, and bannerlord/kingdom come deliverance, so fuck it.
>>
>>382293193
i own both an xbone and ps4. and when it comes to services (digital/customer), offers and all that. Xbox has a better ecosystem. Microsoft has better sales (PS4 sales are pretty shit), customer service is great, and backwards compatability is pretty good. BUT, I think peoples biggest complaints is, there are barely any exclusives. And everything Xbox does PC does better. But in the console front, if you don't care much about exclusives, or Sony's exclusives in particular, and you WANT a console because you can't be bothered to build a PC, then yeah, Xbone might be a good choice. Xbone exclusives are like the icing on top, and by exclusives, I'm talking about Halo, because even it's exclusives are being ported to PC.

tldr: /v/ hates xbone because no exclusives

>>382294982
PS2 is arguably the best system of all the time, you can say the same comparing any other console to the PS2.
>>
>>382295083
Sunset Overdrive sold me the console, no regrets.
>>
>>382293193
>why do people on a weeb site who play weebshit 24/7 and own a loli pillow prefer japanese consoles?
Gee, I fucking wonder.
>>
>>382294982
>shit games
>had the Iconic Halo series, Mech Assault, and the best ports.

At least say nogaems.
>>
>>382295203
Pretty good game 6/10
The parkour is fun as fuck
Guns are fun to use looks pretty

Only 1 save no restarting
Non night defense combat is too easy only human enemies and flying anal seeking deathrape bats pose any threat.
Mp didn't last 2 months propain launcher is lockdd behind mp.
The worst thing sunset overdrive did was not having anything memorable.
But dark souls 2 proved you don't need kino characters to be a good gayme.

This game atleast gets a 5
>>
>>382295197
and to add to this. /v/ loves to compare consoles to PC. What do consoles have that PC doesn't? game that you can't play anywhere else. doesn't matter if Xbox is the most powerful console or it has a better ecosystem (better sales, things like backwards compatability, more stable online, crossplay, etc), if it barely has exclusives, then it's shit because PC is better at everything else.

but at the same time they hate Nintendo because lack of third party support lol. Sony is kind of a balance.
>>
>>382295083
This. 360 have a good selection, but XB1 just been crap exclusive after crap.

>>382295203
It's literally a hipster musou version of Saints Row and it's still the best that came out on XB1.
>>
>>382295931
The backwards compatibility argument doesn't work when comparing to a PC because by design PC games are backwards compatible. Unlike an Xbox One, when I go back and play a game that came out on PC last gen, or in an earlier gen, I can crank the resolution and visuals up a ton to look better than was feasible at release. When I pop RDR in my Xbox One it looks exactly the same as it did on my 360 when it came out 7 years ago.
>>
>>382293193
/v/ hates socializing and the Xbox is a console dedicated to people who socialize. Since day one it's been full of "dudebros" (i.e. normal people, sometimes in the military, who play games as a pastime rather than as an addiction / drug to feel good about being a 28+ year old khv) and the enjoyment has been mostly in the online games the console offers. Nothing /v/ could ever possibly appreciate.
>>
File: images (1).jpg (4KB, 222x227px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
4KB, 222x227px
>>382293193
XBOX AIN'T GOT GAMES
>>
>>382297856

summer pls
>>
>>382293193
Idk I like my xbone, but PCfags and sonygros derail every xbone thread with consolewar shitposting before any legit discussion begins.
>>
>>382295297
original xbox actually had a dope catalog, I don't care what anyone says. ninja gaiden, halo, jade empire, doom 3, half life 2, unreal championship

ps2 was just popularized by normie shit like GTA
>>
>>382293528
your post seems really bitter mate
>>
Sony ponys always try to drum up hate. Think of them like tribal nigger warlords. Either you are on their side, or they harass you until you are
>>
>>382300139
He's right, their "exclusives" are being released on PC. What's the point in getting excited for a console that wasn't relevant getting an upgrade that isn't really nessecary?

They needed more games not more frames.
>>
>>382293193

Just a glorified Halo machine

Literally what reason to own an Xbox besides Halo?
>>
>>382294471
>third person minimal action cinematic games
Is this because games are going mainstream? I don't want to play qte movie vidya games. It's so lazy and uninspired. It's worse than micro transactions.
>>
>>382293193
>invented paying a subscription fee to use your own internet connection on consoles
>Ruined the video game industry by attracting the dudebro audience
>has no good exclusives
>does not have Japanese games which are the only console games I play ie Bloodborne, Persona 5, Nioh
>>
>>382293193
REEE MICROSOFT RUINED GAMING SONY ARE PURE AND GOOD.

Literally things people on /v/ believe.
>>
>>382300735
depends on your taste in games

I personally wanted an xbox solely for panzer dragoon orta.
I will buy an xbox one if they bring 100 percent BC for the xbox games
>>
>>382295197
PS2 has the larger library but generally the games were better elsewhere. Timesplitters 2 is best on Xbox, the PS2 versions of Resident Evil 4 and Killer 7 were pretty bad compared to their GameCube base.
>>
>>382293193
They broke my heart.
>>
>>382301162
This
>>
>>382297976
WORRYO WEH
SHUVITUP YAOWNAYSS GAME
>>
>>382301163
>100 percent BC
Not gonna happen but that would be neat. At the very least I hope they bring over all the good stuff.
>>
>>382293193
i bought a ps4 slim 2 months ago and am already selling it and just bought and xbox one s yesterday.
I seriously don't get the hype on ps4
>>
>>382301163
They said its gonna be smaller than 360. But most of 360 is arcade games so...

Id say 50-100 xbox games, most of them being notable. Mechassault, halo, conker, jet set radio future, ninja gaiden black, some stars wars games etc. Expect a lot of sega stuff, sonic heroes, super monkey ball deluxe, panzer dragoon orta, outrun. Since they were big supporters of xbox
>>
>>382293193
>What the fuck is so bad about it?
Nothing.
Its just that theres nothing good about it
>>
>>382295197
>If you don't care much about exclusives, or Sony's exclusives in particular, and you WANT a console because you can't be bothered to build a PC, then yeah, Xbone might be a good choice
No, and I will give you a simple reason:
General performance.

Like 360 vs PS3 where 360 was the superior choice when it came solely to multiplats the tables have been flipped where PS4 vs Xbone has PS4 always having the superior version of the multiplat on top of having more content because Sony moneyhatted.

Xbone versions have less AA, framerates are usually far worse with more drops, no vsync, 720p or even 900p are standard while PS4 nearly always is 1080p with very few exceptions, and so on. XboneX won't even help this matter for old games barring ones with dynamic resolution (The only kind of game that comes to mind that has this is Halo 5 and Battlefield 1), and on unpatched games all it adds is some AA if it has no dynamic resolution. Add onto this the fact that it gets next to none of the Japanese third party stuff and you're basically limited to western stuff, Squeenix, and Microsoft games. Bamco occasionally ports stuff but not often. If you are going to use multiplats as a seller then at least have parity with the PS4. Fuck sakes, Assassin's Creed games are 900p on Xbone while 1080p on PS4 and the Egypt one is the first one not to be 900p (Though we don't know about the base console version yet).

Arguing this is like me giving you PS3 Bayonetta, Dragon's Dogma, or Asura's Wrath and proclaiming they're superior to the 360 versions when you and I both know they run like shit on the PS3 with worse everything.
>>
>>382293193

I look at xbox fanboys the same way I look at people what still bank at Wells Fargo.

What more could they possibly do to you before you would finally leave them?
>>
>>382293193
The exclusives suck, and these days, most of said "exclusives" also find themselves on pc soon enough
>>
>>382293193
They've lost touch with their old fan base and turned their console into a restricted windows machine.
>greed
>>
>>382303890
replace "xbox" with "console"
>>
>>382302000
this.
it's an ok console but there are no good exclusives that would warrant a buy from me, unlike ps4 where it has fuckin persona 5. need i say more.
>>
>>382293193
People underestimate how badly the always online kinectFBI sports sports sports tv sports LOL fuck trading gaems shitshow of a launch event hurt xbone so badly. Then the fact of it being underpowered compared to ps4 sent most edgefags to Sony. Normies had little choice but to follow where thier mates and console sales numbers went. Xbox literally couldn't recover.
>>
>>382304113

Sorry, as much as I fucking love my gaming PC and it still is my primary gaming machine, I still love my PS2/4.
>>
Xbox-Gamecube
Xbox 360-Wii
Xbox One-Wii U
Xbox One X-Switch

For life. We are holding back the hordes of crying PC cucks and Sony iggers.
>>
>>382293193

I don't want them to succeed in the gaming landscape by any worthwhile degree, after what they tried to pull with Xbox One.That might as well be hate.
>>
>>382304152
>it's an ok console

How so? What makes a console okay?

Usually, I'd consider two major factors to be tech and games. The Xbox one has no exclusive games and is less powerful than its direct competitor, so it loses out on both fronts. It really offers no benefit over the PS4 except for new models having a 4K Blu Ray player (but who cares about physical media in 2017?). With that in mind, I don't see how it's even just 'okay'.
>>
File: 1471414648278.jpg (7KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1471414648278.jpg
7KB, 300x200px
>>382297976
Gears of War? More like, TEARS of war.
>>
>>382304632
This is a horrible comparison. Dont lump your sorry ass, dead franchise console with Nintendo.
>>
>>382304632
Why would you compare it to Nintendo consoles? Nintendo consoles have games.
>>
>>382304753
Had you not put Nintendo at the end, I wouldn't know who you were talking about.
>>
>>382293193

Microsoft has a bad reputation as a shitty company, because it is, but it doesn't deserve any more hate than other companies.

>"What, Xbox has DRM? DRM is bad when it's not offered by Valve."

>"Pay $60 a year for multiplayer? Valve offers it for FREE (with 30% of every game sold on steam)."

Meanwhile console DRM is still tied to worthless plastic, and this is a good thing according to people.
>>
>>382293193
One reveal was dogshit
No exclusives
Doesn't cater to the weeb market and /v/'s full of weebs.
Nobody complains about Xbox fanboys on /v/ because there are no Xbox fanboys on /v/
>>
>>382293193

The Xbox brand is not really as international as the Playstation brand. because the brand can't get into Asia.
I think that handicaps MS a lot when competing with PlayStation overall.

Sony was actually smart enough to realize this by 8th gen, instead of letting MS set the pace by being fixated on western sensibilities.
>>
>>382304803
The only thing consoles have going for them is resale value on games

People happily gave that up for the convenience of Steam, because they haven't been disappointed by DRM yet
>>
We're on Sony-gger land now boys.
>>
>>382293193
Everybody hates the Xbone because:
1. They fucked up their conference with TV and dogs (who thought that talking about fucking TV 70% of a gaming console reveal was a great idea?), so nobody took them seriously
2. Bullshit policies like "no used games", "always online or you can't even use your console", which they dialed back, but anon doesn't forget
3. Xbone has weaker hardware, enjoy your dynamic 900p
4. And finally - no gaems since Xbone doesn't have and won't have exclusives, everything's on PC now.

So the only reason to buy it is if you never had a 360, the backwards compatibility program is just 10 outta 10. Or maybe if you're a hardcore Halo fan and want to play the remasters and Halo 5.
>>
>>382304472
Nailed it. I'm amazed how many other people already forgot what a mess the unveil at e3 was. Seriously it was a horrible trainwreck and united 90% of gamers against Microsoft's anticonsumer and Draconian goal
>>
Began the decline in video game quality and attracting the audience thats killing it. Fuck Microsoft I hope the xbox branch dies a slow painful death.
>>
File: 1417733348870.jpg (65KB, 444x302px) Image search: [Google]
1417733348870.jpg
65KB, 444x302px
>>382293193
>red ring of death fiasco
>pioneered paid online when nobody else was doing it
>pioneered paid dlc
>forced devs offering free DLC to attach a price tag (for instance L4D DLC was free on other platforms, microsoft forced valve to charge on xbox because they didn't want to set a precedent for free DLC)
>tried to force an always online, always microphone + camera enabled, no used game nightmare of a console down everybody's throats

Literally what has microsoft done that is worthy of praise? Fund the creation of the Halo franchise, and then run it into the ground?
>>
>>382305790
>>382305052
> the backwards compatibility program is just 10 outta 10
>Can play about 300 of the 360's 1000+ games
>10/10

Nope. When it runs all 360 and original Xbox games flawlessly, it's a 10/10 program.
>>
>>382305052
>So the only reason to buy it is if you never had a 360, the backwards compatibility program is just 10 outta 10.

You can just buy an xbox 360 or OG for much cheaper and actually be able to play all the games though?
>>
>>382293193
Nothing it's fine fuckers on here would complain about free hundred dollar bills also the weebs on here just love PS4 and like shitting on everything else.
>>
>>382305790
>red ring of death fiasco

This didn't really hurt them as much as it should have.

It was the stuff at the beginning of this gen - always-online DRM, mandatory kinect, charging more for a less powerful console - that killed the brand.
>>
>>382295197
This.
>>
>>382305790
You're posting in a lot of threads tonight.
>>
>>382301028
>>Ruined the video game industry by attracting the dudebro audience
Ps2 was the most dude bro console that has ever existed.
>>
Why is it that when a console manufacturer's console sells well, they have to then become completely clouded by arrogance and become adopting practices that are overly harmful to the consumer, inducing public backlash and forcing people to the competitor? It's like they get high on their own success, despite history suggesting it can be fleeting, and take their consumers for braindead fools who will do whatever they want them to, but there must be some business rationale as to why this effect occurs.

It happened to MS at the beginning of this gen. It was the case with Sony last gen. You can slowly start to see the wheel turning now, with Sony refusing to do certain things out of arrogance as a result of their success while MS seems to be moving towards portraying itself as more consumer-friendly.
>>
>>382306456
This
>>
The brand is losing a lot of appeal, honestly
A lot of the games/things I loved on the OG Xbox/early 360 days are pretty much gone:
>Ninja Gaiden ded
>Gears of War trilogy is finished
>Halo is ded
>Sega games like Jet Set Radi, Panzer Dragoon, & Otogi are gone
>fucking Rare - no conker, no battletoads, no banjo 3
>xbone is graphically weak compared to PS4
>xbox live isn't console multiplayer king anymore (PS4 has more sales, more players, exclusive deals, etc.)
>post-kinect 360 & early xbone (aka Don Matrick) days were complete trash
>lacking any first-party titles now
>no japanese support
>>
File: 1496541122508s.jpg (3KB, 125x121px) Image search: [Google]
1496541122508s.jpg
3KB, 125x121px
http://cogconnected.com/2017/06/oversized-xbox-duke-controller-gets-remade/

Dude lmao, is original xbox nostalgia fagging even a thing? why does microsoft try so hard? it's embarrassing!
>>
>>382306529
>You can slowly start to see the wheel turning now, with Sony refusing to do certain things out of arrogance as a result of their success while MS seems to be moving towards portraying itself as more consumer-friendly.

Oh you can definitely see it with their straight refusal to do any multiplatform matchmaking. I'm pretty sure someone, maybe not Sony but someone, has said that it would basically just be liking flipping a switch and could be done in a day but Sony refuses.
>>
>>382307583
I'm a big Xbox guy but to tell you the truth, the lack of games is really starting to get annoying. Jeff Easterling several days ago stated that Halo 6 will be ready when it's ready meaning there is a possibility that Halo 6 may not even be released next year. They have to announce a lot of first party games next year at E3. Hell put Halo 1-4 on BC and give Halo 5 a 4K enhancement with an exclusive Master Chief campaign, along with split screen and lan added.
>>
Microsoft shot themselves in the foot at E3 in 2013. They immediately backtracked on all the dumb shit that owning their console would entail, (daily log-ins, only available with a Kinect, etc) but the damage was done.
Now that everyone has pretty much made their choice of which platform they're going to play on, both Sony and Microsoft are just coming out with upgraded versions of their current console instead of new ones, which might not be a good idea for Microsoft when Sony's already outsold them more than 2 to 1.
>>
>>382307596
>http://cogconnected.com/2017/06/oversized-xbox-duke-controller-gets-remade/
Nice!
>>
>>382308136
Can't believe people still care about Halo.
>>
>>382308332
Yeah, I do, got a problem with it?
>>
File: 1496529229944s.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1496529229944s.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>382308382
As long as there are no follow up statements or questions, yes
>>
>>382309505
I guess you're one of those jealous faggots that never got a chance to play the REAL thing on the original Xbox. Sucks to be you, bitch.
>>
>>382309921
I won a crystal xbox with halo 2 in a magazine comp, halo sucks
>>
>>382293193
No games. There's nothing worth playing on it that's not already on PC. I think xbox only exists for the demographic of people who aren't willing to pay the cost of having a decent enough PC for games.
>>
File: fred-durst.jpg (14KB, 424x322px) Image search: [Google]
fred-durst.jpg
14KB, 424x322px
>>382310382
*tips backwards baseball cap* xbro
>>
>>382310085
You suck, faggot. Let me guess you gonna start crying like a bitch about how Halo ruined your boring ass maze simulator they called shooters of the 90s.
>>
File: 1474514830823.png (288KB, 600x658px) Image search: [Google]
1474514830823.png
288KB, 600x658px
>>382307583
>xbone is graphically weak compared to PS4
bait isn't meant to be that obvious anon
>>
>>382293193
Not really hate xbot, just either disappointment or indifference
>>
test
>>
Basically Microsoft and Sony were gonna give us draconian drm machines, sony backtracked where ms was honest about it, so ms got the flak.
>>
File: 499.jpg (247KB, 1505x918px) Image search: [Google]
499.jpg
247KB, 1505x918px
>>382293193
>>
>>382311924

I have games on my xbox one you can't play on pc
>>
>>382310624
Xbone is quite literally less powerful 900p on most games man, good thing I own a PC m8.
>>
>>382293193

They've been led into a retarded mass hysteria that a more powerful console with a -handful- of exclusives is the best thing to ever happen in gaming

Supposedly the xbox one x is capable of 6K graphics but WHO. IN THE FUCK. Is going to buy the monitors or tv's for it JUST to get a ego boner?
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.