[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>game about the soviet-afghan war >I'm too young

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: soviet tank soldier .png (376KB, 671x308px) Image search: [Google]
soviet tank soldier .png
376KB, 671x308px
>game about the soviet-afghan war
>I'm too young to die starts playing
>>
Name 1
>>
Are there any games set in that war? Why would any western developer touch that subject when there was no clear good guy?
>>
>>382288995
That shit Rambo game and MGSV.
>>
there's 9th company, but for cold war soviets wargame's far more fun
>>
File: batman.jpg (64KB, 486x409px) Image search: [Google]
batman.jpg
64KB, 486x409px
>>382288995
>jihadists that would eventually go on to start al qaeda which would inspire ISIS and many other muslim extremists groups
>soviet/afghan soldiers protecting a government that wanted to make sure that things like honour-killings and mandatory burkas for women were illegal
>no clear good guy
>>
File: tankman.png (1MB, 1580x934px) Image search: [Google]
tankman.png
1MB, 1580x934px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iknh6sQtDnM
>>
>>382289462
Ok Ivan, you have to remember the Soviets were also horribly oppressive and do not have the best track record with human right and not starving people to death. If I had to pick between communists and islamists, I'd pick the communists, but only because they're the lesser evil.

Also, the Mujahadeen was way less extreme back during that war. We did not know that a lot of their members would become more radical and go on to start Al Qaeda and ISIS. So when you frame it in that context (Islamists who were only kind of extreme and didn't have nearly the kill count of the Soviets vs communists who have been doing horrible things for decades), the waters get a lot muddier.
>>
File: k.jpg (19KB, 235x193px) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
19KB, 235x193px
>>382289849
>stalin's soviet union was the same as gorbachev's soviet union
>>
File: gorby.jpg (34KB, 627x352px) Image search: [Google]
gorby.jpg
34KB, 627x352px
>>382289849
you have to keep in mind that stalin was not in charge of the ussr at that point they were on the road to a more of a democratic social democracy type country with perestroika and glasnost shit however hit the fan when yeltsin took power and then with his unpopular market reforms decided to fuck everything up
>>
>>382290014
>>382290392
I'm aware that things were different in the 80s, but they still had gulags and political prisoners and secret police and all that. They could feed their people and the government was saying that America was cool now (somewhat) and stuff, but I still wouldn't say they were "good guys" in a war.
>>
>>382290909
>but they still had gulags and political prisoners

they still have those today russia is just a shitty place to live
>>
>>382288995
Black Ops 2 has a few missions during the war
>>
>>382291241
I'm not fan of Putin's Russia either.
>>
>>382288876
>Tripwire made Rising Storm 2 in the increasingly overused and boring setting of Vietnam
>Instead of Red Orchestra 3 set during the Soviet-Afghan war

wasted potential desu
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.