[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong? Why do people hate Legaia 2 so much? Never played

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Legaia2.jpg (131KB, 1020x599px) Image search: [Google]
Legaia2.jpg
131KB, 1020x599px
What went wrong? Why do people hate Legaia 2 so much? Never played it and was thinking of getting it since I loved Legaia 1
>>
>>382284356

Play it and see.
>>
>>382284389
No, that's not the same, because I'm playing it way after the fact and will have tainted opinions. I want to know why it got backlash on it's release and why people hated it then.
>>
>>382284495

No charm like the first one, shitty graphics, shitty music, shitty battle system, uninspiring characters, no sense of urgency or adventure.
>>
It is extremely generic and derivative of like, every JRPG that game out during that time.

Voice acting is awful, story sucks, graphics are ugly, art direction is barely existent. Extremely inferior to the original.

That said, the music is absolutely gorgeous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xy9Q-BLp48
>>
Because, for as much as people seem to only remember Legaia 1 for the combat, it actually had a really strong atmosphere, story, and presentation that made it much more than that.

The dead and sometimes terrifying world, the unique cultures of the surviving civilizations, the sense of dread with an underlying message of hope. Legaia 1 was so much more than just its combat.

Legaia 2 was just the combat. They just took the combat and inserted it into the most generic JRPG ever made.

That's what went wrong.
>>
>>382284356
Legaia 1 had this post-apocalyptic world where you were traveling around, restoring hope and civilization with your magic and kung fu.

I can't remember shit about Legaia's 2 world other than fighting some gorilla guy early on.
>>
>>382286257
The battle system feels slower in Legaia 2 as well
>>
>>382286556
I wish they would have gone farther with the whole apocalypse in a fantasy world thing they had in Legaia 1. Drake Castle is such an incredible tone setter. But then immediately after it feels like they bitched out of going full blown zombie apocalypse with them for some reason and instead of being aggressive they just seemed mindless.
>>
>>382286765
And that's an achievement because Legaia 1's combat is the slowest fucking shit ever.
>>
>>382286875
I get it, but they couldn't have you eviscerating all the people you're supposed to save. It may have been post-apoc, but the story was about resaving the world.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.