[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remind me again, why do you support this fat faggot and his

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 8

File: yPwsssM.jpg (226KB, 610x347px) Image search: [Google]
yPwsssM.jpg
226KB, 610x347px
Remind me again, why do you support this fat faggot and his shitty DRM service instead of buying your games through a provider like gog.com? You retards are feeding the cancer of the industry.
>>
because /v/ refuses to buy a PS4
>>
I buy on GoG whenever possible which has been more often lately since its really started to pick up some traction and new releases are becoming more common on it.
>>
>>382284047
>because /v/ refuses to buy a PS4
The sad part is, as retarded as modern consoles are, at least you own the fucking games you buy assuming you buy physical.
>>
>Net worth: US$4.1 billion
So this is the power of hats and gambling.
>>
>>382284153
>Net worth: US$4.1 billion
Dude probably has his own nacho cheese factory.
>>
File: crying wojak.jpg (8KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
crying wojak.jpg
8KB, 205x246px
achievements
>no bully
>>
OK let me just go on GOG and buy Neir: Au- oh. Well let's see about Disho- hmm. Surely they'll have Doom 20-. What do they even have?
>>
>>382284876
It's called a physical copy. And rationalizing the support of literal DRM trash by using the excuse of "but they have the games" is circular logic. They wouldn't have the games if autists like you weren't supporting them.
>>
>>382284997
>It's called a physical copy
Physical copies of PC games are just glorified Steam keys these days which is pretty fucking sad.
>>
>>382283878
because it's cheap and convenient and full of useful shopping features

fuck off with your awful website

>cancer of the industry.
no you braindead weed smoking piratefags are the cancer
>>
>>382285293
>because it's cheap and convenient and full of useful shopping features
On average, games are more expensive on Steam. It isn't convenient, and "useful shopping features" is a bizarrely retarded explanation for why you limit your ability to own the games you buy an even play half of them offline.

>fuck off with your awful website
Fuck off with your DRM trash.

>no you braindead weed smoking piratefags are the cancer
I don't smoke pot, I don't pirate, and I'm clearly at least half a brain smarter than you if you actually think Steam isn't fucking cancer. I honestly hope that one day you get randomly banned and lose access to every game you ever spent money on because you were too fucked retarded to actually own it. Maybe then you'll remove your head from your ass and wipe the shit out of your hair.
>>
>>382284997
There is no physical copy of Neir for PC and Dishonored 2 and Doom 2016 both require Steam to play even if you buy the physical copy.
>>
>>382285736
I wouldn't know since I didn't buy either game, but if that's the case, don't throw your money at cancer. Neither game is good enough to justify that. Vote with your wallet.
>>
>>382283878
Gog servers are donkey balls. Valve is not a public company and still does right by the customer.
>>
>>382284706
<bully>
>>
File: 1493842577724.png (24KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1493842577724.png
24KB, 200x200px
>>382284117
>The sad part is, as retarded as modern consoles are, at least you own the fucking games you buy assuming you buy physical.
>>
>>382286062
Actually what? Is the boogeyman going to come and take your discs if you get banned from PSN?
>>
>>382286120
Actually what? Is the boogeyman going to come and force me to uninstall the data from my drive if I get banned from Steam?
>>
>>382285912
>"If a game isn't available on GOG it's trash"
Amazing logic.
>>
>>382283878
Like you give a fuck about your DRM and privacy when you use shit like winblows and your android/apple phone
>>
Not all games I want to play are on GoG. Most of it's shit games. Steam is way cheaper at least in my country. More features like the discussion section. Stop trying to make GoG happen. It's not going to happen.
>>
>>382286185
Because you can still go buy more Steam games if you get banned right? Not like I can't go to the store and buy a disc even if I'm banned...
>>
>>382286368
>Because you can still go buy more Steam games if you get banned right?
Yea, I can just make another account.
>>
>>382286261
>Amazing logic.
Yes, actually it is.
>>
>>382286423
oh yea then import the data to steam as an out of steam game and still play it lol
>>
File: smug wojak.jpg (19KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
smug wojak.jpg
19KB, 300x300px
OP is probably one of those niggers on GOG forums complaining galaxy broke their games compatibility with windows XP
>>
File: 1429811567824.jpg (142KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1429811567824.jpg
142KB, 1440x810px
First and foremost, Steam or GOG, you're buying digital so you already forfeited your rights as a consumer. Unless you have all of the games you've bought installed on your hard disk, if CD Projekt ceases to exist your games will be lost and much as they would if Valve goes bankrupt.

Second, GOG is a huge scam. Why is that?

1. Their store has no new games, or even certain not-so-new games.
Publishers and developers want nothing to do with a digital store that doesn't use DRM.
Anybody can go to the Pirate Bay, grab a GOG release and play the game the same as a paying customer. You don't even have to risk your computer's integrity with cracks.
That why, unlike EA or Blizzard who make their new games exclusive to their own stores, CD Projekt never dared to make The Witcher 3 exclusive to the GOG store: because they're aware no one would pay for it.

2. Their store is nothing but old games.
In fact, that's the reason why they don't use DRM: the developers and publishers behind those old games disappeared a long time so there is no pressure to earn back the investment. There is no need to protect from piracy something that has been already pirated for decades.
(cont)
>>
File: 1485461303676.jpg (181KB, 549x768px) Image search: [Google]
1485461303676.jpg
181KB, 549x768px
>>382283878
Pure ideology. Valve is yet another faux-friendly exploiter and Gabe is but another thief and leech, yet /v/ will support him forevermore because he has a thin veneer of being "our guy". Yes, I'm sure this lazy pig who has not produced a new game in years is your friend. I'm sure this mobile piece of blubber who floods the market with junk is your pal. I'm sure this corpulent mass who steals the profits from hundreds of laborers is your buddy.

Only when we seize the means of production can video games truly be free and good again.
>>
steam itself isnt drm
>>
literally the thing i asked myself today.
i have around 1200 games on steam and only play like 3 of them max
gonna use steam purely for CSGO and NS2 and then im gonna buy all my games through GOG now.
>>
File: 1436104493759.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1436104493759.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>382287717
3. What's the point of paying for old games?
As I said before, those developers ceased to exist. Your money isn't paying them for their work or funding the creation of new games like those. They're going to the pockets of the parasites who bought those intellectual properties paying bargain / bankrupt prices.
Instead of wasting your time and money, just go to your favorite torrent tracker.

4. Steam has regional pricing
Thanks to regional pricing no store gives me a cheaper price for digital PC games. The only games sold on Steam that don't get regional pricing are those sold by Bethesda. Meanwhile GOG only charges in dollars.

>But GOG has tons of new games
Let's check exactly what those new games are:
>The Witcher series
Self-explanatory
>Kickstarter projects
Those games already made their money back, or more exactly, the developer never had to take any financial risk, so there is no pressure to recoup the money.
>Hyperdimensional Neptunia
Already recoup the port investment through Steam, so no pressure here.

>But Steam sells hats and DOTA cosmetics
Irrelevant.

>But Steam has social media
Irrelevant.

That said, as much as pure thievery as GOG is, I'm glad it exists. Competition is necessary for customers and monopolies are the worst thing that can happen to any market.

And that's ladies and gentlemen, why I don't buy shit from GOG and you shouldn't.
>>
File: 1498203088413.png (620KB, 1050x1365px) Image search: [Google]
1498203088413.png
620KB, 1050x1365px
>>382288789
>continue to feed one beast instead of a new one
>>
>>382287717
you also forfeit your rights when you bought discs or floppy discs. it says right there on them all rights reserved. those rights being reserved havent changed, just enforcement of them has become easier.
>1. there store has no new games, or even certain not so new games
huh, i wonder if the name good old games means anything in this regard
>nothing to do with a store that dosent have drm
gog has drm now for multiplayer experiences

>2. good old games has nothing but good old games
breaking news

>>382288789
3. in this case, your actually paying for the unlimted access and the work go into making sure its compatible with modern systems

4.i dont even see why this is a complaint?

>5. gog dosent have new games, cept, well, these ones, and they dont count
shrug.exe.jpg.tiff.png

>hats and dota
agreed

>social media
gog galaxy does that now.

anyways, gog is the same/equal with steam when it comes to practices, just wanna update you on some shit
>>
>>382283878
Because I like the convenience of downloading all my games from the same place. Also the sales.
>>
>>382289405
>all rights reserved. those rights being reserved havent changed,
Those are copyrights, all rights to trademarks, copyrights and patents you stupid fuck
>>
>>382283878
>Gabe Newell is successful
>Commies hate success
>Try to discredit a man who can make money selling virtual hats
He is the epitome of the American dream and everyone including me is jealous that he became so successful.
>>
>>382287717
>doesnt sell what I like, so it's bad
>>
>>382289523
nope. its also the right to revoke a license. its the basis behind them being able to ban your cd-key from online use. like i said before, the rights havent changed, the enforcement has gotten easier. before it was just online use, now its everything. the rights themselves havent changed
>>
>>382283878
Because GOG will be the same once it has the same amount of success. They've also ignored so many requested features in community wishlist to the point that they might just cancel it after putting achievements in GOG galaxy or something.
There's also no real reason for me to buy games from GOG considering it's support for Linux is so abysmal that Steam sounds like a godsend compared to it
>>
>>382286469
Every time a game I want is available on gog, I'm going to buy two copies on Steam, just for you.
>>
>>382287717
>>382288789
GOGKEKS BTFO
>>
>>382291353

>>382289405
>>
I'm just disgusted with some of Valve action's in general, but how is CD Projekt any different? Trust me, if GOG took off like Steam did they would be as worse as Valve like what this anon said >>382287717
>>382288789
>>
Because he's fat, why else?
>>
>>382283878
Games on Steam are super fucking cheap on my end. I rarely use GOG because the games there tend to be 30% more expensive here.
>>
>>382290470
my ex boyfriend the space tyrants unlikely to ever show up on there, man, give it up
>>
>>382283878
cheaper
steam is kind on us canadacucks
>>
>>382293708
yeah, gabe figured being canadians was punishment in its own right
>>
>>382287717
>if CD Projekt ceases to exist your games will be lost
but you can literally backup the gog installer on a disc and install it whenever you want just like a real game that you bought
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.