[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I bought the trilogy for my PS4, having never played Grand Theft

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: gta trilogy.jpg (37KB, 466x466px) Image search: [Google]
gta trilogy.jpg
37KB, 466x466px
I bought the trilogy for my PS4, having never played Grand Theft Auto before. I started playing III, and I'm not really loving it. It strikes me as a game that was probably cooler when it came out, but didn't age well. Are Vice City and San Andreas better? Or should I just pick up V and jump in there?
>>
>>382277320
Vice City improves on 3 on every aspect and san andreas even more, but some argue that vice city is the better game.
>>
>>382277320
Vice City is one of the best games ever, San Andreas is garbage.
>>
>>382277567
>>382277320
If you hate the lack of map feature in 3, it gets added started with vice city.

>>382277846
>San Andreas is garbage.
Bullshit, it was a great game.
>>
I would love to buy this. Can't go back to driving with face buttons instead of triggers though.
>>
just rely on drive bys in 3
>>
i would say there's mostly nostalgia issues.
the voice acting is outdated
the gameplay is outdated
the control is outdated
the level is outdated

but the theme is timeless
the story is timeless
the characters is timeless

if u have never played GTA before,
you wouldn't like them as much
you wouldn't like V as much either, because of it being incomplete.

the best GTA style game would be red dead redemption,
especially if you liked cowboy themes.

for alternatives,
you can go sleeping dogs for asian mafia theme
and saints row for LUL RANDUM MEMES theme

the GTA trilogy is merely for nostalgia purpose.
i bought it on steam sales recently,
and am now just skipping III because i never played it and went straight for vice city
>>
GTA III nailed early 2000's edge and besides Vice City is the only game where it feels like Risin' to the Top
>>
Play Bully.
>>
Should I do my biannual tradition of replaying the trilogy + Bully?
>>
Vice city didn't really age well at all, SA aged slightly better but still both games are fundamentally flawed.
If you're an american you might find it more appealing but the stories are pretty awful.
GTA IV is amazing though.
>>
There's an open-ness to the missions in GTA III that I really liked when I played it, they're mostly vague enough that there are always a handful of ways of getting shit done.

Aside from the setting, music, and Tommy, I didn't enjoy Vice City.
>>
Which is the one where you're basically Tony Montana?
>>
>>382278991
Bully, GTA SA and IV, and RDR are the only Rockstar games worth playing.
>>
>>382277320
"Didn't aged well" is nice to say. III is almost unplayable by today standards, the difficulty level jumps like a cat on speed, you have some ridiculous easy levels you manage to finish in your first try, then you have some incredible unfair hard and unbalanced levels that you can only finish if you cheat the game (not using cheats, but using certain glitches or bugs to not try it 1000000 times and then finish it out of pure luck).

Vice City on the other hand aged by far better, there aren't machine guns who instant kill you, the difficulty level is always fair, there is maybe one level that could be more difficult than the others (which is the construction model helicopter level, but only if you decide to play it with a keyboard), but it's way more playable.

San Andreas is from a gameplay point of view the best in the trilogy, even by today standards it has good gameplay and finally you have fun with the shooting sections.

My personal favorite is VC tho, but that's only because I like the whole 80s stuff.
>>
>>382277320
Vice City and San Andreas both improve on III.
>>382278991
Bully is very different from GTA.
>>382279307
Vice City.
>>
>>382277320
the GTAs that is top view,
are the truly ones that you actually steals cars...
not kill drugdealers and hookers...
>>
>>382277320
Yeah, gta 3 has been left in the dust by the later versions. At the time it was pretty special. I still like it the best though, it had just the right balance of humor and grit. Every following gta has been getting goofier with the exception of 4, which had it's own share of problems. I even prefer the radio from 3 over VC.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.