[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Playing Alien Isolation on Nightmare for my first playthrough.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: sYA7Bsqi.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
sYA7Bsqi.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
Playing Alien Isolation on Nightmare for my first playthrough.

What kind of ass fuckery should I expect?
>>
i just started playing in on normal and its solid! such a good game though i should of got it years ago
>>
What if you were to give this game to, say, twenty... intelligent people i mean, what would that do? Let's face it what would it do?
>>
>>382276758
Don't play on nightmare! That was a mode added in via a patch to make things harder for players that have already mastered the game.

Play on normal or even better, hard first as nightmare mode requires foreknowledge of how the game works and the layout of the areas first.
>>
>>382276758
pretty shit game and can be frustrating as it only saves in checkpoints and you have to replay obnoxiously tedious sections
nightmare is also kinda shit as getting found out kind of feels hit and miss
one piece of advice though, Don't ever hide in lockers etc as it triggers the alien to come in and give you a spook wasting time instead just hide behind any kind of waist high objects and throw shit around to distract it
>>
>>382279001
git gud.
>>
>>382276758
I'd play Nightmare on the 2nd play through if you do one.
It's fun but your motion detector is essentially useless so it's extremely hard if you don't know what to do.
>>
>>382279243
what is that even supposed to mean? there is no skill to the game you just stop or you go and walk really slowly everywhere.
It's neat for fans of Alien but the game isn't good
>>
Ok
I'm gonna go back and switch it to hard.
Well there goes 30mins of time wasted because I played a little passed where you see the Alien

Is it possible/recommended to kill every human? That first girl really pissed me off for shooting at me, so now I want to kill her.
>>
>>382279001
agreed. i was very disappointed in this game. crouch and crawl with the speed of a snail for hours is not interesting. also retarded enemy spawns
>>
>>382278274
The AI is retarded on Normal, you really should play it on Hard. I beat it even though I'm retarded at games and it was genuinely terrifying the entire time.
>>
>>382276758
Don't become hysterical.
>>
I just beat it a couple weeks ago. It's an ok game but it drags on longer than it should. It can be tedious at times.

Also, don't be afraid to use your ammo/items when you need them.
>>
>>382279567
You know you can just walk everywhere and it counts as being silent unless the alien is in the same room as you.
>>
>>382279530
If you want to kill them it's best to make noise, hide and let them Alien kill them.
>>
>>382279567
on nightmare it will hear you walking so you almost need to crouch everywhere. It's not fun
>>
>>382279243
pretty much this, I clear the med-bay in less than 4 min every time.
>>
>>382279424
git gud
>>
>>382280448
It doesn't hear you walking on hard???
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.