[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Having never really playing any of these games, where is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

Having never really playing any of these games, where is the best one to start?
>>
IV. Try the PSP or GBA one.
>>
How deep do you want to go? Staring at 1 is quite a ride if you play the NES rules.
>>
>>382276385
Probably the PSP version of the first game. Skip II and III, jump directly on IV and then proceed from there.
>>
>>382276385
X is the only one that's even remotely good.
Don't trust any other opinions.
>>
>>382276515
>>382276634
I don't have a PSP

Are they fine on Steam or mobile?
>>
>>382276730
Emulate it then. But the Steam/Mobile version of IV is based off the DA version which is notoriously hard
>>
File: IMG_2473.png (67KB, 1204x1623px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2473.png
67KB, 1204x1623px
world of final fantasy
>>
>>382276730
There's good emulation of that, m8.
The only mainline FFs missing on Steam are I, II, XII and XV, but i honestly think it's only a matter of time before they will be released.
>>
Start with any game but IV or II.

IV and VII are by far the most overrated games. II is just the actually worst game.
>>
>>382277606
Isn't 2 the one where you level up by dying or some shit?
>>
>>382276658
My Nigga
X is still to this day one of my top 3 GOAT
>>
>>382276385
IV ultimately was the first FF to be majorly praised.

VI was the last great SNES FF

VII, XI and X are some golden age Squaresoft. Killer writing, fun gameplay, memorable atmosphere.

Without getting too current, these are all solid games of the franchise
>>
>>382277682
You can raise stats by fighting monsters normally, but its a pain in the ass.

Yes, by far the best way to "level up" (no levels in II) is to attack yourself
>>
File: Screenshot_2.png (38KB, 359x582px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.png
38KB, 359x582px
>>382276385
Good timing. We were just having this discussion in our twitter group.
>>
>>382277682
You raise skills and stats the more you use them, which for some reason translated into gaining more HP the more damage you take, so you can grind HP by hitting your own party.
>>
>>382277682
II doesn't have levels. You get stat bonuses after battle by using your stats

>dealing damage with attacks gives a chance for str boost
>taking physical damage * for hp boost
>using attack magic * for magic boost
And so on, but most if not all versions of the game let your boost your hp by attacking yourself.
>>
>>382276385
FF9's good.
>>
>>382276385
>>
They're boring, you're better off playing something like FF15, FF13, or Crisis Core. Or the emulate the Dissidia for PSP. But I recommend emulating the First 2 games to start off, or you can buy them off of PSN.
>>
>>382276385
Reminder that there is no best FF, there are only the ones that don't suck, as none of the good ones actually beat eachother in terms of quality.
>>
>>382276634
Awful advice. PS1 is the best version of 1, and 3 is great.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.