[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the video game industry's non existent entry standards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 2520905-5249258851-phil-.jpg (200KB, 1679x941px) Image search: [Google]
2520905-5249258851-phil-.jpg
200KB, 1679x941px
Are the video game industry's non existent entry standards a good or bad thing?
>>
That """""beard"""""" makes me physically ill
>>
>video game industry's non existent entry standards
Do you think everyone who makes a videogame becomes rich and successful?
>>
Good I think. While there's a lot of crap out there, you get gems which simply wouldn't exist in the AAA space.
>>
>>382274486
What industry has entry standards? Certainly not filmmaking or book writing.
>>
Good since we'd be stuck with playing the shitty games you love like CSGO, hitman, dota 2, gta 5, etc.
>>
>>382275334
I don't play a single one of those games.
>>
>>382275516
Hello you are cancer.
Please refrain from posting here forever.
>>
>>382274486
Frank Zappa said he liked the old style music producers who were these old cigar smoking types who didnt give a shit about music as long as it sold because they allowed a lot of freedom in music ironically enough. They would produce anything as long as someone would buy it. What he hated was the new wave of "cool" producers who were music lovers themselves since they were obsessed with forcing their own personal taste down the throats of everyone and only producing stuff they liked.

Is something similar happening with games now?
>>
>>382275328
Music industry kinda does because one company owns all the radio stations or something. I remember some doc about it and how one band was basically told they had to be more like [popular band] or their music wouldn't be put on air or record.
>>
>>382274486
>is the free market a good or bad thing?

What the fuck is the point of this thread
>>
File: front-hikari.png (69KB, 200x240px) Image search: [Google]
front-hikari.png
69KB, 200x240px
>>382275754
ううん 毎日このウエブサイトにはポストするつもりだ
>>
>>382276287
Not necessarily. The things that make the most money in games are typically terrible, terrible things that objectively make your game worse. Publishers are of course going to tell their devs to shoehorn as much of this garbage as they can in.

>Paid loot crate systems (So fucking tired of loot boxes in games just let me buy the cosmetics I want with in-game currency instead of stringing me along)
>$20 mounts or exp boosts
>Cutting content and reselling it as DLC
>Microtransactions in general
>Rushed sequels
>>
>>382276598
Some people are so indoctrinated by consoles and AAA companies that they think it's all we should need.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvuv0357O8I

>>382276287
You know, I think the Games industry mirrors how the rock music industry was in the late 60s through the 70s. You had these nerd-chic/high-brow academic faggots reading the equivalent of Polygon (Rolling Stone) treating any bullshit psychedelic "indie" band of losers as the highest form of art. They praised the "message" and "political commentary" over musical substance all while shitting on any band actually trying to expand rock. Read some reviews for early Yes or Genesis albums to see how much they were despised in these magazines and by "the cool kids."

In the 70s, Punk was continually lauded by these magazines and shoved down people's throats while bands like Rush, Rainbow, Judas Priest were ignored and considered "dorky."

I think there is a parallel here, with the current state of games. It's correcting itself and you can see it in the success of Japanese gameplay-oriented studios as of late. As much as these hipsters keep telling us how great and "punk rock" their latest pixelshit San Fransisco love story is, the market is proving what people really want.
>>
>>382276287
Frank Zappa, while musically talented, was also a moron so I'd take anything he says with a grain of salt.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.