[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best Cowboy Bebop simulator these days? Is there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

What's the best Cowboy Bebop simulator these days? Is there a better one than Rebel Galaxy?
>>
>>382270805
If this is viral marketing, it's working. I'm checking this game out right now.
>>
Eve
>>
>>382271065
yep me too
>>
Elite Dangerous
>>
>>382271065
>viral
not really, i got it for free in the gog promotion

it's a 7/10 low budget game, feels like the dev really loved freelancer
>>
>>382271065
You should probably learn to have a little more restraint, then. Rebel Galaxy is an extremely monotonous courier simulator that often gets praised for "muh COMFY" but inevitably disappoints, as there's really not that much challenge or even meat to the game. You're doing the same shit at the begging as you do 10+ hours in, only maybe a little better because of different guns or ships.
>>
goddamnit i was hyped
>>
>>382271065
It's shit, sorry
>>
>>382271104
maybe if bounty hunting wasn't so fucked
>>
>>382271163
Is it good? I was planning on buying it
>>
>>382271285
> inevitably disappoints
that´s a bit harsh, because not everybody has the same overreaching expectations, most people realize the shallowness and simply get to the "yeah, that´s it for this game" point, and never touch it again, but that does not mean that you were not entertained adequately for your money up to that point.
>>
File: test.gif (392KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
test.gif
392KB, 1500x1000px
>>382271163
>>382271104
>>382270805
>FEDEX and mining in space simulators.
>>
>>382271163
This, you can fly a big ship, and get on a fighter and launch from the big ship. You can be a bounty hunter searching for bounties on asteroid fields or in cruise mode.

The closest you can get to a cowboy bebop game until Star Citizen gets released in around the same time humanity faces extinction in 2050.

Or you can try Freelancer. It's a oldy and a goody.
>>
>>382271285

Yeah, this. It's cheap, you'll get your 20-30 hours out of it. But it has very little depth and a lot of people are put off by

--WARNING--

It's NOT a 6dof space sim. You are restricted to a 2-d plane, and you essentially sail around and trade broadsides with enemies as though you were a ship-of-the-line.

Now I found a lot of charm in this and got my money's worth, but ultimately there's very little variety, things like mining and trading really aren't worth your time, and the developers have expressed no desire to expand on it or make a follow-on. So just temper your expectations and you might just enjoy it for what it's worth. Get it as cheap as you can, obviously.
>>
>>382271720
Yeah, I've had fun with it. It's a lot of work though, it's not just pew pew from the beginning on. Don't go in expecting to be an expert dogfighter for at least a while and you'll have fun.

>>382271827
>waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah there's actually a technical part of bounty hunting outside of pew pewing!
>>
It's too bad Strike Vector was so disappointing.
>>
File: 1452788017976.png (32KB, 271x243px) Image search: [Google]
1452788017976.png
32KB, 271x243px
>>382271986
Yeah except being a Space Miner/Fedex is still more profitable than bounty hunting and "pew pewing"
>>
Is elite dangerous better? It's not cracked yet....
>>
>>382271285
>>382271615
Yea it was a whim. Not gonna buy it, I know them games.
>>
>>382272443
Do you like Euro Truck Simulator? It's basically that in Space. Don't let the shills meme you ino thinking that there is going to be a lot of fun action at later levels.
>>
File: ZwXW5.jpg (141KB, 759x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ZwXW5.jpg
141KB, 759x1024px
Step aside, kids.
>>
>>382271104
maybe you should kill yourself
>>
>>382272443
If you're interested in exploring space, try space engine.
>>
>>382272982
I just want Assasins Creed: Black Flag in space edition. With a bit of New Vegas thrown into the mix.
>>
>>382273573
You'll get the former but it's nothing like New Vegas.
>>
Rebel Galaxy was not bad, don't take me wrong, but the gameplay really does wear thin after a while. I tried to persevere and at least see the story to the end, but I can't hide, wooah, I won't hide, wooah! My evil ways.
>>
>>382275262
Soundtrack was unironically the best part of the game
>>
>>382276952
Not to be a contrarian, but I ain't a believer. I'm a bad, bad man.
>>
escape velocity nova
>>
>>382276952
It was so fucking bad I would have dropped the game if it wasn't so easy to replace that garbage.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.