[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You DID beat Furier, didn't you /v/? You're not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: furi.jpg (208KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
furi.jpg
208KB, 1024x1024px
You DID beat Furier, didn't you /v/?
You're not a... CASUAL, are you?
>>
Alright FUCKING furi is a great game, but it isn't hard (100%). It only requires learning, not high player skill. You don't really have to be fast or even careful cause the game is very generous with health.
I love the game, but don't act like it doesn't appeal to casuals.
>>
>>382268728
>It only requires learning, not high player skill

That's exactly what casuals don't want to do, though.
That's why triple A games have objective markers out the ass and never stop telling you the controls.
Learning and mastering a specific ruleset isn't something the average normie wants to do.
Which isn't to denigrate normies, it's just a preference, but yeah the game is hyper focused on the extreme end of the action scale.

I agree, Furi isn't that hard. Like a lot of hard games it just has a set of rules that it wants you to learn and will not budge on. But c'mon, no way in hell is Joe Normie gonna have the patience for Furier.
>>
File: ss+(2017-06-29+at+06.25.26).jpg (16KB, 932x80px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-06-29+at+06.25.26).jpg
16KB, 932x80px
>>382268004
Of course, OP.
>>
>>382268004
I-I'm working on it I swear
>>
Yeah, but the walking sections are a huge turnoff after the first playthrough, I would have 100% it if I could skip them
>>
>>382269025
So is there an achievement for beating mother brain on Furier or should I not bother?
Haven't gotten the assimilation achievement yet anyway.
The game also refuses to give me the ping pong achievement for some reason.
>>
>>382269456
>So is there an achievement for beating mother brain on Furier
No

>game also refuses to give me the ping pong achievement
Was wonky for me, too, took a few tries.
>>
>>382268728
I think that the ability to sit down and learn something is a type of skill. A lot of people don't have the patience for it and quit immediately. A whole lot of people are bad at recognizing and learning from their mistakes. Sheer execution isn't the only part of being good at games.
>>
>>382269673
Thank christ, that boss was a nightmare on Furi. Projectile-focused bosses destroy me.
Line, Song, and Star all kicked the shit out of me for awhile.
>>
>>382268004
I didn't because it's easy as fuck and only good for some niggers who think that MGR is a good game
Fuck off with your memeshit, this and MGR are literally hack'n'slash games for entrylevel pieces of shit
>>
>>382269862
Line also pushed my shit in on Furier.
Burst did too but only the last phase.
>>
>>382270182
>and only good for some niggers who think that MGR is a good game
you just sold me Furi, mate
>>
>>382270390
Np, have fun with this shit taste, hope you'll get better someday
>>
>>382270532
What are your favorite games, anon?
>>
>>382270193
I'll say that Furier is making me irritated with how every boss' final phase seems to be "push out triangular damage waves in a looping pattern with projectiles flying around."
It was less blatant on Furi but it seems like all that can be done to ramp things up to maximum on Furier.
>>
>>382270625
Devil May Cry 3-4 and Sengoku Basara 4 Sumeragi for example
>>
File: Furi_quick.gif (2MB, 480x250px) Image search: [Google]
Furi_quick.gif
2MB, 480x250px
>>382270685
>DMC 3-4

Well there's your problem, friend. DMC is about memorizing and executing a plan, keeping the enemy helpless against intricately thought-out combos that take a lot of dexterity to pull off.
Furi is about memorizing what your opponent does, when they do it, and knowing exactly when to execute a simple attack in their blindspots.

They're different types of hack and slash entirely.
>>
>>382270982
>DMC is about memorizing and executing a plan
>thought-out combos
>Furi is about memorizing what your opponent does, when they do it, and knowing exactly when to execute a simple attack in their blindspots.
As I said hope you'll fix your taste and opinion someday. Furi is easy as fuck and there's nothing to memorize at all, what the fuck are you on about
>>
>>382270685
I hope you're not implying DMC is hard.
>>
>>382271296
There are enemy attacks that literally come too fast for the human eye/ear to react to raw, you HAVE to know how the enemy attacks first.
The second boss has an attack string like that. Two attacks that come at normal speed, a delayed attack, and then one more attack instantly after that one.
There's plenty you can react to raw, but it's much easier if you've got the muscle memory down for the instant the stimuli occurs.

I'm not saying Furi is the hardest thing of all time, DMC4 was definitely harder, but it was hard for different reasons.
If I were the type of person who's good at creating and memorizing combo strings, I'd find DMC easier, but that's why I don't play DMC much or fighting games.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.