[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel like playing an ARPG lootfest that isn't Diablo,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 40897.jpg (53KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
40897.jpg
53KB, 700x400px
I feel like playing an ARPG lootfest that isn't Diablo, what are some good ones? I'm considering Grim Dawn, Titan Quest, Torchlight, or PoE. Anyone play these? I don't think I'll get into hardcore endgame stuff, so it doesn't matter to me if it's a bit dead.
>>
literally all of them are shit
>>
>>382266398
Titan Quest hasn't aged very well.
I haven't played Grim Dawn
Torchlight II has tons of content but it just isn't "fun"
PoE is *okay* but it has a learning curve and the endgame and leagues is what you play it for. I consider the base game fun maybe on your first play through if you're playing casually.
>>
imo, tl1 > tl2. base game of tl1 seemed to have more customization than base game of tl2.
>>
>>382266398
Mu Online
>>
I'm really enjoying Grim Dawn. It doesn't have a strict Necromancer class but it does have multiple classes that have summons - and you can mix/match classes to get what you want. So you can summon a shitload of average stuff or a few really fucking strong things.

Running around with a hell hound destroying everything while I chill and pick up loot or read snippets of lore is stupid amounts of fun.
>>
>>382267160
Necromancer is getting added soon in an expansion pack.
>>
>>382266740
>Titan Quest hasn't aged very well.
I absolutely hate you fucking retards that say this shit. Go get a different hobby.
>>
phantasy star online
>>
>>382267234
Sick. I honestly think the game has enough summoning classes as is but I will not say no to that.
>>
Sacred Gold is pretty baller, if you're in the mood for an action RPG lootfest with one of the biggest open worlds I've ever seen in a vidya. It's also hand crafted so it's not a boring shit world either.
>>
>>382267868
shame sacred's combat is so clunky
>>
>>382267234
>>382267160
>>382267568

It's also getting the Inquisitor class in the expansion.
>>
>>382268551
N i c e
>>
>>382268041
>>382267868

I felt the combat was fine, but it runs like shit, if you can even launch it, it crashes my pc.
>>
File: arthas with a flesh golem.jpg (453KB, 667x482px) Image search: [Google]
arthas with a flesh golem.jpg
453KB, 667x482px
Grim Dawn is the best ARPG on the market.

EXPANSION SOON, FELLOW STALKERS
>>
>>382267372
He's completely right. TQ is dull as fuck.
>>
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 1 and 2 and Champions of Norrath 1 and 2
>>
File: 1496995280563.png (3KB, 142x142px) Image search: [Google]
1496995280563.png
3KB, 142x142px
>>382268757
>tfw bought a PAL PS2 for these specifically, latest ever slimline iteration and component cables
>learned that most if not all PAL PS2 games don't support 480p, rendering component cables useless
>>
>>382268757
Which are better, Dark Alliance or the EverQuest games?
>>
>>382269472
I liked the Norrath games more. They are a bit more polished and smoother due to being newer. Other than BG:DA 1 having only three characters, they're basically the same game.
>>
>>382266398
PoE is the most in-depth and content rich arpg you will find and it's also free. There's no other arpg that can trump PoE in terms of depth and content. They are even coming with 6 new acts in July/August.
>>
>>382270356

I find the sphere grid and skill system to be underwhelming. Attaching skills to weapons and getting minor bonuses through the grid felt very boring.
>>
>>382266398
If you don't mind it being old go play Throne of Darkness
>>
>>382268718
D2 is still on the market
>>
>>382270590
It allows you to min/max and progress through the passive tree how you want in a very unique. Even same builds can vary in passive tree which is so great about PoE. It allows for flexibility and divirsity.
>>
>>382267372
TQ suck tbqhwyf.
>>
>>382266398
Diablo 3
>>
>>382270751

this
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.