[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GTA 5 has really shitty sounding guns. All the guns sound super

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (159KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
159KB, 1920x1080px
GTA 5 has really shitty sounding guns. All the guns sound super unsatisfying and shitty.

They sound like what would happen if you used FL Studio to create gunshot sounds from scratch instead of recording real gunfire.

I just wanted to say this. This thread's gonna die in a second because you don't give a shit about any of this but GTA 5 has fucking terrible sounding guns. They all sound like fucking horseshit. Discuss.
>>
>>382258573
I agree.
Maybe.
>>
>>382258573
it's the same thing with call of duty but they do it on purpose so each gun has a distinct sound
>>
I wonder which game did it the best
>>
>all guns sound like shit
>no guns have recoil
>every gun shoots the same
>>
>>382258573
they kept the third person sounds while in first person, that's the problem
>>
>>382258573
I have the same opinions about NuDoom.
>>
>>382258896
gun sounds?
probably Project Reality or Squad for actual sounds, Battlefield 3 or 4 for the real time reverb effects which sound amazing
>>
File: 1467599541674.jpg (195KB, 800x775px) Image search: [Google]
1467599541674.jpg
195KB, 800x775px
>>382258896
GTA 4 had decent gun sounds.

>that high-pitched, loud pop of the glock
>that brutal, monstrous crack of the deagle and shotgun
>>
>>382258573

Same problem CSGO had, at least they tried to update their gun sounds.

In GTA V even though it's not the best MG i'll still use the PKM just because it sounds like it packs a punch everything else sounds garbage
>>
>>382258573
I actually agree with you OP. They're so unsatisfying to shoot.
>>
>>382258573
Not just the sound, everything about the gameplay is crap. It's all floaty and soft, designed to smoothly translate over low bandwidth connections.
>>
>>382258896
bf is p gud t.b.h.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPSy8UOH12c
>>
>>382258573
The main problem with most gun sounds is they're not loud enough in relation to everything else. The sirens in GTA are louder then the guns for example.

Gun sound recording:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8-YgPCmUDg
>>
>>382258896
Hm, I wonder.
>>
>>382258573
probably the devs got tired of that loud shit so they toned it down and just never bothered to raise it given how long and monotonous the sounds got.
>>
>>382258896
something about the pistol in hl2 always really did it for me.

https://youtu.be/W8QTkdDxE3U?t=18
>>
>>382258573
>if you used FL Studio to create gunshot sounds from scratch
So a synth?
>>
>>382260591

I don't see how you could, loud, piercing gunshots make it so much better. Imagine this scene from Heat if they'd used some ass in-studio sounds instead of the actual sound of the gunshots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL9fnVtz_lc
>>
>>382258896
DICE games
>>
>>382258573
The weapon sounds in GTA V really pissed me off, they are so shitty and unsatisfying. At release it really got me, and I thought maybe something was wrong with my sound system. Before release, I was ready for more of the same pop that RDR guns had, but it was nothing close.

Sucked so bad, how can you take inspiration from Heat, and don't do anything about making the guns sound mean?
>>
File: 1489455688278.gif (2MB, 159x146px) Image search: [Google]
1489455688278.gif
2MB, 159x146px
>>382259649
yup..

they gutted the atmosphere for GTA:O, really has me worried about the franchise's future, Red Dead as well..
>>
The gunplay in 5 in garbage anyway, not only most weapons (such as the carbine) look shit, they didn't bother with the names, they sound like shit and the shooting is overall very simplified and barely enjoyable.
>>
>>382261757
they also ruined euphoria. the whole euphoria engine had a much more sandboxy feel to it in GTA 4, and it was actually fun to shoot somebody and see them stumble around, grab onto the environment and topple stuff over. they didn't even bother trying to do anything that interesting in 5. it's just
>fire one shot into guy
>he drops to the ground

they reeeally dropped the ball on 5's gunplay. I actually still play 4 from time to time just because the gunplay is so much more enjoyable.
>>
The gunplay overall was such a letdown after Max Payne 3. You can mod in better gun sounds, but shooting still doesn't have the oomph it did in MP3.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZFxoQVDwFY&ab_channel=yx0ify

What are some games that accurately recreate the echoing sound of gunfire in a city
>>
File: uwot.jpg (129KB, 650x485px) Image search: [Google]
uwot.jpg
129KB, 650x485px
>>382262615
>sitting in my house in GTAO
>quieter version of this happens
This is why I spawn on my yacht or bunker
>>
>>382260790
oui
>>
>>382258573
>pick up and fire standard pistol
>*fart*
>pick up and fire assault rifle
>*higher pitched fart*
>pick up and fire magnum pistol
>*slightly slower fart*

GTA5 isn't a game I hate and I do enjoy it from time to time but holy fuck the guns do sound terrible. It's especially jarring using a custom gun sounds mod then going into Online with the vanilla sounds. Even GTA IV had better ones.
>>
>>382258573
No. All the guns sound real and perfect, even the flare gun.

You're just a hater and a dumbass
>>
>>382258896
https://youtu.be/OxPmPLouRT4
Halo 2 anniversary was orgasm tier
>>
Get the bakamania sound more for gta v
>>
>>382265735
That actually sounds great. Thanks.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.