[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Star Fox Zero worth playing? You never hear about it, is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

File: SI_WiiU_StarFoxZero.jpg (350KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
SI_WiiU_StarFoxZero.jpg
350KB, 1000x500px
Is Star Fox Zero worth playing?

You never hear about it, is it bad or just forgettable?
>>
>>382257564
Depends on a lot of parameters.

I guess if you like the previous games, have no problem with the gyroscope and understand that you don't have to look at both screens like a retard, you could possibly like the game.
>>
File: Miyamoto.png (1MB, 1244x1095px) Image search: [Google]
Miyamoto.png
1MB, 1244x1095px
>>382257564
Its bad.
If you really have a desire to play it just pirate it.
>>
>>382258540
>>382258969
And here is the guy that proves my point.
>>
>>382259270
Sorry you like bad games.
>>
When i learned to aim without looking at the gamepad i got good, but the game is still a 6/10 at best.
Best part would be the fight with Starwolf all by yourself.
I completed the game to 100% and i dont really like the rewards, i'd rather had unlocked an Expert Mode like the good times.
>>
>>382259831
Fuck off Cody.

This is one of the worst games ever made. It's a disgrace. Downright unolayable.
>>
>>382257564
no its shit
>>
>>382260056
Im sorry i got good at it Jose.
>>
Honestly, no. And the controls are fine, they aren't the problem.
>>
>>382259831
>Best part would be the fight with Starwolf all by yourself.
What, that's the weakest part of the game
Best part is Sector Omega
game is still trash though
>>
I know its impossible for it to happen but i'd like to see what they can do with it on the Switch, remove the retarded gyrocontrol, add in online multiplayer like SF64 3D could be fun.
>>
>>382261142
Sector Omega was like a shit version of Area 6 for me, the boss is so fucking tedious.
>>
>>382261171
stuff like gyrocopter wouldn't work without the motion controls, it would be better to just make a new game
>>
>>382261138
The controls are still bad. There's a good reason why everyone thought the gyro aiming in Splatoon was great, and hated it in Zero
>>
>>382261171
No multiplayer was a sin, but Zero-out-of-ten has so many more problems going for it than just that and shitty motion controls: soundtrack is forgettable, the VAs sound unenthusiastic, the plot is a rehash except where they try to bait you into thinking there's a twist (spoiler alert: Andross is the bad guy all along), the graphics look poor for even Wii standards, and there's fewer levels and unlockables than pretty much any other Star Fox game (many of the unlockables you can just shortcut with amiibo, too).

Oh, but at least we have a level where Peppy says "BARREL ROLL" over and over. Nintendo totally gets those memes, rite guyz?
>>
>>382261589
>the VAs sound unenthusiastic
It was so fucking bad
>USE YOUR MOTION CONTROLS FOX
>TRUST YOUR VIEW FROM THE COCKPIT MY SON
Seriously who writes this crap
>>
>>382260056
Cody wouldn't give the game a 6/10.
He'd insult people with a post while saying it's his favorite game from last year.
Please don't witch hunt for him, his presence is bad enough
>>
I know! The story was dreadful. Killed the experience for me.
>>
>>382261171
There's no competitive multiplayer because of the controls.
>>382261589
Remember when people were hoping that the game would pull a Kid Icarus Uprising and open a slew of new missions to follow after the supposed conclusion?
>>
>>382261589
>that level in wich you along Bill and the Cornerian army fight a fleet of SF64 bosses as you get through the shield
>thinking i had to go through the whole ship to blow it up
>lol/jk the thing that makes the ship explode is just there.
>a fight with Starwolf after
meh, 5/10.
Enemy AI was awful though, it was like the entire game was set on retard difficulty.
>>
>>382262107
It made me mad how they hinted that Pepper is deceiving the team (especially in the animated short) then just go nowhere with it.
Miyamoto's anti-story autism strikes again
>>
I'm a legit nintendo superfan - bought all their first party games on wiiu and 3ds, and i can honestly say that star fox zero is one of the worst 'major' games they've made in a decade.
>>
I waited for so long for a new Star Fox on a main console to come out. SF64 is literally my favourite game of all time, I tried really hard to get into Assault and Command but something about rail-track games hits the correct spot.

I waited and waited, then suddenly this game was announced which made me ecstatic.

I couldn't believe it when they started showing it off with gyro motion controls and a dual screen set up. I really tried giving this game a chance, I must've put in 20 hours into it before I came to the conclusion it wasn't a good game at all.

I believe SFZero is a perfect game to describe the entire Wii-U console, It had potential but it totally screwed it up in the end.

I rank this game as the worst Star fox and it will age worse than the original on the SNES. I am keen to see how SF2 on the SNES mini turns out and if it has aged well considering that the main gameplay was used in SFCommand.
>>
>>382262217
>"For the Star Fox story, what's really important are the relationships between General Pepper and Andross and Fox and his father. I didn't want to try to tell a new story, so by keeping those relationships at the core, then going back to the Star Fox 64 story framework, we've added quite a bit of story to that and introduced the idea of these teleporters. The teleporters have an important role both from a story as well as a gameplay standpoint, and that's allowed us to strengthen the original story that existed in Star Fox 64."
>"In the original Star Fox 64, from a story perspective, there wasn't a lot of depth beyond the character relationships. But this time we wanted to try to tell more of the story of the Star Fox universe, and in particular the relationships between Fox's dad and Andross [the chief antagonist] and General Pepper [your boss]. That's a focus of this game. And in particular the relationship between Pepper and Andross, and the questions "Why did Pepper kick Andross out?" and "Why can't Andross accept the reasons he was kicked off the team?" That's where the teleporters come into play from a story standpoint."

http://time.com/4245215/starfox-wii-u/

And that just boiled down to:
Andross makes portals for world domination
Pepper gets mad
They fight
>>
On the bright side, Shiggy's going to try and continue it no matter what.
He wants Star Fox to be popular just like how he keeps making Pikmin games to make Pikmin more popular.
Here's hoping he gets the memo of what made Zero not work
>>
>>382263113
Considering the complaints from critics... yeah, he's not going to do that.

Miyamoto is a piece of shit who hates Star Fox.
>>
>>382263598
I wouldn't say he hates the series.
I think he's just misguided on how to handle the series in general.
>>
>>382263740
We wanted something fresh, new, and different. Not another rail shooter.
>>
As a sonyfag i can safely say that this star fox is not that bad. Is pretty alright but the non-motion control crowd likes to hate it.
>>
>>382263973
Fuck you, no one likes Zero.
>>
File: 1449787506893.png (87KB, 810x807px) Image search: [Google]
1449787506893.png
87KB, 810x807px
>>382263973
>If I pretend to like Sony that will help my argument
Nice try
>>
>>382263973
Your argument is flawed because the gryo aiming is one of the most praised aspects of Splatoon.
Its just implemented really poorly in SFZ
>>
>>382263810
They already tried something new with Adventures. And fans wanted a new game that was more like 64.
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (216KB, 348x350px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
216KB, 348x350px
>>382264232
I don't think that is poorly implemented is more like the curvature to learn the gyro aiming is higher and takes more time. The problem for me in Zero is that the stages same really bland, nothing is new on the stages and what is new is not very good. But i think that to anyone who liked star fox 64 there's room to like here too, but not that much. 6/10
>>
>>382264651

That no longer means anything now, back then yes but everyone has since been more appreciative to Adventures and Assault even.
>>
I'd say it's worth playing and I put probably close to 100 hours into it.

As much as I enjoy the game, I'd give it about a 7.5/10. Would've liked another level or two, or maybe some more bonus missions. But other than that, the game is still a blast to play, solo or with a friend.

Don't listen to the people who have some kind of death wish against this game. I think what bothers them is where THEY think the series should go yet all of them have different ideas; whether it's a darker story like Assault, bringing back Krystal, making a CRUHAYZEE rail shooter like Sin & Punishment or something.

Remember, many mostly know Star Fox for two things: the barrel roll meme and the cancelled Star Fox 2. More people identify Fox with the Smash series than his own. The franchise itself boils down to 'just another Nintendo series', despite having a lot of influence on the making of other games.

Overall, I'm happy with Zero. The gameplay was something new, the characters weren't overabundant and the story/events were good for longtime fans and newcomers.
>>
>>382265971
>Don't listen to the people who have some kind of death wish against this game.
literally "DELETE THIS"
>>
>>382266074
Obviously, criticism is welcome and in a few cases, very valid. But talking like Star Fox Zero murdered your family is what I'm referring to.
>>
File: SFZisMediocre.jpg (2MB, 975x1600px) Image search: [Google]
SFZisMediocre.jpg
2MB, 975x1600px
>>382265971

>>/miiverse/

I know it's you Cody
>>
>>382257564
I had a lot of fun with it. I've always been able to adapt to new controls so I had no problem with the motion. There were a lot of moments in the game that felt very exciting, and I ended up having a blast. Most people seem to have problems with the game but I think it is worth a playthrough.
>>
>>382258540
Exactly, you dont need to look at both screens. I dont understand why people had such a tough time understanding this.

You use the reticle on-screen as your primary aimpoint; and use gyro controls to hone in your shot (you still use the left-analog stick to drive your aircraft and move the reticle this way as well; like previous games) but only use the second screen as necessary (like for precise shots during all-range mode)

And then for boss battles; you switch it around. You use the second screen as your primary screen and use that as an offensive POV viewpoint as you drive-in to make your assault. - And when needed to evade attacks, you revert back to the TV to dodge and avoid damage. Back and forth.

Its really not hard at all; but apparently it was too much for most people and the game was declared "ruined" because of it.

In 10 years when gamers are slightly less retarded with gyro controls and other new concepts the game will be appreciated more.
>>
>>382264945
post moar cute wolf
>>
>>382267242
Aonuma said the dual screen shit was bad design and unnecessarily distracting for the player. I'm sure he knows quite a bit more about gameplay design than you do.
>>
>>382265971
Fuck off, Cody.

This game is a zero out of ten.
>>
>>382267383
Just beacuse Aonuma said it, it must be true right? There are lots of different philosophies video games and gameplay design.

The problem is, people werent ready for it. It was an entirely new way of playing this type of game; so people were very bad at it. And do they ever blame themselves for being bad at a game? No. Therefore it "must be the game".

Gyro controls (2-handed gyro controls in particular) are becoming more accepted as a serious way of playing video games (with games like Splatoon, Breath of the Wild, etc). - So in time, a game like Star Fox: Zero will seem less crazy and be much easier to pick up and master.

For now, its something unlike anything else; so of course most people are going to think its bad.

Learning when the best time to look between 2 screens (with 2 different viewpoints) is something that has never really been done before. And unless somebody strives to practice and learn it; they wont ever think SF: Zero is good.
>>
>>382267843
>Just beacuse Aonuma said it, it must be true right?
Yes. Are you seriously going to argue with the man who made BOTW? As if you know more about games than he does? lmao
>Gyro controls (2-handed gyro controls in particular) are becoming more accepted as a serious way of playing video games (with games like Splatoon, Breath of the Wild
You're argument is dumb, people loved the gyro aiming in splatoon, the Zelda remakes and BOTW. Zero just does a bad job with it.
>>
>>382267358
>>
>>382266750
>>382267454
>no argument in their own words
>M-MUH BOOGEYMAN
>THE GAME JUST SUX

Thanks for proving my point, guys. While that pic has a couple good points, almost all are boiled down to personal gripes.

>>382267383
You mean the same Aonuma who many disliked and ridiculed for years before becoming immune to criticism because he was involved with Breath of the Wild, a game that he SAID he let the younger workers take control on?

I do like a lot of the Zelda games he worked but I'm not going to put my faith of game design in someone who hasn't tried to make other genres of games so call me when he does.
>>
>>382268036
I dont understand how my point was lost on you. I'm not disputing how immensely talented Aonuma is. But that doesnt mean he is right on absolutely everything.

The game, and whether it truly is bad design, or something unfamilar to most people (and thus not preferable in gameplay design) is always up for discussion. Aonuma is amazing but he isnt final word on everything gaming related.

The Gyro controls were fine in Star Fox: Zero. Not much different than the controls in Splatoon and BotW honestly. The problem was adding in the additional factor of switching viewpoints between TV and Wii U Gamepad (3rd person and 1st person view) and tying your movement to the gyro controls AND aiming. - It was too much for people.

Many will say its bad design; and thats a fair opinion to have. But I just think its too advanced for people. Those that have taken the time to learn the strategy behind the game and its controls learn to appreciate it for what it is.

In time, the game will be praised for being ahead of its time. At least control wise.

The game is still pretty short and linear; so that will hold it back no matter what.
>>
>>382268375
>In time, the game will be praised for being ahead of its time.
No, it won't. It'll be forgotten just like Command
>>
>>382268375
>>382268504
None of us can see the future so what's the fucking point in arguing at this point
>>
File: maximum autism.png (120KB, 337x673px) Image search: [Google]
maximum autism.png
120KB, 337x673px
>>382267843
>>382268352
>>382268036

>>/miiverse/

You're either Cody or this autist
>>
>>382268863
>>382266750
>>382267454
Please Anon don't witch hunt
Not everyone who doesn't think Zero is complete shit are those two
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.