[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you fix Star Citizen and ensure it succeeds without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: STAR CITIZEN.jpg (315KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
STAR CITIZEN.jpg
315KB, 666x666px
How would you fix Star Citizen and ensure it succeeds without pissing off the whales?
>>
What is there to fix? it's good.
>>
its fucked
>>
>>382257483
releasing it
>>
>>382257483
You can't fix that scam. The guy in charge blew all the money on yachts, espresso machines, custom doors, and a fat salary for his no talent squeeze. This is going to go down as the biggest scam in gaming history. And the worst part? Nobody is going to learn shit.
>>
Hey there, long time supporter of the project (3 years running, 1000 dollars!) and I have some comments to make on this subject. :)

That's how they actually type on r/starcitizen. If you don't lick ass constantly you get slammed.
You can change literally anything and you wouldn't piss off anyone. They're too circlejerk.
>>
>>382257483
Burn it all down and sacrifice Chris Roberts upon the pyre.
>>
>>382261154
It's weird what so little content for such a long time does to a group of people.
>>
>>382261887
So little content, and someone like Derek Smart.
>he's trying to say their project is doomed
>but he's ENTIRELY unhinged and claims to operate literal troll networks
He's the best strawman scapegoat they could ask for. It no longer matters if SC is a scam or if it's going to succeed--with Derek Smart around, the SC fanbase is rallied and radicalized so that no criticism is okay.
>>
>>382257483
it's too late to fix. I'd be buying international properties with the money and planning an escape.
>>
File: bAbDZln.jpg (98KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
bAbDZln.jpg
98KB, 720x960px
I'd take vacations to Europe and go to the Monaco grand prix in a rented yacht wearing extremely expensive jewelry.

I'd also make sure the company was split up between many geographic locations in order to hide my vacations from the workers so they don't know what's happening.
>>
>>382262185
Is Derek actually working as a double agent for Chris?
>>
>>382261093
The chairs they used for a web show cost $5,000 each because they are made from recycled airplane wings or some shit. The custom desk he has sitting in his office is $20,000.
>>
>>382262546
Probably not. Derek seems legitimately nuts. I think it was just good luck.
>>
I'd probably implement credits into the beta and start working on the economy.

I would also force everyone to start with auroras and call it a 'testing phase" and keep ships in arena commander
>>
>>382262185
I don't think ti's a scam. If it was why haven't they shat out something half baked and took the rest? It's a combination of incompetence, no one knowing how to budget and no one who can veto some new retarded feature that pushes the release date for months.

Or maybe chris is a much better scam artist that i give him credit for.

Deep down I want the game to succeed, but with all the delays, all the new fucking features that no one actually asked for that will take them even longer to complete and the marketing of a game that is a glorified model viewer I don't have much hope.

Would be nice if elite wasn't as wide as the galaxy and as deep as my ass crack.
>>
>>382262768
And then give back premium ships again
>>
>>382257483
Of course with more money, it's a scam after all they only care about money and nothing else.
>make donate over $1000 to get the questline you write to be included in the "game" !
and such, there they'll get more money off the stupid whales.
>>
>>382262847
Completely agreed. Everyone says "scam", but I don't think this was intended. Chris is extremely perfectionistic and not in a good way. He's run out of money on every project he's ever worked on.

>I want it to suceed, but
Yeah, this is where I'm at. This project is fucked in 27 ways.
>>
>>382262847
The longer it goes the harder it is for people to ask for refunds. Basically each year, more and more people lose the ability to get a refund. He is pocketing 6+ figure salary for his wife and himself, his brother, and a ton of other things.

It's not like he can legitimately walk away with 50 million dollars scott free.
>>
File: NOT-HEPPY-JAN.jpg (38KB, 960x622px) Image search: [Google]
NOT-HEPPY-JAN.jpg
38KB, 960x622px
>>382261093
>This is going to go down as the biggest scam in gaming history.

When Hollywood, AAA Egofaggotry and Thirsty Whales collide...

I'm almost cynical enough to believe the entire venture was an elaborate stunt to discredit crowdfunding as a workable alternative to traditional game publishing channels.
>>
Fucking force the devs to stop adding features they don't have time for. THIS IS WHAT MMO EXPANSIONS ARE FOR YOU MONGOLOIDS
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.