[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>it's exactly 17 years since Diablo II was released

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault.jpg (110KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
110KB, 1920x1080px
>it's exactly 17 years since Diablo II was released

Post favorite builds, runs, sets, and general nostalgia ITT
>>
Anyone else play on launch day? B.net was such a shit show for hours.
>>
bladefurrysin no jutsu
>>
>Tfw trying to add friends for the first time, and my retarded 12 year old self adds them by their character's name and not account name

It haunts me to this day. Same with having people on my friends list, and being unable to see what game they're in because they never added me to friends.
>>
File: D2 and D3 comparison.png (1MB, 1392x1644px) Image search: [Google]
D2 and D3 comparison.png
1MB, 1392x1644px
>>
>>382253843
I'm amazed no one called you wrong by now. Normally you have tons of nostalgia-Anons immediately reeing.

I agree with the pic.
>>
>>382252026
2h zeal/conviction pally with IK set - helm
zeal enchantress
buriza/LF zon
dark ranger (summon necro with widowmaker)
windy druid
berserk baba with upped ribby
trapsin with blade fury and lacerator

also

Paladin with lacerator and fana, thorns from merc
Tag monsters with amplify damage from lacerator, then convert them
The enemy monster hits the convert, curse multiplies damage, then gets reflected with curse, and multiplied again because the attacker is cursed too
It is actually viable to get melee champions/uniques to kill themselves this way, although it's a little tricky.
If you use throw and use a rogue merc with the thorns runeword, you aren't in danger of killing yourself from the thorns damage when the convert wears off.
>>
>>382254239
Because it's a little too obvious of bait, and nobody cares anymore. Everybody knows D2 is in most aspects a more well made game, whereas D3 does shine in some areas, particularly the fluid combat, and probably SORT OF better designed end-game, although I appreciate D2's model of running bosses as well. I wish there were a hybrid of the two in that regard.
>>
>Frozen Orb / Chain Lightning Sorc build
>cutting through most immunity combos
>killing all of the annoying hordes of minions
>tp-ing around and slowing everyone down

it's either that or corpse explosion necro
>>
I played a single player melee sorceress through all three difficulties without spending any stat or skill points once.
She was far from the most fun to play but I always was fond of her.
>>
>>382254239
>Doubles down on an already shitty bait.
Come on now anon, have some self-respect.
>>
trapsin, lightning sorc and javazon

hmmm

all that trading on d2jsp was more fun then the game later on
>>
File: 1489047112077.png (21KB, 260x605px) Image search: [Google]
1489047112077.png
21KB, 260x605px
They're gonna fuck up the remaster, aren't they?
>>
>>382253843
Sorry but i totally disagree this.
I just think you never played D2 at all dude ...
>>
I like oddball PvM builds.

My all time favorite was probably my dual dream werebear sorc. Lit mastery pumped the shock damage from the dreams, enchant buffed AR, beast on switch to transform, 5 or 6 shael phase blade (whichever hit the fastest breakpoint, I forget), infinity on the merc, and you're a beast.

Also there's a really neat werewolf druid build out there that uses Earth Shifter and armageddon. You pump fire skills so they synergize the procs of fissure, cast an armageddon and whack guys with fury, it's kind of a glass cannon build and not much good against fire immunes but it's a lot of fun.
>>
>>382252026
Soso light es

ES was over power in d2 imo
>>
>>382255550
Of course!

As a token of my gratitude, I will identify items for you at no charge.
>>
File: 181886309.jpg (62KB, 430x401px) Image search: [Google]
181886309.jpg
62KB, 430x401px
>>382253843
If they would made common chest for all characters in D2 game would be perfect because fuck that mule shit

this pic is just bait
>>
>>382252026
This long and I still haven't played it, always seemed like a game I'd like. Maybe some Amazon build like Bow or Javelin
>>
>>382252026
Trapsin was a lot of fun from start to finish maybe my fave build, hammerdin and skellymancer also fun but too monotone, meteorb sorc was badass but kinda difficult.
Fav run is definitively hell, big monsters falling down with a few or single hits was so satisfying to see. Corpse Explosion best skill ever in any game.
>>
>>382252026
Wind Druid

Standard Summonmancer, CE is the most satisfying and most broken skill in the game.

I'm REALLY hoping D3 Necro can be played like D2 Necro. Only CE, Skeletons, a golem and Amp Damage. I won't know until next season because I'm waiting until then to play.
>>
>>382252026
The most fun I had with it was buying and giddily installing it.
>>
File: D2vsD3.jpg (701KB, 625x4933px) Image search: [Google]
D2vsD3.jpg
701KB, 625x4933px
>>382253843
>>382254239
I'll bite.
>>
>>382254760
>nobody cares anymore
What 4chan do you visit usually, where people are not anal cunts about shit that was never relevant?
Because it sure as hell aint this one.
>>
>>382252026
PvM CS Zerker
PvP BvC
>>
File: d3.jpg (366KB, 986x1378px) Image search: [Google]
d3.jpg
366KB, 986x1378px
>>382253843
>>
File: bigD.png (93KB, 256x255px) Image search: [Google]
bigD.png
93KB, 256x255px
Despite the way more complex class & character development system in 2, I still think 1 was the better (though less replayable) game

Dat atmosphere & music
>>
>>382257560
the only minus is that you can't run
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.