[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

329,970 copies of Rust have been refunded on Steam, totaling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: mWLA3Qq.jpg (512KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
mWLA3Qq.jpg
512KB, 1920x1080px
Steam Refund was a mistake! Its fucking destroying games.

>"Garry Newman of Facepunch Studios, developer of Rust, reported on Twitter today that the 329,970 copies of the Early Access survival game have been refunded on Steam. According to Newman (in another tweet), that comes to around 6% of all copies sold. (Extrapolating from that, it appears Steamspy's estimation of 5,509,983 Rust owners is pretty close to the mark.) In terms of dollars, those refunds total an eyebrow raising $4.3 million USD."

>"I asked Newman via Twitter what the most common reason given for requesting a refund was, and he replied "Not fun followed by bad performance - which is pretty fair I think.""

http://www.pcgamer.com/329970-copies-of-rust-have-been-refunded-on-steam-totaling-43-million/
>>
>>382251848
>4.3 millions are 6% of total earning
Holy fuck
>>
>>382251848
If you don't want your game to be refunded, wait until it's finished before you release it numbskull.
>>
Maybe try making actually good and functioning games then.
>>
File: 1496854781120.jpg (22KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
1496854781120.jpg
22KB, 351x351px
>Early Access survival game
>>
>>382251848
Yes, and? This is literally nothing new. Shit games get refunded. This also doesn't account for all the keys (since those aren't sold copies.)
>>
>>382251848
Don't make shit games and people won't refund.
>>
>>382251848
*Early Acess was a mistake
ftfy
>>
File: 1418237058778.png (122KB, 500x518px) Image search: [Google]
1418237058778.png
122KB, 500x518px
>>382251995
This. This is some corporations crying about having to be more eco friendly tier when the game has sold millions upon millions.
>>
>dev says it's pretty fair
>OP makes a shitpost
>>
>>382251848
It's a non-issue, alot of people wouldn't buy it without refunds, these people only played less than 2 hours in under 14 days.

It's not like anybody got a free game.
>>
>>382251848
I mean they made between 30-75 million dollars, at the very least. 4.3 million refunded is not a big deal.
>>
>>382251848

The best part if the game ever comes out a fuckload of people will refund it just like KF2
>>
All these games that go in early access for literally years can go fuck themselves desu.
>>
Facepunch confirmed bro developers.

Other indie devs:
>WAAA, THEY REFUNDED OUR "ART"!!! WAA!!!
Facepunch:
>They refunded the game for a valid reason, and we should work on improving the game so that they don't feel the need to refund.
>>
File: 1497092711611.jpg (74KB, 707x682px) Image search: [Google]
1497092711611.jpg
74KB, 707x682px
>first piracy was lost sales
>now refunds are lost sales
>in an age when demos have become a very rare thing
Are you this entitled to think that just because you have made an unfinished pile of shit and put it in a stand to sale do you assume the passers-bys looking at your shit lost customers?
>Inb4 shit analogy
Are they fucking self aware or they have already gone too far up their asses?
>>
Garry made a post about refunds a while ago. About how many refunded users likely wouldn't have even tried the game if it wasn't a feature. Also that he doesn't like working on Rust and thinks there isn't anywhere for the game to go in the future.
>>
So he is mad that people hate his shit game and wanted their money back for less than 2 hours gameplay?
>>
>>382253602
did you even read the op before replying
>>
>>382251848
wait can I still refund it? I got 21h on it.
>>
>>382253863
As I said, he is buttmad.
Why would he cry about it on twitter? If he doesn't care.
>>
>>382253602
Dude...youre stupid LMAO
>>
he even says he thinks it's fair. and it's only 6% of all sales, not like it makes a huge difference
>>
>>382251848
He has no issue and is happy. An amount is relative. What people care about is percentage
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.